Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2004, 12:11 AM   #26
TyriaEM

Send a message via AIM to TyriaEM Send a message via MSN to TyriaEM
I stopped reading. Usually you save your lies till further so people will miss them or assume them for true, but this simply is not the case of what happened, and people like this insult me. I most likely will vote for bush this fall.
Okay, you're going to vote for Bush... however, he was the one who reported the weapons of mass destruction, then when they weren't found who was blamed? He said it, it was a lie by your definition... so did he insult you?

Sorry, not making much sense to me. But that may be because it's after 3am here
Old 03-20-2004, 01:21 AM   #27
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
It's kinda funny to note the differences in interpretation between people. I can see where that Dad said things to his son that he either believed to be true, or wanted his son to believe were true. On a few points, I see something very different, and would probably pass those answers down to my children.

Of course, I doubt that conversation was between a father and child. It's a good attempt at sarcastically shaming people into seeing something that the author thinks even a child should recognize. No manipulation there, though!
Old 03-22-2004, 04:14 AM   #28
Ghie
G-Sharp

Location: Bounce around the country but have a tether in Nebraska
So Ghie, what you're saying is people only join the military to get a college education?
No, what I'm saying is that people who can afford a college education rarely join the military as enlisted members, they go to college. For people who grow up knowing that they won't be able to afford college, the military is often their best chance at a good start in adult life.

The military offers an excellent chance to start a responsible adult life, anyone who chooses to join the military gets kudos from me.

When I was in the military as an enlisted member, I think maybe one in twenty of the enlisted had a college degree. Most people were joining the military as a stable job and good experience for later in life. I was kind of amazed at how many opted not to go in on the GI Bill.

Funny..I know quite a few middle class happy families that paid for their college with a GI bill and now hold down excellent jobs in the civilian sector. You seem to be a bit hostile toward enlisted personell...are you suggesting they are somehow "stupid" because they enlist and cannot go to college? Sure sounds like it.
Which Middle Class are you referring to? The average american homeowning family making $50,000 per years (Still an above average income) or the GoP Middle class of $200k to $450k?

The truly sad part is that when GoP goes on about how much the Middle Class has benefited from his tax cuts, they are talking GoP Middle Class while the people who are Average Income Americans assume they are the ones benefitting since they consider themselves Middle Class.

I would never call any enlisted people stupid so stop putting words in my mouth. I never mentioned an intelligence level. It takes more than intellect to attend college. A 160 IQ won't get you a degree unless you can pay for it or qualify for scholarships, which the intelligence doesnt guarantee either. I was enlisted for four years. About the only generalization I can say is that none of the enlisted people I knew came from families that would qualify as GoP Middle Class.

Last edited by Ghie; 03-22-2004 at 04:23 AM.
Ghie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:51 AM   #29
Misty
Do Not Disturb

A 160 I.Q. means squat if you did humanities for 6 years of High School and took a Physical Sciences degree, hehe.

Short poem:

Ne'er wonder, that there's wrong turns beyond,
even at the brightest dawn.

Everybody journey's to their Summer.
Along the way blue skies rise higher.

A golden Sun may so sparkle upon clear waters.
That the far sky rises over shore, sunny and warm, season without end.

But life bursts forth newly each a single Spring.
Beyond the dewy horizon, long ahead the Summer's days still lay.

Fini

Oop, toying with sentiment.
"The King has no clothes!"
Is this the right brand of child's logic?
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)

Last edited by Misty; 03-27-2004 at 04:26 AM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 05:40 AM   #30
bumbleroot

Israel happens to have the best intel on the terrorist groups plotting to kill Americans and our allies.
Just making sure you aren't linking this terroirst intel to IRaq- because there isn't any intel with a formal link.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 05:57 AM   #31
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Just in the news today: Israel has whacked the boss dog of Hamas, Palestinians are non-happy.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:51 AM   #32
kanibaal
korpse

Bumbler, I dont know what you are trying to get at but... Israel has the best intel of anyone when it comes to terrorist groups and what they are up to. So sticking close to Israel = more intel on who is doing what to attack the USA.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote