Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2004, 04:30 AM   #1
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Default It has begun.

As I stated many weeks back, when the gold plating of John Kerry washed off, and we saw his seedy, waffling, anti-soldier, high tax underbelly this nation would quickly come to it's senses.

It seems it has begun already. This is very grim for you guys on the left..especially this early on don't ya think?

DISCLAIMER: Personally..polls mean shit to me. I'm posting this to get a rise out of the poll hounds here who seem to live and die by them. I don't buy this one way or the other...I think the numbers would probably be much higher in favor of Bush if a real non-biased poll could be conducted..but as long as the media is in place that won't happen.

Here's the link.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ain/index.html

Last edited by Trith; 03-30-2004 at 04:39 AM.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:04 AM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Old 03-30-2004, 05:16 AM   #3
Caelie123

I heard that on the radio this morning Trith. I think they said Bush was showing a 12% lead over Kerry + or - 3% margin.

I still say poll's are deceiving and geographical. They probably did the majority of that latest poll in the South.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:40 AM   #4
Inmountains

Sshhhh, don't wake up Horm, we need to leave the 'left' dumb and asleep!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:44 AM   #5
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Everything in this race points to a close contest. You've got an incumbent who has proven wholly incompetent at stimulating job creation, is leading a highly controversial foreign policy campaign, and who has failed to nail his public enemy number one- OBL- in over 2 years of trying. Then you've got a challenger who is being covered in the "elitist Massachusetts Liberal" label (small aside: it's amazing how whenever he's spoken of in more conservative media he's referred to as the senator from Massachusetts- which is of course what he is- but they insist on emphasizing that point moreso than they would if he was the senator from Ohio, for example), has the interesting duality of being a decorated war hero and a grass roots war protester, and who is getting (or being given) a reputation as someone who tries to play both sides on some issues.

I maintain that this race will be decided by about 5 percentage points. The winner will likely not have more than 50% of the popular vote. The country is hugely divided- in my opinion in great part due to the policies and practice of the current administration- and the vote will show this. I'm not going to say that current polls don't matter, but it's March. Trith's glib little attempt at stirring the pot is no more relevant than the polls earlier indicating Kerry holding a 5-10pt lead. Show me a sustained differential over the course of several weeks and I'll raise an eyebrow, but at the moment I'm still
Old 03-30-2004, 06:56 AM   #6
Trith

has the interesting duality of being a decorated war hero and a grass roots war protester, and who is getting (or being given) a reputation as someone who tries to play both sides on some issues.
That's a nice way to spray perfume on a turd Horm...you should have admitted the truth there and said "decorated war hero, who proceeded to come home and shit on the memory of his fallen brothers in combat by tag teaming with Jane Fonda..."

I'm just watching as chuckling as John Kerry unravels before the eyes of the nation...I just didn't expect it to happen this soon.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:04 AM   #7
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

"tag teaming"? Offering any proof of this or do you seriously expect me to accept that because they were photographed at the same anti-war rally that they were best buds? Read up spin master.

Hell, your fellow cons even mass-released a doctored photo of Kerry/Fonda in order to fuel this hoax even more.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:11 AM   #8
Trith

The doctored photo was cute..and I laughed about it when it came out several weeks ago. The real one from the CNN link should make every Vietnam war vet want to put a bullet in Kerry. The fact that he attended a rally of any type with a know traitor is enough alone to make his post-war actions deplorable. Kerry dishonored himself to the lowest degree by his post war behavior...he should have been stripped of his medals and deported to China as far as I'm concerned...with Hanoi Jane strapped to his ass.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:16 AM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Yeah, a decorated war veteran shouldn't have the right to protest against what he, and millions of others, saw as an unjust, unwise war. And the most egregious thing Jane Fonda did happened way **after** this rally. Read the article Trith- they had only a very loose association, one that didn't at all involve her later transgressions behind enemy lines. Keep spinning though- it's fun to watch you try to wade out of the bullshit and lies you've piled up to your neck.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:21 AM   #10
Trith

What lies? It's a known fact Kerry associated himself with a Communist sympathizer. The only one here trying to pull his candidate out of the mound of shit he has fallen in is you...

You can't undo Kerry's past Horm...sorry. It's already started to come back to haunt him..just give it a little more time and you will find out just how much the nation hates those who dishonor the memory of their fellow soldiers.

Your problem is you hate to see the truth come out about him, because as I said before..it's just a start for the gradual unraveling of any hopes you guys had for '04. Why prolong the inevitable?
Old 03-30-2004, 07:43 AM   #11
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Trith- I'm not trying to undo his past as a war protester: in fact I commend him for both serving his country when called to do so, and for having the courage to stand up and protest the war when he saw it was wrong. You cons and your insistence that dissent is somehow unpatriotic is just so far out of whack with the ideals this nation was formed under that I wonder sometimes if you know what country you're living in. And if you're relying on Kerry's history as an anti-war figure to win the election then the right is worse off than I thought.

It's an interesting psychological tact you've taken- not an original one of course but one also being used by the right wing spinmasters on the airwaves- trying to convince the Democrats that it's futile to resist. That defeat and another 4 years of MonkeyBoy is inevitable. That we should just save ourselves the trip to the polls this November. Nice try you master manipulator you What you don't see, with your party-issued blinders strapped to your head, is that there is a huge resistance to a continued Bush administration. So keep spinning, even after we show you to be the 2-bit illusionist whose trick has been blown.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:47 AM   #12
Trith

I'm not trying to convice anyone Horm..I will let the electorate convince you in November. I just hope this time you guys show a little more tact and accept defeat gracefully instead of pulling the shit you guys did in Florida in 2000. No one likes a sore loser.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:48 AM   #13
Itlum

...Why does it matter whether he supported the war or not?

He fought in it. More importantly, he chose to fight in it, to do what he felt was his job for the country. I am certain there are soldiers who went to Iraq or to Afghanistan who didn't support the notion of being there. Does that make their efforts worthless? I would love to see you tell them that to their faces, especially the ones who have been injured.

My father didn't support the Vietnam war, but he signed up, willingly, to the Navy. He was shot, he watched friends die right in front of him, torn to a bloody pulp by gun fire. He has nightmares every single night about it. And you're saying that because he didn't support the war, the fact that he went there and got scarred FOR LIFE is worthless?

You're lower than dog shit.
Itlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:57 AM   #14
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

This is what I've said all along Trith: come November we will see who is right and who is dead....er, pissed. (/nods to the Princess Bride)
Old 03-30-2004, 08:01 AM   #15
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

There is no need to rely solely on his 'anti-war' record. His record in the Senate is more than enough to do the job.

'I actually voted for the $87 Billion...before I voted against it' - John F'in Kerry

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:07 AM   #16
Trith

My father didn't support the Vietnam war, but he signed up, willingly, to the Navy. He was shot, he watched friends die right in front of him, torn to a bloody pulp by gun fire. He has nightmares every single night about it. And you're saying that because he didn't support the war, the fact that he went there and got scarred FOR LIFE is worthless?
I hope you father isn't lying to himself then about what Kerry did after his tour. He came home, he associated himself with a movement that supported the very people trying to kill your father. Does this sound even remotely OK to you? If it does, you are more fucked in the head than your post leads me to believe.

My father put his time in Vietnam as well..mortar soldier..army. He hates what Kerry stands for and you want to know why..because he understands, and isn't so politically brainwashed that he can forgive his atrocious behavior after the war.

Taking a bullet for your country is an honorable thing. Your father is owed a debt by this nation. I can only assume he did the right thing and came home and did not piss on the memory of those who died in the war after his tour, like Kerry did.

Your unwillingess to address the reality of Kerry's actions afterwards is more offensive than my pointing them out could ever be.

You're lower than dog shit
I will take that as a complete compliment coming from someone who is so blatantly clueless as yourself.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:25 AM   #17
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Originally Posted by Itlum
My father also served in 'Nam. He was a radio operator. He did not support the war either. But he was still spit upon and called baby killer upon his return.

There is a differant in protesting, of which I am all for. And doing what John F'in Kerry, and others, did. He attacked the troops still over in 'Nam fighting. He was apart of a meeting where LIES about atrocities were told and splattered all over the news. And then turned around and told those lies to the US Senate.

There is a differance. Hope you are clear that I do not condemn him for protesting, but for his other actions.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:31 AM   #18
Caelie123

...Why does it matter whether he supported the war or not?
It matters because when the 2004 election rolls around, we'll still be in Iraq and more than likely going strong with the war on terrorism.
For the anti-war folks, it doesn't matter at all. It's actually a plus that Kerry protested the Vietnam war.
For the pro-war folks like me and Trith, it matters alot. I believe in a strong military and I surely don't want the leader of our country to be one who's views side with an anti-war protester.
To answer your question, it only matters depending which side of the coin you're on. Pro-War or Anti-War.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:48 AM   #19
Jelceie

Originally Posted by Trith
a complete compliment
As opposed to an... incomplete compliment?
Who deliver a kick which could shatter bones
Into the crotch of Indiana Jones
Who fell over on the ground, writhing in pain
As Batman changed back into Bruce Wayne
But Chuck saw through his clever disguise
And he crushed Batman's head in between his thighs"
Lemon Demon - USoUD
Jelceie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:10 AM   #20
Trith

Yeah..incomplete would have just been "shit"..I warranted "dog shit".
Old 03-30-2004, 09:23 AM   #21
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Funny that you describe yourself as pro-war Caelie. I'd think we'd all want to be anti-war, and that war is simply an unfortunate necessity at times. But I'm more inclined to think that you are, in fact, pro-war and enjoy the US military out seeking conquest in the name of King George. How much blood to quench your thirst I wonder?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:39 AM   #22
Trith

How much blood to quench your thirst I wonder?
All of Al Qaeda's and about 90% of Saddam Hussein's regime should be enough. Oh and let's toss in about 70 or 80% of Hamas for shits and giggles too.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:51 AM   #23
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Gonna have to filter out the blood of about 10k Iraqi civilians though aren't you? I'm no expert on liquor distillation but I think that would be hard to do...
Old 03-30-2004, 10:16 AM   #24
Trith

10k sounds extremely bloated. You have proof that 10k non-bathist, Iraqi civilians were killed as a direct result of American military action? If so please link it. I would think 1k collateral damage was a more realistic number.

I'm going to have to ask you to disallow all the crying old Iraqi women who say "Akmed was a good boy, he never hurt anyone, and now he is dead because of an American bomb."..while Akmed lies dead on the ground with an AK-47 in his hand and a car bomb in his trunk..
Old 03-30-2004, 10:35 AM   #25
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Exact numbers are hard to come by of course, but this site's methodology seemed sound: http://www.iraqbodycount.net/bodycount.htm . Left wing bent and Iraqi-loyalties as I see it though.

others:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0522/p01s02-woiq.html
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...man.rights.ap/

Most reputable sources cite ~3200 during the "major combat operations" phase of the war.

In short, 10k is at the higher end of estimates, but it's not at all an outlier- 1k is ridiculously offbase.