Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2004, 01:14 PM   #51
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
No, I assure you it was not a lie Zelg. While it now appears that I'll be going the MBA route rather than the MPP, I very much do have a long-term interest in policy and am highly interested in pursuing public office at some point later in my career. You of course have nothing but my word to go on, for whatever that's worth to you, so I can't blame you if you don't believe me- I am, after all, only a text-based entity on a video message board. I generally like to keep my real life crap off these boards and in the excitement of that day I slipped a bit. I was rejected at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government if that makes you feel any better My MBA prospects are looking better at this point, would still allow me to pursue politics later in life, and wouldn't require a move from the Boston area, so it appears I'll be headed that way this fall. I don't need to prove myself to you, but I'd rather set the record straight too, hence the explanation.

With regards to my behavior here translating to behavior in real life I'm straining my retinal ligaments rolling my eyes at your presumptions. Yes Zelgadis, I'm fully aware that if I ever win elected office someday and Representative Soandso (R- Wherever) disagrees with him, I can't call him a knuckle-dragging conservatard in the middle of a House session. Thanks for the tip though- you've assured yourself a place on my staff. I'll need a good Secretary of the Obvious. Oh, by the way, if my actions in game are giving you cause to worry also, you should know that I don't walk around the streets of Boston heavily armed and killing animals for their meat and pelts

I still do feel that I owe this board for rekindling my political interests and ambitions, but that doesn't translate into my thinking it to be anything more than what it is- a mouthpiece for, to repeat my earlier phrase, armchair politicians. I maintain that we do discuss important issues here, I maintain that the opposition on this board has shown me that there are millions of people in this country with ideas and ideals that run directly counter to what I feel is right- hence my desire to have someone like me in political power rather than the Chukzombi's, Caelie's and Trith's of the world. My point, over and over on this thread, is that this board is entertainment. I may fling poop, at times more than the next guy, but I am on-topic at least as often as anyone on these boards, and also substantiate my views with facts as often.

Again, I come to these boards for fun, for banter, and because I lack the self-control necessary to turn the other way when I see people touting the sort of ideas that the likes of Trith et al do When this board and my activity on it cease to be fun for me, then I'm gone- much like my attitude about Everquest itself. I'd say that's true for anyone here: Lurikeen no longer enjoyed AUA/SV and left. I'm sure I'll do the same some day, but for now you are stuck with me unless you choose to implement the readily available ignore user functionality.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:29 PM   #52
Zelgadis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,693
Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Well just remember that you were one of the pieces that contributed to Lurikeen's desire to leave. It's kind of cold if you don't care enough to rethink what you're doing, especially since you two generally shared the same ideals. I really don't understand why you'd think that I'd be laughing my ass off at anything anyone was rejected from, because obviously if you apply for something it's something you in some way want to do and get into. You'll probably find something by searching the message board of me laughing my ass off at someone on the message board for being rejected, though.

You probably don't understand why I'm trying to sympathize with you. I'll let you know straight out that I do think that you, Ulujain, Lurikeen, and many others are very smart when it comes to real life situations and what not, and I try to look up to things that you post around here when they're positive, unflamatory against others. I'm sure that a lot of flaming jerks on the Emarr boards can be or really are smart in reality, so I try to let them realize that it's easier to be seen that way when they're not flamers if they seem so stubborn.
__________________
Chamzel's Site
PSN Name - Cham-Zel

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:35 PM   #53
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by Maximus
It's only a few people who really start the personal insults. Poor Caelie123 gets most of the personal insults.
There's only two people that stand out in my mind that can't reply without insulting and that's Lurikeen and Hormadrune. Bumbleroot will sling an insult on occasion when you really ruffle his feathers about something. Hormadrune does it because he thinks it's cute and can't stand Conservatives, especially Conservative Southerners.
I don't know about others, but I pretty much skip over Hormadrune's post. I actually do come here to talk about what's going on in America and abroad. Hormadrune said himself he flings poop because it's a message board and it's entertainment. He says he doesn't take this message board seriously and other's shouldn't either. That shows me right there that you don't really know if he actually cares about the things he post or if this is a place where he can act a fool.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:57 PM   #54
Maximus Faticus
Registered User
 
Maximus Faticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,291
It's probably a combination of both.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:29 PM   #55
Eglath Astaldo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 530
Send a message via ICQ to Eglath Astaldo
Default Uh..

