Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2004, 08:26 AM   #1
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Default Foreign Endorsements

Kerry's advisor said...

It is simply not appropriate for any foreign leader to endorse a candidate in America's presidential election. John Kerry does not seek, and will not accept, any such endorsements.
Kerry doesn't want to accept foreign endorsements, yet he will accept endorsements by an unknown foreign entity out there called "foreign leaders" when he said that they wanted him as President rather than GWB. Him using that as leverage is the same to me as accepting that as an endorsement.

Do you want foreign endorsements or not Mr. Kerry?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...rsements_x.htm
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:30 AM   #2
Caelie123

Well he did, now he don't, next week he will!
Old 03-19-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
kanibaal
korpse

Kerry is free entertainment, so sit back and grab the popcorn when ya see him on TV. Dont worry about him becoming president because he wont. I really feel sorry for the democrats this time around. I almost want him to win out of pitty and so that we can all sit back and laugh while he is in office.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:44 AM   #4
Ghie
G-Sharp

Location: Bounce around the country but have a tether in Nebraska
Where is the issue here.

Kerry said that he had foreign leaders say they wanted him to beat Bush.
no big deal here. No one is surprised that the world doesnt respect Bush after the WMD fiasco.

No where in the first statement did he say he asked for, wanted or accepted the endorsement.

For him to later say that such endorsements are not sought or wanted does not counter his earlier disclosure.
Ghie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:45 AM   #5
Jelceie

Him using that endorsement in a speech is accepting it.
Who deliver a kick which could shatter bones
Into the crotch of Indiana Jones
Who fell over on the ground, writhing in pain
As Batman changed back into Bruce Wayne
But Chuck saw through his clever disguise
And he crushed Batman's head in between his thighs"
Lemon Demon - USoUD
Jelceie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:47 AM   #6
Lurikeen
Freaky

You guys are laughable, at best. Kerry mentioning that some foreign leaders don't like Bush -- and wan't him out of office -- is not accepting foreign endorsements.

It looks like Kerry's statements were correct. Of course, the Republicans who called him a liar will never offer an apology.

I hope the Bush administration keeps pushing this issue. They are looking like fools for pressing this issue, while Kerry continues to talk about important issues like the failing job market and the economy.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:47 AM   #7
Cerulean

Send a message via ICQ to Cerulean
How?

Acknowledgement does not equal acceptance.
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:59 AM   #8
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Acknowledgement does not equal acceptance.
When you acknoledge something for personal gain it does...like Kerry did.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:05 AM   #9
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

If he thinks it doesn't matter. Or doesn't want them to endorse him. Why did he eve bring it up?

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:11 AM   #10
Cerulean

Send a message via ICQ to Cerulean
I love how conservatives are up in arms about a quote that has very few ramifications if in fact he is accepting the endorsement.... yet at the same time the whole 'Iraq has WMDs' by Bush sends thousands to war, spends billions and will take a decade to sort out. What's that quote about 'lies, damn lies, etc.'
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #11
Lurikeen
Freaky

Flub, I heard Kerry's statement on CNN. Kerry was doing the usual "Bush is so bad that..." routine. In this case it was, "Bush is so bad, that I know world leaders who want him gone, and hope I win". That is hardly accepting any endorsements.

The Republicans are working hard to spin this from any angle they can with the hope that they can throw Kerry on the defensive and begin to define him. It ain't working. The c0ns should be embarrassed that they are dwelling on a petty issue when there are far more important issues to debate.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:40 AM   #12
Flub Man

"I've met with foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly," Kerry said. "But, boy, they look at you and say: 'You've got to win this. You've got to beat this guy. We need a new policy.' Things like that."

That is a quote from John Kerry.

He raised the subject about being endorsed by foreign leaders. Foreign leaders wanting him to 'beat this guy.' Now he says that foreign leaders should not be endorsing him. Is that is the case he should not have raised the subject.

And I could care less that he said it. I find it funny that he said it. That Republicans are making a big deal of it. And now Kerry is kind of back tracking from it. It just shows how stupid both parties are. And how bad this campaign is going to be.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-19-2004, 09:48 AM   #13
Lurikeen
Freaky

Damn Flub! Do you understand the difference between wishing that a team loses, and endorsing a team to win? If the World Series ended up to be the Yankees and the White Sox, I would hope the White Sox win (just because I don't want to see the Yankees win it again!), but that isn't an endorsement for the White Sox (they could still suck)!

It is very consistent for Kerry to voice that some leaders want him to beat Bush; while at the same time refusing to accept their endorsement.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:00 AM   #14
Flub Man

Sure it is. And you love Starbucks coffee.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-19-2004, 10:06 AM   #15
kanibaal
korpse

Actually you are the one who is wasting time Lurikeen. Hitting f5 ever few seconds to get a response in.

I really couldnt care any less than I already do about what Kerry has to say. Did ya hear the sound clip where he wouldnt speak normal to someone in the audience at one of his speeches who asked him who these "foriegn leaders" were? He just dogged the guy trying to make himself seem so great with his "how dare you ask me that" type attitude.

All politics suck, Bush, Kerry, Clinton. It basically comes down to picking the lesser of the evils.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:16 AM   #16
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Kanibaal
Actually you are the one who is wasting time Lurikeen. Hitting f5 ever few seconds to get a response in.
Way to flame yourself! Think about what you wrote and how it makes you not only look like a tool, but a retard to boot.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #17
Ebino

This is actually a pretty funny happenstance (to me).

Kerry: Other world leaders have told me they hope I win.
Bush: Like who? How about some proof?
Kerry: No way. That wouldn't be right.
PM Mohamad: Well, I feel that way.
Kerry: Hey, wait, I didn't mean him...

One of the major issues Kerry has campaigned on is the perceived failure of the Bush adminstration to curry favor with the world at large. To wit, from Kerry's campaign website:

GEORGE BUSH’S FOREIGN POLICY HAS UNDERMINED AMERICA’S SECURITY. The Bush Administration has pursued the most reckless foreign policy in modern history, turning its back on a century of American leadership. A President with no experience has implemented a strategy of unilateral and pre-emptive war that threatens to America’s safety and prosperity. In two short years, the Bush Administration has squandered the goodwill of the world, alienated our allies, overextended our troops, and compromised America’s security.
While Kerry's earlier statement vis-a-vis the support of world leaders isn't actually an acceptance of their endorsement, it's certainly implied the he would do better at mending the American image. Given that, in what parallel universe is this story NOT relevant to the election?
Ebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:35 AM   #18
Alloranger

Default Omg

It's all the same no matter who is behind the desk in the oval office.

-Military has ALWAYS been Overextended.Period.
-National Security is ALWAYS at risk.
-Allies.....we have not had any true allies since Hiroshima(they used it on Japan, what would stop them from using it on us?)

As someone stated earlier,it all boils down to picking the lesser of 2 evils.
Endorsements or not,anyone willing to pay the bills or line a pocket will have a say of some sort with a candidate.Disagree with it if you will, but politics is politics.

Allorion
Alloranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:59 AM   #19
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

-Allies.....we have not had any true allies since Hiroshima(they used it on Japan, what would stop them from using it on us?)
There is this very small country that are allies with the US for a long time now, not sure if you ever heard of them. I think their name is Great Britain?
Old 03-19-2004, 12:56 PM   #20
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
As someone stated earlier,it all boils down to picking the lesser of 2 evils
No it boils down to picking a Republican leader who will continue to keep the country headed in the right direction vs. picking a paper democratic candidate who changes his mind on issues more than a 14 year old girl shopping at the Gap.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:41 AM   #21
bumbleroot

One can probably assume Poland, South Korea and Spain as well as possibly Italy are all wanting Kerry to win. These ELECTED officials are going to have a hard time winning re-election because Bush has sold them all up the river. Hence they want Kerry in there. Each of the forementioned countries has expressed second thoughts this week about Iraq.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 03:28 PM   #22
Caelie123

So is Poland staying or leaving? One day they feel misled and the next the leader says he will stay till the end and one day longer if necessary.

Originally Posted by Article
Speaking a day after the Polish government charged it had been misled about the threat posed by Saddam, Powell said Washington provided "full, candid and open information" with respect to the threat it saw from Saddam.

"Poland has been a good ally and a solid partner in the coalition and I am pleased that even though the president did make that statement, he said the Polish troops would be remaining," Powell said.

The national security adviser to Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski (search) said Friday Kwasniewski told President Bush that Polish troops will stay in Iraq "as long as needed, plus one day longer." Kwasniewski made the pledge in a phone call by Bush to mark the anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, the adviser, Marek Siwiec, told reporters.
Looks to me like Poland is staying.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114622,00.html