Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2004, 10:15 AM   #76
Lurikeen
Freaky

Korast, why don't you name the "base for terrorism"? Please enlighten us all.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:17 AM   #77
korast

read the second sentence of my quote. Try really really hard to concentrate all your brainpowers into the second sentence. If you are successful, you might be able to read it.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #78
Lurikeen
Freaky

Yeah, well, Korast, apparently you are having a tough time comprehending plain english and the fact that I responded directly to you drivel pointing out that it is vague drivel at that.

Next time you want to propose an idea, why don't you prepare yourself to answer direct questions, rather than cry like a little school girl with a scraped knee when you can't answer questions.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:27 AM   #79
Ebino

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Next time you want to propose an idea, why don't you prepare yourself to answer direct questions, rather than cry like a little school girl with a scraped knee when you can't answer questions.

Irony, thy name is...
Ebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:35 AM   #80
korast

The only thing hard for me to comprehend in this post is the vast reaching maw that must be inside your head. You asked what the base of terrorism was when i had already clearly stated it IMMEDIATELY after stating it's what must be targetted. It is a wide base, but it is in no way vague. The fact that you still can not make it out and sit here attacking me when you have basically shown total ignorance to what i have said is proof that i was 100% accurate in asking if you are really that stupid.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #81
Lurikeen
Freaky

LOL, Korast you have some nerve crying about me attacking you when you fired off the first rounds. If you can't handle it, then don't start flicking shit.

I clearly stated that your "base of terrorism" is sufficiently wide so as to be vague. You are just tossing out the political jargon spoon fed to you by the Bush administration. You have no idea what a "base of terrorism" is, in this case.

I can't really blame you, since I don't think anybody knows what such a "base of terrorism" could possibly be since the "war on terrorism" is nothing but political jargon. Just as Condy Rice's statement that the war on terrorism is "broad". Politicians just love to toss around vague jargon so that they can never be pinned down on what they are saying.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:23 PM   #82
korast

Im not complaining about you attacking me, im just saying it shows your an idiot. Look up the word vague, but knowing thats too much for you i will slap down the full defination from dictionary.com right here for you:
vague ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vg)
adj. vagu∑er, vagu∑est
1. Not clearly expressed; inexplicit.
2. Not thinking or expressing oneself clearly.
3. Lacking definite shape, form, or character; indistinct: saw a vague outline of a building through the fog.
4. Not clear in meaning or application. See Synonyms at ambiguous.
5. Indistinctly felt, perceived, understood, or recalled; hazy: a vague uneasiness.

Lets go through these one by one.
1. My setence is easily readable and is clearly stated. I wrote that i believed 2 things were the base of terrorism.
2. Basically just read #1 again.
3. Again i clearly stated two nouns, and this one refers more to physical objects and doesnt apply to our context.
4. This is the one or #5 are probably the two you mean when you say vague. My application of the base forms of terrorism was clearly stated in the prior setence, they were described as what must be the ultimate targets to beat terrorism as it exists in the world today. As for the meaning, it is to inform you what i believe these targets are, and that i believe destroying them would in the end result in terrorism's defeate.
5. This is all you, I cant control how far someones ability to understand what i am typing stretches. And i must admit, i am wrong. I can fully agree that your undestanding of everything is "vague" at best.

I guess im owned by the dictonary. I appologize, half-wit.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #83
Lurikeen
Freaky

You were owned the moment you started typing out a post. Try getting an edjumedication so you can understand what type of political jargon you are parroting, at least.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:32 PM   #84
korast

I dont even know how to combat someone like this. Its utterly impossible that someone can be so horribly clueless. Help me, pls... someone stupid so they can communicate with this
Old 03-24-2004, 03:37 AM   #85
Kerryn

Originally Posted by Korast
I dont even know how to combat someone like this. Its utterly impossible that someone can be so horribly clueless. Help me, pls... someone stupid so they can communicate with this
Look. Step back from the post, realise that you've made a statement you don't truly understand and accept it. You stated that we must destroy the base of terrorism but you cannot answer where that base is in fact you don't even know what one is. If a time came when someone commands you to destroy the base of terrorism you'd stand there with a blank look on your face and you'd say "Excuse me Sir. Can you be a little more specific?"

The "base of terrorism" that you're referring to is not something wrote in big red letters over a secret bunker somewhere in Iraq. It's something completely intangible.

