Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2004, 07:46 AM   #1
Lurikeen
Freaky

Default Absolute, sheer stupidity!!

Speaking in Islamabad on Thursday where he is meeting with President Pervez Musharraf, America's top diplomat said Washington will designate Pakistan a major, non-NATO ally, making it easier for the country to buy advanced U.S. weapons.

His announcement came despite U.S. concern about the recent nuclear proliferation row involving the founder of Pakistan's nuclear program.

Earlier this year, Abdul Qadeer Khan admitted he gave nuclear weapons technology to other countries.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapc...eda/index.html
Pakistan is country where terrorists, like OBL, hide out. Members of the scientific community in Pakistan have sold their nuclear secrets on the black market, and now the Bush adminstration wants to make it easier for Pakistan to buy our weapons?!?!

Right when you thought you had seen enough stupidity, along comes Bush with even more!
Old 03-18-2004, 07:54 AM   #2
coreyoli

You TOTALLY missed the whole point of Lur... You put a complete left wing, anti-Bush swing on the whole thing by taking only part of the article... Let's look at the heading of the article:

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan has launched a fresh offensive against suspected militants near the Afghan border, as U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell designates Islamabad a key non-NATO ally.
Then down a bit further:

On Thursday Pakistani forces launched a fresh offensive against suspected al Qaeda and Taliban fighters near the Afghan border.

Hundreds of Pakistani troops backed by heavy artillery and helicopter gunships raided homes in the nation's tribal region of South Waziristan, two days after a fierce assault in the same area left dozens dead.
Pakistan is putting forth an effort to fight terror...

I recommend reading the ENTIRE article, not just the first paragraph before coming here and slamming Bush!
coreyoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:04 AM   #3
Lurikeen
Freaky

Coreyoli, I didn't miss the point. It is you who have missed the point. Can't Pakistan fight terror with their own weapons? That isn't a left wing spin, munchkin.

They just had their leading scientist selling off their nuclear secrets. Do you really want to see our government risk selling our weapons to a proliferator of WMD?

Oh, yeah, I guess it is OK in this case, because Pakistan is the "enemy" of our enemies, so must be our friend!
Old 03-18-2004, 08:46 AM   #4
Felessan

Yes, Luri. They can utilize their own weaponry, though like any striving, budding power they wish to improve their arsenal. Remember they are constantly at odds with India, and will seek any chance to improve their abilities against them.

This is nothing more than a token reward for their support in the "War against Terror". Nothing more, nothing less. Im actually confused why folks are surprised about it. The US is the largest arms supplier in the world, after all.

Plus...this also reminds Pakistan who their "friends" are. India is not all that friendly to america, so this gives us another toehold in the AO.

My .02

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:55 AM   #5
kanibaal
korpse

India is only people that should be worried with this deal. Yikes.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:56 AM   #6
Lurikeen
Freaky

Yeah, you guys are right. Silly me! Selling arms to a country who has problems with even keeping their own nuclear weapons secrets from the likes of Iran and North Korea makes perfect sense.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:00 AM   #7
Felessan

Hehe, I didnt say it made sense. Just not surprised by it.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:16 AM   #8
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
I read the title on this thread and thought it was a post about the Democratic party presidential platform...

/wanders away
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:46 AM   #9
coreyoli

Yeah, you guys are right. Silly me! Selling arms to a country who has problems with even keeping their own nuclear weapons secrets from the likes of Iran and North Korea makes perfect sense
All countries have their run-ins with traders who want to make themselves rich by selling military secrets... Oli North for one example, or that other asshole who was in the news recently for trying to sell secrets to AQ leaders in a chat channel...

P.S. My nickname is Oli because it's the first three letters of my last name, and I've been called that before the Oli North issues... He soiled my nickname...
coreyoli is offline   Reply With Quote