Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2004, 06:51 PM   #26
Alauradana

Chiteng, I am not saying you are a bad person. If you have health problems, I do sympathize. I just totally disagree with you blaming Bush for your predicament. I have been there and it is a rotten feeling. When we moved out here, alot of people my husband worked with were alot younger than us and they had more, it was humiliating to say the least. These days politics have gotten so dirty it has become the norm for everyone to just blame the party they don't like for everything.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:43 PM   #27
Caelie123

Chiteng I don't believe I infered where you live. I said if you live 50+ miles outside of a major city, jobs are not as available as they are closer in to the city.

I think I know what state you live in, but have no clue of what town, city or county. We've been posting on this board long enough that you should know me well enough to know I don't disclose personal information about other people.

You seem to be a very private person about your personal life. I respect that and wouldn't infer anything about your personal life that you're not willing to disclose yourself.

Only point I have made is jobs are out there and your wife may have to be inconvienced a little to find one.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:20 AM   #28
Everclear

This is craziness. I'm sorry, I have done everything from being a waitress to IT, to an Jr Assoc Exec during college to make ends meet. I have met too many single mothers supporting children by working as waitresses, sales people, telemarketers.. you name it, to stomach this whining!

If single mothers manage to make ends meet doing what they have to do, you can get off your butt, and your wife can get off her butt. Or maybe you are waiting to qualify for social programs? I have been called liberal, I have been called conservative, but dammit I am not lazy. If you want your life to "go somewhere" I suggest you start by unplugging your ass from you chair.

Bush isn't the problem here. (He is a problem.. a major problem, just not the cause of this situation). So please, before you complain about how any administration has affected your income (unless you live off social programs), maybe you should think about how YOU could affect your income. I have committed myself to years of college, paid for by my swear and tears. I even sold blood a couple of times for gas money. (You could donate blood at centers for money.. interesting experience).

So choke on your damned pity, because you are feeling sorry enough for yourself... you don't need our help.
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 06:08 AM   #29
Chiteng
Supporter

everclear you obviously know nothing about me.
if one man is layed off in a crew of 150...you can infer it was him.
if 150 men are laid off in a crew of 150....we can infer it is the employer.

the latter case is what happened to my wife at Nortel/Aris.

I think the Prez could do more about unemployment. He hasnt.
If he wants MY vote, he wont get it by doing nothing.

It really is that simple.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:40 AM   #30
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Inmountains
Luri has even told my son that he wishes I would DIE.
Is that right? Quote me writing that to your son. I think you are confusing me with Horm.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:57 AM   #31
Everclear

everclear you obviously know nothing about me.

You're right I don't. It's the steam vent, and I guess your post just pushed one of my buttons. I probably have control issues, so when others sound to me like they are whining or not in control of thier own life it really irks me. Anyway, good luck on improving your situation Chit.. I shouldn't have gone off on you, sorry about that. Take care.
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #32
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
If 150 people get laid off from their job..then it seems to me that there are 150 people who should get off their butts and go get another job. There are plenty available..just don't expect them to come to you.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:15 AM   #33
Caelie123

My daughter in law works for an Insurance Company. Certain Divisions are moving to another state. 500+ people have to make the decision to move or loose their job. Is this Bush's fault? I think not, but if those 500 people go on unemployment the numbers will reflect on the unemployment percentage.

She is upset with the company, not with the Government.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:06 PM   #34
Trith

Is that insurance company by any chance State Farm Caelie?
Old 03-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #35
Caelie123

Yep, how did you know? She doesn't know yet if her division is staying or moving. She said they would probably find out in the next two weeks.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #36
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Benedict Arnoldikeen
Is that right? Quote me writing that to your son. I think you are confusing me with Horm.
WTFX!

I may dislike Inmountains quite a bit for a variety of reasons but I don't recall wishing death on him. And if I've ever spoken to his son I was unaware of the relationship. If I knew who he was I'd be sure to bombard him with artillery from my liberal propaganda machine

Lurikeen, you have libeled against me and I'm taking your ass to Judge Judy
Old 03-22-2004, 01:42 PM   #37
Lurikeen
Freaky

Sorry Horm, but there was that whole incident where Inmountains son logged in to defend his daddy against the big bad Hormadrune.

I apologize if you didn't wish death upon him. I know I haven't. I thought you had.

http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/sh...15&postcount=7

Edit: Just wanted to add that I don't really care. I just wanted to set the record straight. I also agreed with your sentiment.

Last edited by Lurikeen; 03-22-2004 at 02:12 PM.
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 02:46 PM   #38
Tuan00Dorf

Yeah Chiteng I totally agree with you. Damn the President for firing your wife and not find her another job while she sits at home playing computer games for two years. Better hope a non-republican gets elected or she will automatically be out of work for another 4 years becuase of the magical republican unemployment forces

However, there is no point in taking a job, if you cant make enough
to survive doing it.
And how is she surviving making nothing then? Don't you realize what you said makes absolutly no sense? Your 35k + x > 35k where x > 0.

Trith, YOU try living here. Its so easy for you isnt it?
Well I guess you got him there, most of us actually live in this place called "reality". Try it sometime.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:07 PM   #39
Chiteng
Supporter

Tuan,

You recall a Prez named FDR? Oddly enough, that Prez proved that a Prez
CAN create more jobs, if he is so inclined.

