Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2004, 08:44 AM   #1
Ogmuk
Administrator

Default Bodies of U.S. civilians strung from bridge in Iraq

Just saw video from this on the news:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html
Old 03-31-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Kerryn

That's pretty sick, but people have been doing this sort of thing for hundreds of years.

Still no place for it in todays world.

I'm just waiting for the first of the Bush supporters to say "And now you see why we had to invade"
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:51 AM   #3
korast

And now you see why i would of prefered nuclear weapons were used. Much cleaner on our side really.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:55 AM   #4
Kerryn

Yeah. Fuck the fact it would have killed thousands of innocent civilians.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:59 AM   #5
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
You mean like the ones hanging from the bridge?
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:00 AM   #6
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Unless the film was taken in a point in time before the invasion, people would have no reason to say "This is why we had to have the invasion...", because Iraqi Anti-American Invasion supporters are only retaliating to what the invasion has done. It's all about war.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:06 AM   #7
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

You mean like the ones hanging from the bridge?
Or do you mean like the civillians who dragged the bodies through the street and hung them there?

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:11 AM   #8
Deadscale

Can't believe war has "rules" you're supposed to beat the fuck out of the enemy. Then again this is only if the whole country was totally against you, all the civilians, their dogs, cats were all cooked up in one small town with the whole idea of trying to kill us, I wouldn't see why you would have to hold anything back.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:12 AM   #9
Chiteng
Supporter

If you dont have the stomach for war, then dont have one.

I am sick of this admin trying to play nice, with people who only goal in life is to kill us all.

Reprisals WOULD work. But you wont see any. The USA is too pussy for the true nature of war. But dont worry, the average grunt on the ground, will get the message. You might start hearing of 'incidents' when the newsmen are not around.

That is a true eye opener Oggie.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:19 AM   #10
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I thought it was made clear that the Iraqi forces played by no rules when it came to war when...

They were showing torture videos and pictures of them beating up the invasion troops...

They pulled out the anti-war people and started taking in their help by using them as human shields... (I heard the anti-war people wanted to do it anyway)

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:20 AM   #11
Ogmuk
Administrator

The footage of this bizarre happening in Fallujah looks much like the footage shot in Mogadishu, 1993, and we all know what happened after that, which is a reason why US news hasn't been broadcasting it immediately, they say.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:23 AM   #12
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

If you dont have the stomach for war, then dont have one
Man, I'm gonna have to start calling you Bullchit, since that's all you ever spew. It is one thing to do what needs to be done in a war, but it's quite another to revel in the slaughter of others. Dragging corpses through the streets and hanging them on a bridge for all to see is NOT warfare, it's fucking sick.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:27 AM   #13
Chiteng
Supporter

I really dont give a crap what you think about it Wildane.

I think we should round up 400 Iraqi nationals and broadcast that they will all be executed at dawn, if the perpetrators of this incident are not turn in.

And if they are not turned in...KILL THEM.

THAT is war, Wildane. If you dont know that, why dont you go enlist?
You will learn.

I did =/

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 03-31-2004, 09:33 AM   #14
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

They should have nuked the fucking place and turned it into a glass parking lot. Should have done Afghanistan the same way.

As for civilian casulties, that's what these people were. Whomever did this should be made to pay.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:34 AM   #15
Itlum

Reprisals WOULD work. But you wont see any. The USA is too pussy for the true nature of war
Well, actually, the reason we won't get down and dirty and take retribution for this is that we are the most powerful country in the world. The rest of the world hates us, at least the vast majority of it, and most of our allies side with us because they have no other choice. The closest thing to a superpower after us is communist China, and most of our allies are unwilling to take that leap. Yes, we've done wonderful things for countries in trouble, and no, its not fair that those countries hate us more for it, but the world isn't fair. Nobody ever said it was.

The fact is, people hate us because we have all the power and all the money and as our presidents have shown, we're largely not afraid to use it to push other countries around to our point of view. The moment we start doing stuff like punishing the people in Iraq for doing those things, other countries who hate and fear us will only get worse. The fear will be presented that maybe they're next. Fear does wonderful things to a mob mentallity...namely, it makes the mob lash out at the thing it is afraid of, in this case us.

And so, we have to sit and take it, in the interest of keeping the level of fear and hate as low as can be. Eventually, it will get to the boiling point and we'll have a real world war on our hands, but there's no reason to rush that.
Itlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:39 AM   #16
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
Originally Posted by Chiteng
I really dont give a crap what you think about it Wildane.

I think we should round up 400 Iraqi nationals and broadcast that they will all be executed at dawn, if the perpetrators of this incident are not turn in.

And if they are not turned in...KILL THEM.

THAT is war, Wildane. If you dont know that, why dont you go enlist?
You will learn.

I did =/
Ever read Sun Tzu's Art of War, Chiteng?
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:41 AM   #17
Chiteng
Supporter

Then we will lose. Because we are facing an enemy that IS willing to get down and dirty.

War is the application of force, for political end. To use restraint, in that application, simply emboldens the enemy.

Yes we should have used Nukes. Cheaper, and no occupation force needed afterwards. I did say that, AT THE TIME. But no one was listening.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-31-2004, 09:43 AM   #18
Chiteng
Supporter

Yes, I have. I have also read 'On War', have you?

Sun Tzu wanted to conquer and assimilate. that requires different tactics.
Sun Tzu wanted to make the conquered enemy his new subjects.
We dont.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-31-2004, 09:44 AM   #19
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
Von Clausewitz was good. I liked Sun Tzu's elementary approach personally

Maybe the problem here is we are not trying to conquer.
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:53 AM   #20
Chiteng
Supporter

Exactly, they are simply waiting for us to go home.
And eventually we will.

I would love to see just ONCE, we give creeps like this the back or our hand.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-31-2004, 11:08 AM   #21
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Unfortunately, I do not believe that this will be an isolated incident. Given the opportunity, the same thing will happen again. What will President Bush do when the bodies being dragged around in the street and strung up from a bridge are American Soldiers?
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:20 AM   #22
Nuzum

Umm, you all missed the most interesting part.

The 82nd airborne is being replaced by the marines. This clearly indicates that the pentagon has one motherfucking huge ass combat scenario in mind. Marines are not an occupation force, not even trained to occupy shit, blow it up kill the fuckers and leave, the army is intended as an occupation force. Them damn towleheads have fucked with us one too many times.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:20 AM   #23
Chiteng
Supporter

Unfortunately, I do not believe that this will be an isolated incident. Given the opportunity, the same thing will happen again. What will President Bush do when the bodies being dragged around in the street and strung up from a bridge are American Soldiers?

The man knows NOTHING of actual combat.
How much of a pussy do you think he is?

At a guess, he will find a way to pull out.
He should NOT have gone in.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-31-2004, 11:22 AM   #24
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
What will President Bush do when the bodies being dragged around in the street and strung up from a bridge are American Soldiers?
I'm hoping he won't do the same thing a previous president did.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:28 AM   #25
ShardmoonVer.1

How much money does a job have to pay to get some one to take these kinds of risk?

I have always been uncomfortable with the idea of civilian contractors in a war zone and its for exactly this reason.