Is Spain a base of terrorism? Is New York, or London, because all have suffered from acts of terror. Not every Iraqi citizen is a terrorist, nor is every Afghani or Moroccan. You can't just fly in with a few jets and destroy the base of terror. The only people who talk about destroying the "base of terrorism" or those that stereotype everyone in the middle east as suicide bombing rag-heads, and advocate the destruction of them all.

Their is no base of terrorism. It comes from within the borders of ones own country.

/wave Xan
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:13 AM   #86
kanibaal
korpse

Yes terroist cells are already inside all the countries they want to attack but to attack their homes and to track them down where ever they are is more effective than just becoming a turtle and forgetting the rest of the world. We dont need extreme muslim fantatics to like us, we need them to respect and fear us. Attack them where ever they are with as many allies as possible while using the most advanced weapons we can find to reduce deaths of the innocent.

Clinton was a chicken shit letting Al Quaeda make America look weak and materialistic(which we are), so now we are having to deal with it.

If Spain and the UK cant see that doing all we can to turn Iraq into a successful democracy is one of the best things we can do to help change tension in the middle east then oh well. Also is shows we will go after countries with WMDs who hate us and our allies. Also it keeps the war on terrorism the way it is and not a massive multi-nation battle.

So what will happen when Spain and the UK are attacked? Will they go after those groups on their own or will they say "oh no we better put more funds into such-and-such defense fund to help reduce the risk of it happening again" or will they ask for the USA help? hmm.

Last edited by kanibaal; 03-24-2004 at 08:19 AM.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:33 AM   #87
Lurikeen
Freaky

Clinton was a chicken shit letting Al Quaeda make America look weak and materialistic...
How did Clinton pull that one off?
Old 03-24-2004, 08:36 AM   #88
kanibaal
korpse

By not going after Al Qaeda the multiple times they attacked us during the time he was in office.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:00 PM   #89
Xanthaar
Toon Army

So what will happen when Spain and the UK are attacked? Will they go after those groups on their own or will they say "oh no we better put more funds into such-and-such defense fund to help reduce the risk of it happening again" or will they ask for the USA help? hmm.
I would imagine they would do the same as what they've always done. Go after the terrorists themselves or better still, their leaders, should the available intelligence allow it.

Quick science lesson for some of you. The world revolves around the sun, not the US...
Xanthaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:08 PM   #90
Usna

"So what will happen when Spain and the UK are attacked? Will they go after those groups on their own or will they say "oh no we better put more funds into such-and-such defense fund to help reduce the risk of it happening again" or will they ask for the USA help? hmm."

They will probably do what they have been doing for the last 30-40 years or so, on their own.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:20 PM   #91
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Kanibaal
By not going after Al Qaeda the multiple times they attacked us during the time he was in office.
Here you go, Kanibaal.

http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/sh...7&postcount=24

You should work on knowing facts prior to posting BS.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:14 PM   #92
kanibaal
korpse

WOW OH WOW! So 9/11 was due to the fact that they didnt follow up on seeing if the 'go ahead' by the president was given to the CIA to kill OBL?

"If there was any confusion down the ranks, it was never communicated to me nor to the president and if any additional authority had been requested I am convinced it would have been given immediately," Sandy Berger said in nationally televised testimony before a bipartisan panel probing the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the worst in the nation's history.
And that is suppose to support your stance Lurikeen? Thanks for making my whole argument for me. Clinton did nothing or close to nothing to stop Al Qaeda.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:21 AM   #93
Kerryn

Originally Posted by Kanibaal
Well here's your chance to find out Kanibaal.

I have to say your post makes me laugh. You're asking what will happen if Spain are attacked as if completely unaware that they just have been, and they have done exactly what they have always done. They did not go running to the US for help. They will accept help if it's offered them, but since the US have decided that withdrawing from Iraq is a slight to them none has been offered other then a tentative gesture from Powell.

I have no doubt that should Spain request help from the US it will be granted on the condition that their troops remain in Iraq.

I didn't sit in shock as I heard about the attacks in America on September 11th. The truth is that we've become conditioned to it. I hated to have to listen to it because it's extremely saddening but let me tell you a little about America's stance on terrorism which is so often neglected.

