Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2004, 08:11 PM   #26
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by AresProphet
Swear off personal attacks. If you don't have anything to add that isn't written with competent grammar and spelling, don't waste your time. If you can't make your point without insulting your opposition, rewrite the post. It gets you nowhere, and impedes progress (of any kind) to merely flame. We have a section for that. Rants & Flames would be a place to put a topic where anyone with a mind to do so can hurl insults at random.
I agree with you and I am going to swear off the personal attacks from here on out. It will be difficult, but I am going to try. Yes, I am being sincere.

Steam Vent has pretty much become useless for any reasonable dialogue. I can take some responsibility for that. I don't think the forum should be abandoned, but on the other hand, I am eyeballing some good USENET forums where people are really into debating the issues and not just all out flinging shit.

Thanks for the posting Ares. You pretty much helped me to publicly state what I have been thinking for a few days now.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:13 PM   #27
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Arespro,
Thank you, Chuk and Zol, for taking the last shred of my faith in humanity and grinding it beneath your heels.
I've read your post 3 times and cannot for the life of me find Lurikeen..
Why?

Btw, I responded to luri's post and, well, you read the rest.

Arespro,
Do you come here to debate? Or to pass judgement on others that don't
see things the way you do?

You can't have it both ways. Luri bashes and cusses, yet" you blame
me? Maybe you should consider why you are even here reading the
political board.

This Election will be a nasty one. You think it's bad now? Just wait a few
more months. The nationalist media mogals will certainly change that..

Have fun.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:18 PM   #28
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Ok one mention of luri. My bad

Z..
Old 03-23-2004, 08:21 PM   #29
ShardmoonVer.1

While I dont agree with making fun of Lurikeens kids specificly, I have to say its something he has opened himself up to. I have gotten on Bumble several times about personal attacks and name calling and Lurikeen has defended these tactics and has even labelled me Holier than thou.

If you live by the sword, expect to get stabbed. If you dont like it, stop doing it. Making fun of your kids is no less offensive than you calling people names and attempting to belittle them.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #30
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

And I don't like being called a NEOCON. Especially in caps.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #31
Lurikeen
Freaky

Kiebler, I have NEVER defended attacking the children of those who post on these boards. Flaming the children of those who post here is far more offensive than simply flaming the person who posted.

And I stand by my earlier assements of you. I have called YOU "hollier than thou" not because you don't attack others who post, but because in fact you DO attack others, but you don't couch the attacks in vulgarity so you think, somehow, you haven't attacked the person.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:34 PM   #32
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Ares,
Thank you, Chuk and Zol, for taking the last shred of my faith in humanity and grinding it beneath your heels. Not sorry to see it go; it was inevitable, but I prefer it weren't cast aside by feckless morons without the slightest sense of decency.
Ares,
If you really want to extend an olive branch, anyone here at all, I offer the following. Swear off personal attacks.
Ok, You first.
Set the standard by following your own. I'm game.

Besides, i've sworn off cussing since I saw the passion.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:35 PM   #33
bumbleroot

Hmm. 2% x $50.000.00 (picks nose) very interesting. I get 1k. Who does your taxes?
Z- last I checked- $1k divided by 12 months is approximately $83 a month as Lurikeen said.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:48 PM   #34
ShardmoonVer.1

You are offended when your children are attacked, I am offended when any one is attacked. I guess thats the difference in our personal philosophies. I dont have to have a relationship with the person being attacked to know its wrong.

There is a huge difference between disagreeing with Bumbles behaviour and making an observation and calling him names. When I said he seemed to lack any persepective it wasnt an attack and only some one stretching the definition to support their viewpoint would label it as such.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:50 PM   #35
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Bumble,
Z- last I checked- $1k divided by 12 months is approximately $83 a month as Lurikeen said.
I wouldn't have any qualms knocking your teeth out of your head. Alas, cowards like you have the luxury of hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

Oop's heh. Sorry, Luri said that.