As childish as Horm may or may not be.... how can Trith say that Horm has proven Wildane's point that Horm uses insults right after Wildane posts "don't expect you to understand...you rarely do." Thats an insult and serves no other purpose then to aggravate. As a semi-neutral observer who chooses not to take a political side, seems like the pot calling the kettle to me, and it seems like Trith just isn't reading at all....
__________________
Defender Eglath Astaldo
Lord Protector of Mithaniel
Defender of the Phoenix Flame
Eglath Astaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:46 PM   #56
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Zelgadis
Well just remember that you were one of the pieces that contributed to Lurikeen's desire to leave.
I'm fairly certain that my conduct had little to nothing to do with Lurikeen's retirement from AUA/SV- only he could say for sure. I agreed with Lurikeen far more often than not and greatly enjoyed him posting here, if for no other reason than he was another well-reasoned, intelligent, and equally irreverant liberal voice amidst the noxious cacophony of the conservatives here. Let's face facts- there seem to be far more outspoken conservatives on these boards than liberals or moderates. Some of you would twist that into meaning that the cons are more in line with what America wants or needs, but I think it's got far more to do with the unfortunate coincidence that EMarr has more than its fair share of loudmouthed neocons. Personally, I'll miss Lurikeen's contributions.

Caelie- if you didn't spew such banal ignorance all the time I wouldn't need to insult you. Don't shoot the messenger, sister
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #57
Zelgadis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,693
Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Read this part of Lurikeen's post carefully.

There is no longer intellectual debate! There is no one actually providing reasons for one particular belief over another!

Most of what is poseted now is nothing more than flames!
How can you say that you had little to nothing to do with Lurikeen's "retirement" when you're here saying that all you want to do and like to do is flame and mess with everyone else (in a negative fashion) just by this quote? It doesn't matter if you do agree with him half the time or most the time or not. The matter still resides that you are part of that conflict that resulted in threads degenerating from good debates into flames. You can't deny it because you are here posting openly admiting that you're here just to cause, spark, and continue trouble.
__________________
Chamzel's Site
PSN Name - Cham-Zel

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:49 PM   #58
Maximus Faticus
Registered User
 
Maximus Faticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,291
A recent gallop poll estimated that 31% of Americans are conservative, 24% libertarian, 17% populist, and 17% liberal.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:47 PM   #59
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
I'm fairly certain that my conduct had little to nothing to do with Lurikeen's retirement from AUA/SV- only he could say for sure. I agreed with Lurikeen far more often than not and greatly enjoyed him posting here, if for no other reason than he was another well-reasoned, intelligent, and equally irreverant liberal voice amidst the noxious cacophony of the conservatives here.
I'm fairly certain that Hormadrune's conduct had nothing to do with Lurikeen's leaving. They were a tag team. For awhile there they pretty much high fived each other after each others post.
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Let's face facts- there seem to be far more outspoken conservatives on these boards than liberals or moderates.
Nothing wrong with being outspoken on either side. I respect people that are outspoken. It's the fact that you two couldn't reply to a post without using the word Idiot or Retard. Never understood that.
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Caelie- if you didn't spew such banal ignorance all the time I wouldn't need to insult you. Don't shoot the messenger, sister
Banal Ignorance? Because I speak in common tongue vs one like you that feels the need to use the thesaurus? Is that what you consider ignorance? Because I share the views of other conservatives, you want to call that ignorance? I will never share the views of liberals such as yourself and if that constitutes insults from you so be it.
I live in the real world Hormadrune. In the real world people just talk and discuss. You don't impress me at all and never have. I view you as a child trying to live in a grown up world with no people skills at all. You're still wet behind the ears and don't have a clue of what lies ahead other than what you pull up on the internet. You'll more than likely learn the hard way like most of us that without people skills a person is nothing. You can try to fool us and fool yourself that you only act the way you do here because it's a message board. I can't help but believe that you're rude and disrespectful in RL just as you are here.

Don't take the above as an insult. I didn't use the words idiot or retard or some of your more infamous words. I raised two boys and one was much like you at one time. He grew up, realized that a hard head made for a sore ass and has actually turned into a decent human being
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:55 PM   #60
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Caelie, I've heard a bit about how you raised your kids and what you've taught them. Believe me when I say I think I'm better off the way I am

Banal Ignorance? Because I speak in common tongue vs one like you that feels the need to use the thesaurus?
Heh, it's got nothing to do with your vocabulary (nor do I think I am a big user of "big fancy words," though apparently my use of language intimidates you- I have no idea why), and everything to do with the message behind them- one of intolerance.

You don't impress me at all and never have.
I'm crushed Caelie, sorry if this screws with your sense of self-worth, but I'm not trying to impress you- or anyone for that matter- on these boards. I'm here because I enjoy it- moreso at times than others.

I view you as a child trying to live in a grown up world with no people skills at all. You're still wet behind the ears and don't have a clue of what lies ahead other than what you pull up on the internet. You'll more than likely learn the hard way like most of us that without people skills a person is nothing.
Ah yes, the "I'm older than you so I must know better" line of argument. Truly a useful tool in the arsenal of those without a real point to make. What's truly remarkable here is being lectured by a hardened bigot about people skills- that someone like you would have the audacity to call anyone to task on people skills is beyond hilarious.

Thanks for the life tips though. I'll file them in my "As if I gave a rat's ass" pile of useless advice from people who don't matter.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:06 PM   #61
Lith Ahntalon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: GA
Posts: 1,193
Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Short vesrsion of Hormadrune's posts in this thread: I like this board because it lets me get out of the castle and get dirty with the peasants.


With the above said, I always liked Lurikeen even though we pretty much never saw eye to eye on ANYTHING. Insults thrown between us were few and far between and usually in a lighthearted way. Started readin this board again a couple weeks ago and I think the barring yesterday the last time I posted here it was still "America Under Attack"


Lurikeen, if you read this, if I am ever in Seattle or you are here in Georgia, I am buying and lets talk brother.
__________________
Right mind, right action.
Lith Ahntalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:35 AM   #62
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
how can Trith say that Horm has proven Wildane's point that Horm uses insults right after Wildane posts "don't expect you to understand...you rarely do."
Possibly because, as I've already stated, that isn't my entire point. I'm not going to lie and say that I haven't called anyone names on this forum (although I'm rarely the first to do so), but I am perfectly capable of having a heated discussion without resorting to personal attacks and/or condescending remarks. Hormadrune is not. And, as he's already stated, he gets his kicks doing so. How anyone can think of themself as an intellectual with such juvenile behavior is beyond me.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:23 AM   #63
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
how can Trith say that Horm has proven Wildane's point
Because he did, that's how I can say it.

and it seems like Trith just isn't reading at all
Funny..when it seems sometimes I'm the only one who is reading.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:40 AM   #64
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Caelie, I've heard a bit about how you raised your kids and what you've taught them. Believe me when I say I think I'm better off the way I am
Yes, coming from a liberal such as yourself, one being raised to uphold the moral fiber of this country would be something you find to be a negative.
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Heh, it's got nothing to do with your vocabulary (nor do I think I am a big user of "big fancy words," though apparently my use of language intimidates you- I have no idea why), and everything to do with the message behind them- one of intolerance.
Don't kid yourself. Nothing about you intimidates me. Like I said before it doesn't take a rocket scientest to use a thesaurus.
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Ah yes, the "I'm older than you so I must know better" line of argument. Truly a useful tool in the arsenal of those without a real point to make. What's truly remarkable here is being lectured by a hardened bigot about people skills- that someone like you would have the audacity to call anyone to task on people skills is beyond hilarious.
I have very good people skills thank you. It is true that I am somewhat biggoted against people like you though. I call your type rebellious shit stirrers. The type that would like to see a Great Country with good morals go to hell in a handbasket because of the way you interpret the Constitution.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:55 AM   #65
Inmountains
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,501
Hey Hormadrune, if you ever do get elected to public office, I only ask for one favor. Please out law all smoking except in Private Residences. My right to tobacco smoke free air is HIGHER than your right to smoke, especially since I consider it "assault and battery"!!!

I enjoy the debate here, and almost everyone has contributed at some point or other on this Steam Vent. Sadly, the month prior to Lurikeen leaving, I noticed a big change in his posts, he ceased to debate and almost always flamed. So the reason for his departure is mostly of his own making.

One thing that everyone here needs to consider, almost every one of us feels strongly that we are right, morally, ethically, philosophically, etc... Unlike Horma, I don't mind sharing some of my "personal life", I think it makes me appear more "real", and that I am not trying to hide behind typed words on a computer screen. I struggle raising three children by myself. I have hit rock bottom and am climbing back up now. I am passionate about life, and passionate about being a daddy. I am also passionate about my faith and my political bent. I also like to "fling poop" from time to time on here, sometimes just to pull someones chain. This board is part fun and part polictical debate.

Here are a few questions, I would like to pose to both sides:
Big Government or Small Government?
Highes Taxes or Lower Taxes?
Is the Government too intrusive at the present moment?
In your day to day life, how much does the government interfere?
Can 'rights' be prioritized?
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:32 AM   #66
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by IM
Big Government or Small Government?
As small a government as can provide the necessary public services (including social services, defense etc...)
Highes Taxes or Lower Taxes?
As low taxes as can sustain the above sized government.
Is the Government too intrusive at the present moment?
I haven't noticed them prying into my personal records- then again if they were I presumably wouldn't know it anyway- but they have too much power to be intrusive, as displayed in items like the Patriot Act
In your day to day life, how much does the government interfere?
See above.
Can 'rights' be prioritized?
Yes, in some cases. For instance, a smoker's right to smoke- a leisurely right- ceases when it infringes on my right not to inhale the carcinogens he/she selfishly exhales into a shared atmosphere. Another less contraversial example: the yelling fire in a crowded theater story. One's right to free speech can be limited when it infringes on the safety of others in such an egregious way.

And for the record Inmountains, I most certainly would push anti-smoking legislation if elected. I trust I'll have your vote

Lastly- Caelie- you too readily equate your antiquated hatemongering as "the moral fiber of this country." I'm trying to uphold the constitution in the face of reactionaries like yourself who wouldn't know what a free society was if it kicked them in the face. I'll put my "morals" up against yours every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:33 AM   #67
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by Inmountains
Here are a few questions, I would like to pose to both sides:
Big Government or Small Government?
Highes Taxes or Lower Taxes?
Is the Government too intrusive at the present moment?
In your day to day life, how much does the government interfere?
Can 'rights' be prioritized?
I am all for smaller government, lower taxes, I think the government has become too intrusive at the present moment and in my day to day life I would say the government interferes very little.

Can "rights" be prioritized? Depends on which rights. The courts seem to pick and choose what they want to prioritize. You have one judge that will say the "right to bear arms" is vague but the 1st amendment is crystal clear. Another judge will say the 1st amendment is vague, but the "right to bear arms" is crystal clear. I've come to the conclusion that a persons rights has become a flip of the coin depending on what judge a person gets.

America is a "free" country depending on the judicial systems viewpoint that day.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:06 AM   #68
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
America is a "free" country depending on the judicial systems viewpoint that day.
We are only as free as the judge's political affiliation will allow us to be. I fear liberal judges more than anything else in this nation, because they actively trample on the constitution, my rights, and your rights, so that they can self-legislate new, unfounded, and unwritten additions to the constitution all in the name of "liberalism", special interests, and appeasements.