Bush is NOT so inclined. Therefore, he DOESNT get my vote.
You may not care about the issue, I DO.

Kerry doesnt have to prove a damn thing to me. Because I already know
what to expect from Bush.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 03-22-2004, 07:37 PM   #40
Tuan00Dorf

Now if only that response had anything to do with what I said....
Old 03-22-2004, 10:04 PM   #41
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Ah, well fuck. I did tell him to die My bad.

I never followed the rest of that thread through after I posted (haven't had time to keep up with this forum much lately). I wish I had- it would have been fun to squabble with Inmountains and his son Gary. A bit late for that alas. Another time perhaps...
Old 03-23-2004, 12:10 AM   #42
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Chiteng
Kerry doesnt have to prove a damn thing to me. Because I already know what to expect from Bush.
There's a shining endorsement, right there. He may not make a good president, but by God, at least he's not the other guy.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:58 AM   #43
Veo

Originally Posted by Brigiid
There's a shining endorsement, right there. He may not make a good president, but by God, at least he's not the other guy.
Well, what the hell do you expect? If he doesn't like the way Bush ran our country (into the ground), then HE WON'T VOTE FOR HIM. Get the idea? If you don't like one person, you vote for the other. You vote for the lesser evil. Kerry is the lesser evil. Bush is a joke.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:09 AM   #44
Caelie123

I see it the other way around Veo
Old 03-23-2004, 04:21 AM   #45
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

It always baffles me to no end to see people whining about jobs. Have you looked in a fucking paper lately? Sure, your dream job may not be in there every day, but goddamn, there is always work. Whether it was bagging groceries, flipping burgers or working in a saw mill, I never had a problem finding some type of job once I got off my lazy ass. And you know what? No President was ever responsible for my finding a job or me being out of work. Luckily, I don't have to do the shit jobs anymore, but sometimes you have to do what you don't really want to. My two siblings and I were raised by a single mother would worked THREE jobs to make ends meet. You just have to learn to tuck away that pride. Hell, when working in a saw mill, we had a guy that used to play for the Minnesota Vikings (making league minimum of over 100k) apply for a job that paid 20k.

Oh, and to simplify what Tuan said, since you obviously didn't get it, Chit: SOME income is better than NO income.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 05:22 AM   #46
Chiteng
Supporter

And again obviously YOU dont get it. I expect the Prez to AT LEAST show
concern for the issues of the people he is asking for votes from.

If he is unwilling to do that, to hell with him.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-23-2004, 05:44 AM   #47
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Veo
If you don't like one person, you vote for the other. You vote for the lesser evil. Kerry is the lesser evil. Bush is a joke.
I was actually only making the observation that it was sad that there weren't other options out there...that you either have to pick the guy you don't like, or pick the guy that you dislike less than him.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:10 AM   #48
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I was actually only making the observation that it was sad that there weren't other options out there...that you either have to pick the guy you don't like, or pick the guy that you dislike less than him.
Welcome to politics in this country. Generally you have 4 options this November.

1) Vote for GWB for more of the last 4 years.
2) Vote for Kerry to do better than GWB.
3) Vote for Nader because you're an irresponsible clod and are actually casting your vote for GWB.
4) Don't vote and keep your mouth shut about government until you start fulfilling your civic responsibilities.

I agree, they aren't ideal options, but realistically, that's it. End of story.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:40 AM   #49
Trith

Yep, how did you know? She doesn't know yet if her division is staying or moving. She said they would probably find out in the next two weeks.
State Farm's recent office closings have nothing to do with the presidential administration and everything to do with greedy democrat backed trial lawyers loading the courts and insurance offices with frivilous lawsuits. This is a trend that State Farm has been battling for years now and losing. One of my father's close friends is an agent and has been for 30 years and he told us the main reason for the closings of so many State Farm offices was that they simply could not keep up with the "Whiplash" lawsuits flooding them, and that even though probably 70% of the "victims" had no real injuries, they were powerless to fight the democratic trial lawyers because their resources had been spread too thin. Thank the left on this one Caelie..they are against trial and Tort reform.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:24 AM   #50
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Trith
State Farm's recent office closings have nothing to do with the presidential administration and everything to do with greedy democrat backed trial lawyers loading the courts and insurance offices with frivilous lawsuits. This is a trend that State Farm has been battling for years now and losing.
Nice spin against trial lawyers. I was an agent for Farmers Insurance for four years. I still have friends in Farmers. I also have friends working for Allstate, Safeco, and Pemco that I stay in touch with.

Your idea about trial lawyers, and friviolous lawsuits, being the reason for insurance companies, like State Farm, laying off people is wrong. Loses from disasters such as the 1994 Northridge Earthquake and the 1992 Hurricane Andrew forced many of the large insurers (like State Farm) to stop underwriting homeowners insurance and disaster insurance. The loses from natural disasters in the 1990s had a huge financial impact on insurers.

Subsequently, insurance agencies close because they have little business to write when their parent companies refuse to underwrite new business. You should also consider that the business model for the larger insurers has changed dramatically in the past 10 years. Many of them are now using call centers rather than agents to sell product and process claims. Not having agents is a huge cost savings to insurers.