Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 05:28 AM   #1
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Default Brave Palestinians

Kid Caught with Bomb (part 2)

Pretty chickenshit stuff to do, sending unaware children as bomb carriers. Stuff like this makes the targeted killing much more acceptable to me.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:09 AM   #2
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Originally Posted by Martigan
Kid Caught with Bomb (part 2)

Pretty chickenshit stuff to do, sending unaware children as bomb carriers. Stuff like this makes the targeted killing much more acceptable to me.
You are missing the point Mart. These freedom fighters are going against an unjust invasion of their home land and must do whatever it takes to get their land back. Don't you know anything. The Isrealis make them do it!!

/sarcasm off

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:53 AM   #3
Usna

Just like the chickenshit soldiers who shoot heavily armed (ie big fucking rocks) Palestinian children. There is no right or wrong in this both sides have and will do some seriously fucked up shit. There is no good side in this conflict.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:09 AM   #4
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Usna wins.

There is no tidy resolution to this conflict, not now, not ever.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:10 AM   #5
Flub Man

Originally Posted by Usna
Just like the chickenshit soldiers who shoot heavily armed (ie big fucking rocks) Palestinian children. There is no right or wrong in this both sides have and will do some seriously fucked up shit. There is no good side in this conflict.
Yep, they should just let people throw rocks at them. That way, the Palestinians will know not to do that anymore.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 09:11 AM   #6
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Big difference between shooting rubber bullets at a bunch of rock-wielding animals to get them to disperse vs. detonating a bomb on a crowded bus with children killing complete innocents.

There can, and will be a winner here, contrary to what you libs believe..and it will probably require the complete annihilation of the Palestinians unless they wake up, rethink their leadership, rethink their goals, and move out from under the hand of dead end Islamic fascism.

Until they do this I'm going to keep waving my big foam "Israel is #1" hand and laugh my ass off every time some Palestinian "spiritual leader" gets his cock blown off.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:00 AM   #7
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Here's another one...

Teen Caught with Bomb

Also...

There is a big difference between shooting rubber bullets to disperse rioting kids with rocks...as opposed to blowing up a busload of innocent children.

One big difference you will see is...the innocent victims that Israel has killed have been collateral damage...the innocent victims that the Palestinians have killed were intended targets. I can guarantee that MOST (like 90%) of the Palestinians that have been killed since the start of this uprising have been militants. I'd say that 10% of the Israelis that have been killed were soldiers.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:28 AM   #8
Flub Man

Ofcourse there are going to be civilians killed by Isreal. When you have the chickenshit terrorists hiding where there are civilians what else would you expect.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-24-2004, 11:46 AM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

There can, and will be a winner here, contrary to what you libs believe..and it will probably require the complete annihilation of the Palestinians unless they wake up, rethink their leadership, rethink their goals, and move out from under the hand of dead end Islamic fascism.
Ah, lead us to resolution then Minister Trith! Please show us the way to finish the Palestinian-Israeli conflict once and for all with a fair outcome. Oh, wait....you didn't think through the whole "fair" part. You merely see another opportunity to tell Muslims "up yours! Stay marginalized you dirty pigs!" I guess you forget that the state of Israel was plopped down on them uninvited after World War II as a consolation prize to Jewish people after suffering through the Holocaust. Look, don't get me wrong, I "root" for Israel more often than not in this conflict, but for you and others to pretend that Israel is purely the victim in this conflict is ignorance even beyond your usual capacity. Basically you want the Palestinians to eat shit and like it.

If you think resolution is so easy than you grossly underestimate the magnitude of this conflict.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:21 PM   #10
Trith

Ah, lead us to resolution then Minister Trith! Please show us the way to finish the Palestinian-Israeli conflict once and for all with a fair outcome
Easy solution. Untie the hands of Israel and let them do what they have to do with the Palestinians, it's a war, and the UN needs to get its nose out of it and let Israel kill who it needs to kill to get peace and stability.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:36 PM   #11
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Trith
...let Israel kill who it needs to kill to get peace and stability.
I don't know, why not equally arm the Palestinians and let them both fight it out as equals? Light weapons against tanks are hardly fair.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:38 PM   #12
Trith

I don't know, why not equally arm the Palestinians
It's a war, not a football game dumbass...besides the Palestinians have all the weapons they need...they have plenty of children..
Old 03-24-2004, 12:40 PM   #13
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Was i the only one who thinks of the intro to the Monty Python show when they imagine Yassin getting blown up by the israelis?

old guy: Its!!
KABOOM!!
Old 03-24-2004, 12:55 PM   #14
Lurikeen
Freaky

Trith, it is not a war. Furthermore, arming Palestinians to kill Israelis is just as stupid an idea as yours, with the exception that I was being sarcastic and you were serious about your moronic idea.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:57 PM   #15
Trith

Trith, it is not a war
What the fuck rock have you been living under? You have one group strapping bombs to lunatics and blowing up innocents on an almost daily basis, you have another group using rocket strikes to root out and kill terrorist political leaders. What the fuck does this sound like to you a fucking cribbage match?! It's a war..face it..deal with...get over it.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #16
Lurikeen
Freaky

Trith, a war is a declared conflict between two countries or more. There is no recognized Palestinian state at the moment.

Yes, there is extreme violence, but the Israelis have the upper hand. They have a government and laws to protect themselves. The Palestinians don't have such protections and rights. Israel can do whatever they want with the Palestinians at this time. Hardly a war.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:24 PM   #17
ShardmoonVer.1

War. A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties. As defined at Dictionary.com.

Which part of the conflict going on in Palestine excludes it from the accepted definition of war? I can see the part about being open is subject for debate, but I dont think the other two (armed and prolonged) are doubted at all.

We are at war with terrorist. Israel is at war with the Palestinians. Knocking down skyscrapers meets the definition of open warfare in my eyes. Suicide bombers detonating themselves on an Israeli bus does as well.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:36 PM   #18
Lurikeen
Freaky

Kiebler, I suppose in a very lose sense of the word clashes between the gangs in L.A. count as "wars", just as knife and club fights between fraternity houses Kappa Phi Chi and Beta Delta Theta count as "wars".

If we are talking about the common usage and understanding of the word, then splitting hairs aside, the conflict in Israel between Palestinians and Israelis is not a war.

Why is the point imortant? Because by claiming the conflict in Israel is a "war", we gloss over the fact that Palestinians don't have political representation or equal rights in Israel and therefore have no real legal recourse at ending the conflict. They are not on equal footing with Israel.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #19
ShardmoonVer.1

I am not the one splitting hairs. I am simply pointing out that the conflict going on in Palestine is by definition a war. I could launch into an editorial about politics dictating which definition is appropriate, but you are already doing that.

As to claiming common sense for supporting your dispute of the word war, who's version of common sense will we use? The dictionary supports the original posters use of the word war. Perhaps your dispute should be addressed to them.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:48 PM   #20
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Kiebler
The dictionary supports the original posters use of the word war. Perhaps your dispute should be addressed to them.
Hmmm... I suppose he is capable of reading postings on a public forum not addressed to him. What do you think?

I am not the one splitting hairs. I am simply pointing out that the conflict going on in Palestine is by definition a war.
So is a knife and club fight between fraternity houses.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #21
ShardmoonVer.1

I submit your examples of the LA gangs and fraternity fail to meet the Open and Prolonged requirements for the definition of war. I will grant you the armed part. Oh what the heck, we can call those a war too if you like.

Your arguing to expand the definition of war is ok by me. I wasnt the one trying to limit it in the first place.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:01 PM   #22
Usna

Most of the palestinian casualities killed by Isreaelis are shot with live rounds not rubber bullets. Also some of you only pay attention to the deaths on the Israeli side, which I will not argue are horrendous and I have no sympathy for the militant Palestinian cause. However IDF figures show that for every 1 Israeli killed 3 Palestinians are killed. They just dont merit news. Also the figure of civilian casualities among Palestinians is up at 20-30% not 10%.

Israel was formed after WWII to give Jewish people who were so horrendously treated by the Third Reich, their own homeland. I can understand the mentality of the Israelis that they will not be treated like that again, but their oppression of the Palestinians, who had no choice in the matter, is akin to the way they were treated in the ghettos of Warsaw etc. They treated Palestinian civilians like cattle, herd them into specific areas, then enter those areas and bulldoze whatever hovel they have. They targeted journalists, foreign aid workers and Red Cross.

What makes me wonder sometimes in the inequity of approach by some on this board. I am not a palestinian supporter by any means and have a lot of sympathy for the Israeli position. However the inability of people to acknowledge the crimes and atrocities carried out by the Israelis and justifying any and all actions they take is disheartening to say the least.

Oh and I am sorry but,

"..and it will probably require the complete annihilation of the Palestinians unless they wake up, rethink their leadership, rethink their goals,"

that is just fucking scary and wrong on so many levels.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:16 PM   #23
Lurikeen
Freaky

War. A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties. As defined at Dictionary.com.

[...]

I submit your examples of the LA gangs and fraternity fail to meet the Open and Prolonged requirements for the definition of war. I will grant you the armed part. Oh what the heck, we can call those a war too if you like.

Your arguing to expand the definition of war is ok by me. I wasnt the one trying to limit it in the first place.
I am not arguing to expand the definition. I took your logic to its end and by YOUR rationale we would have to call armed conflict between two parties of any sort a "war" just so long as it has a certain length of time. BTW, gangs in L.A. have been fighting for years.

My point, which you seem to be missing (or ignoring) is that by glossing over the conflict in Israel as a "war" we aren't dealing with the problems and hence the violence continues. Palestinians don't have representation in the Israeli government. They have no legal recourse in Israel. They don't have a recognized country of their own, so can't appeal to international courts on equal footing with Israel. Palestinians don't have tanks, they don't have jet planes, or any other conventional weapons that remotely come close to the weapons had by Israel. Palestinians have nothing but "stones" in comparison to what they are fighting against and now they have been labelled as "terrorists" which puts them into an even worse plight.

I don't think the Palestinian groups who advocate using children as delivery systems for bombs are right. I am just pointing out how lopsided in favor of Israel this whole thing is and calling it a "war" just makes no sense at all.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:27 PM   #24
ShardmoonVer.1

"Palestinians don't have representation in the Israeli government. They have no legal recourse in Israel. They don't have a recognized country of their own, so can't appeal to international courts on equal footing with Israel. Palestinians don't have tanks, they don't have jet planes, or any other conventional weapons that remotely come close to the weapons had by Israel. Palestinians have nothing but "stones" in comparison to what they are fighting against "

Now replace the words Palestinians and Israeli with AlQeda and The United States. By this reasoning we arent at war with OBL and Alqeda.

And using the word war isnt glossing over anything. Its an accurate description of the events going on in Palestine.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:37 PM   #25
Lurikeen
Freaky

Now replace the words Palestinians and Israeli with AlQeda and The United States. By this reasoning we arent at war with OBL and Alqeda.
BINGO!

I have stated in other threads that the phrase "war on terror" is etheral political jargon. It would be better if the Bush administration redefined the so-called "war on terror" so that we could actually see progress.

BTW, simply disagreeing that using the word "war" isn't glossing over the real issues in Israel is not a refutation. I provided reasons as to why it is glossing over the problems.