Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2004, 12:34 PM   #26
Chiteng
Supporter

Your analogy falls flat. I would judge the new neighbor by his actions.
I would NOT seek a scapegoat. And I would immedietly divorce the wife.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:36 PM   #27
Chiteng
Supporter

Are you formally denying that he claimed that his 'tax cut' would create
2.6 million jobs? I would like that as a clear and unambiguous statement.
Because you see, I like nothing better than to prove people who love the Prez, wrong. But you have not walked out on that limb yet.
I will cite, after you commit yourself, and cant escape.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 03-30-2004, 12:39 PM   #28
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Well, I don't have the oval office bugged either, but sure, I formally deny he promised he would create 2.6 million jobs.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:41 PM   #29
Chiteng
Supporter

That word 'promised' allows you to escape.
I said 'claimed' you want to try again?

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-30-2004, 12:42 PM   #30
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Your analogy falls flat. I would judge the new neighbor by his actions.
So knowing that Clinton fucked the economy in the last 2 years of his presidency, you willingly admit to blaming Bush for this. You are an absolute work of fucking art Chiteng. My hats off to you brother...I couldn't say any of that and keep a straight face, nor would I be able to sleep at night.

You have beaten me here. Not with logic or facts...I just can't argue with, or overcome the sheer stupidity of what you are saying.

you win.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:44 PM   #31
Chiteng
Supporter

Happily, I dont see that Clintin did what you claim. So I face no such problem.
You see Clinton is NOT the Prez. Bush is. Clinton is NOT important.
Bush IS.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-30-2004, 01:00 PM   #32
Wildane

You see, I KNEW you wouldn't be able to produce anything tangible. And for the record, here is your original statement:
Originally Posted by Chiteng
Where are those 2.6 million jobs he promised us 'if' we would just give him his tax-cut again?
Now, put up or shut up.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-30-2004, 01:02 PM   #33
Chiteng
Supporter

I am waiting to hear you say that Bush never claimed his tax cut would create
2.6 million jobs.

Still waiting.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-30-2004, 01:03 PM   #34
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by The Washington Post
The credibility of Bush's economic and budget forecasts has been attacked by Democratic presidential candidates and independent economists alike. Bush earlier this month backed away from the forecasts of his own Council of Economic Advisers, which had projected that the number of payroll jobs this year would be an average of 2.6 million higher than last year's -- an improbable figure, given the sluggish job market.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Feb27.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4332721/

Another interesting source of jobs data: http://www.jobwatch.org/

Point of all this: yes indeed, the Bush administration did claim it would be adding 2.6 million jobs this year. You guys should do your homework before ridiculing figures: that's not the first time today I've produced the goods whereas you've simply mouthed off with no backup.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:04 PM   #35
Wildane

Bullshit. You said he promised, I asked you to produce such a promise. Then I stated that you would not produce anything to back up your statement. Looks like I'm right and you're a liar once again, Chit.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:06 PM   #36
Wildane

Bush's council of economic advisors claiming 2.6 million jobs would be produced does NOT equate with Bush promising this many jobs. Now you're trying to railroad the guy for something HE didn't even say.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:08 PM   #37
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

He signed the report Wildane. Don't embarrass yourself here: you're wrong on this.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:17 PM   #38
Wildane

Well, I'm wrong then, although technically I never said there weren't claims of 2.6 million jobs being created. There is a small, yet dramatic difference between taking responibility for the theories of others with a signature and verbally promising something. But still, I admit defeat. To tell you the truth, I just wanted to see how Chiteng would weasel his way out of what he got himself into. He's *never* provided any evidence to support any of his claims, for a number of ridiculous reasons. Just wanted to see what he'd say next

Old 03-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #39
Chiteng
Supporter

All I see is you claiming I am a liar. I dont have to site anything, until you go out on the limb. Which you obviously dont intend to do.

Besides, we all remember what the Prez actually said. He IS vulnerable
on this issue. How do you defeat an opponent? You hit him where he is weak.
Get used to seeing the issue brought up.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-30-2004, 01:20 PM   #40
Wildane

Chiteng, I am man enough to admit when I am wrong, why can't you? You stated that he promised something and I asked that you produce this promise. You then say you never said he promised, so yeah, that makes you a friggin liar, dipshit

Old 03-30-2004, 01:22 PM   #41
Chiteng
Supporter

I used the word 'promised' once and I ALSO used the word 'claimed' once.
In any case, I am not wrong, so I certainly wont 'admit' that I am.
You see I can recall watching the TV and listening to his speeches.
It is sad that you cant.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-30-2004, 01:24 PM   #42
Wildane

What's sad is the way you weasel your way of explaining yourself, Chit. I don't know why I should be surprised by that; you're the master.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:42 PM   #43
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Bush is not to blame for the claims of his advisers? Bullshit! He appoints them, he reviews everything they propose, he has every opportunity to tell them "No, you're wrong". Weaseling out of an absurd prediction by saying "Well Bush didn't say it" is despicable!

And, you're opening up a Pandora's box. The President must be held accountable for the actions of his cabinet, or else he has no responsibility. Other than during live speeches, he has very little to do with making policy. His advisors take care of that work, being the supposed experts they are in their fields, and he makes his decisions based upon their presentations. This is how it has always been, given the sheer scope of the job the President must do; he can't get it all done alone, though he does have the final say.

So quit with the excuses, Wildane, unless you wish to absolve every president, past, present, and former, of blame or credit for every policy ever initiated.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:25 PM   #44
Chiteng
Supporter

In this county in 1999 unemployment in March was 4k
It is currently 25k, of which 6k of that is IT related.

That is a 600% increase. That is massive unemployment.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-30-2004, 07:01 PM   #45
Caelie123

Originally Posted by Chiteng
Even if jobs appeared today, it doesnt excuse Bush's lack of concern over the past 4 years.

It is far far too late. He shoudl have done something at least three years ago.
Chiteng you are too funny sometimes. Several months ago it was "doesn't matter about the war, he's gonna have to do something about unemployment to get my vote".
Now it's, "It's far to late, he should have done something at least three years ago.
Which is it? Only a couple of months ago, he would have to do something to get your vote and 2 months later it's too late.

Admit there is nothing Bush can do right in your book. It's ok...I felt the same way about Clinton. Clinton being a Democrat was enough in my book to vote against him.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:04 PM   #46
Caelie123

Jobs are out there, unemployment is down....move along
Old 03-31-2004, 04:02 AM   #47
Wildane

Settle down, Beavis. The whole railroading post was stupid, I admit. Call it a momentary lapse of reason . The proceeding post was talking about the superficial difference. The number is not a figure he came up with, but yes, he did endorse it, I do understand that part. Or perhaps you missed the post where I already said I was wrong?

Old 03-31-2004, 07:51 AM   #48
Inmountains

Let's see, I live in a small town, less than 1400 people. I drive home, there is a "Help Wanted" sign at the Conoco Station, the Grocery Store, the Liquor Store, the Hardware Store, and we have a new Restaurant opening, The Steamworks, this Friday, with at least 60 New Job Openings, including General Manager, Marketing Director, Brewery Master, and more. My current company, in Durango, Colorado, has an opening for Programmer, Systems Analyst, Channel Program Manager, yada, yada, yada. I just got back from Orange County, California, and the Help Wanted section was many pages long. So my "homey" approach shows strong employment in rural Colorado and well as Urban Los Angeles. You want to work, it is out there. You don't want to work, go on unemployment, get on welfare, and vote for Kerry, I am sure he will LOVE to baby sit you. As for me, my job/career does NOT depend on who is in office, and I will NEVER blame the government if I am sitting on my ass watching TV, playing EQ, and NOT working.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:52 AM   #49
Chiteng
Supporter

So Calie is what? Calling the State liars? Well ok Calie you can call them liars,
but that wont employ 25k people.

You are wrong btw. If Bush was not such a candy ass, and started
killing our real enemies, I might start to like him. But I dont see that happening.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-31-2004, 07:54 AM   #50
Chiteng
Supporter

Hey Innmountains: The world is NOT in Colorado. I pulled those numbers
off the States own site. I also DO have a job. I always have.

Take off the rose colored glasses.

Voltaire

French Priest