Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2004, 01:08 PM   #1
Chiteng
Supporter

Default Well .....

It now looks like we at least have a shot at defeating Bush, assuming
that OBL is actually dead, and not in some holding cell waiting to be
'captured' at just the right moment.

This state is a bastion of right wing nonsence and pr-republican BS,
but Bush Jr. is even in trouble HERE. Because there is MASSIVE unemployment, and he hasnt done diddly.

Any comments Raed?

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:51 PM   #2
Alauradana

What the hell are you Dems running on about massive unemployment? Please go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, under the Department of Labor. You will see that unemployment sits at 5.6%. It was at 5.5% when Clinton was in. You said the economy was fine when Clinton was in but now 5.6% its MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT? Get a clue!! I guess you Dems think that if you say something after a while people will believe it to be true. Thank god not all Americans are as dumb as you take them to be. When you say stuff like this it just makes people more aware that you are running on about nonsense. Unemployment is not doing worse. My family income puts me in the middle class bracket, and guess what? We are doing fine! My small business which I started this past year is flourishing! My husband has had a pay increase and a promotion! My god, the Bush administration is just doing terrible *sarcasm injected here* This networks pointed out how the dems are saying that it is worse when it isn't on tv. Shame on you folks, you are so blinded with hatred that you are going to run your own campaign into the ground with this senseless drivel.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 04:54 PM   #3
Caelie123

Chiteng we've discussed this before. Unemployment is geographical. Employment is good in most major cities and cities within a 30 mile radius. I work with people that drive 60 to 80 miles to work one way. There is no work in the boonies.

There was an article in the AJC about a girl with a college degree that couldn't find a job and wound up homeless. She said she wound up at the shelter with her Gucci bag and designer shoes. The article goes on to read how she couldn't find a job in her "field" of sales. She said she landed 3 jobs and was laid off from each within weeks. Now that right there tells me she probably was a loosey worker or something. The fact of the matter is she landed 3 jobs that she couldn't hold onto and wants to blame Bush.

Second it tells me that she wasn't willing to do what ever it took to survive till she could land the job of her dreams. She talks about how she watched them repo her car from the homeless shelter and how her cell phone was cut off and it was hard for her to make or receive calls about employment.

Bottom line is she sat on her ass doing nothing living on unemployment until she realized "oops, I better do something".

Jobs are out there..save that whiney song and dance for the liberals. If a person is above slinging burgers or waiting tables to survive then I have no pity on them whatsoever.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
Chiteng
Supporter

That just tells me you have not suffered. Because you would not say that
if you HAD.

YOU try going from a 100k+ income to a 35k income, and a spouse unemployed.

And I am one of the LUCKY ones, who saw it comming. BECAUSE,
every time a republican is elected, this shit happens.
So I jumped off the gravy train to a job that is much less volitile.
My freinds who told me I was 'over-reacting' and my wife, refused
to take my advice. They have been unemployed now for two years.

Gas will be at $3.00 a gallon and you STILL wont question the admin.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 03-20-2004, 05:26 PM   #5
Alauradana

No, I have been doing fine under the Bush admin. I was unemployed under Clinton's administration. I didn't expect the president to find me a job, I took care of myself. When one door closes, I look for another one. This has become a pathetic society. Well I should say, pathetic democrats. Explain to me how one tenth of a percent in the unemployment rate is that big of a difference. It isn't, it is just a lame attempt to blame Bush for everything. If you got a disease or your dog died, I am sure that is his fault as well. My life and the paths I choose are my doing. I don't buy this unemployed for two years. If you really want work, you work. It may not be what you want, but if you don't fill the market niche, don't sit on your butt making the rest of America pay you till the job you wants comes along. My Dad retired from his lifelong job in the military and couldn't get the job he wanted in civil service. He worked as a janitor for several months until he got a job he wanted. He did not sit at home collecting unemployment. I can quit my job tomorrow and claim to be unemployed. I don't buy that. Nor do a lot of Americans. The unemployment rate is the same as it was under Clinton, get over it and try and find a real issue to ramble on about.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:34 PM   #6
Chiteng
Supporter

Except that it ISNT. I agree that is the published figure.

I didnt say 'I' was unemployed for two years. I said they were.

Your empathy is overwhelming. I hope one day that you become aware
of what is going on.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-20-2004, 05:51 PM   #7
Alauradana

What a waste, read my message. The company I worked for went belly up when Clinton was in office. My husband wasn't doing so well at the time. I lost my job and he ended up taking a lesser paying job, we went from 65,000 to 25,000. Did we sit and moan about it? No, I took a part time job, which is what I could get at the time and my husband took a second job doing manual labor. That is why I don't have empathy. Don't complain about going from 100k to 35k if you aren't willing to pick up a second job or your wife can't take a lesser one. Why should I feel sorry for someone who is just too good to take a lesser job or who is not willing to go the extra mile? If you aren't happy with your income or lifestyle, do something about it, we did.

We ended up moving across the whole country and starting at a very low salary for a position that we knew had a load of potential, moving to a smaller town that had a lower cost of living. I took another job and just this year started my own business. We are now living very comfortably but we are here because WE took care of ourselves, we did not blame Clinton for the position we were in. It was not easy, we had bill collectors calling so don't give me the empathy BS, been there done that. Don't come here expecting empathy because your wife hasn't worked in two years and you are not happy with your income. Do something about it. You obviously have enough money to maintain a computer, EQ, plenty of time to come here when you could be working another job. Me and my husband spent the time working our butts off and we are now reaping the rewards of eight years of hard work. Sit there and do nothing, and nothing will come to you, then just sit and blame the president for your predicament. That is totally lame.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:17 PM   #8
Inmountains

Alauradana, I applaud you. You said what I have been trying to say since I started posting on this board. The Dems always want to blame someone else when bad things happen. My Real Estate career went down the toilet with Clinton in office and NEVER once did I blame the administration. I went from 80K a year to 7K a year, all under Clinton. But you know what, it was ME who had to change, and I made a career change. I am not at 80K again, but I am getting closer every year, as I work my way back up. It doesn't matter who is in office, it doesn't matter what the interest rates are, all that matters is my desire and drive to go find work. Yes, sometimes you have to move, as I did. But, I love where I live now, made some new friends, and am loving life.

Man I am so tired of the Democratic WHINE!!! And you all love to flame me! Why! Because I am happy and loving life!!! So who really is the loser here? Luri has even told my son that he wishes I would DIE. Wow, Luri just can't stand the fact that I am happy and enjoying life!

/applaud Alauradana
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:31 PM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Inmountains gets back on his feet post-Clinton era!
Old 03-21-2004, 04:55 AM   #10
Chiteng
Supporter

I love the way you both assume that there are 'lower' jobs available.
An interesting fiction that.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-21-2004, 07:54 AM   #11
Siilverain
The Wind Caller

Send a message via AIM to Siilverain Send a message via Yahoo to Siilverain
There are always lower jobs available. I find it's normally a matter of pride that stops unemployed people from doing something "beneath" them.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:32 AM   #12
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
MASSIVE unemployment
This made me laugh outloud. Good one Chiteng..your comedy knows no bounds...keep em coming.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:32 AM   #13
Chiteng
Supporter

I disagree. However, there is no point in taking a job, if you cant make enough
to survive doing it.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-21-2004, 08:34 AM   #14
Alauradana

Chiteng, there are lower jobs available. You choose not to take them. Get used to living the lifestyle you are living or make the changes and move on. If you have spent two years wallowing around in self pity, that is your fault, no one elses. Tell me what area you live in, online I could probably find quite a few jobs you or your wife could apply for. I am not talking your exact address--live near New York City, Philadelphia? If there are no jobs where you are at like you claim, then you need to move, I went from East coast to West coast, had to sell our second vehicle and some of our property to make that move, had to sacrifice alot, spent many years watching every dollar, living in a small apartment. You may have to give up and sacrifice. If you are waiting for a president to come along who is going to give you a job, make sure your lifestyle is what you wish it could be, then you will be waiting a long time. We just bought our house two years ago--we now have all the amenities we need and money in savings, all our bills paid off and I am proud of where we are. It really drives me crazy to listen to people complain who won't help themselves. I have an in-law who makes disparaging remarks about what we have and what she doesn't and she spent so many years claiming unemployment, running up credit bills and I have no sympathy. She is there because she likes the get rich quick schemes and likes to live a lifestyle she cannot afford. If your financial situation changes, you have to adjust. You can sit around and keep moaning about your tough luck that your wife lost a job, but sitting around isn't going to change it. You choose to not make the changes and wait to see if your luck is going to come in. That is your decision. It is not George's fault.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:48 AM   #15
Caelie123

Originally Posted by Chiteng
I disagree. However, there is no point in taking a job, if you cant make enough
to survive doing it.
Yeah Chiteng, there is no point in taking a job if you can't make enough. Ever thought a person might have to work two jobs till they can land the "right" job?

Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Don't tell me I am one of the fortunate ones. My husband got laid off 2 years ago making 75k a year. He took a job with the county making 32k a year. We had some lifestyle adjustments to make, but we made it. Believe it or not he's not even looking for that 75k job a year anymore. He is happy with the more relaxed 40 hour week vs the 70 hour week of nothing but headaches.

My son got laid off about a month ago making 15.00 an hour. He took a job the next week making 9.00 an hour. He is having to work 70+ hours a week just to bring home what he was bringing home before. He hates it. He goes in at 7am and gets home around 9pm. He also knows he has to do it until he can find the job making 15.00 an hour or more. He has a wife, a baby, and a house note.

Save your crap for your lazy ass unemployed friends. They are a prime example of why the homeless shelters are filling up.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:52 AM   #16
Chiteng
Supporter

How fortunate that your health is good enough to take two jobs.
Not everyone can say that. I certainly could NOT work 80 hour weeks.
I doubt I could work 50 hour weeks.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-21-2004, 10:53 AM   #17
Chiteng
Supporter

Ala whatever. I say there are NOT. I also find it tiresome to be called a liar
continuously. You dont know what the hell your talking about. You resist learning about reality because it shatters your world view. That isnt my problem. It is YOURS.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-21-2004, 10:56 AM   #18
Chiteng
Supporter

Trith, YOU try living here. Its so easy for you isnt it?
Easy to say 'get a job'
Easy to say 'jobs are there'

The word selfish is too weak.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-21-2004, 11:58 AM   #19
Caelie123

Chiteng I realize you have a job and you are standing up for the unemployed but, it's obvious you will come up with an excuse no matter what for the ones that wind up homeless vs the ones that choose to do whatever it takes to survive from one week till the next until something better comes along.

All I can say is people choose their own path. They can be part of the problem or they can be part of the solution. People with views like you choose to be part of the problem and thats not a problem fixable by the Government.

You can reply however you like, but it won't change the fact that you work and survive or you sit on your ass and go hungry. Pretty simple concept.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #20
Alauradana

Chiteng, what am I lying about? My life? I think not. So now it's gone from your wife is unemployed, now you have health problems, and I sure in the next few posts we'll find out more of life's travesties that you have. Is it Bush's fault you are not in good health? You call me a liar and then you post, "try living here", well if it is bad, read my post, get out! Move somewhere you can afford to live. I didn't say a second job had to be manual labor. You could work as a security guard and sit watching cameras for crying out loud. You can't get any easier than that, but you said it yourself, you apparently have a hard time working 40 hours a week, your wife works 0, so you better get used to your lifestyle, but don't blame it on anyone else, it is down to you, you just need to grow up a little and make that realization that your life is what YOU make of it and if you sit around waiting for other people to do it for you, two things are going to happen. 1) You are going to end up with nothing 2) people will start to think of you as a moocher as they are in this post where you complain that your lifestyle choices are everyone elses fault.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:58 PM   #21
Alauradana

P.S. I notice you won't mention the area you live in. I know this is because there are jobs there that I would be able to pull up in two seconds flat. As soon as that was mentioned, you jump straight into the, well I can't do another job.....blah blah blah. That is what alot (note I said alot, not all) the unemployed do. They won't take a job below them, or they won't consider working another job. I work with a girl who is always late on her bills, getting eviction notices and the whole nine yards. She could get a much higher paying job than what we do, but she chooses not to. We work in a school. Does she work summers? No, why should she? She just complains that she never has any money, etc. etc. I have had to bear witness unfortunately to too many people who moan about finances and do nothing about it. I know you can do something about it because like I said, I was there and turned my life upside down and got out of that position. The opportunity is there, people just can't be bothered to do it.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:32 PM   #22
Caelie123

We've been over this before and before and before. Bottom line is Chitengs wife don't want to work. He needs to wake up, quit living in denial and realize that she's pretty comfortable where she's at. She's been unemployed how long now Chit?

You still have a roof over your head, you keep making excuses for her and you can still afford internet connection. Things haven't gotten rough enough at the Chiteng household yet for her to really do what needs to be done. Maybe when you quit carrying the load she'll see the light! Why should she really get out and find a job. She's got you to make excuses for her and blame Bush for her not being able to find a job. You keep telling her that Chit. You're doing her a world of good. I guess you make promises to her that Kerry will open the job market for her.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:44 PM   #23
Chiteng
Supporter

No Ala whatever. I dont disclose personal info. However apparently people like Calie have infered where I live. If that is true, simply examine the
unemployment figures at the State office. There is no need to take my word for it. This town was 4 years ago a leader in the Nation. Now it is massive
unemployment.

No one here thinks of me as a moocher. =) They all know the reality.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 03-21-2004, 06:14 PM   #24
Alauradana

Ok, maybe you don't comprehend so well, I asked around where you live, ie, near NYC, not WHERE exactly you live. I have no desire, nor do I care where you live or any of your personal information. You have posted your personal information regarding your status on this board as an excuse to blame the current administration. I am responding to that, making a point. You already showed in my mind that it doesn't matter if there are jobs, you aren't going to work anymore than what you are, and your wife is not going to take any job she doesn't consider good enough for herself, so the whole argument is done. Your responses proved what I was saying. Your financial situation is your doing and no one else's. If the town you live in is so depressed, well, you choose to live there--moving is always an option. As Caelie pointed out, you have enough to have a computer, internet connection, and play eq so you aren't doing as bad as you claim, or you don't have your priorities straight.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:31 PM   #25
Chiteng
Supporter

Yes I have a computer link, the one luxury I afford her. Would be nice to take her out to eat or to a movie. I believe in marital vows. I said I would support her. It is the lazy man who bails, when the times get hard.

Surely since you are both women you can understand this.

Voltaire

French Priest