Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2004, 07:16 AM   #1
bumbleroot

Default Bush's Real Problem

Bush's biggest problem is not just an issue problem. The damage to him is already done.
He has been painted as being too political. This message is part his doing and part the Democrats doing. It is his doing when he has a State of the Union speech such as he did. It is the Democrats doing when they point out the political moves he makes to benefit himself, but not the country.
His continued polarization of the electorate is hurting Bush and hurting him badly. The Dems are capitalizing on this and Bush is using this wrongly. He is a good politician but he has painted himself as a conservative and only that. That can not win a general election.
There have been some surprising numbers come out in some polls lately. 95% of people said their mind was already made up who they were going to vote for. Thats trouble for Bush.
Bush believes he can run a campaign trying to tear down Kerry, but this is only going to solidify the vote against him. Politics have changed since the days of Lee Atwater and Bush can not run a typical Republican campaign of culture and turning off the electorate. The election of 2000 woke up to people the need to vote. He only solidifies their anger when he tries to make things negative.
Instead, he needs to run on his own record because he has that record. Which brings us to one other question. If he has done such a good job as president, why doesn't he just run on his record rather than run against someone else? Because he has no record to run on.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
Caelie123

Bush has no real problems. Thank goodness for talk radio.
#1 people are outraged (yes, many democrats) that Kerry and the Dem's are spreading BS rumors about Bush and how he dealt with 9/11.
#2 Fireman are outraged that Kerry is sporting some so called firefighters in yellow shirts in all his campaign stops. This fireman from New York called in and said he don't know who those guys are or where they came from, but they are definately not representing the majority of firefighters across the Nation and certainly not representing the firefighters of New York. He said he has not spoken to one Fireman in New York that supports Kerry and they are on a mission to find out who these frauds are that Kerry is parading around with him. He also said they will definately expose this fraud before the November election.
#3 The economy. Well that depends on how you look at it. If you're a democrat of course you're gonna see the glass as half empty. If you're a republican, you're gonna see the glass as half full.

Kerry has his work cut out for him and he better find a way to campaign on the up and up.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:31 AM   #3
Caelie123

Here's an article for you to read Bumbleroot. Seems most people believe international terrorism is the critical issue this year. (Not the economy).
Kerry can't handle international terrorism.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113649,00.html
Old 03-09-2004, 08:41 AM   #4
Lurikeen
Freaky

Caelie, way to accept the spin.

The economy is the most important issue to most Americans.

http://www.pollingreport.com/prioriti.htm

Terrorism is important, but doesn't rank as high as the economy or education, in most polls.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:17 AM   #5
bumbleroot

Caelie, Bush I claimed to be a wartime prez. He forgot to run on the economy. Bush 2 is making the same mistake. Bush's problem is that he can't run on the economy because his tax cut didn't add jobs. So therein its his problem and he can not fix it by doing anymore tax cuts because trickle down just was proven to be ineffective.
Oh by the way, have you noticed the stock market the last 7 weeks? Its a stagnant market and actually has lost a few points. This also falls inline to what us libs claimed was a temporary boost in the economy. That money has all been invested already and nothing is to show for it except a weakened dollar and rising deficits. The private sector added zero jobs last month. There was a growth of 21,000 job in the government last month and that was it. Real problems for Bush and you may want to rationalize it away but being realistic even he knows it.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:20 AM   #6
bumbleroot

Oh, and as far as Bush's record on terrorism, please tell me again what he did before 9/11? He ignored the continuity of Clinton's policies to pursue his dreams of missile defense.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:21 AM   #7
Vulpes

Bush's real problem is stupid people that don't understand the economy or believe everything the see on a biased media. American people for the most part are sheep, or uneducated, or mis-educated. They still rule this country, and my goal in life is to educate people enough to actually think for themselves.

If you truly think that Bush would initiate a war on another country just for political gain, then you don't understand being a human. Few, very few people can contemplate cold blooded murder, and fewer still are those that can camoflage this mindset enough to make it to most powerful man in the world.

Most people, educated enough to think about it, would sit back and think that Bush was truly looking out for the best interests of his country. Those of you that think they can know more than the intelligence services of this country, are only deluding yourselves. If you think that the president can unilaterally attack another country and send US troops to engagement there, are very naive. I believe that congress voted on this? yes? and then changed their minds? yes? Even most idiots can predict the past.

As far as Bush being too political, he started his presidency bending over backwards to Democrats. Who wrote the education policy, with Bush's full approval and endorsement? Ted Kennedy. What good did that do Bush? none, the Democrats fucked him over first chance they got for his being too nice to them.