Whilst America have undoubtedly suffered from the largest single terrorist act of the past century the number of people killed in America over the past hundred years has been less then 50% of the total victims of the IRA from the late 60's to the present. It's difficult to really get the numbers regarding bombings by ETA since unlike the IRA, who proudly claim their bombs, ETA frequently deny any attack took place. But what is clear is that both Spain and the UK have seen more terrorist incidents then the US.

A google search on "IRA Victims" will bring up litterally hundreds of bombings, shootings and other terrorist incidents in shopping centers, pubs, crowded streets, sporting events in Ireland and the mainland UK. That's to be added to the number of people who have been horribly maimed for their stance on Irish politics. Children have not only been collateral damage but they have been purposely targeted on many occasions.

Shall I tell you the support we were given? The help that was offered was collections, people knocking on doors and asking for money for support. Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been raised in support from America. Their was actually a goverment sanctioned charity set up.

Seems good until I tell you that the money was garnered in favour of Sinn-Fein and the IRA. That's right. For years people collected from American houses all the time asking for "support to help the Irish earn independance" and for years that money was thrown in buckets, even more so in areas with a large Irish population. And the US goverment knew it was going to Sinn-Fein and never stopped it.

So...with all due respect...thanks for your support.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:47 AM   #94
Usna

Kerryn, while I agree with everything you said in your post I would take issue with some of your comparative figures. From 1969-1993, 3284 people were killed during the troubles. This figure includes those killed by loyalist paramilitaries (ca 800 civilians) republican paramilitaries (ca 800 civilians) and security forces.

http://www.newint.org/issue255/facts.htm

This is just nitpicking but is worth highlighting without detracting from the point you made.

Republican groups were funded, overtly and covertly, from groups such as Noraid based in the US and also from Libya. Loyalist paramilitaries were funded from Britain (BNP and other ultra-right groups) as well as South African far right groups.

What is/was distaseful, apart from the above funding for muder gangs was the romanticisation of the IRA's cause by Hollywood in films such as The Devil's Own etc. This in itself, I am sure, would have added to the coffers of the IRA based on Noraid's fundraising carried out in the US as they played on the romatic ideal held by so many second or third generation Irish people who had absolutely no clue about the real situation.

The sad fact is that the real legitimate reasons for grievance (basic civil rights for the nationalist minority) which precipitated the rise of the IRA and others were lost or forgotten due to the actions of groups such as the IRA and INLA. They succeded in only making the situation worse and for the opposite sides to become more entrenched in their political views.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:47 AM   #95
Kerryn

Usna. One of the things that I found very hard whilst I was researching that post was a set number of victims that was easily collated.

The truth of the matter is that the atrocities have gone on so long it's very difficult to get a handle on who did what.

I did get the 3284 number but on another site, it seemed to indicate that these were the killings that took place in Ireland only. I cannot determine from the link that you provided if that is the case.

Yet another site gave me a number of approximately 3200 but suggest these figures dont include specific targetted execution style shootings.

Which means if a gunman walks into a pub and opens fire on the customers it get's reported as a terrorist incident. If a man walks into a pub, walks up to one man and shoots him twice in the head it's considered a murder instead.

However as you say, numbers aside none of this detracts from the fact that Americans are not the resident experts on terrorism ( as I suspect knowing your nationality that you know more then I ) and are not the "Big Brother" that most people on this board would have you believe.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:37 AM   #96
Usna

Kerryn, I agree, the figures for deaths arising out of the Troubles are at best approximations and it is often unclear if they include deaths in just Ulster or if England and all of Ireland is included. I could probably find another 3 sites with variations on the same theme. And yes, one man's kicking on a friday night outaside the pub can be construed as another man's paramilitary style punishment beating.

I did not mean to detract in the slightest from the main thrust of your post which I whole heartedly agree with and I hope that came across loud and clear in my original reply.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:08 AM   #97
Kerryn

Usna,..correct me if I'm wrong but you're Zin's brother aren't you?
Old 03-31-2004, 07:16 AM   #98
Usna

Indeed I am, for my sins.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:31 AM   #99
Kerryn

Say Hi to the old bugger for me then. And then get both your arses onto SWG!
Old 03-31-2004, 07:59 AM   #100
Usna

Haven't seen the fecker since Christmas, I moved down to the south coast. I will pass on your regards though he is coming down to me for Easter. Hmm will have to consider SWG had heard mixed reports.