Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 12:19 PM   #1
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Default Oh dear..I think I've caught some rats

In another typical democratic spin and lie campaign. For the past three weeks or so I've herad outrageous claims from the dems on this board about how John Fonda/Kerry was up in the polls by anywhere from 5% to 20%...

Any of you tards care to tell me how you will reconcile this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,115208,00.html

Or will you just cut and run like usual and suddenly claim that polls mean nothing (which I firmly believe myself). If this is true..this is a pretty nasty blow for Kerry because it means he has dropped nearly 15-20% in the last few days..not good at all this early in the race..but then again..you don't believe in polls now do you?
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Speaking for myself I've been saying it's a deadlocked race- which it is. Where's the runaway Bush victory you keep touting though Trith?

This is not Reagan in '84 fellas. Get used to the idea of a close race- your boy is *not* going to coast to victory here.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:42 PM   #3
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Trith, you know as well as anyone that polls are indeed meaningless. I've never put stock in a single one as a 'predictor', no matter who it shows in the lead or by what margin.

It's election season. Opinion will shift this way and that for some time as events develop. Right now, it's shifted slightly towards Bush. Next week it could show Nader in the lead for all I care, because it would mean the same thing as a Kerry lead or Bush lead does: absolutely nothing.

Sure, it reflects current opinion, but the elections aren't being held right now, and that's what matters. Polls before October are just worthless self-gratification for whichever side is in the lead.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:54 PM   #4
Trith

I'm not talking to you two..I'm talking more specifically at Bumble, Lurikeen and few others who have been waving recent polls around the message board like cock-rings saying that Kerry was way far ahead....

But just to make you feel better...fuck off Horm..
Old 03-25-2004, 01:09 PM   #5
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

There you go again hitting on me. I'm sorry Trith, it ain't gonna happen.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:24 PM   #6
Inmountains

As a wise man once said, 40 percent will vote Dem, 40 percent will vote Rep, it's that 20 percent that both parties are going after, it's that 20 percent that change their mind 2,495,825 times before November. (OK, a little exagerration, but you know what I mean).

I never claimed this was a "shoe in" for Bush, I just said he would win. I don't think Kerry has the charisma of a Clinton or Kennedy. It will be an interesting campaign to watch.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:26 PM   #7
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I agree with you there Inmountains- he is not Kennedy or Clinton. He's not making anyone swoon.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:41 PM   #8
ShardmoonVer.1

Its interesting that Bush is starting to gain momentum after the primary season has come to a close. Its even more interesting the shift in numbers once they debate became about Terror. Dick Clark is doing exactly what the Republicans need.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:59 PM   #9
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Dick Clark is doing exactly what the Republicans need.
What, make everybody look 20 years younger?
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:15 PM   #10
bumbleroot

Trith, you know as well as anyone that polls are indeed meaningless.
No they aren't meaningless. They show a moment in time. They exhibit momentum. Bush has a lead with Nader thrown in. However, just like Dean people, I would venture to guess that Naderites will date him and marry Kerry, that is if Nader doesn't endorse Kerry in October. I honestly think that the questions are not broad enough to gauge an accurate pct. for this race. More of a question like- Are you voting for Bush and not changing your mind? and vice versa for Kerry might give a better gauge of the race at this time. The mind changers tell us how many are in the middle right now. Unlike years before the swing voters have made up their minds at a larger pct than in years before this year.
The polls show that the race is back and forth now with some 7 plus months to go. It means that Bush is very vulnerable. He is consistently not polling over 50%. That means that a majority of people do not favor him. That is not victory for an incumbent prez.
IM is exactly right on his posting. The election is the 20% in the middle.

Now Trith, if you wish to believe in polls than your argument is valid. However, if you wish to not believe in polls than why and how can you even challenge other polls. I don't think a poll in March shows the electorate's vote in November. I do think it shows the electorates mood now though. It shows the vulnerability of a candidate.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:33 PM   #11
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Trith
I'm talking more specifically at Bumble, Lurikeen and few others who have been waving recent polls around the message board like cock-rings saying that Kerry was way far ahead....
You aren't prone to exaggeration to suit your own needs are you? Nobody on the boards has stated that Kerry "was way far ahead".

If you want to make a meaningful point, then you are going to have to learn to stop misrepresenting your opposition and proping up "paper tigers" to tear down.

I think both Ares and Bumble have explained the value of polling data accurately. Horm has explained accurately that Bush isn't running away with this election. That has been my point each time I post a poll.

I know it irks you to no end Trith that Kerry can command enough potential votes to make the race close. Get used to it. Kerry isn't spectacular by not stretch of the imagination, but with polls being so close that just means many people don't think to well of Bush and want him gone.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:23 PM   #12
Trith

I think it irks you that he doesn't command enough voters for a guranteed win as the polls appeared to show a few weeks ago.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:01 PM   #13
Siafore

Default Polls ..HAHAHAHAHA!

Polls don't mean anything...just ask the Spanish

Siafore
Siafore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:26 AM   #14
Chiteng
Supporter

I wish Brittany was running. She would at least provide some entertainment.
Hell she might even take her clothes off.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote