Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 11:08 AM   #1
bumbleroot

Default What the Republicans did was reprehensible

What the Republicans did was reprehensible!

When Clinton bombed Afghanistan, Republicans were crying foul because they were too fucking interested in a blowjob given to him by an intern. Instead of focusing on a real THREAT to our country, they decided to make it politically hard to protect America all so they could play politics. This shows exactly where their true motives lie. During the days of Clinton's administration it is becoming aware that there was little support in congress to fight the terrorism. Instead Republicans in congress were too interested in a non-criminal investigation of a blowjob instead of the country's best interests.
This is reprehensible! Republicans ought to stand up and be ashamed for what they did at this time.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:20 AM   #2
Lurikeen
Freaky

Yup. I recall the Republicans criticizing Clinton for his Cruise missle attacks on Iraq saying that he was just playing politics to divert attention from the Lewinsky affair. Ditto for his action against Afghanistan.

Now post-9/11 Clinton didn't do anything about terrorism or Iraq, according to the Republicans!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:21 AM   #3
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
pfft.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:23 AM   #4
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

More like there was little support in the White House for the war on terror.

Clinton had eight (8) years to get obl. He failed to get him. His policy of seeing it as a law enforcement problem instead of a military problem only created problems. His policy of lobbing a few cruise missiles at empty buildings in the middle of the nite did nothing to impede terror. Hs failed policy of lobbing cruise missiles at empty camps in the desert did nothing but embolden obl and aq. Hell, Clinton pardoned a group of terrorists.

Facts > bumble (once again)

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:25 AM   #5
crimsonedge

You are funny to read bumble. you dont remember your wonder boy Clarke ? He specifically spells out for you that Clinton did nothing but set up studies onw what to do and then went on to say that Bush actually made decesions to go after Al Queda something Clinton couldnt make up his mind on.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,115085,00.html

Just posted most of the transcript on another of your rediculous threads so dont want to post it all again here.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:36 AM   #6
Trith

That's the way it always goes with the guys on the left...fuck something up..sweep it under the rug..and hope it stays hidden until a Republican takes office then uncap it and do your best to make it look like it was anyone's screwup but your own.

Clarke is a grade A fuckup...he admits it in his own testimony, and anyone with 1/2 a brain can see it plain as day in his nice little fictional book he just released, and he worked for the king of Grade A fuckups..Bill Clinton. Bush inherited 9/11 from Clinton..nothing could be done about it, the wheels were already set into motion by 8 years of slackass anti-terror policy from 92-2000.

Now all Clarke is trying to do is spray some perfume over his own steaming terd that the previous administration dropped on the American people. That and try to pander a few votes from the more gullible and uneducated who swallow everything the one sided media spits at them and are too dumb to think and ask questions for themselves...or too stupid to put two and two together and come up with 4...in other words..the majority of registered Democratic voters. Must suck for you guys to be too lazy to discover what reality is..you would rather someone else make it up for you..like Clarke..so that you don't have to be bothered with coming down from your drug induced highs long enough to learn the real facts on your own.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:51 AM   #7
Lurikeen
Freaky

Flub, Bush was in office 8 months prior to 9/11. Was 8 months long enough for Bush to have done something to go after OBL? Wasn't 8 months long enough for Bush to have at least some intel as to what OBL was up to?

You c0ns can bash Clinton all you want, but Bush is in the hotseat right now, not Clinton. Bush has to explain what he did for 8 months prior to 9/11, and it is he who is up for reelection: not Clinton.

So, bash Clinton all you want. Hell, blame Clinton for the increase in Greenhouse gases too, while you're at it. None of that matters now, since Clinton is not president.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:53 AM   #8
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

You contards are too funny.

Originally Posted by AggregateConsOfThisBoard
OMGZ, liek, teh OBL wuz Clintonz fault bcuz of m4d orla sexxorz!!1!!! D3mo<ra7$ r teh suxxorz!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:54 AM   #9
bumbleroot

Hey geniuses- This post is about Republicans. Care to defend their actions or be man enough to stand up to their actions? They were reprehensible. Stop diverting the ACTIONS taken against terrorism as a blame game. What the Republicans did was FOCUS ON A BLOWJOB while we were busy DEFENDING our country. There is nothing as reprehensible as that. Period!!! It is politically disgusting.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:58 AM   #10
Flub Man

If you have read anything in the you would know that on Sept. 10th, I believe, a plan was settled on to overthrow the taliban and get obl.

And you jump on Bush's ass for not doing anything about obl in his first 8 month. Yet, you don't say anything about 8 years of not going after obl.

Clinton may not be president now, but his 8 year of inability to get obl should not be dismissed

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 12:00 PM   #11
Trith

Again Bumble...

pfft.

Your posts don't warrant my effort to reply. The Republicans have done nothing wrong here in the war on terror..and the sooner you get out of your basement..put down the Conspiracy Theory Weekly Newsletter special signature Dick Clarke edition and get a little sun you might feel a lot better about yourself.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:00 PM   #12
Flub Man

Wow, I see horm is back with is usual witty namecalling. Missed you!!

/hugkiss

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 12:03 PM   #13
Trith

Clinton may not be president now, but his 8 year of inability to get obl should not be dismissed
His 8 years of REFUSAL to do anything about OBL and exactly why we are in the situation we are in now. Sad thing is..try getting that through the thick ass skulls of the leftists here...it would be easier hammer a railroad spike in with a wet noodle I think. And some of them honestly have the nerve to call us retards...talk about fucking irony.

Yes I'm talking to you...and you know who you are..
Old 03-24-2004, 12:09 PM   #14
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I think Rumsfeld said it well when he said that the people of the US nor her allies would have accepted an invasion of Afghanistan based on the knowledge we had prior to 9/11.

If we would have invaded Afghanistan and prevented 9/11...folks like you libs would be as upset about that military campaign as you are right now about Iraq.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:10 PM   #15
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Flub
And you jump on Bush's ass for not doing anything about obl in his first 8 month. Yet, you don't say anything about 8 years of not going after obl.
Do you have an answer to the question or don't you? What did Bush do to get OBL his first 8 months in office.

BTW, can you link up a source that shows Bush decided upon a plan on September 10th to go after OBL? That sounds mythical in nature.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:15 PM   #16
ShardmoonVer.1

Here is a hint for any one looking to unseat Bush in November. Stop focusing on the War on Terror. Its exactly what the Republicans want America to be concentrating on when they walk into the voting booth.

There are issues out there that Bush is weak on, responding to terrorism isnt one of them.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:16 PM   #17
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I wonder what you guys would do if you didn't have a preceeding Democrat administration to heap your problems on? Accept the fact that you elected an incompetent leader whose failure to do his job may have contributed to the worst terrorist attack on this country ever? Accept the fact that you elected an incompetent leader who has run this country into an oppressive debt due to his reckless combination of tax cuts and spending?

Nah, you'd pin this on Carter somehow- after all, couldn't be a Republican's fault.

And I missed you too Flub- you never return my calls or write me love poems anymore
Old 03-24-2004, 12:18 PM   #18
Trith

I wonder what you guys would do if you didn't have a preceeding Democrat administration to heap your problems on
Simple...we wouldn't have any of the problems this nation has today.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:19 PM   #19
crimsonedge

Sure Lurikeen its in the link i provided:

ANGLE: Now the five-fold increase for the money in covert operations against Al Qaeda did that actually go into effect when it was decided or was that a decision that happened in the next budget year or something?

CLARKE: Well, it was gonna go into effect in October, which was the next budget year, so it was a month away.

QUESTION: That actually got into the intelligence budget?

CLARKE: Yes it did.

QUESTION: Just to clarify, did that come up in April or later?

CLARKE: No, it came up in April and it was approved in principle and then went through the summer. And you know, the other thing to bear in mind is the shift from the rollback strategy to the elimination strategy. When President Bush told us in March to stop swatting at flies and just solve this problem, then that was the strategic direction that changed the NSPD from one of rollback to one of elimination.

There it is go after Al Queda in March of 2001. Straight from the I hate the Bush adminstration source.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:22 PM   #20
crimsonedge

Horm you are totally incorrect to say he did nothing to stop Al Queda. He approved plans to go after Al Queda prior to 9/11 and spend money to go after them. Something Clinton never did do.

However, I wont blame Clinton he most likely believed as most of the US did that the threat wasnt immediate this side of the ocean and as long as they kept attacking government and military posts outside the US he was willing to take a long term approach to the situation.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:31 PM   #21
Flub Man

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Do you have an answer to the question or don't you? What did Bush do to get OBL his first 8 months in office.
If you read the link Clarke answered that for you.

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
BTW, can you link up a source that shows Bush decided upon a plan on September 10th to go after OBL? That sounds mythical in nature.
Oops, thought I had linked it. It is down towards the bottom:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114922,00.html

Not until the day before the Sept. 11 attacks did U.S. officials settle on a three-year strategy to overthrow the Taliban Afghan government if a final diplomatic push to get bin Laden failed, the panel's report said.
The Bush White House plan for knocking out terrorism was completed just days before the Sept. 11 attacks. On Sept. 4, Powell said, most of the threats facing the United States at that time were believed to be coming from outside of the country

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 12:31 PM   #22
Lurikeen
Freaky

Crimson, to make my point clearer...

Earlier, CIA Director George Tenet told the commission that both the Clinton and Bush administrations took the threat of terrorism seriously and worked actively to disrupt Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda organization.

"There was no lack of care or focus in the face of one of the greatest dangers our country has ever faced," Tenet said.

In a a staff statement on intelligence released Wednesday, the commission said "no agency did more to attack al Qaeda" than the CIA, but said there was an absence of a "robust, offensive, engagement across the entire U.S. government."

Tenet said the CIA, working with other agencies around the world, disrupted a number of terror plots during the alert leading up to January 1, 2000, celebrations.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ion/index.html
Clinton actually did much more than say "go after al Qaeda", according to Tennet. I have written this before, but I will do it again... I don't think any president could have been prepared for 9/11. Asking what a president did to prevent 9/11 is insane. Nobody could have guessed that 9/11 was going to happen, and if they could, I doubt there would have been sufficient time to prevent 9/11.

What has to be looked at is what the current administration could have done, if anything, to prevent 9/11. I don't think Bush could have done much. So the answer to my question to Flub is, I think, that no matter what Bush did, or Clinton did, 9/11 was likely to happen one way or another.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:32 PM   #23
Aganerral

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
Hey geniuses- This post is about Republicans. Care to defend their actions or be man enough to stand up to their actions? They were reprehensible. Stop diverting the ACTIONS taken against terrorism as a blame game. What the Republicans did was FOCUS ON A BLOWJOB while we were busy DEFENDING our country. There is nothing as reprehensible as that. Period!!! It is politically disgusting.
Really, this is no different than what either political party does. For example, the whole thing about Bush's National Guard time or whichever service he was in. Personally, I don't give a damn about what Bush did in the Nat'l guard 30 years ago. I don't realy see what it has to do with any of the real issues, and also don't think that spotty/cushy military service is unique among those of Bush's social status and generation. But it's as much a tempest in a teapot as the blowjob thing was.
Aganerral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:43 PM   #24
Lurikeen
Freaky

Oh, just for those who say Clinton was soft on OBL.

Clinton ordered the death of OBL.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Bill Clinton gave the CIA "every inch of authorization that it asked for" to carry out plans to kill Osama bin Laden, the former president's national security adviser testified Wednesday, bluntly disputing claims that the spy agency lacked the authority it needed.

"If there was any confusion down the ranks, it was never communicated to me nor to the president and if any additional authority had been requested I am convinced it would have been given immediately," Sandy Berger said in nationally televised testimony before a bipartisan panel probing the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the worst in the nation's history.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #25
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Crimsonedge
Horm you are totally incorrect to say he did nothing to stop Al Queda
You are totally incorrect to say I said he did nothing to stop Al Qaeda, as I did not say any such thing. Please quote me if you're going to say what I said and didn't say.

I said he failed to do his job- in a number of ways.