People need to think more, read less biased news, and learn to read between the lines, instead of just reading and interpreting what the reporters want you to see. THINK about it. Thinking is an amazing thing. So is the human mind, use it. In fact, use your own.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:43 AM   #8
bumbleroot

Gee Vulpes did anyone here mention that the war was started for political gain? Nope, not a single person said that. So stop making up shit.
And as far as the economy. There is no lie, there have been about 20 million people out of a job during Bush's presidency. That is a real problem for him. So spin it and believe in your tooth fairy politics but reality is speaking and Bush is falling prey to reality. Poor misguided fuckup.
Oh yeah, wait till history shows exactly what a poor president Bush is. When the 9/11 crap comes out and they show that Bush ignored terrorism wholescale you will begin to wonder exactly what he has ever done. Take that and throw in rising debts, suffering foreign relations, weakened dollar, lost jobs forever, there is nothing Bush has achieved other than getting us involved in a quagmire of his making.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:50 PM   #9
Maximus Faticus

The economy is much bigger then the president. There is only so much he can do.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:54 PM   #10
Maximus Faticus

Actually if you want to blame anyone blame congress.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:37 PM   #11
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

BUmblebuTt,
Oh, and as far as Bush's record on terrorism, please tell me again what he did before 9/11? He ignored the continuity of Clinton's policies to pursue his dreams of missile defense.
Bumble?,,
YOU ARE AN IDIOT..

How was Clinton's record on terrorism before Bush was elected?
I know! Do you?

Clintons pursuit was an attack on Iraq because he wanted to destroy
Iraq's chemical WMD's. It lasted 4-days.

Bush didn't ignore those policies. He finished what was started because of 9/11.

Your not really this stupid.. Knock it off already bumble. Stop fucking around.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:44 PM   #12
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

BumBleRoOt,
There is no lie, there have been about 20 million people out of a job during Bush's presidency. That is a real problem for him.
BumBleRoOt,
So spin it and believe in your tooth fairy politics but reality is speaking and Bush is falling prey to reality. Poor misguided fuckup.
Heh. I love it when the left gets so angry. Their like dogs that bark at acorns
falling off the tree's that PETA hugs.

*Falls off his chair* again

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz Zo'Boto (If my life was as bad as the poor, I would bitch alot also, But they have a COMPUTER) Not so poor huh?
Old 03-09-2004, 07:45 PM   #13
Tuan00Dorf

There is no lie, there have been about 20 million people out of a job during Bush's presidency. That is a real problem for him.
Bush: Please hire more workers, there are a lot of people out of work.
Economy: Sorry, we aren't hiring as much as you would like yet.
Bush: Oh, okay... well I can't force you to do anything, I don't have control over anyone.
bumbleroot: OMG F U BUSH! IT'S ALL UR FAULT ARBY'S WON'T HIRE ME!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:52 PM   #14
Chiteng
Supporter

If you truly think that Bush would initiate a war on another country just for political gain, then you don't understand being a human. Few, very few people can contemplate cold blooded murder, and fewer still are those that can camoflage this mindset enough to make it to most powerful man in the world.

However MANY people easily condone abstract murder or indirect murder.
That is the problem. All it taks is orienting yourself AWAY from looking at the
targets as 'people' and thinking of them as 'problems'

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:54 PM   #15
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Tuan,
..:: Quote ::..

..:: End Quote ::..
Bush: Please hire more workers, there are a lot of people out of work.
Economy: Sorry, we aren't hiring as much as you would like yet.
Bush: Oh, okay... well I can't force you to do anything, I don't have control over anyone.
bumbleroot: OMG F U BUSH! IT'S ALL UR FAULT ARBY'S WON'T HIRE ME!
They should call you fruit-loop instead of Cupcake.

WOW. 20-million? OMG!

I better change my republican status to Democrat QUICK! Only the Democrats
can save the world now. Maybe I should close my business to add a few to the
stats. Huh? Ya thunk?

This 20-Mil came out of bumble's ass. And You Tuan?--> are a usefull idiot.
Congratulations on becoming the new Usefull Idiot of the Steam vent zone.
*CLAP* HORRAY FOR TUAN, Our new usefull idiot demorcat on Emarr..

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:55 PM   #16
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Shut up Chiteng.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:58 PM   #17
Tuan00Dorf

Is that a good thing Zolmaz?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:03 PM   #18
Bleemus

Send a message via Yahoo to Bleemus
Hey as long as there is a bush in florida expect one in the white house. You think its a election?? Oh come come now. Its ok I know some of you still believe there is a real democratic process here. Its ok. Some of choose the Red Pill. (just throwing gas on the fire dont mind me)
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:16 PM   #19
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Bleemus speaks,
Hey as long as there is a bush in florida expect one in the white house. You think its a election?? Oh come come now. Its ok I know some of you still believe there is a real democratic process here. Its ok. Some of choose the Red Pill. (just throwing gas on the fire dont mind me)
The election is already fixed. You are correct. Don't even bother registering
because the election was already decided 13months and 12days ago.

Why do you think the Dems choose Kerry? Nobody wanted him. But he had
to be chosen. He was the worst one on the ticket. Edwards would have
devastated Bush in the general election. And us Repubs will not stand for that crap!

The election is fixed, you manbitch. Your vote does not count. Trust me. Complain all you
want and nobody will listen.