I love the new math Bumble. Your such a nice person that you would never
ever ever lie to anybody in the whole big wide world. I believe you.

Say, i'm having a little tea party over at the rose garden sunday morning
before church. Ares? would you like to come join us for some
really sweet companionship? The discussion of the day will be,
Love.

Come along and later we can all go catch butterflies with nets
provided by PETA. Then for brunch we can all have a salad. yay.

Don't miss out. Snooze you looze. *sniker sniker*

Your all such a lovely crowd of posters.
Kissy kissy poo. smoochie smoochie.

GOD BLESS EVERYTHING
Zolmaz Zo'Tizzy (Life is so wonderfull, who needs politics, the world will be perfect forever)

Last edited by Zolmaz Zo'Boto; 03-23-2004 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:21 PM   #36
korast

Please dont use only fake silk nets on the butterflies, or you risk damaging their wings, and lets not get into the whole string of abuses that go along with the creation of real silk .
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:50 PM   #37
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Korast,
I would rent a tree to live in, but the EPA has warned me and threatened to
fine me for excreting flatuance that much closer to the atmosphere,
thereby causing an extreme rise in the level of methane. Which they told me
could cause global warming by causing the earth to be to cold in the winter.

So I sent greenpeace a contribution and suddenly the EPA is off my back.
In fact they sent me a letter. Reads,

Dear Zolmaz, (What? you think i'd use my real name?)
In recognition of your $1 contribution to the fight against global warming,
we officially recognize you as a Greenhat-party member.

Your contribution was so important to our cause that we are sending you
an official grass-blade ring. (Keep it frozen)

We appriciate your contribution Zolmaz, and look forward to your next interesting
contribution in the future.

Sincerely,
Green.

P.S. Keep it coming or the EPA will find you. Be assured!
Well, I havn't found a tree to live in because people here in Kentucky thinks
it's strange that anybody would want to rent a tree. People have even
called the police on me. In fact they've pulled weapons on me and made
me dance around while they shot near my feet.

Boy this environmentalist extremist thing sure is a pain. Thank goodness summer
is just around the corner. hmm, yum. Corn. food. Yum FOOD.

I have to go now. If the library constodian catches me here again i'll be busted.

GOD BLESS LEAVES
Zoltard Zo'freeko (We wish you a merry christmas)
Old 03-23-2004, 10:19 PM   #38
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Its been rumored i do have a heart, though i dont believe it. Anyway ill poop out an apology if you really felt like i was trying to insult your kids if you have any, its tough to raise children and i wouldnt insult anyone's child willfully. Im basically throwing back the thorns you toss at others when you make a topic like this. You dont like Bush i dont like Bush (I can stand him though) but there is debate and themn there is just outright hatred for a person/party. There is a thing called objectivity you could use a heavy dose of. This goes for Bumble too.

I really dont know what some of you guys think when you start topics like these. Its to infuriate us on the right, thats about what it comes to? I mean i live for the fight, i really enjoy slugging it out with anyone and everyone but there comes a time when you say where is this all going? Is the point of this thread actually going somewhere aside from that you are asserting your dislike the current administration?

We know full well you hate Bush and his party's policies, i dont totally agree with it either but you gotta give a little to get a little , Bush is no worse than Kerry or the other half dozen guys who tried to get nominated for the dem ticket (with exception of sharpton who was bad news no matter how much he tries to change his image now)

I really dont mind if you wanna keep throwing out these "Bush lied!!" "bush lied about WMD to fool us into war for oil!!" "Bush is teh debil and assisted Osama in 9/11" "Cheney is in cahoots with haliburton and screwed america!!" topics. Ill keep adding my 2million cents but at the end nothing was accomplished and we all still have our same opinions.

