Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2004, 06:40 PM   #76
Vulpes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Big Wonderful Wyoming
Posts: 140
my network example was dead on, but you apparently lack the required experience to understand network security and intrusion issues.
Really? People die getting network admin information. You should get paid more.

And what do you mean my thinking was linear? Did you not understand my analogy? For one minute, get into the real world, rather than in this "I hate Bush no matter what" place.

Not only were the sanctions used to enforce the UN resolutions on compliance
If you only do half your job, would there be consequences? I would like to think so. If part of the resolutions 'worked', then it's just ok to let the rest slide? C'mon Luri, you can do better than that.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:48 PM   #77
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Vulpes, it is you who needs to come into the real world. Your make believe Bush party is going to end and all you will have from it is a sore asshole. Unless of course you earn more than $200,000 a year.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:02 AM   #78
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Hmm... you wouldn't be prone to exaggeration would you?
Ooooo, you found one whole thread that didn't contain one of your almost 4800 posts. Impressed, I am not. Do you do anything other than cry "Wah! I hate Bush!" all day?
Originally Posted by Inmountains
Hey Wildane, if you want to start a flame war with Lurikeen, start bringing up dick's, he likes that subject, and sheep as well.
Dude, the last thing I need is the thought that this guy is fantasizing about my dick, too.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:28 AM   #79
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Wildturd, if you are so bothered by my post count and the content of my posts, why don't you just use the ignore feature?

You can't stop reading my posts. You are just a little imbecile throwing a tantrum because I wouldn't get into a flame war with you yesterday. Keep on posting little monkey. You might get what you wish for.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:01 AM   #80
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
To put this in terms you'd understand: ROFLMAO!!! My, our ego is certainly inflated, isn't it? I was never concerned about your post count, moron. You were the one who accused me of following you around and I pointed out that it is insanely difficult for anyone to not appear that way, because you have so many posts. Comprende? I doubt it.

Sheesh, read a fucking book once in awhile. Every time I address you I end up having to explain what I said, and I've never really been that good at babysitting. I could care less whether or not I got into a flame war with you; you aren't anything special. Now, you may continue with your "bush h8r" campaign, loser.

PS - don't mistake my insulting tone for me being angry; you are hardly worth getting worked up over.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:17 AM   #81
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Ah, I see, Wildtard. Trying to save face and appear to not care. Good tactic, but you already blew it when you responded to my posting. Glad to see I am getting under your skin.

Oh, and don't forget that little ignore feature, but you can't help yourself can you? You have to keep reading my posts and responding. Sure, you "buff" your self-esteem by thinking you are some how superior, when in reality you are just a flaming board troll like most who participate on these boards.

/yanks the little monkey's chain
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:21 AM   #82
Vulpes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Big Wonderful Wyoming
Posts: 140
I see another post from Luri where instead of addressing anything you just say "get into the real world". Answer some of the fucking questions tard. What little respect I might have had for at least listening to any of your ideas is going fast. You never say anything anymore, just bash bash bash nonsense.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:28 AM   #83
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Vulpes, what substantial questions have you offered? I see none. You have basically presented rationales just half a notch above the rantings of Zolmaz, which I have to inform you, his rantings are far more entertaining than the drivel you keep presenting.

If you think you have something of substance to debate, then let's see it. All I have read from you is "you can do better than that". You haven't offered a single argument or taken a substantial stance on the issues here.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #84
Vulpes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Big Wonderful Wyoming
Posts: 140
if Iraq couldn't fight back, who could? By your reasoning, Bush could only attack....us?
And what do you mean my thinking was linear? Did you not understand my analogy?
If, after 7 or 8 times you stay out till 3am and you don't get grounded, do you still listen to your parents threats?
Would these be countries that can be considered as 'able to fight back' ?
If you only do half your job, would there be consequences?
See, those little squiggly lines at the end are question marks. They, in the English language, make it known that the sentence preceding them are a question. Now answer some of them. They are simple, and necessary to make you THINK, before you just start typing. If you can answer simple questions, then you can debate issues.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:51 AM   #85
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Mitch? Is that you? Damn, the resemblance is uncanny.

Tell me, Lurikeen, where did I say I didn't care? I said I wasn't getting mad, I never said I didn't care. There is a difference, you know. Oops, forgot I was talking to you, I guess you don't know . The posts I make directed at you are there because it amuses me to see you continue to whine. And I never claimed I was superior. Try not reading between lines that don't exist, fruitcake. If you're going to flame me, the least you could do is flame me for what I say and not make anything up.

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
/yanks the little monkey's chain
That's so precious, sweetheart, but you are apparently just as compelled to post as I; apparently about 5 times as much, by my count. In fact, you said it yourself that you make all these posts to get a rise out of the "n30-c0ns", troll
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:53 AM   #86
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Vulpes, allow me to clarify something...
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
You have basically presented rationales just half a notch above the rantings of Zolmaz, which I have to inform you, his rantings are far more entertaining than the drivel you keep presenting.
Translation: he has no answers. It's just a pitiful attempt to dodge the questions.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:58 AM   #87
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Vulpes, thank you for demonstrating my point. Placing "little squiggly lines at the end" of sentences doesn't automatically create substantive questions. Let's take your first question for example:

"if Iraq couldn't fight back, who could? "

There is nothing in your rhetorical question but a vacuous point. You misunderstood what I had written to mean that Iraq was incapable of "fighting back". That wasn't even close to the point I was making. So why bother with your trifling question?

