Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2004, 02:44 AM   #26
Kerryn

Female genitalia is not to be mutilated.

It is to be cherished, loved, caressed, kissed.

Male genitalia is to be mangled and squashed. But not mine, all other men's except mine. Mine is also to be cherished, loved...you get the picture.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:50 AM   #27
Caelie123

Originally Posted by Vireil
Is it still illegal to buy beer on Sunday in Georgia too?
Yep, it's still illegal (:
That surprises me about Louisiana. I thought you could buy beer, wine and liquor 7 days a week, 24 hours a day in Louisiana.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:53 AM   #28
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

You wanna know a really odd blue law, head to Starkville, MS. You can't buy cold beer anywhere. They figure they can cut the DWI rate since most people will want to go home and refrigerate their beer before drinking. Since it is a college town (go Dawgs!), I don't guess it's that bad an idea.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:27 AM   #29
GraemeFaelban

Send a message via AIM to GraemeFaelban
Likely the law would get overturned as unconstitutional anyway. I have no problems with banning the practice of "female circumcision", but, what an adult decides to do or have done to him or her self volluntarily is their own damned business.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:47 AM   #30
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

You'd like to think it'd be overturned, but it was only *very* recently that they allowed tattoo parlors in my home state (Massachusetts). Even up here in the so-called liberal northeast there's plenty of outdated puritanism left. Hell, only this year did non-Holiday Sunday liquor sales get the go-ahead finally.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:51 AM   #31
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
I don't know about Georgia, but it is illegal to sell alcohol on Sundays in Louisiana
Wrong chief...that law went bye bye 10 years ago. It was left up to the individual parishes..and almost all have done away with it.

For example, in Louisiana, its illegal to have sex in any position except missionary
Wrong again. That law was struck down and done away with several years back as well...and was never enforced to begin with. Kinda like the one in Nevada that makes it illegal to ride a camel on the interstate.

It isn't surprising that these laws exist in bible belt states. Any state where your religious zealots outnumber your normal people, laws like this are guaranteed to exist.
Wow Itlum..you are on a roll. Not only did you manage to get your whole post shot down you also made yourself look like a bigotted asshole too. Grats to you, you can now join an elite few here that we commonly refer to as the 'tards. Oh and BTW..I live in Louisiana..I know it's laws.

That surprises me about Louisiana. I thought you could buy beer, wine and liquor 7 days a week, 24 hours a day in Louisiana.
You can in most Parishes. Only a select few have laws against it, and they still usually allow at least beer sales on Sunday.

Last edited by Trith; 03-30-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:03 PM   #32
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Trith
you also made yourself look like a bigotted asshole too. Grats to you, you can now join an elite few here that we commonly refer to as the 'tards.
Congrats on your induction into the ConCabal I guess Itlum!!
Old 03-30-2004, 02:30 PM   #33
Itlum

You know, that's amusing, having lived and worked in Louisiana myself about 4 years ago. Granted, four years is a long time, as far as laws are concerned... When did they repeal the laws? I know that when I worked there I couldn't buy any alcohol on a Sunday and all bars were closed on Sundays. I always thought it odd that those laws were in place, and yet they had drive-through liquor stores.

As for me being a 'tard....couldn't you think up a better insult? I mean...'tard is so...so...grade school.

As to my comment about religious zealots and laws that follow that general motif...let's have a look, shall we?

Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
This is a law in Alabama. Dominoes. I played that when I was ten. Good thing I never lived in Alabama, I would've been locked up!

It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
While i can see the logic behind it, I wonder why those in Alabama felt the specific need to make a law about it.

Every citizen is obliged to carry his gun to church.
South Carolina is a very militant state /nod. Every churchgoer should carry a gun, and God knows why (no, seriously, he does, that's why they have to take their gun to church)

In Nicholas County, no clergy members may tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during church services.
Woe be to ye, West Virginia clergymen. God hates comedians.

As to being a bigot...not exactly. I enjoy hearing the opinions of everyone so long as they aren't crammed down my throat or presented in a rude manner. I don't hate any group of people, nor do I hate any single person. The stereotyping contained in my post is founded on a certain fact. All of the laws above concern matters of religious import, and all of them are found in bible belt states. Are you telling me that athiests pushed to have them written in to the books? While strange and seemingly nonsensical laws do exist in every state, those laws which tend toward only applying on Sundays, or only apply to matters of the church, trend specifically toward the Bible Belt states. I'm not saying this is universally true, only that it is a trend.

Thank you for pushing your assumptions on me, and for insulting me. I have yet to see my post getting shot down. What I see is a person trying desparately to call me out. I have evidence and experience. You have experience. Show me your evidence please.
Itlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:17 PM   #34
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Thank you for pushing your assumptions on me
In typical AUA fashion the pot has once again met the kettle.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:27 PM   #35
Deadscale

Men might have taken clit piercing away women, but a woman took a man's balls

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...dunk_contest_2

I thought it was pretty cool hearing that. Then reading one of the yahoo message boards, another athlete (male) made a nice eh, observation or whatever you want to call it. Not saying that women cannot excel at things better than men.

C'mon, did you see her "winning" dunk? Do you actually believe that she dunked better than five guys through two or three rounds? And please don't say I'm being sexist, I am a black male, but she was not the best dunker(and I KNOW that without even seeing the others). Many women can outrun and jump me now and many women beat men in marathons, hoops, golf, etc. However, I can guarantee that when you get the ELITE in both sexes, the BEST men or boys, will beat the BEST women or girls in feats of PURE ATHLETICISM (e.g., running and jumping as high as you can).
For example, the women's world record in the 100 meters is 10.49 seconds and NO OTHER WOMAN has gone under 10.65 seconds. That time will not qualify for the top ten HIGHSCHOOL boys times in the hundred. Ditto for the 200 and 400 meter races or the long jump, high jump, triple jump, etc (again, those most based on PURE athleticism). Unfortunately some people found the idea of Parker dunking to be so astounding they felt it was okay to inflate her scores. THAT is sad.