Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 11:36 AM   #26
Scalz

So an inconsiderate douchebag such as yourself comes up to the bus stop I'm waiting at and lights up right besides me and *I'm* supposed to move?

Nah its sorry, arrogant cunts like yourself that come up to a smoker, and start pitching a bitch about Non smokers right. Well guess what fuck stick, i have rights to. Dont like it? Move somewhere else. Im sure you wont be missed.

Please define "Big Guy" Horm, because I think of it as "Fat Ass".
Scalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:45 AM   #27
gojirra monk

I think the problem is that you live near rude people, not smoking per se.

If I happen to be smoking outside near other people, and they are not also smoking, I tend to go downwind, just as a courtesy.

As to second hand smoke, I don't think it is something you should seek out, but I think that the estimates of danger are quite overblown. The reason that smoking is so bad for you is that there are lots of unstable chemcicals in the smoke and you draw it directly into your lungs while still heated.

Who here can tell me what happens to heated unstable chemicals while they move through a carbon-rich and oxygen-rich atmosphere?
gojirra monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:48 AM   #28
Caelie123

Originally Posted by Scalz
Yeah I have lots of problems, least of which is wondering when i should and should not light up.
I think now is a good time to go out back and have a smoke.
Originally Posted by Kanibaal
My father got cancer from smoking. Im glad he lived and is healthy now.
I'm glad to hear that he's ok now Kanibaal. Most smokers don't smoke around others Kanibaal. We're mainly bitching about the people that are standing 20 to 50 feet away who complain. Smoke goes up before it gets to them.
Originally Posted by Aluradana
You also risk your cigarette going in someone else's open window, and having that cherry hit some kid in the eye.
Good point you made there. From now on I will wait till I stop at a red light so the wind don't catch it.
Originally Posted by cnjmorris
Knowing what people know about smoking today you have to be a complete ass to smoke
Knowing what people know about obesity today, you have to be a complete ass to allow yourself to become overweight and stay that way.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:55 AM   #29
Deadscale

Normally you see me turning colors when someone is smoking, mainly because I'm holding my breath as I walk by them

Some smokers are very considerate (know someone is going to nit pick that! blah blah they'll send you to your grave looking younger)
by at least "blowing" their smoke in another direction or even offering to put it out.

Even though it is harmful to others (by 2nd hand) smokers aren't violent when smoking. I worry more about people that can't control themselves when drinking. Like any other good turned bad party, some washed out high school linebacker decided to take it upon himself and smack around a random girl Of course he got his ass kicked by me and another guy, but still...

If someone is smoking you can give in and move or just stand there and inhale everything. If it starts raining while you are sitting in the park, you can get up and leave rather than just sit there mumbling to yourself waiting till the rain stops.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:59 AM   #30
Scalz

I think now is a good time to go out back and have a smoke.

As soon as my colleague comes back from lunch Ill be going down 2 floors to smoke in the parking structure, which is outside.

What makes me sick is we have made alot of concessions to non smokers, I go outside to smoke, I put out my butts before I do anything with them, and if im outside in the country I field dress em and take them back. For the most part we understand and are courteous about where we smoke.

Then you get these blow hards like Horm, that says we need to watch where I smoke. Well i do, now I expect you to get on with your own problems and stop worrying about what I am doing.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:16 PM   #31
Heirophantxg80

Default So let me get this straight?

Ok to all you smokers out there who get offended by people who don't wish to be around your highly toxic smoke, and then get offended when they say something or enact laws to protect people from it, lets get some facts STRAIGHT!

-Cigarette smoke carries in it many known carcinogens and other harmful
chemicals.

-Cigarette smoke is rated on par with Benzine and other highly toxic
carcinogens for its drastic effects on the health of people.

-Secondhand smoke is just as toxic, or even moreso, as firsthand smoke.
Thus exposure to it is JUST as harmful as you smoking the cigarette
directly

So, with that said, and along with the other points brought up here by people concerned about their health, I say this, WHERE DO YOU GET OFF THINKING YOU CAN SMOKE WHERE YOU PLEASE!You think it is your right to spread a highly toxic cloud around because you feel it is a violation of your civil liberties. By your logic, I should be able to crack a drum of benzine open, or a cannister of Agent Orange, or even a Toxic Waste Barrel, around you cause it makes me feel good and you are violating my civil liberties by telling me to stop! But I can't do these things. Ya wanna know why? Because they are illegal and would pose a highly dangerous health risk to those around me. Hell, when you think of the toxicity rating of cigarette smoke, it should require a HazMat team to cleanup up after someone who lights up(Thats a little extreme but the point is cigarette smoke is rated just as dangerous as substances that do require HazMat cleanup, like Benzine)

Please people, get real, smoking is being banned BECAUSE of its highly toxic nature. If you can't understand why people are afraid of the effects of the smoke that you smokers produce on their health, why don't you come over here to Buffalo NY and visit Roswel Park and some of the patients who are now DIEING from smoking related diseases such as lung cancer!

I could continue, but enough has been said already. I am highly against smoking in public and exsposing it to others. IMO, there is no difference between a smoker subjecting someone to their smoke and someone playing Russian Roulette(sp) with an unwilling partner. Sure it may not kill them, but its THEIR life your playing with and thats just wrong.

Last edited by Heirophantxg80; 03-25-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Heirophantxg80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:16 PM   #32
cnjmorris

Knowing what people know about obesity today, you have to be a complete ass to allow yourself to become overweight and stay that way.
Being obese can come from lots of things, but even if it is just from over eating ... food has nutritional value and keep the body going. Over doing it is stupid and unhealthy BUT at least it is understandable. A person may eat the wrong food because they can't afford the good (starch is cheaper than protein/dairy/fruit&veg). A person may eat the wrong food because they don't have time to make a meal. A person may eat too much food, because they like the taste and don't go by nutrition, or feeling full. None of those are good reasons, but it is understandable how they can happen because eating is natural.

So tell me how someone with half a brain can decide to blow $4 on something that they don't need that will slowly kill them and makes them avoided by the entire thinking world?

They aren't the same. Its stupid for smokers to compare the two. BUT if you want to stand by your theory... then notice how many obese people are on tv.. all the big hollywood stars are obese right?

When someone is obese people stop and stare. People avoid you. People make fun of you behind your back. People don't respect you. So being obese is the same thing as smoking, so why are you so upset that people act the way they do?

And... it still doesn't address the issue. When a child gets in trouble it is normal for them to say "but bob did it too"... and when you yell at them for lieing they might say "but jim stole something".... and its just like you saying being obese is stupid... because it doesn't make you any smarter for smoking. stupid is stupid, no matter how many things you point out that are or are not more stupid.

Save your money and your lungs and join the thinking world.

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:26 PM   #33
kanibaal
korpse

oh man I would love for someone to try to put a cig out on me. anyways, lighten up people. smoking is lame and everyone who smokes wants to quit. very few actually go "wow man I really love smoking, Im glad I started and I want my kids to smoke too! I LOVE YOU R.J. REYNOLDS!".
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:29 PM   #34
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
WHERE DO YOU GET OFF THINKING YOU CAN SMOKE WHERE YOU PLEASE
Because I live in America. If you don't have a no smoking sign up, don't expect me not to smoke.

Next question.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:32 PM   #35
kanibaal
korpse

being obese isnt that hard. you only need to be 30 pounds over weight. the proper weight for your size and frame would actually be considered 'skinny'.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:36 PM   #36
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Talk tough to me more Scalz- you'll either frighten me into cowed obeisance to your oh-so-certain alpha-male prowess or cause me to strain an abdominal laughing my ass off at an insignificant shitstain like yourself pretending he's not the emasculated mongoloid eunuch that you are.

Seriously, next time you get the craving for a big fat cylindrical object shooting warm goodness into your mouth, instead of lighting up that cancerstick, find a loaded .44 and save society the increased cost of healthcare your sad chemical dependencies cost us. Or choke on a cock. But this is America so you get to choose!
Old 03-25-2004, 12:51 PM   #37
Heirophantxg80

Default Good point, but......

Because I live in America. If you don't have a no smoking sign up, don't expect me not to smoke.

Next question.

Trith, you have a logical point there, but still the overall point being made is that you still have a moral responsibility to ensure your not hurting others. As I said, smoking around others is no different from putting a revolver to someone's head with one bullet and pulling the trigger. Know whose rights are being infringed on?

I'm not saying your inconsiderate and would not ask others if they minded before you lit up. It just seemed that way in your post.
Heirophantxg80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #38
Scalz

Horm, since you are such an expert and falical devices, maybe you would like to tell the world what its like to get a meat rod shoved up your ass. I mean seriously are you not sick of living in the closet?

I wonder, do you catch or pitch Horm?

I believe it was your driveling little comment about breaking someones jaw and how OH so big you were. So who was trying to be the Alpha male, fuck chunk.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #39
Trith

Nahh..I'm just pushing buttons. I don't even smoke in a restaraunt anymore..I can't stand to smell it while I eat. I hate smoking..if I could go back 20 years and kick my own ass I would...but until I decide to quit..I will smoke where I choose as long as it does not harm anyone else, and is permitted there.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:04 PM   #40
Caelie123

They aren't the same. Its stupid for smokers to compare the two.
Of course you would see it that way. Obese people always have an excuse for being obese just like us smokers always have an excuse as to why we smoke. I have no excuse other than I enjoy a smoke. I stopped smoking for about 2 days a couple of weeks ago and thought "why the hell am I quitting? I enjoy a cigarette."
Therefore I will continue to smoke knowing that it may kill me. I'm not one of those people that think lung cancer won't happen to me. I know it can. I also know that I could die from breast cancer, colon cancer, heart disease or a car wreck. I refuse to live in a bubble over what might happen to me. I have accepted the fact that I am going to die "one day" of something. You are too. We're all gonna die.
You people act like we can't read the warnings. Every smoker know's it's unhealthy. We make our choice and take our chances just like we all do everyday when we get behind the wheel of a car or eat to much fast food.

As far as non smokers complaining about second hand smoke. You have every right to complain. Just don't go overboard. Be considerate of the smoker just like we try to be considerate of you.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:07 PM   #41
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Scalz
Horm, since you are such an expert and falical devices, maybe you would like to tell the world what its like to get a meat rod shoved up your ass. I mean seriously are you not sick of living in the closet?

I wonder, do you catch or pitch Horm?
Falical? I believe you mean phallic, Professor. Good argument about my sexuality though, you're really making me reevaluate my life.

I believe it was your driveling little comment about breaking someones jaw and how OH so big you were. So who was trying to be the Alpha male, fuck chunk.
Ah, I see tongue-in-cheek is hard for someone with head-up-ass to understand. If you honestly think I'm advocating for assaulting smokers then you should seek a second opinion on that lobotomy you clearly have had.

Last edited by Hormadrune; 03-25-2004 at 01:20 PM. Reason: I don't need to start that shit here: self nerf.
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #42
Trith

Falical? I believe you mean phallic, Professor. Good argument about my sexuality though, you're really making me reevaluate my life.
Translation: He catches..
Old 03-25-2004, 02:00 PM   #43
kanibaal
korpse

dont want to get cancer? dont do drugs(legal and illegal), dont smoke, and dont eat meat or other foods with free radicals in them. If you do eat meat make sure it is cage free, range fed and dont eat it everyday. when you eat make sure you eat alot of raw foods(greens). anything cooked over 107 degrees becomes fiber and all the enzymes and protiens are dead or gone. america's food system is built on greed, dont eat like an american and you wont get cancer and other deseases.

wanna throw the argument of "well my 99 year old grandma ate pork and smoked cigs till she died" and I will return with "good for her but I can show you millions who die by the age of 65 with that same diet and attitude".

if you take 1 a day pills and other supplements make sure you purchase them from a company that takes pride in using the best possible ingredients. there are no regulations on alot those things.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:03 PM   #44
Inmountains

OK, now I am scared, hell has just frozen over. I totally agree, 100 percent, with Hormadrune, and disagree vehemently with Caelie and Trith.

A quick, personal story to start with. One of my best friends just buried his wife a couple of years ago, she was 47. She had been smoking since age 14. Now my friend has 2 children, under age 18, to raise by himself, as well as 3 children over 18, who no longer have a mother, and whose children do not have a grandmother.

If I had my way, I would shove any cigarette I see in someone’s mouth down their throat. What gives you the fucking right to come foul up the air? You live in America? Fucking Bull Shit? I have the RIGHT to air free from your dirty, cancerous, spit laden smoke. If I see someone smoking, I don’t walk up to them. But if I am standing somewhere and someone lights up next to me, I want to throw a glass of water in their face. As for smelling smoke, I can smell a person smoking in the car in front of me going 70 mph. Don’t believe me, I have proven it TOO many times, even to my kids. I just say, the person in front of us is smoking, and a couple of minutes later, you see the splash and trail of sparks on the highway. Which is called FUCKING LITTERING.

Am I passionate about this? YOUR FUCKING DAMN RIGHT I am. As far as I am concerned, Smoking is “Assault and Battery”, “Attempted Murder”, “Premeditated Suicide”, “Arson”, “Littering” and “STUPID.”

Why do people smoke? Oh, I read here that it ‘calms’ you down. Guess what, MILLIONS of people are able to calm down without smoking, you wimps. It is your right? OK, then smoke in your house, your car or any private place. Don’t make non smokers breath in what you spit out. We have the RIGHT to air free of tobacco smoke.

A little boy asks his dad, “Daddy, what is smoking?” Dad answers, “Son, take a dried out weed, wrap it in paper, shove it in your mouth and light it on fire! There, now doesn’t that sound COOL?” The little boy shook his head and said it sounded dumb.

There is NOT one single, GOOD thing that comes from smoking! All I hear smokers say, “It is my right”. Damn, you are correct, everyone has the right to be an ignorant moron. But as my Law Professor told me in college, your RIGHT to punch me in the face ENDS where my nose beings!!! Your RIGHT to smoke ENDS when it violates me!!!

DAMN, now I have pissed off the ‘right’ too!!!! Now this whole board hates me!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Right or Left, Liberal or Conservative, smoking is STILL STUPID!!!! I love it when people say, “I want to quit, I’ve tried to quit”. Damn, people are WEAK!!!! Oh yea, my ex wife used to tell me that I just don’t understand addiction. I told her she was right. I said if anyone wants to stop anything, then just stop it. EQ is probably the closest I have ever come to an “addiction”, and I could stop tomorrow if need be.

OK, putting away my soap box now.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:43 PM   #45
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I knew me and IM were soul brothers!
Old 03-25-2004, 03:33 PM   #46
Maximus Faticus

Horm isn't the one with the oral fixation there, Betty. Why don't you go suck on another butt.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:44 PM   #47
Dalian Windbuilde

Send a message via AIM to Dalian Windbuilde
Caelie123 said:
I refuse to live in a bubble over what might happen to me. I have accepted the fact that I am going to die "one day" of something. You are too. We're all gonna die.
You think if you don't smoke you are in a bubble? How stupid can you get? Here is your "bubble" area for both classes:
1) Smokers: If there is a non-smoking sign up, you can't smoke. You also decrease the amount of time you live.
2) Non-Smokers: Can go where ever they please without any signs saying "No non-smokers." They can also live life to the fullest and not have to worry about early death.

Yes, we are all gonna die someday. If you smoke, it is just the same as saying well I hate my life so I am gonna smoke to "calm" myself down. If you hate life so much, then just blow your brains out to save us all the trouble. Smoking is a process that, the longer you do it, the more hurtful you can be to others. For those of us that want to live life to the fullest, maybe you should consider 2 things: "Common Courtesy" and "Common Sense". If you mix those two things together, you might actually have used your brain.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:58 PM   #48
shadowedspawn

Originally Posted by Heirophantxg80
IMO, there is no difference between a smoker subjecting someone to their smoke and someone playing Russian Roulette(sp) with an unwilling partner. Sure it may not kill them, but its THEIR life your playing with and thats just wrong.
Sooo Holding a gun to someones head and pulling the trigger is the same as standing 20 or more feet away in an open air area where either one can walk away? You Sir are a Moron.

I have been smoking since I was 18 (32 now), and I always try to be considerate of nonsmokers wheither they are assholes or not.

I swear to god I am going to get a loan to start a bunch on campains to get fast food places outlawed. California used to be a place I wanted to visit, but now the only time you will catch me there is when I am passing through on my way into or out of country.

NOTE: This is not directed at all non smokers just the ones that feel everyone should live like they do.

He who laughs alone at night does so in contemplation of his own evil.

"My name and dildos both brought up without my presence.
*tear*
My life's work is complete."
- Fanon sums up his lifes greatest work.
shadowedspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:27 PM   #49
Caelie123

LOL...sad thing is I smoke and I agree with most of the non smokers here. Smoking is dumb, stupid, premeditated murder and just about every thing else you guys stated here (other than the one about russian roulette, that's stretching it a bit).

I also find it amusing that some of you point out the healthcare cost you get charged with from smoking related diseases while you defend the causes of obesity and HIV related diseases. Guess what..I don't like having to pay for accelerated health care cost because people choose to partake in homosexual activity, drugs or because they can't push away from the table. Just like you I have to pay for those things I don't like.

While you sit here typing away, pounding on the keyboard with your veins popping out of your forehead just remember that us smokers won't ever quit just because you don't like it. We won't quit because the Government restricts it. We'll find ways around it. We'll quit when we're ready to quit.

The Government restrictions are a good thing actually. It forces us to smoke less. It's no biggie, the cigarettes we miss out on because we can't smoke in public, we'll make up for when we get home or while we're riding down the road in the privacy of our own vehicle. I'm glad you can't smoke in eating establishments or theatres etc. I don't like being in a closed up room full of smoke anymore than you do. Most smokers don't. They'll agree that it stinks just like you do.

Bitch all you want. Just like with any other legal freedoms, the government may find ways to regulate it, but they won't stop it
Old 03-25-2004, 08:11 PM   #50
Cerden

Summing it up.

Smoking is bad! Rude smokers need to be hurt. Someone should hold rude smokers down and jame 4 packs of cigarrets in their mouth, light them all up and make them suck em all down. Then kick em in the nuts.

Nice smokers I can deal with. :P
Cerden is offline   Reply With Quote