You don't seem to have a good grasp of the issues raised and as a result, you are prone to ask empty rhetorical questions with, what appears to be, hope that you look intelligent. Basically, you are guilty of the worst sort of imitation. You are asking questions as if you understand what is being written, when the questions themselves prove out that you haven't a clue. So why bother?
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:59 AM   #88
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Tell me, Lurikeen, where did I say I didn't care? I said I wasn't getting mad, I never said I didn't care.
Ah, he does care. How touching.

The posts I make directed at you are there because it amuses me to see you continue to whine.
/yawn

Next...
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:06 AM   #89
Ebino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 288
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
You don't seem to have a good grasp of the issues raised and as a result, you are prone to ask empty rhetorical questions with, what appears to be, hope that you look intelligent.
This has been bugging me for a while, so I feel compelled to ask about it now.

Lurikeen: Why is it that every time somebody disagrees with you, it's always because they don't understand and never because they just might have a different point of view?
Ebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:28 AM   #90
Vulpes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Big Wonderful Wyoming
Posts: 140
Good answers Luri.

You prove my point exactly. You can't answer the questions, rhetorical or not, because it disproves the points you were trying to make.

ou don't seem to have a good grasp of the issues raised and as a result, you are prone to ask empty rhetorical questions with, what appears to be, hope that you look intelligent.
What issues don't I have a grasp of praytell? You are the one who makes vacuous points and when someone actually wants you to back it up with any kind of sense, you just blow past it with some kind of name calling.

Political issues are REAL life issues Luri, and we must use real life examples to have it make sense....or we can all do like you do and flame and blame.



Vulpes
You are asking questions as if you understand what is being written, when the questions themselves prove out that you haven't a clue. So why bother?
Who doesn't have a clue? Please explain to those of us not as 'intelligent' as you what I don't understand. I think the problem is; I DO UNDERSTAND and you don't. You just 'think' you do, but can't actually explain it with simple 'rhetorical' answers.

Vulpes
I don't flame and blame
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #91
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Ebino
Lurikeen: Why is it that every time somebody disagrees with you, it's always because they don't understand and never because they just might have a different point of view?
Yet another empty rhetorical question.

/sigh

If you people want to actually debate issues, then you have to learn how to ask questions.

Ebino, you aren't asking a question and looking for an answer. You are making a statement, "Lurikeen, every time someone disagrees with you, your response is that they don't understand, when acutally they just have a different point of view".

I disagree with your rhetorical "question". Not only is your generalization false, but it proves that you don't take the time to actually read through my postings. You are focused on the negative side of my postings.

My disclaimer is that if you don't like what you are reading, then either stop reading, or stop complaining. The solution is really simple.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:38 AM   #92
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Vulpes
Who doesn't have a clue? Please explain to those of us not as 'intelligent' as you what I don't understand. I think the problem is; I DO UNDERSTAND and you don't. You just 'think' you do, but can't actually explain it with simple 'rhetorical' answers.
Vulpes, scroll up and take a look at your initial posting directed to me (post #55). I answered your questions and even linked up a Jane's estimate backing my point.

You simply didn't like the answers and started raising rhetorical questions in post #68. I answered you directly in post #70. You still didn't like the answers and you started to get snotty about it in post #77. I am not going to go around in circles with you. I have listed the post numbers where I originally answered your questions, so go back and read the posts again and see if you can actually provide substantive responses. You are just looking even more like a dolt than before.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:38 AM   #93
Ebino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 288
Ebino, you aren't asking a question and looking for an answer.
Really? Thanks for explaining the inner workings of my mind to me.

Actually, I was looking for an answer. I just wasn't expecting one. I am not disappointed.

Not only is your generalization false
I disagree, but I'm not yet bored enough to go thread-by-thread and count the number of times you've said things like "You're missing my point" or "You don't seem to understand". Here's a thought - maybe you're just really bad at making your point...

You are focused on the negative side of my postings.
What is the positive side of your postings? n30-c0n and bushiepoo? Yes, very constructive.

My disclaimer is that if you don't like what you are reading, then either stop reading, or stop complaining. The solution is really simple.
Likewise.
Ebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:45 AM   #94
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Ebino
I disagree, but I'm not yet bored enough to go thread-by-thread and count the number of times you've said things like "You're missing my point" or "You don't seem to understand". Here's a thought - maybe you're just really bad at making your point...
Ebino, your complaints are pretty inane and rather stupid. You have made your affinity for the right plain in your postings. I wouldn't expect you to agree with anything I have posted.

Also, if you take a look over your latest round of complaints, you should clearly see your hypocrisy. However, I am sure it is too painful for you to examine yourself and your own positions.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:54 AM   #95
Ebino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 288
Ebino, your complaints are pretty inane and rather stupid.
Yes, well, I reserve the right to voice them nonetheless.

You have made your affinity for the right plain in your postings. I wouldn't expect you to agree with anything I have posted.
Really? To the best of my knowledge I haven't weighed in with any political opinions recently. I do tend to be more conservative, but I am at odds with conservative ideology on a few major issues.

Also, if you take a look over your latest round of complaints, you should clearly see your hypocrisy. However, I am sure it is too painful for you to examine yourself and your own positions.
Not really painful, no. I'm reasonably well-adjusted, thankyouverymuch, and can handle a healthy dose of criticism from time to time. I'm confused as to where you view me as being hypocritical, though. Have I accused somebody of missing my point somewhere?
Ebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:12 AM   #96
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Ebino, just because you don't post your positions frequently doesn't entail that some of us will forget the content of what you have posted in the past. So, yes, we agree that you "tend to be more conservative".

Also, I would be one of the last people on Earth who would suggest that you can't voice an opinion. However, I am entitled to voice my opinion just the same, and have.

Concerning the "hypocrisy" bit... I don't think your original question was genuine. You were feigning sincerity in order to mask a complaint, which came out in your follow-up posting...

"Actually, I was looking for an answer. I just wasn't expecting one. I am not disappointed."

No matter. The nature of your original question smacked of insincerity. Don't be so surprised when others can see right through your tactics.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:13 AM   #97
Vulpes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Big Wonderful Wyoming
Posts: 140
Actually you didn't answer my questions Lurikeen, so I went to even simpler questions, yet you did not answer these either.

The only question you answered was whether Iraq was ranked 4th largest army, which it was I guess, but then you said that
4th largest Army" in the world means absolutlely nothing
so naturally I had to ask some questions as to exactly WTF actually does 'mean something'.

See, let's go over this again Luri. I make a point, you counter that point, I counter your counter point. It's called debate. Now when someone gives you point that you can't counter, you resort to flaming. Hardly a sign of intelligence.

An example:
Vulpes, you are assuming that the economic sanctions on Iraq didn't work, but they did. In fact, we all know they did now. So, I would say that 10 years was certainly enough time, since the sanctions worked.
So naturally, your point being that the sanctions DID work, when I assumed they didn't, I brought up FACTS! The economic sanctions were put in place to MAKE SADDAM COMPLY with UN resolutions, not some of them ALL OF THEM!
To which you replied:
Your thinking is very linear. Not only were the sanctions used to enforce the UN resolutions on compliance, they were also put into place to ensure that Saddam would not be able to rebuild his military to pre-1991 strength, or be able to obtain materials to develop WMD.
So you are saying that they only partly worked, and only the part that worked is what you cared about. You still have never answered how my thinking was 'linear' yet implied that yours was not. That question was in no way 'rhetorical' yet went unanswered.

As far as this:
You are just looking even more like a dolt than before.
I think any kind of poll like the ones that libs are so fond of, would find that over 48% of this message board thinks that you would far outrank me in looking like a dolt.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:20 AM   #98
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Vulpes
See, let's go over this again Luri. I make a point, you counter that point, I counter your counter point.
I tell you what, Sparky. You scroll back up to my original posts and deal with the content of them and show where they don't answer your questions. I answered you on the size and strength of Iraq's former military; I answered you on the sanctions. I have even told you why I will not answer your vacuous, rhetorical questions. In fact, the answer as to why your thinking is very linear is contained in the quote you provide above. Again, I am not going to go around in circles with you. Your lastest installment only serves to prove my point, dolt: which was, you didn't like my answers and you aren't able to comprehend the topic matter at hand.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:27 AM   #99
Ebino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 288
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Ebino, just because you don't post your positions frequently doesn't entail that some of us will forget the content of what you have posted in the past.
Okay, I'll bite. What have I posted in the past? Many months ago (before we had a Steam Vent) I expressed some opinions about abortion that were very conservative. Other than that, nothing that I recall. Does just disagreeing with you make me "tend to be more conservative"?

You were feigning sincerity in order to mask a complaint
I'm not even sure what that means. I used a question to make a point. That in no way invalidates the request for an answer.

No matter. The nature of your original question smacked of insincerity. Don't be so surprised when others can see right through your tactics.
If you didn't understand my intentions it wouldn't be a very good way to express my thoughts, would it?
Ebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:54 AM   #100
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
You'll bite? /boggle You agreed with me that you "do tend to be more conservative". So what's your point? That you aren't conservative in some of your points of view? That I have disagreed with some "liberal" viewpoints you may have expressed previously?

I'm not even sure what that means. I used a question to make a point. That in no way invalidates the request for an answer.
Yes, I know. Those sort of questions are called "rhetorical questions". When I pointed that out you pretended (feigned) to sincerely want an anwer, only to turn around and claim you didn't want one. Now you come right out and state you were just asking a question to make a point (rhetorical question).

I am through with this particular bent in the thread. You aren't going anywhere with your arguments.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.