Our secret socieity of republican power remains in control of the WORLD!
HAAAhhaaaaaaHAAAHAHAHaaaaaaaaa THEE WORLD !! AAAHHHAAHqahahahaaah
*cough hack, cough cough, gag cough*

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Old 03-09-2004, 08:23 PM   #20
Bleemus

Send a message via Yahoo to Bleemus
ROFL!!!!

Actually it will be very hard I think to remove Bush from his seat as President, seeing how the past voter turn out has been towards war time presidents. Plus I as a democrat am not very happy with the choice of canidate this time and I didnt even vote for him in my states primary but he won anyway (virginia). Kerry keeps going on and on about killing the tax cuts/breaks Bush did and claims he's going to do it from the top end of the scale, meaning big buisness, but being a realist as I am, its usually the low end of the rung (blue collar workers) that get cut and thats where I sit being in a military family thats how these things really cut out. As far as the militarys vote goes this time, would seem from where Im at and what I hear that its sorta undecided. As you always have those who are upset they went to war or are upset that they got more than just a free ride into college as they planned, many I hear want Bush for 4 more years. I am to the point in this election that it is going to come down to the last couple weeks or the last couple debates before I can make a solid decision as to where my vote is going. I normally would vote party (as I was taught to do by my republican parents) but well, I voted party for Clinton Both times, loved it. Didnt vote for Al Gore, hated him. So....well....here we are...

Bleemus (your manbitch)
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:42 PM   #21
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Shut up Bumbleroot. Your drunk.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:35 PM   #22
Vulpes

However MANY people easily condone abstract murder or indirect murder.
That is the problem. All it taks is orienting yourself AWAY from looking at the
targets as 'people' and thinking of them as 'problems'
Can you do it Chiteng? I know I can't. I can kill with no problems in self defense, but even then, I don't think of them as 'problems' but as another human being that is out to take my life. And yeah, I sure as hell would have a conscience problem, even knowing I was in the right.

Poor misguided fuckup.
I think that is the dumbest thing you have ever posted. I can back up any statement I make, with facts, from a variety of sources, but all you do is whine, complain and spew forth anti-Bush shit that you can't back up. SPIN SPIN SPIN, make yourself feel better. I am not misguided, rather I THINK about everything, and try to do it from an OBJECTIVE point of view. Granted, it's usually a little slanted, simply because I disagree with many things to my soul. (PETA, Gun Control, Abortion) Even these things, if someone is willing to debate the topics in a reasonable manner, I still listen/learn. You should try it.

Even Lurikeen, while I strongly disagree with many of his ideas, can USUALLY at least make some points that are thought provoking. I have yet to see anything like this from you. It's just whine whine bitch bitch whine.

Oh, and as far as Bush's record on terrorism, please tell me again what he did before 9/11? He ignored the continuity of Clinton's policies
Yeah, Bush pulled his cock out of his intern's mouth "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". What did Clinton do again? oh yeah, sent tomahawk missiles in to Iraq to destroy his WMD capacity, then did nothing else. No follow up. Bush at least has the balls to do something, rather that let it slide so that he 'stay popular' Claiming Clinton did anything good for protecting the nation is BS. Kinda like China suddenly catching us in the missile technology right after they donated a ton of cash to Clinton...amazing coincidence.

Clinton was a 'keep em happy, say whatever you have to to keep people voting for ya, but don't upset anyone' president. And calling me a liar, over and over, with no support...genius.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:46 AM   #23
Ramesses Elliscer

Send a message via Yahoo to Ramesses Elliscer
Default Wtf

Would someone show me a link between Saddam and 9/11 or Bin Ladden for that matter.....And I'll stop my bitchnig about being in Iraq right now so that the prez cronnies can fatten up their pockets..All about money, and screw the soldier. We getting feed crap in this God forsaken country, and freaking Brown and Root overcharged for meals they never delivered to the soldiers, tired of busting my ass to keep yours safe and fatten up the cronnies pockets.

I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ramesses Elliscer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:57 AM   #24
Chiteng
Supporter

Can you do it Chiteng? I know I can't. I can kill with no problems in self defense, but even then, I don't think of them as 'problems' but as another human being that is out to take my life. And yeah, I sure as hell would have a conscience problem, even knowing I was in the right.

Easily. In fact I have DONE it. What do you think 'indoctrination' is?
When you join the army, its part of the job.
What do you think is going on in Iraq?

Abstract Murder == firing a weapon across the battlefield.
Indirect Murder == dropping liquid fire on helpless civilians.

In a earlier era, it was shelling indian villages.

US citizens are very good at piously killing humans, and then claiming they were forced to do so.

Nuking Iran? It would be easy. Korea? Easy.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:17 AM   #25
Caelie123

Sorry you're haveing a tough time in Iraq Rammesses. I can actually say you are the first person I have talked to that is upset about being in Iraq. All the soldiers I know over in Iraq or home from Iraq think we're doing a good thing over there. Some have to go back in June, but they still have positive things to say about what they're fighting for.

Hopefully you'll get to come home soon. You certainly don't need to be fighting for something you find disgust in such as keeping us safe. I hear it's bad for moral over there when you have a soldier or two running around bitching all the time.