Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
Maximus Faticus

Default Get old quick! Start smoking.

Smoking: This vies with UV radiation as a prime cause of accelerated skin aging. The thousands of chemicals in cigarette smoke wither the minute blood vessels that supply the skin with oxygen and nutrients. These toxins alter the function of fibroblasts, cells that regenerate the collagen in your skin. The free radicals in cigarette smoke (oxygen molecules in search of a lost electron) thicken and break the skins stretchy elastin fibers. This leads to a loss of tone, and wrinkles. Smoking literally embalms your dermis: The formaldehyde and ammonia in smoke fix and preserve it. Inhaling those toxins also deactivates the ovaries estrogen, further contributing to the loss of your skins collagen and fluid content.

When you purse your lips around a cigarette to inhale and exhale, you train your skin in wrinkle formation. Then, to shield your eyes, you squint and frown. Multiple fine creases appear around the lips, then fine lines around the eyes, followed by frown lines. These gradually deepen. Loss of water and elasticity causes sagging under the eyes, drooping lids, and fallen jowls. Add a tint of yellow, and youve created a ten- to fifteen-year advancement of your faces clock. If you make surgical repairs while youre still smoking, they take longer to heal because the skin is oxygen starved and the fibroblasts are unable to lay down collagen effectively. Finally, cigarette smoking is associated with psoriasis, squamous cell carcinoma, and an increase in death rates from malignant melanomas. HEALTH LIBRARY

These are more than superficial reasons to stop! And note that secondhand smoke inexorably, albeit more slowly, gives a similar hue and droop.
Another reason for you fuckers to stop smoking, and around other people.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4593580/
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:35 AM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

/agree

Every day I walk from the subway to my agonizingly horrible job through the cesspool that is Boston's Chinatown. The percentage of people in this are who smoke must be exponentially higher than the rest of the city and it's like walking through an ashtray (but an ash tray where you walk over bags of chicken trimmings that the fucking restaurant owners leave out on the curb to be smeared onto the sidewalk).
Old 03-25-2004, 08:36 AM   #3
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
pfft

/lights up.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:47 AM   #4
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

I may have to start smoking just to piss people off!!

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:55 AM   #5
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

pfft

/lights up.
I'll miss you when you're dead and wrinkly though
Old 03-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #6
Caelie123

Oh yeah Flub, especially when you flick the butts out the window. That really pisses some people off. I flicked a butt out the window the other day and this guy in the other lane behind me started honking the horn and shaking his fist at me. I just smiled and waved at him when he came up beside me.

I see people tossing whole bags of fast food garbage out the window and some asshole wants to go balistic cause I flick a cigaretter butt out the window.

I used to be a very very considerate smoker, but the more people make a big deal out of it the more I could care less what they think. I especially like to blow it in the direction of the woman 20 feet away fanning her face. Like she is really getting my second hand smoke from 20 feet away. Non smokers have just jumped on the second hand smoke bandwagon and most have no clue what it does or doesn't do to a person other than they bitch cause they can.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:16 AM   #7
Veo

Non smokers have just jumped on the second hand smoke bandwagon and most have no clue what it does or doesn't do to a person other than they bitch cause they can.
Yeah, because we all know smoking and second-hand smoke are actually good for you. All that coughing and hacking from cigarette smoke is just people faking it for sympathy.

/sarcasm

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/paren...ies/index.html
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:59 AM   #8
Scalz

Here's an idea..........Stay the fuck away from me then, if you dont like it go some where else.

Same fucking peopole that bitch about it, prolly go to suntan booths, use aersol hairspay or products and eat at fast food restraunts that serve there food in Styrofoam containers.

Self righteous pricks.
Scalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:11 AM   #9
Flub Man

What really pisses people off the most is smoking a cigar. People seem to go ape shit over cigar smoke. And trust me, it's well worth it when you see them leave because cigar was botering them.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-25-2004, 10:13 AM   #10
Flub Man

No Scalz, they would rather make laws about what people can do on their private property. And then talk about how they are the protectors of civil liberites.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-25-2004, 10:15 AM   #11
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

It should be legal to defend yourself bodily against someone smoking (and thereby endangering your life) near you. Wonder what the judge would say when I get brought in for breaking some inconsiderate asshole's jaw when he insists on standing shoulder to shoulder with me at the bus stop smoking
Old 03-25-2004, 10:15 AM   #12
Caelie123

I just thought about something. My husband and I both smoke. Am I gonna die faster from his second hand smoke or from my first hand smoke?

