Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 03:05 PM   #26
cnjmorris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 925
The resolution of conflict is simpler than people make it.

Trade them beer for land rights. Make them lots of promises, and then slowly break the promises.

When they get angry and revolt apologize to them by moving them all out into the desert on land no one wants and tell them that you will lte them govern themselves, set up casinos, and sell beer and tobacco with no taxes.

I forget where... but I remember hearing it worked for someone else having problems with land claims...
__________________

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:37 PM   #27
Martigan
Supporter
 
Martigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Juan Bautista, CA
Posts: 4,459
Send a message via AIM to Martigan
However IDF figures show that for every 1 Israeli killed 3 Palestinians are killed.
Yes, but the majority of the Palestinians killed were militants...the percentage is about 90%...the other 10% are collateral damage. The majority of the Israelis killed were innocent civilians....again a 90/10 percentage, but the opposite direction...10% soldiers, 90% civilians.

You guys need to think a little deeper instead of spewing generalities from your bleeding heart.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:11 PM   #28
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
You provided opinions. Ones which I and others dont agree with. I wouldnt call them reasons any more than I would call it a reason when some opposed to Gay marriage says its because they cant reproduce.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:15 PM   #29
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Kiebler, do you understand that opinions can be reasons? In fact, reasons are nothing more than explanations as to why one holds an opinion to be true.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:00 PM   #30
kanibaal
korpse
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 796
What would we do without the great wisdom and explanations Lurikeen provides us with?... oh yeah, we would know just as much as we knew before he shared.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:14 PM   #31
gojirra monk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 304
Might be a good idea for some people in this thread to learn a bit about the history of the Palestinian region.

To correct some common misunderstandings:

Israel was not created out of thin air in 1948. The Zionists had been very active in the area for some time.

Palestine has not been a country at any point since the rise of the Ottoman Empire (!).

Bah. Don't want to go into any more than that while I'm at work.
gojirra monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:20 PM   #32
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
that is just fucking scary and wrong on so many levels.
But oh so true.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:12 PM   #33
kanibaal
korpse
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 796
Also when the first Jews walked on foot from Russia to Israel they didnt form an army and run Palestinians out of some great civilization. Actually they walked up on a barren shit hole and from the ground up they built Israel as we know it today. So lets side with the Palestinians and run the true settlers of that region out!!!
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #34
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Kanibaal
What would we do without the great wisdom and explanations Lurikeen provides us with?... oh yeah, we would know just as much as we knew before he shared.
When you have something substantive to add, by all means do so. I suspect you will first need a brain to do so.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:27 AM   #35
Usna
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 226
Martigan
"Yes, but the majority of the Palestinians killed were militants...the percentage is about 90%...the other 10% are collateral damage. The majority of the Israelis killed were innocent civilians....again a 90/10 percentage, but the opposite direction...10% soldiers, 90% civilians."

So Palestinian casualties among civilians are collateral damage while Israeli's are innocent civilians. Shows the true mind set, treating one side like nothing more than buildings.

Also most figures show that from the time of the intifada of 1980 total Palestinian casulties run at about 3300. So if we take you figure of 10% (even though it is closer to 30%) of those as innocents it comes to 330 dead innocent civilians. On the Israeli side the figure is about 350 dead since 1908. Again using your figures that leaves it at 315 dead civilians. So looks like the poor Palestinians are losing the collateral damamge war.

Again I do not support the hardliners on either side. I am just trying to show that there is no good and bad side. Morons like Trith like to suggest bullshit options like wiping out the Palestinians, even if it was facetious, but the truth of the matter is the whole situation is fucked and neither side occupies any sort of moral high ground. Just that Israel use a JCB to dig their shit hole trench while the Palestinians use a shovel.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:54 AM   #36
Ulujain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: La La Land
Posts: 1,930
Martigan, you're so far up Israel's ass, you probably should emigrate there.
__________________
S.I.G.N.A.T.U.R.E.
Ulujain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:24 AM   #37
gojirra monk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 304
Originally Posted by Usna
Martigan
"Yes, but the majority of the Palestinians killed were militants...the percentage is about 90%...the other 10% are collateral damage. The majority of the Israelis killed were innocent civilians....again a 90/10 percentage, but the opposite direction...10% soldiers, 90% civilians."

So Palestinian casualties among civilians are collateral damage while Israeli's are innocent civilians. Shows the true mind set, treating one side like nothing more than buildings.

Also most figures show that from the time of the intifada of 1980 total Palestinian casulties run at about 3300. So if we take you figure of 10% (even though it is closer to 30%) of those as innocents it comes to 330 dead innocent civilians. On the Israeli side the figure is about 350 dead since 1908. Again using your figures that leaves it at 315 dead civilians. So looks like the poor Palestinians are losing the collateral damamge war.

Again I do not support the hardliners on either side. I am just trying to show that there is no good and bad side. Morons like Trith like to suggest bullshit options like wiping out the Palestinians, even if it was facetious, but the truth of the matter is the whole situation is fucked and neither side occupies any sort of moral high ground. Just that Israel use a JCB to dig their shit hole trench while the Palestinians use a shovel.

See, I think the point that he was trying to make was that the IDF doesn't sit around and decide to bomb busses, schools and markets which are completely civilian targets. The Palestinians do.

The IDF isn't going to cry a whole lot if, in addition to their combatant targets, some noncombatants get killed, but killing civilians isn't their goal.
gojirra monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:01 AM   #38
kanibaal
korpse
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 796
***DING DING DING DING*** Gojirra gets it.

Ulujain, that isnt be far up their ass, thats called being an ally. If you second guess everything your ally does, then sooner or later things are going to fall out between the two of you. Now dont go and argue with me all the reasons you dislike Israel, just stick to what I said and form your thoughts from that. What is a true ally... someone who second guesses or someone who supports you thru thick and thin because you know they support you?
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.