I have yet to read a topic posted here from anyone right wing or left wing which changed my mind on an issue. I just read these threads out of boredom and then go watch the news and form my own opinions. I then come back here and plunk them down colorfully with various amounts of tact (usually none) and see what i catch.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:35 PM   #39
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

I love you chuk. Hold me.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:12 AM   #40
Caelie123

Hold on a minute Lurikeen. You didn't seem to have a problem with it when Hormadrune tried to make a funny, linking a picture of a retarded kid named Gary as Innmountains son.

I so wish I had the time to go thru and search all the times you have mentioned somebodys kids, spouse or parents in a negative way when you were flaming the poster. I see though it's ok as long as it's not your kids somebody is poking fun at.

And AresProphet save that crap for somebody else. You only speak up in defense of your liberal buddies. When we mention how you liberals do nothing but throw insults, you reply with "it's all in fun...they didn't mean nothing by it".

Good ole double standards at play once again.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:38 AM   #41
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Steam Vent has pretty much become useless for any reasonable dialogue
I've been saying the same thing about the liberals for years..
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:54 AM   #42
Lurikeen
Freaky

Caelie, once again you are lieing. I have already called you on your lies. Now either prove your assertions or apologize.

Kiebler, that you fail to see the difference between flaming children who don't post here and can't defend themselves from those who can and do post here simply proves your bias and unwillingness to see why somethings can be and are more wrong than others.

Chuck, the solution is rather simple. If you don't like one of my threads, then you ignore it. Or is it that you lack self-control? Your so-called explanation as to why you flamed children you don't even know was pretty lame. A simple apology would have sufficed.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:56 AM   #43
Lurikeen
Freaky

Oh, and Caelie, you should apply your criticism of Ares to yourself. I don't see you chastising Chuk for flaming children he doesn't know. Right?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:41 AM   #44
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
...flaming children...
MMMM...flaming children....not as tasty as when they are fried and served with side of biscuits and mashed taters!!

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:17 AM   #45
Caelie123

Difference is Lurikeen, when you and your left wing buddies make cute little insults about our family, we just ignore it and move along. When somebody insults your wife or kids you go on a rampage. It's hillarious that you actually take it personally.

Remember how long you went on about Rheaton's comment. One word of advice....If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:31 AM   #46
Lurikeen
Freaky

Caelie, again, either post up the quotes where I make fun of your children, or apologize for your lie.

Further, if it doesn't bother you that some will flame defenseless children, then why bother to post either way?

The difference is that while I don't take it personally, I do have a indecency limit. I don't think the children of people posting on the boards are fair game for flames. Apparently, you think it is just peachy.

Now, bring out the quotes where I flame your children, or apologize for lieing.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:34 AM   #47
kanibaal
korpse

Remember when Dwarkarn posted the RL pic of Luri? Im sorry Luri but I would let you punch me as hard as you want just dont break your fingers or arm on me in the process.

Chuk, if you didnt see the picture, which Im sure you did, you have nothing to worry about unless you are a bleeder.

sorry Luri but looking like the leader of a UFO tracking team doesnt scare most people.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:53 AM   #48
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Caelie, again, either post up the quotes where I make fun of your children, or apologize for your lie.
Evidence supporting Caelie's theory.

Chukzombi's post - http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/sh...60&postcount=2

Lurikeen's post - http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/sh...07&postcount=4

It's not quoting where Lurikeen makes fun of Caelie's family, but it does hold true to Caelie's post about Lurikeen blowing up on family flames. There's a couple other posts that add to Lurikeen's rave, but I think I just need one, right? O.o

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:11 AM   #49
kanibaal
korpse

I find it pure comedy that Luri gets all bent over what chuk said when he himself tears into anyone with a different opinion than his own. Either fix the way you are Luri or learn to take what you dish out. You get offended by people making fun of your imaginary kids while others get offended by your attacks. Get over it.

Luri, you just dont like getting owned because you feel you are "holier than thou".
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #50
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Lurikeen you are the last person on this board who needs to be demanding that anyone else should apologize for a lie.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote