Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 01:18 PM   #26
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Actions speak louder than words.
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:21 PM   #27
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
So the answer to my question to Flub is, I think, that no matter what Bush did, or Clinton did, 9/11 was likely to happen one way or another.
I agree with you 100% on that. That is one reason I find all this testimony and grandstanding repulsive. Short of puttin an air marshal on every plane and troops with SAMs on every skyscraper. Nothing was going to stop 9/11.

My contention, and I have read ALOT (too much if you ask my gf) about 9/11, is that way terror was handled in the previous administration. And in some cases this administration.

Clinton saw terror and terrorists as criminals and went after them as such. While this is a good idea and did result in alot of arrests. It also hindered intelligence. Since Federal law at the time did not allow the FBI and CIA to swap files. Or in some cases the files were sealed becouse of ongoing criminal investigations. This created a problem for the CIA since they were not allowed to question witnesses or view documents.

Bush on the other hand sees terror as a battle of right and wrong. He is mostly correct. The problem now is that while some countries say they support us publicly. They privately also support, or ignore, terrorists groups. This leads to a hodge podge of allies and policy.

Who is right? Depends on your politics. And that is my 2 cents. Anyone want to trade it for a dime.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:33 PM   #28
Flub Man

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
And I missed you too Flub- you never return my calls or write me love poems anymore
You asked for it :

There once was a poster named Horm
When I say a reply from him I felt all Warm
While his name calling was Witty
His politics to me was Shitty
His replies were often Rambling
Becouse we knew he was often Handling
His manhood at the Time
This resulted in a liberal Whine
That would would often show Up
Becouse while he touched himself He
Was thinking of Me
The Flub

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 01:40 PM   #29
bumbleroot

I agree with you 100% on that. That is one reason I find all this testimony and grandstanding repulsive.
And you jump on Bush's ass for not doing anything about obl in his first 8 month.
Seems like 100% is a little steep on this eh Flub?
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #30
bumbleroot

You Cons don't get it...
Democrats are not debating in Congress and writing resolutions about Bush's military service. They are not using Taxpayers funds to conduct a witch-hunt on him. They did not condemn his actions for going after terrorism. Heck most of them voted to go after Iraq. However, the Republicans were more interested in going after Clinton on his blow job and condemning him for attacking terrorists that were proven terrorists than taking care of the country. That is a given fact. The record shows that. That is unforgivable and should serve as a pock upon the USA.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #31
Flub Man

No, I agreed with Lur that noone could have guessed right about 9/11.

The testimony this week has been grandstanding. If you notice, Clinton's people are protecting him. Bush's people are protecting him. Political grandstanding in an election year is all it is. To say differant is to cast a blind eye and a deaf ear.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 01:54 PM   #32
Flub Man

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
They did not condemn his actions for going after terrorism. Heck most of them voted to go after Iraq.
Really, hasn't Kerry been running around the country the last few months doing that? That would be after he voted in favor of going to Iraq BTW.

However, the Republicans were more interested in going after Clinton on his blow job
Had to break this sentance up right there. Reason? Impeachment was not about a blow job. You can keep saying that and try to rewrite history but you know it's not true.

and condemning him for attacking terrorists that were proven terrorists than taking care of the country.
So sending cruise missiles into a vacant camp is attacking 'proven terrorists'? Lobbing a few cruise missiles into a vacant intelligance office on a Saturday night is attacking 'proven terrorists'? Doing this on the eve of the impeachment vote is attacking 'proven terrorists'?

That is a given fact. The record shows that. That is unforgivable and should serve as a pock upon the USA.
And the record shows that obl attacked the US 4-5 times during the Clinton years and Clinton never caught him. And neither has Bush, so he better get on the ball too!!!

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 02:05 PM   #33
Inmountains

"Hey geniuses- This post is about Republicans. Care to defend their actions or be man enough to stand up to their actions? They were reprehensible. Stop diverting the ACTIONS taken against terrorism as a blame game. What the Republicans did was FOCUS ON A BLOWJOB while we were busy DEFENDING our country. There is nothing as reprehensible as that. Period!!! It is politically disgusting."

HEY LEFTASSes, Clinton was getting a BLOWJOB while the terrorist's were taking FLIGHT TRAINING for Commercial Aircraft, IN THE UNITED STATES. Clinton was more interested in 'getting off' than getting terrorists. WHY do the INTELLIGENT people (ie. the Republicans) bring this up? Because Bush has had to clean up eight fucking years of CLINTON CRAP. Lurik, you think 8 months is enough to clean up 8 years, wow, you must be really high today!!

Oh, in response to the quote I quoted, "How does getting a blow job defend our country?" You said, "while we were busy DEFENDING our country". Hmmm, I guess the left thinks ejaculating is a great defense!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:08 PM   #34
bumbleroot

Really, hasn't Kerry been running around the country the last few months doing that?
Just so you understand things correctly- Kerry has not been condemning Bush for going after terrorists. He has been condemning him for the way he has bungled the war on terrorism (Hint- it is not an American war but a world war and its not a conventional war and it isn't about Iraq)
Old 03-24-2004, 02:27 PM   #35
Flub Man

He has been condemning him for the way he has bungled the war on terrorism
Yep, having rounded up or killed 2/3 of aq. Frozen millions of dollars worth of currency. And cut off escape routes into Syria and toppled a terror friendly regime. Man, I wish Bush would stop that!!

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 06:40 PM   #36
bumbleroot

HEY LEFTASSes, Clinton was getting a BLOWJOB while the terrorist's were taking FLIGHT TRAINING for Commercial Aircraft, IN THE UNITED STATES. Clinton was more interested in 'getting off' than getting terrorists. WHY do the INTELLIGENT people (ie. the Republicans) bring this up? Because Bush has had to clean up eight fucking years of CLINTON CRAP. Lurik, you think 8 months is enough to clean up 8 years, wow, you must be really high today!!
Well considering that Clinton actually was the first president to take retaliatory action against terrorists (Bush Sr. and Reagan passed) and he was condemned by the Republicans for this being a poltiical action it appears that Republicans haven't got a fucking clue about how to take care of military actions.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:30 PM   #37
Flub Man

Well considering that Clinton actually was the first president to take retaliatory action against terrorists (Bush Sr. and Reagan passed) and he was condemned by the Republicans for this being a poltiical action it appears that Republicans haven't got a fucking clue about how to take care of military actions.
Ask Libya about retaliatory strikes. When it comes to not having a fucking clues, you are the expert.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 07:53 PM   #38
kanibaal
korpse

ooh ouch, blumbler owned once again.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:55 PM   #39
bumbleroot

Read your history buddy.
We had 241 marines killed in Lebanon in 1983. No retaliation whatsoever. Zilch, Zippo tough talk but no walk on that!!! (Reagan was known to talk tough)
We attacked Libya in 1986 based upon a belief that they were terrorists because someone bombed a German dischoteque that killed three people.
Here is the skinny on that.
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9610/11/germany.arrests/
I was wrong. Reagan attacked Libya because two servicemen got killed. I guess he pretty much forgot about the 241. That still is unretaliated by the way.

ooh ouch, blumbler owned once again.
Show me the first time buddy.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:59 PM   #40
kanibaal
korpse

do you really want me to go thru all your 2091 posts and link where people owned you? if I find more than a handful will you stop posting?
Old 03-25-2004, 05:58 AM   #41
bumbleroot

do you really want me to go thru all your 2091 posts and link where people owned you? if I find more than a handful will you stop posting?
I don't care how you do it. I support my assessments and if they are not correct and provable I don't put them up here. My opinion is something else- it is solely opinion and thus not fact. But when I post a fact, I provide documentation, something your fellow cons seem to forget how to do. And to provide you with harder arteries, almost every liberal on these boards supports their assessments with documentation and not with innuendo from partisan sources that they themselves can not support. (i.e WMD claims in Iraq). So start looking through my 2041 posts and while your at it look through those of Flub, Chuk, Rheaton. IM, Zolmaz, Lurikeen, Alaura, Raedwulf, Hormadrune, Martigan and any other regular posters on here. You will see clearly that liberals support their facts much more constantly than before.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:08 AM   #42
kanibaal
korpse

yeah and alot of those facts have been reviewed by us 'cons' and didnt quite cut the mustard when it comes to "supporting your opinion(s)".

Take the latest one from Lurikeen about how Clinton gave the orders for OBL to be killed but it didnt happen because the CIA didnt know they were given the authority to do it. How pathetic of an excuse is that? "We told them but for some reason they never did it! and we never followed up on it! we thougth he was killed! darn it, he is still alive?" So Lurikeen says that "clinton tried"! WOOHOO great facts you guys produce.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:55 AM   #43
Maximus Faticus

I wonder what you guys would do if you didn't have a preceeding Democrat administration to heap your problems on?
I'm going to remember that when the next democrat takes the big seat.

I don't think any president could have been prepared for 9/11.
You nailed it right on the head Lurikeen. That's why I believe that this trial is useless while waisting money. It has to be for the public or something.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:27 AM   #44
Aganerral

Since it's in the theme of this thread, the headline from my local newspaper today, for an article about hte trial:

"Terror wasn't top issue for Bush, ex-adviser says"

And all I could think was 'Well, duh" It wasn't a top issue for Bush, it wasn't a top issue for Clinton, and it wasn't a top issue for the general public until after 9/11. I'm sure that there were people in the governtment and in the public for whom it was the top issue, but for the overall population? Unlikely. It's onyl since 9/11 that terrorism has been heavily in the public concern.

I agree with Maximus that this trial/investigation is more of a grandstanding waste of resources than anything useful.
Aganerral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:31 AM   #45
Caelie123

I'm still trying to figure out what the Republicans did that was reprehensibe!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:42 AM   #46
Inmountains

If you all recall the election between Bush Sr. and Clinton, the CRY of the LEFT was, "It's the ECONOMY STUPID". Bush felt it was Foreign Policy. Turns out he was RIGHT!!! The terrorist's built up complicated networks, recruited world wide, obtained weapon's, etc... They made several attacks to work on their "co-ordination". Then we get 9/11. Now the Left is crying, "It's the TERROR STUPID"!!!

Instead of attacking the real issues, the Dems love to take the "hot button" at the moment, and push it till it breaks.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:47 AM   #47
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
I'm still trying to figure out what the Republicans did that was reprehensibe
We had an agenda with vision. That pissed the left off because they haven't had one for 20 years, and still don't.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:28 AM   #48
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Trith
We had an agenda with vision. That pissed the left off because they haven't had one for 20 years, and still don't.
Wrong Corky- read Bumble's post. What he's saying is reprehensible in this instance was the GOP's going apeshit over Clinton getting his knob polished by that publicityhound Lewinsky while we had terror issues then, the underlying implication being that we should have been more focused on Islamic extremism than on presidential sex habits. You can disagree with him on those points of course, but your reading comprehension is what's truly reprehensible.

What vision does your agenda have? Other than exponentially increasing national debt and defecating on civil liberties of course- those are crystal clear to all of us.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:35 AM   #49
Maximus Faticus

It didn't have much to do with the sex habits, but just lying to the court about it.

I don't think Clinton could have done anything publically without the Republicans saying he was just trying to divert attention from the whole thing. If Clinton was a Republican the Demcrats would have been doing the same thing.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:42 AM   #50
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
defecating on civil liberties of course
The only people with interest in shitting on civil liberties is you guys. You have been trying to take away my son's civil liberty to say the pledge of allegiance in school, or to have personal prayer time, you have been trying to infringe on the civil liberty of Americans to raise their children with moral character or personal religious ideals by forcing perverse agendas down our throats which diametrically oppose our beliefs, you have shit all over an entire American race and sex to establish blatantly unfair racist quota systems on no personal merit whatsoever other than a skin pigmentation...etc etc etc..

You guys make me laugh..please keep posting.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote