Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
Kittenpurr

Default Terrorist Attacks in Spain

More stupid shit. sigh.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...plosions_dc_40
Venerable Eatbugz ~ 65 Beastlord
Kittenpurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:45 AM   #2
Xanthaar
Toon Army

And if things weren't bad enough already...

Arabic Letter Connected to Bombing

As odd as it may sound, I'm kind of *hoping* that this is the work of Al Qaeda. Otherwise it may mean that Et.A. are getting bolder and more organised with their own 'campaign'
Xanthaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:10 AM   #3
Lurikeen
Freaky

Ah, no worries Kitten, since Bush took out Saddam Hussein, while loosing focus on the war on terror, the world is a safer place. Although, Spain never has had such terrorist attacks. We can be sure that with Saddam in prison, Spainards are much safer today than they were yesterday.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:05 AM   #4
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Wow..tard of epic proportions in that last post. I knew you guys on the left would drum up another lie trying to somehow make this Bush's fault..I just didn't know you would do it this fast. hey..a tree fell in my yard last week, I need some help on tying it to Bush..can you write me up an article I can submit to my insurance company Lurikeen?
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #5
Ogmuk
Administrator

Actually Lurikeen, if al-Qaeda is responsible for the bombing then it was very likely caused because Spain, like many other countries, assisted the US with the war against Saddam. So they are in no way safer now with him in a cell than they were when that guy was sitting on his ass in one of his many golden palaces.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:13 AM   #6
Vireil
Disturbing the force

It has the hallmarks of an Al'Qaeda attack, multiple simltaneous attacks.... I believe they've claimed responsibility. I think the bottom line is that we are all just as safe as we've always been, just not as safe as we thought we were.
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:14 AM   #7
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

And the game of seven degrees of george bush continues.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:30 AM   #8
Lurikeen
Freaky

Ogmuk, you saw right through my sarcasm and got the point. Madrid has never suffered a terrorist attack, until they supported George Bush's attack on Iraq.

DubYah hasn't made the world any safer than what it was before. He is making the same mistakes the former Soviet Union made. The best way to secure peace is at the borders and through strong domestic policy. Attacking middle eastern countries, and then occupying them only results in more bloodshed.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:39 AM   #9
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Ogmuk, you saw right through my sarcasm and got the point. Madrid has never suffered a terrorist attack, until they supported George Bush's attack on Iraq.
Finally lurikeen finally agrees with the republicans that the war in iraq was part of the war on terror.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #10
Lurikeen
Freaky

No, I didn't agree.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #11
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Oh no? You just said and i quote Madrid has never suffered a terrorist attack, until they supported George Bush's attack on Iraq. this means you think the 2 were linked together, So yes you just agreed that the war in Iraq was a part of the war on terror. Yes you slipped up bigtime, just accept it.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:00 AM   #12
Ogmuk
Administrator

Well, bombings in Spain are quite commonly in the news here but they were never of this proportion.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:06 AM   #13
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Chuk, I don't know wheter to laugh or cry at your assesment of Lurikeen's position.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #14
Lurikeen
Freaky

I think laughter is in order, Vireil.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:19 AM   #15
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

page 22 of the left wing handbook, insult when proven wrong.
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:26 AM   #16
Lurikeen
Freaky

Chuk, you have proven nothing. Saying that people in Madrid may have been victim's of an al Qaeda attack due to their government's support of Bush's war in Iraq doesn't add up to my agreement with the Bush administration that the invasion of Iraq was part and parcel of the war on terror.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:29 AM   #17
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Chuk please keep your logic away from President Bush, we don't need another incident like this.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:37 AM   #18
Lurikeen
Freaky

I think the prez's pretzel was bronzed and can now be viewed at the presidential museum in D.C..
Old 03-12-2004, 11:48 AM   #19
Siafore

Luri,

Your facts are wrong on terror attacks in Spain. ETA has attacked numerous times in Madrid. The jury is still out on who is responsible for this attack so I do not know who will be blamed for this but in the many Spaniards I work and talk with they here do believe its ETA or ETA working with Al-Q.

I think you need to do some research on ETA before making that comment next time. I done research on ETA before coming to Spain.

Siafore
Espana
Siafore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:56 AM   #20
Lurikeen
Freaky

Siafore, did you happen to notice that I am speculating about the attack in Madrid? I wrote, "...Madrid may have been victim's of an al Qaeda attack." Take note of the words "may have".

As far as my earlier statement, "Madrid has never suffered a terrorist attack" I wasn't very clear and yes, the statement is incorrect. What I wanted to write is that from what I understand, Madrid hasn't suffered a terrorist attack of the sort that occured yesterday. However, I am just getting my information from the media which indicates that ETA is merely a suspect in the bombings just as al Qaeda is a suspect.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe...sts/index.html

I didn't realize that we had you, an expert on ETA, following the boards.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:49 PM   #21
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Woops there goes another theory lur. you batting a thousand today.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #22
Bleemus

Send a message via Yahoo to Bleemus
Im more concerned with the people who died of hunger and disease here in america this week than I am concerned about people who got bombed in Spain. Maybe if the US decided we were more important as its people than our foreign policies, we wouldnt have the problems in the US we have today. But were always so damn concerned with whats happening in someplece else other than here. Go feed a homeless person in your town. Repent, assholes
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:50 PM   #23
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Im more concerned with the people who died of hunger and disease here in america this week
Just curious , how many did die this week from hunger and disease in the US?

ps
the bomb is spanish made similiar to what ETA uses, so the al queada angle seems less likely
Old 03-12-2004, 09:01 PM   #24
Tuan00Dorf

Siafore,

do believe its ETA or ETA working with Al-Q
Curious, why do you say the ETA would work with Al Queada? There's a pretty big difference between a terrorist organization like Al Queada and a group that just wants to be its own country apart from Spain. From the little I know about Bosque via a history class it seems like the ETA is at least justified in their reasoning.

Bleemus,

Maybe if the US decided we were more important as its people than our foreign policies, we wouldnt have the problems in the US we have today. But were always so damn concerned with whats happening in someplece else other than here. Go feed a homeless person in your town. Repent, assholes
I've always seen it like this. Those that are homeless/on welfare etc still live in a free country. They have ample opportunities to make things better for themselves. I am in no way saying that is easy, it is probably very difficult. But they do have a chance to change and most likely even had chances earlier in life but made bad choices to put them in that position.

Comparing that to a a terrorist attack, it is in no way the fault of the victims. They are entirely innocent and something was done to them to put them in a position of needing help/mourning, whatever happens to be the case. I wouldn't call most homeless people "victims", I'm sure some are, but certainly not to the degree of terrorist victims and they DO have a chance to improve their lives.

Take the Iraqi people, victims of a terrible dictator. The people did not put themselves in that situation and we could help every single one of them with (basically) a single act of removing Saddam.

I think our country is much more willing to help victims abroad than those who put themselves in difficult situations at home. Personally I think that is the best choice and the most moral one. Victims anywhere before lazyness/self pity. What's wrong with helping others in the world, it's not as if we are more important than they are.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:38 PM   #25
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Bleefuck,
Im more concerned with the people who died of hunger and disease
here in america this week than I am concerned about people who got bombed in
Spain.
(1) Please tell us how many people in America died of Hunger this week??

(2) Now tell us how many people died of preventable Disease in America this week?

Tell us! Come-on bright-boy. Tell us.

Your parents should be proud of your ignorace and stupidity. Moron is not
even a fitting word for you, and pethetic would be a compliment to your education.

Answer the questions bright-boy. Fucking idiot.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote