Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2004, 09:27 PM   #1
Lurikeen
Freaky

Default The Vomitorium revisted

I want to revist a theme that Chiteng once introduced. This section of the board has become nothing more than a rat hole!

There is no longer intellectual debate! There is no one actually providing reasons for one particular belief over another!

Most of what is poseted now is nothing more than flames!

I am done with it!

I have found that there are other places, like USENET, that offer more intelligent dialogue than what some here can even pretend to offer!

I bid you all farewell. I will not be back. Night night
Old 03-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #2
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:42 AM   #3
Maximus Faticus

I wonder how much Luri had to drink just before he posted that.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 06:52 AM   #4
Inmountains

On the contrary, may the door turn your buttocks black and blue!!!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 06:54 AM   #5
Caelie123

Damn with Hormadrune a frequent visitor and Lurikeen out who will personally insult the right?
Old 03-27-2004, 07:47 AM   #6
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Time to pick up the slack I guess
Old 03-27-2004, 01:21 PM   #7
Chiteng
Supporter

Depends on what you think an insult is Calie

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 05:58 PM   #8
Alauradana

His mouth was one of the reasons I thought this board stunk and another reason I did not post alot. Cracks me up that he is now trying to take the high road and complain about people, he does not back up his assertions. On my last "debate" with him (if you can call it that because he replies on average twice before he starts insulting you), I asked him two questions which he could not answer. He is one who cannot back the crap he talks about. WOOHOO! It is always like a breath of fresh air when the crap gets cleaned up.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 06:00 PM   #9
Chiteng
Supporter

Lurikeen backs up plenty. You simply dont notice when he does it.
That is your problem not his.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 03-27-2004, 06:55 PM   #10
Caelie123

Originally Posted by Chiteng
Depends on what you think an insult is Calie
I'm sure we all can draw a conclusion at what insults are Chiteng. I said personal insults if I remember correctly Chiteng. You know, the things you didn't care much for either.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:16 PM   #11
Alauradana

Ok Chiteng, go to my posts in the thread "Disarray". I ask him two questions, he comes back with garbage and then I again ask him the same two questions, and as you will notice, he never answers. Don't blankly make a statement about someone that you have no way of knowing to be true.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 04:17 AM   #12
Chiteng
Supporter

I think personal insults are products of a weak mind. I dont use them.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-28-2004, 04:18 AM   #13
Chiteng
Supporter

Not responding to a request/demand is NOT the same as refusing to site.
It could easily be that you irritated him, and thus he was no longer disposed
to argue with him.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-28-2004, 05:50 AM   #14
Maximus Faticus

That's not true because he caim back to insult.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:29 PM   #15
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Irrespective of what opinion we may hold of Lurikeen, I always respected his knack for producing sources and material evidence to back up his posts. Often impressed me.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 03:41 PM   #16
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Fucking awesome...we win!!!!!
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 05:47 PM   #17
kanibaal
korpse

lurikeen couldnt even keep up with the pace he set. better luck next time sucka.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 05:58 PM   #18
Chiteng
Supporter

REally? and what did you win?

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-28-2004, 06:43 PM   #19
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
It's not like Lurikeen didn't degenerate any threads that could have become intelligent debates into wild flames. Kind of find it strange that he's leaving because he doesn't like what this part of the Emarr boards has become by what he and his fellow sided party members have made it.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:58 PM   #20
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Republicans have long made claims of victories that were never theirs. That a wretch like Trith would do so now is no surprise.

And Zelgadis- are you seriously claiming that the left is solely to blame in escalating debates to flames? If so then you really need to call the fire department to remove your bloated head from your ass. And this coming from someone who has made his disaffected apathy with regards to politics clear on more than one occasion. Begone now fence-sitter, you matter not.

Wish I had more time during the day though- without Lurikeen the shitbags on the right will have more or less free reign with a lot of us on the left posting with less frequency. In general I think we've tired of indulging you with the truth. There's only so many times you can tell someone 2+2=4, have them disagree, and find any satisfaction in proving it to them over and over. I suppose you'll eventually tire of digitally fellating each other about how much racial minorities, gay people, poor people, educated people, and other groups different from you rednecks, suck. It might almost be amusing to watch you monkeys fling poop at the walls. If it weren't so sad that is. I suppose in some ways Lurikeen's got the right idea though- it's all been said here a thousand times already- why bother anymore? I don't think I have the self-restraint though, so I won't make any empty promises...
Old 03-28-2004, 08:36 PM   #21
Eglath Astaldo

Send a message via ICQ to Eglath Astaldo
/clap Hormadrune

I don't post here much because I can almost never check back....but Lurikeen seemed to back up almost everything he said, and as far as personal insults....seen a ton from the rightwingers here.
Eglath Astaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #22
Deadscale

Both sides do fling shit around

And why? I guess it's kinda like your favorite baseball team pwning the other and having braggings rights.

-edit, s.o.b! someone beat my chopper challenge record

Last edited by Deadscale; 03-28-2004 at 09:12 PM.
Deadscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #23
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Lurikeen was second only to Bumble in posting Op-Ed and special interest group articles to "back up" his opinions..in reality he contributed very little concrete fact to any of his ideas. I claim victory in the hopes of pissing him off enough to post again to prove that he could not stay away. As far as insults...Hormadrune and Lurikeen had that market cornered by far. Whenever a discussion went a direction they did not like they resorted to petty name calling and slurs to attempt to detract from their very week positions. I'm not sure what board you've been reading Eglath, but it isn't this one if you think it's only the right hurling insults. Just read any of their posts about Caelie, Chuk, Rheaton, etc and you have to go far to see them degenerate into some type of liberal attack lingo that involves the words "redneck" "Fucktard" "homphobe"..etc etc etc..all straight out of their playbook.

In reality I hate to see him go..he was great comedy and it made my day just to know I pissed him off as much as possible.

All of you should know by now..no one wins in AUA...

/mourn Lurikeen.

PS...We still win.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:25 PM   #24
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Trith
"redneck" "Fucktard" "homphobe"
I would much rather be calling you people "intelligent, thoughtful ladies and gentlemen" but the above labels fit you all so much better

I don't deny I fling the insults. At times it may take away from the fact that I'm always right ( ), but it's part of the fun I get from this forum which in my mind has always been equal parts debate team and R&F. If you take it more seriously than that then you're more pathetic than I thought. However, the right is not at all innocent of the name calling etc that you lament so much (oh poor sensitive Neanderthals that you are ). Look at your hillbilly champion Zolmaz after all...

And Trith you sir, win only at licking anus
Old 03-29-2004, 05:28 AM   #25
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Well I went back through a full page of Steamvent/AUA threads and started getting links and comments put down to back my commentary. Read a lot of stuff, and even though I wanted to do a full month's worth of thread checking... I think what I got was enough. Unfortunately they only spanned about a week's time and not an overall long period, for you see, if you check what's happened over a long period of time rather than a short period you'll see more of a variance. Lots of actual debates, not half as many flames as I'd say (or Lurikeen seems to think), and it was hard some times to spot an actual flame. Hell, you could have been flaming each other in "political tongue" and I couldn't catch it. All I looked out for was "Yeah, so and so, you really need to brighten up ya 'tard!" or... something. Lots of over conflicting ideals that go way overboard where they could have stuck around at is what I saw. If politics were anything like what's going on in this portion of the Internet then the country would be run off of "Hey, you don't agree with me! *BANG*" ><

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote