Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2004, 12:31 PM   #26
bumbleroot

IM how childish. Bush was warned of a terrorist plot and took a month-long vacation. That is known.
Clinton did not get one continuous blow job while in office. He enacted more anti-terrorism actions (and they weren't reactive but proactive) than Bush ever thought about before the 9/11 incident. The only difference is he didn't have to go about screaming loudly how he did this because he was doing his job keeping America safe and not constantly using the threat as a political tool.
I told you to look up Bush's anti-terrorist actions before 9/11. He had 9 months to follow the path that Clinton had taken but didn't do it. His record was abysmal during this time. It was almost non-existent to say the least.

Here try some of this on for size and see who was really anti-terrorist
http://www.cnn.com/US/9607/30/clinton.terrorism/
Seems to me like your Republican buddies were intent on being anti-Clinton at the expense of our country. Fuck they country they say. Politics and party mean more.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:46 PM   #27
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

He was warned of a terrorist plot. What does this have to do with anything? I bet Clinton, Bush 41 and Ronaldus Maximus were also warned of terror plots. I bet everyday Presidents are warned of terror plots. You once again prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that your parents did not have any children that lived.

Clinton was proactive against terror? Then why did he fail to stop, the first Twin Tower bombings? The USS Cole? And the Kobar Towers? Why did he not get obl in his 8 years?

I think bumble wishes he was Monica. I bet you, unlike her, don't think Clinton leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:06 PM   #28
bumbleroot

Clinton took his warnings serious and subverted them before they became incidents like 9/11.
Start asking yourself how many things Bush tries to blame on Clinton.
Economy
Terrorism
Iraq

Hmm, I wonder what exactly Bush is taking credit for? In one sentence he blames Clinton for terrorism, then in the other he says he is productive on it. If its as big of a problem as he says it is, then how has he been successful?Its like everytime he says it is a problem he is actually shooting himself in the foot. Seems to me like Clinton kept America safe so no matter what you may say, don't blame Clinton for something that happened 9 months into Bush's presidency that he was even warned about. Take my advice and look up all that Bush did before 9/11 about terrorism. I laid it out on these boards before with Government documents. It was nothing. In fact he had proposed a cut in funding for it and an increase in funding for missile defense. He was so much into missile defense that if you can recall properly he abolished our accords with Russia on ICBMs. as well as other missile defense accords. That was his policy, not terrorism. Clinton kept the constant battle off of our shores because he stuck with it, not avoided it out of pure ideology.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:16 PM   #29
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

wasnt 9/11 the actual date picked on the anniversery of something that happened 2 years before on that day?
Old 03-09-2004, 01:16 PM   #30
Flub Man

How many terror attacks where done during Clinton's Presidency? Did he catch obl in the EIGHT (8) years he was President? Um, I can't hear you bumble.....Oh and if Clinton was so gung ho anti-terror. Why did he pardon terrorists?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-09-2004, 01:42 PM   #31
Lurikeen
Freaky

Here is a good read on whether or not 9/11 could be prevented: http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...333835,00.html

I think the following quote reflects what Bush's initial priorities were prior to 9/11, notice the bit about "missle defense".

For other observers, however, the real point was not that the new Administration dismissed the terrorist theat. On the contrary, Rice, Hadley and Cheney, says an official, "all got that it was important." The question is, How high a priority did terrorism get? Clarke says that dealing with al-Qaeda "was in the top tier of issues reviewed by the Bush Administration." But other topics got far more attention. The whole Bush national-security team was obsessed with setting up a national system of missile defense. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was absorbed by a long review of the military's force structure. Attorney General John Ashcroft had come into office as a dedicated crime buster. Rice was desperately trying to keep in line a national-security team-including Rumsfeld, Cheney and Secretary of State Colin Powell-whose members had wildly different agendas and styles. "Terrorism," says a former Clinton White House official, speaking of the new Administration, "wasn't on their plate of key issues." Al-Qaeda had not been a feature of the landscape when the Republicans left office in 1993. The Bush team, says an official, "had to learn about (al-Qaeda) and figure out where it fit into their broader foreign policy." But doing so meant delay.

Some counterterrorism officials think there is another reason for the Bush Administration's dilatory response. Clarke's paper, says an official, "was a Clinton proposal." Keeping Clarke around was one thing; buying into the analysis of an Administration that the Bush team considered feckless and naive was quite another. So Rice instructed Clarke to initiate a new "policy review process" on the terrorism threat. Clarke dived into yet another round of meetings. And his proposals were nibbled nearly to death.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #32
bumbleroot

How many terror attacks where done during Clinton's Presidency? Did he catch obl in the EIGHT (8) years he was President? Um, I can't hear you bumble
Hmm, seems to me the attack on the World Trade Center that occurred 39 days into Clinton's term resulted in an arrest of ALL of the suspects.
Seems to me that the Afghan terrorist camps were bombed by Clinton. Seems to me that NO attacks landed on American soil.
Let's also not forget the Anthrax attacks on American Soil which Bush mentions nothing of. What has become of that?
Wasn't it also Bush who said OBL is not important to go after? He did say that and if that is the case, how can u conservs even complain about Clinton not catching him?
Old 03-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #33
Flub Man

obl is still on the loose. He was responsible for the first World Trade Center attack, USS Cole and Kobar Towers. So no, not ALL the suspects have been arrested. You, once again, are a liar. You work for the NYTimes don't you?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 03-13-2004, 02:32 AM   #34
Ariakkas

technically, both DID happen on american soil, i would assume a US navy ship would be considered american soil, and US embasy's(sp) are considered US soil.

just because they didn't happen within our borders doesn't in anyway downplay what they were and the american lives that were lost. you don't count tradegy by the number of lives lost, you count tradegy by the fact that an american lost thier life. an attack is an attack, and a dead solider, like a dead civilian, leaves loved ones behind.
Ariakkas is offline   Reply With Quote