Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2004, 07:06 AM   #26
kanibaal
korpse

Ares, do you really think your threats are that intimidating? Hey while you are at it, do you want my address so you can come over and we can fight in my yard?
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:19 AM   #27
Scalz

This may be a beginning trend of Political parties being voted out of Office. In a previous statement Tony Blair is not being looked on favorably in England and will have a tough time of being re elected. Georgie Boy will also have the fight of his life come November. I believe that if our agenda was to stick with hunting down terrorists, instead of settling old disputes. the U.S and its coalition of friends would be more favorably viewed in the International community( Obviously there are other factors to why George W. may not be around come January of next year).

It was terrible to see what happend in Spain, and I believe everyone needs to take notice that the terrorists are still here and they are just as influential as ever.

I hope the best for the families of the people that died in Spain. I hope they continue to suport our war on terror, but I understand there feeling of futilty of what has gone on in Iraq.

It was a terrible reminder of the world we live in today.
Scalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:47 AM   #28
Usna

Some of you really have no clue and it is frightening to listen to your don't back down to terrorists bolloxology. Do you really think the Spainards give a fuck

"what many Americans think about their cowardness (sic)."

at this moment in time? No, the fact of the matter is most likely the Government would have been voted out without any bombing occuring because they ignored the wishes of the majority of the people. 90% were against the war in Iraq. Democracy in action. These people are not cowards, they are angry, hurt and grieving.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:47 AM   #29
Maximus Faticus

Sure he does. America shares intelligence with them constantly.
We sure do. But the new guy really hasn't taken office yet, and announced that he was pulling out only hours after being voted in.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:58 AM   #30
Veo

America shares intelligence with them constantly.
Considering our president, America doesn't have any intelligence to spare...
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:03 AM   #31
Alauradana

Ares, let me get this, you start this thread, on a subject you know is heated, then you try and threaten people by saying fine, I am going to send this to someone who has lost family there? Hello, what a sick masochist person you are. If I was one of those grieving people, I would strike you off my list of friends right off the bat. You need your head examined. You started this thread because you know that people feel resentment towards Spain for suggesting they may drop out, and you think you will make them feel bad because you will forward their replies? Grow up and realize that in America, everyone is allowed to have their opinion.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:09 AM   #32
kanibaal
korpse

haha nice post Alauradana.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:52 AM   #33
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Hey Ares..you go ahead and do that Sparky..but you might want to have him jump in line behind the 3000+ American families that lost family to the 9/11 attacks, of which the same terrorists are behind. Make sure you ask him how he feels about his countries decision to lessen it's presence in the war on terror as well. I would love to know how he or you will justify choosing to not go after and bring to justice the people responsible for the death of his freinds/family.

I've said it before, and I will say it again..Spain is making a grave mistake, and sending a message that terrorism will be a legitimate way to make an entire nation tuck it's tail, run home crying, and basically piss on the memory of their dead by refusing to bring to justice those responsible. That's a very bad stance to take, because it's going to make Spain that much more vulnerable to future attacks.

You can plug your ears, shut your eyes, and scream all day long to ignore something, but that monster (Al Qaeda) is still creeping up behind you to put a bullet in your head, and acting like a child and refusing to face them doesn't work here.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:54 AM   #34
Trith

and you think you will make them feel bad because you will forward their replies
Makes me feel good..and I hope he does it. Maybe it will slap a little sence into the victims to not sit idly by while they make themselves targets for exploitation.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:55 AM   #35
Trith

Considering our president, America doesn't have any intelligence to spare...
I've been saying the same thing about your posts for weeks now.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:07 AM   #36
Xanthaar
Toon Army

Where have the Spanish people or the new leadership ever said they are no longer prepared to fight against terrorism?

The new leadership has stated that it wishes to pull it's consignment of Spanish troops out of Iraq. Not to stop fighting terrorists.

The two are not the same. Perhaps it is in the American mindset or the difference between them has became blurred, but for most Europeans, the two are seen as very different issues, as I have tried to outline in an earlier post.

In pulling out of Iraq, the Spanish government has listened to the wishes of its people and acted upon them. Now there's a concept!
Xanthaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:47 AM   #37
Trith

Here is an excellent article that pretty much sums it all up.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114289,00.html
Old 03-16-2004, 10:22 AM   #38
Lurikeen
Freaky

All this ruckus over Spain pulling out 1500 troops from Iraq is nothing more than the Bush administration politicking this issue to death.

First of all, what impact will those 1500 Spanish soldiers have on Iraq should they get pulled out? Nadda, none, no impact. The 1500 soldiers were mainly a sign of support to the US operations in Iraq by the former Spanish government.

Secondly, a new government is in Madrid. The new PM of Spain doesn't have to support the policies of his predecessor; much like Bush doesn't support many of the policies of the former Clinton administration. HELLO! That is not cowardice! That is called having a different view on how a country should be run.

Finally, I find the Republicans whinning about Spain's proposed withdraw from Iraq and their attack on the people of Spain as "cowards" appalling. It just proves that many conservatives are nothing more than a bunch of heartless bastards.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:12 AM   #39
Maximus Faticus

First of all, what impact will those 1500 Spanish soldiers have on Iraq should they get pulled out? Nadda, none, no impact. The 1500 soldiers were mainly a sign of support to the US operations in Iraq by the former Spanish government.
If it doesn't matter so much, why pull out?

Acutually for me it's not the fact that they are pulling out, but the way they are handling it. They could have slowly withdrawn, they didn't need to attack Bush, or Blair the way he did. He really needed to wait to gather a little more intel on the situation too.

Bottom line is he just didn't have any tact.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:24 AM   #40
kanibaal
korpse

They just know they can step all over the US and still have our support if the shit hits the fan. Kinda lame that people talk all their talk when they know we would support them in a heartbeat.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:31 AM   #41
Trith

It just proves that many conservatives are nothing more than a bunch of heartless bastards.
You are right Lurikeen, and I'm sorry. Let's just let Al Qaeda win, we can shovel the Spanish dead off the street and let's just be all hush hush about it..they don't deserve any justice anyway, I mean c'mon..they are Spanish..

It's sad when a foreign country is more concerned about the life of another countries' citizens than their own is...but then again I guess you don't understand the concept of concern and justice Lurikeen being that you are a liberal and all.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:51 AM   #42
Xanthaar
Toon Army

Thanks for going to the trouble of posting that link, Trith.

Having read it, it struck me as being maybe a little sensationalist and also being written by a columnist, is potentially more prone to bias. Personally, I prefer reports by the likes of Reuters etc, as they tend to be more objective. (Not that I am trying to discredit your source by the way, I'm just expressing my own preference).

Anyway, I did a little searching of my own, and here's an interesting article on the same, but from a different perspective:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?sf=3&click_id=3&art_id=qw1079342463669B215&set_id= 1

You might also note the following quote:-

Zapatero pledged his immediate priority would be "fighting terrorism".
I don't think this issue is as 'Black and White' as some may think. Not all the facts are apparent yet and as such I think it's a little harsh and unfair to be railing on the Spanish to the extent that some people are...
Xanthaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:00 PM   #43
Lurikeen
Freaky

Trith, what I understand is that the Republican party is using the misfortune of Spain solely for political positioning.

The new government in Madrid is doing exactly what any new government does, which is to set their own policies. That doesn't make them cowards.

The pro-war conservatives in this country are just whining because one of the members of the "coalition of the willing" has shown that they never were willing, but that it was a former government who opted to support the US apart from the wishes of their people.

Originally Posted by Trith
It's sad when a foreign country is more concerned about the life of another countries' citizens than their own is...
What a load of propogandist bullshit!
Old 03-16-2004, 12:17 PM   #44
Chiteng
Supporter

Spain pussed out. So what?
If we were not occupying Iraq, it would not be an issue.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #45
kanibaal
korpse

and democrats never use anything that ever happens to help push their agenda into our faces...

politics in general just suck.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:01 PM   #46
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Oh there is no threat, no baiting involved, nothing of the sort. But I was curious as to what my friend would say if he knew there was disgust for his country after two hundred people are dead. And I knew I could get such responses here. Isn't it lovely how I can rely on Trith, Caelie, and Zolmaz to spew forth idiocy on every topic?

but you might want to have him jump in line behind the 3000+ American families that lost family to the 9/11 attacks, of which the same terrorists are behind.
Two hundred, two thousand, it's two fucking many!! How the hell do you think you can justify your verbal abuse of Spain? Don't turn this into a "My national tragedy is bigger than your national tragedy" dick-measuring contest! Spain is reacting in its own best interest, and you call them cowards for trying to prevent more senseless death?

I don't get how you come by your skewed viewpoint.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:34 PM   #47
kanibaal
korpse

You dont even read the replies on your own thread with an open mind.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:06 AM   #48
Trith

and you call them cowards for trying to prevent more senseless death?
Nope, I said it was cowardly for deciding to ALLOW more seneless death..huge difference, but as Kannibal said it's obvious you haven't really read a damn thing here.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:32 AM   #49
Caelie123

No AresProphet, you don't read the replies. Trith was making a comparison that we have 3000 familys here where the majority support us going after and not giving in to terrorism. He wasn't saying our numbers are bigger, he was saying Spain may feel one way but here in the US most familys want justice.
You need to let your friend know that too!
Old 03-17-2004, 08:05 AM   #50
Maximus Faticus

Hey guys;
  • Pulling out of Iraq doesn't have anything to do with terror.
  • The Spanish president would have pulled out the troops anyways even if there wasn't a Madrid bombing.