Take for example the Florida Supreme Court during the 2000 election. They basically tossed out Florida's own constitutional election laws in an attempt to grant Gore endless recounts with no supervision, no set process of measuring votes, and no care for the state's right to Safe Harbor. As we all know the Florida Supreme court is composed of 70% liberal judges. It took the Supreme Court, thankfully, to slap a little sense into them and apparently to teach Florida's Supreme Court what their own state's constitution said or in fact didn't say regarding elections. Sad..very very sad, but this is the kind of agenda the left has been pushing with the juduciary for years...screw the law, screw what the legislature and the majority has set in place...make it up as you go and hope you don't get called to the mat for it.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:12 AM   #69
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
It's so odd how when judges rule in a way that bothers the n3oc0ns it's called "liberal activism" from the judiciary, but when a 5-4 con majority hands an election to a friendly political candidate it's called doing their job.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:32 AM   #70
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
5-4 con majority hands an election to a friendly political candidate it's called doing their job.
That 5-4 decision was the necessary kick in the ass Florida needed to stop the democratic shennanigans of the Gore team and keep the election legal. The only one trying to steal the election in Florida was Gore..that's been well proven by all the recounts AFTER the fact that showed that Bush won EACH AND EVERY TIME...even when conducted by liberal vote counters. Gore knew this..and he figured if he could load the counting process with his "boys" he could pull it off. Thank God for the Supreme Court, and their ability to be a voice of reason in times of pure liberal driven chaos.
You guys can't have everything given to you just because you whine and cry about it Horm..eventually you will learn you have to honor the will of the majority in an electoral process. Frankly..I'm just tired of you guys trying to circumvent the system, and my vote.

I will never forget watching CNN coverage of the recount of the recount of the recount and seeing the three poll workers sitting in a Florida courthouse counting votes. Two were liberal women, and one conservative man...one of the women picked up a ballet..looked at it for 3 seconds and said "Vote for Gore"...she then handed it to the second woman who looked at it for about 2 seconds and said "Vote for Gore"...then the man got it looked at it for 30 seconds...over and over and said "there is no mark..nothing has been punched..there is not even an impression on this..it doesn't look like it's even been in a machine!!" to which the women replied "2-1 vote for Gore..place it on his stack please".

That was the day I truly started to hate you guys on the left more than ever.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:52 AM   #71
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
I'm not looking to debate the issues of the recount here Trith, though I know you get all hard thinking about it- quite honestly I'd rather not indulge your penchant for the topic. The reason I brought it up was your distorted view of the judiciary- not because I want to rehash something we've gone over ad nauseum.

And if the will of the majority was in place in presidential elections just remember who would be in office at the moment, and be careful what you wish for. This is not and has never been a pureplay democracy: deal with it toots.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:08 AM   #72
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!
 
Flub Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Geaux Tigers
Posts: 3,327
The will of the majority of the states, which represent the people, did exactly what our Founding Fathers had intended. The Electoral College is about giving all states, not just the big ones, the chance to have a voice in electing the President. They understood that states with high population centers would have an unfair advantage in deciding who was elected.

That is why they created the Electoral College. So that every state, even the least populace ones, had a say.

(this history lesson was brought to you by your local dairy farmers)
__________________
Dirty Ol' Flub <retired>
My Sports Blog

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:08 AM   #73
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
Long live the vision of the Electoral College.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:16 AM   #74
Inmountains
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,501
I know the 2000 election is way past, but I always got a kick out of a picture I saw in the newspaper. There were FIVE Floridians looking at ONE fooking ballot. The under capture should have read, "How many Floridians does it take to read a ballot? Answer: We don't know, they are all still studying it!"
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:20 AM   #75
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Man you guys are slow today: I'm not here to debate the merits of the electoral college system either. I used it to show that for all your whining like little girls about majority rules this and that, the system that awarded the office of the presidency to someone who lost the popular vote (who was not favored by the majority of the populace) is something you seem to have no problem with given the outcome. How typical
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.