Oh wait....new statistics in that more people are dieing of obesity than lung cancer. I'll probably live longer than you obese people who eat way to many cheese burgers. Hmmm what's our next ban so people can live forever?
I know I know, you're gonna come back and say your cheeseburgers smell much better than my cigarette smoke and that your obesity doesn't effect me. Believe me...your obesity does effect me. It's a strain on the eyes which might lead to migranes which might lead to an aneurysm, just like my second hand smoke might lead to your death.

You people need to get over it. You're gonna die from something. It's not like you're going to live forever one way or the other.

Now for you obese people that don't mind my smoke, I don't mind your obesity either
Old 03-25-2004, 10:19 AM   #13
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Default Why Caelie is rude

According to the U.S. Fire Administration:

Originally Posted by USFA
Careless smoking is the leading cause of fire deaths. Smoke alarms and smolder-resistant bedding and upholstered furniture are significant fire deterrents. source
The Keep America Beautiful foundation reports the following statstics on litter proportions in the U.S. in 2001 (both land & underwater litter). Keep in mind: they have no specific axe to grind against tobacco companies more than any other litter-producing entity.

Originally Posted by kba.org
2001 Land & Underwater Cleanups-U.S. Top Ten Items
DEBRIS ITEMS TOTAL NUMBER PERCENT OF TOTAL
1. Cigarette butts.............................1,286,116................34.51%
2. Bags/food wrappers.........................443,259..................11 .89%
3. Caps, lids.......................................306,428.......... ........8.22%
4. Beverage bottles (glass)...................205,772..................5.52%
5. Beverage cans................................202,983................. .5.45%
6. Cups, plates, forks, knives, spoons.....196,018..................5.26%
7. Beverage bottles (plastic).................189,591..................5.09%
8. Straws, stirrers...............................151,660.............. ....4.07%
9. Fast-food containers.........................73,477..................1 .97%
10. Cigar tips.......................................57,792........... .......1.55%
TOP TEN TOTALS..............................3,055,304............... ..81.98%
source
Phillip Morris themselves have the following position on cigarette litter:

Originally Posted by Phillip Morris, U.S.A.
The Problem

Cigarette litter is among the most common forms of litter.

Each year the Ocean Conservancy sponsors the International Coastal Cleanup, where volunteers collect and count refuse on beaches and waterways. In 2002, cigarette butts were the most commonly littered item on beaches. Besides being unsightly, cigarette litter can pose a danger to wildlife.

Some people who would never dream of dumping garbage in a public place throw cigarette litter on the ground without a second thought. We think there are two main reasons people do this: many smokers do not view filters as litter and there arent enough places to properly discard them.

Cigarette filters, which make up most of the butt, are made of cellulose acetate fibers, a form of plastic. Numerous studies have been conducted to determine the degradability of cigarette butts. The results of these studies indicate that filter butts degrade very differently under different conditions. In many cases, it can take several years for an improperly discarded cigarette butt to degrade significantly.

Reducing Cigarette Litter

We believe that encouraging the proper disposal of cigarette litter must include raising awareness about the problem and proper disposal practices and encouraging local governments, property owners and facility managers to install ash receptacles.

Philip Morris USA believes we have a role to play in the reduction of cigarette litter. Heres what were doing:

1. Communicating with adult smokers through direct mail campaigns and select on- pack messaging that cigarette filters are litter.

2. Partnering with litter reduction organizations to increase the awareness of litter and to encourage smokers to stop littering.

3. Developing model programs and sharing best practices with others who are interested in reducing cigarette litter.

At PM USA, we have longstanding relationships with Keep America Beautiful and the Ocean Conservancy to address the problem of cigarette litter. We believe that people who are concerned about litter can come together to find common ground to provide reasonable options for everyone.

We will continue to work with them and other individuals and groups to seek educational and behavioral solutions to the problem of cigarette litter and to help lend our experiences and resources toward solutions.

Government Regulation of Cigarette Litter

We believe that legislative efforts to address litter, such as banning smoking in outdoor public places, do not address the underlying behavior that leads people to litter.

Instead of outdoor smoking bans, we support the use of portable ashtrays and encourage an increase in the number of ash receptacles in popular public locales as a more effective approach to addressing litter problems.

What Can You Do?

Here are some helpful reminders:

1. Cigarettes should be disposed of properly.

2. Make sure cigarettes are fully extinguished before dropping them in trash receptacles.

3. Carry and use a portable or disposable ashtray to use when receptacles are not available.

4. Encourage business owners to install appropriate cigarette disposal receptacles.

5. Do not throw cigarette butts out of moving vehicles; use ashtrays.

6. Take personal responsibility for your own cigarette litter and encourage others to do the same.
Originally Posted by Caelie
Oh yeah Flub, especially when you flick the butts out the window. That really pisses some people off. I flicked a butt out the window the other day and this guy in the other lane behind me started honking the horn and shaking his fist at me. I just smiled and waved at him when he came up beside me.

I see people tossing whole bags of fast food garbage out the window and some asshole wants to go balistic cause I flick a cigaretter butt out the window.

I used to be a very very considerate smoker, but the more people make a big deal out of it the more I could care less what they think. I especially like to blow it in the direction of the woman 20 feet away fanning her face. Like she is really getting my second hand smoke from 20 feet away. Non smokers have just jumped on the second hand smoke bandwagon and most have no clue what it does or doesn't do to a person other than they bitch cause they can.
First, they have every reason to go ballistic. You can start wildfires with that cigarette butt. In Colorado they are considering changing (and might have already changed) the laws to make such an act a felony. Not only this, but cigarettes contribute more than three times as much litter as fast food wrappers, and accounts for a third of all land and water pollution in the country.

Second, Philip Morris, your most likely advocate for smoking, comdemns littering! You are not a considerate smoker if you're tossing your butts around recklessly, and blowing smoke in others faces. Even the biggest of the tobacco giants agrees here.

Third, yes, it can be smelled from 20 feet away. To many people (myself included) cigarette smoke is a vile stench. If you want to make your own life miserable, go ahead, but you have no right to do that to anyone else. Health risks are actually irrelevant! You, as the person choosing the behavior, have te responsibility to ensure it doesn't infringe on anyone else.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:20 AM   #14
Caelie123

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Wonder what the judge would say when I get brought in for breaking some inconsiderate asshole's jaw when he insists on standing shoulder to shoulder with me at the bus stop smoking
In today's society with the current laws on the books you would be charged with assault. Now you can always counter sue, but you would still be charged with assault.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:21 AM   #15
Flub Man

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
It should be legal to defend yourself bodily against someone smoking (and thereby endangering your life) near you. Wonder what the judge would say when I get brought in for breaking some inconsiderate asshole's jaw when he insists on standing shoulder to shoulder with me at the bus stop smoking
I think you have allot of anger issues. Maybe a cigarette would relax you.

And were you forced to stand next to him at the bus stop? Could you not move? Is the 2 minutes he was next to you smoking equal harm you equal to the harm of his jaw being broke?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-25-2004, 10:24 AM   #16
Flub Man

Originally Posted by AresProphet
Third, yes, it can be smelled from 20 feet away. To many people (myself included) cigarette smoke is a vile stench. If you want to make your own life miserable, go ahead, but you have no right to do that to anyone else. Health risks are actually irrelevant! You, as the person choosing the behavior, have te responsibility to ensure it doesn't infringe on anyone else.
A person's perfume/cologne/soap/bodywash could also be smelled 20 feet away. Some perfume/cologne makes me want to throw up. Are you going to demand that people stop wearing perfume/cologne/soap/bodywash?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-25-2004, 10:25 AM   #17
Scalz

Here is an idea Horm.......How bout you fucking move. Where i'm from bus stops are on corners and outside. There is more then enough space for you to walk your ass a few steps away.

Something came to mind dont get to self righteous with a smoker, there liable to take that cigarrette and put it out on your pussy....err i mean face.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:25 AM   #18
Caelie123

1. Cigarette butts.............................1,286,116................3 4.51%
Damn! there's alot of rude smokers out there. Wonder how many of them are mine? You don't actually think we're gonna put that nasty thing out in our ashtray do you? How inconsiderate of you to suggest we stink up our car.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:26 AM   #19
Alauradana

If you don't think throwing cigarettes out a car window is dangerous, come to Arizona and California in the summer and you can see where there is nothing but charred ground on the side of highways where all the other idiots who believed doing that was harmless had already drove past. You also risk your cigarette going in someone else's open window, and having that cherry hit some kid in the eye. I wore an eye patch to school for three weeks in the first grade because of some idiot who threw a cigarette and the cherry went in my eye. Having burning ash in your eye doesn't feel so good. Yes, it was a freak accident, but it happened none the less--I guess you feel comfortable taking that chance. Don't worry about littering your car with cigarettes, litter all over society and make everyone else have to look at the trash resulting from your habit. Have you ever noticed how nice streets look with all the butts laying around?
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:27 AM   #20
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
More fun from Phillip Morris regarding smoking:

Secondhand Smoke

Secondhand smoke, also known as environmental tobacco smoke or ETS, is a combination of the smoke coming from the lit end of a cigarette plus the smoke exhaled by a person smoking.

Public health officials have concluded that secondhand smoke from cigarettes causes disease, including lung cancer and heart disease, in non-smoking adults, as well as causes conditions in children such as asthma, respiratory infections, cough, wheeze, otitis media (middle ear infection) and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. In addition, public health officials have concluded that secondhand smoke can exacerbate adult asthma and cause eye, throat and nasal irritation.

Philip Morris USA believes that the public should be guided by the conclusions of public health officials regarding the health effects of secondhand smoke in deciding whether to be in places where secondhand smoke is present, or if they are smokers, when and where to smoke around others. Particular care should be exercised where children are concerned, and adults should avoid smoking around them.

We also believe that the conclusions of public health officials concerning environmental tobacco smoke are sufficient to warrant measures that regulate smoking in public places. We also believe that where smoking is permitted, the government should require the posting of warning notices that communicate public health officials' conclusions that secondhand smoke causes disease in non-smokers.
Cigarette Smoking and Disease in Smokers

Philip Morris USA agrees with the overwhelming medical and scientific consensus that cigarette smoking causes lung cancer, heart disease, emphysema and other serious diseases in smokers. Smokers are far more likely to develop serious diseases, like lung cancer, than non-smokers. There is no safe cigarette.

These are and have been the messages of the U.S. Surgeon General and public health authorities worldwide. Smokers and potential smokers should rely on these messages in making all smoking-related decisions (read source for more, including links to the U.S. Surgeon General reports on smoking)
Gee, they sure must have something against cigarettes!
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:33 AM   #21
kanibaal
korpse

My father got cancer from smoking. Im glad he lived and is healthy now. Smoking is your choice but if you feel it is ok for you to smoke around others then you have problems.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:10 AM   #22
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Scalz
Here is an idea Horm.......How bout you fucking move. Where i'm from bus stops are on corners and outside. There is more then enough space for you to walk your ass a few steps away.
So an inconsiderate douchebag such as yourself comes up to the bus stop I'm waiting at and lights up right besides me and *I'm* supposed to move? I don't think so, shit-for-brains. My current practice is to ask the person to "not smoke that next to me please." 9 out of 10 people do as I say. The 10th person I tell to fuck off before I meander off before my short temper leads me to escalate the situation. Being a bigger guy let's me get away with this without incident though (so far anyway).

Originally Posted by Scalz
Something came to mind dont get to self righteous with a smoker, there liable to take that cigarrette and put it out on your pussy....err i mean face.
Ah yes, you smokers are such tough guys and us people who don't want to die from health issues related to inconsiderate strangers' lack of willpower and courtesy are whiny pussies. Right Remember this: I'm not the one with the phallic oral fixation here. Keep puffing though sister.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:11 AM   #23
Scalz

Yeah I have lots of problems, least of which is wondering when i should and should not light up.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:19 AM   #24
cnjmorris

Knowing what people know about smoking today you have to be a complete ass to smoke.

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:31 AM   #25
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Oh yeah Flub, especially when you flick the butts out the window.
Flicking butts out the window is not cool. Use your ash tray...it belongs to you...it was made for that purpose. If you don't want your car to smell like butts, don't smoke in it. The area you are flicking cigarattes belongs to more than just you...and you can start a fire.

When I used to smoke, I would carry a soda can with a little bit of liquid in the bottom. Toss your cigs in something like that.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote