Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2004, 04:52 AM   #1
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Default The Truth (tm) about 9/11 Bush ad.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/editorial/20231.htm

Unlike my cohorts on the left I will be sure to mention here this is only an editorial, and therefore may or may not be 100% true (nudge Bumble, poke Lurikeen) so read this and take from it what you will...I think it speaks volumes about Kerry, his tard of a wife, and their entire hypocritical pot-induced campaign...

..that is..if it's 100% true..which I doubt..it's probably closer to 99.5%.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:03 AM   #2
bumbleroot

Unfortunately Trith, the idea that it is inappropriate isn't squarely on just the victim's families. There was a poll done and about 55% of American people said the images were inappropriate. What Mr. Editorial (of the NY Post- Rupert Murdoch's rag- you know he of Fox ownership) fails to speak about is the Firemen who complain because they use the image of a fireman in a coffin.
Using 9/11 is not the problem. Using dead people is the problem. Bush could have shown the image of him standing with the Firemen. He could have used his speech to the Country. Instead he chose to use dead people.
The hypocrisy of this is how he REFUSES to allow the press to use images of dead soldiers coffins coming back from Iraq. This also is part of the problem that people have about him. That he uses dead citizens images for politics but refuses to show dead soldiers to protect the dignity of them and their families.
Seems to me like the real hypocrite is Bush here. He says one thing and does another.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:25 AM   #3
Alauradana

I dismiss this whole thing as nothing more than nonsense. Just more crap thrown up by moveon, etc. Bumble the problem with what you are bringing up is that it is unsupported, you also fail to mention that the fireman who complained were specifically a group from Florida, who surprisingly had announced they were backing Kerry before they starting jumping on Bush. Puleeese, more political bullshit. But hey, it is ok to dredge up the Vietnam war now isn't it?????
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:57 AM   #4
bumbleroot

No, it is the Fireman's union. This is national.

The problem is clear. Bush used dead firemen for political gain but refused to allow dead soldiers to be photographed to protect their dignity. He is using a double-standard. Both are done for political purposes. Bush doesn't give a shit for anyone but himself anyways so if he says its good for him, he will do it and you dicksuckers fall right in line with him.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:05 AM   #5
Maximus Faticus

There was a poll done and about 55% of American people said the images were inappropriate.
Of course most who are anti-Bush would find it inappropriate.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:28 AM   #6
Trith

No, it is the Fireman's union. This is national.
Actually the Dems only have the head of the firefighters union in their pocket. The majority of NY firemen did not find the ad innapropriate at all. It's pure politics.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:59 AM   #7
bumbleroot

Remove yourself from partisanship and tell me whether it is right for any politician to use the image of a dead person being carried out of a disaster sight in a political ad. It is just classless. There were other images Bush could have used. He was important on this day and he is exploiting the dead for political gain in this case. That is just wrong.
People aren't upset about Bush using 9/11, it is the image of a dead person that upsets them. It is poor taste. As I said before there are other images Bush can use. I suppose you wouldn't be happy if he was using images of people jumping out of the towers. I can't see much difference with him showing a dead fireman's coffin then using people jumping.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:13 AM   #8
Caelie123

Bumble as I stated in another post, your Fireman theory isn't going to fly. Firemen in New York appreciate Bush. These fireman will soon be speaking out and letting it be known that they do not support Kerry or the frauds he carrys around with him on his campaign stops.

It has also been noted that the majority of families that lost loved ones in 9/11 are honored that Bush is using scenes in his campaign ad. It was real and they are honored that he feels the need to use what happened on 9/11 as a reminder to the American people.

The truth will come out and Kerry will be seen as the fraud he really is. Hmmm...where was he during 9/11 and how many times did he visit New York?

Last edited by Caelie123; 03-09-2004 at 06:37 PM.
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #9
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Ive seen these ads quite a few times and i found nothing inappropiate about using 9/11 as part of the presidents record. Look, this isnt a dirty little secret we want to sweep under the table. I live across the river , my upstairs window used to have 2 towers standing in the distance, on 9/11 i watched with my own eyes those 2 towers disappear. The scumfucks who did this must pay. I wont ever forget what happened that day and for Bush to not include 9/11 as part of the events that happened in his term would be the greatest crime of all.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:22 AM   #10
Trith

It worked for Pearl Harbor in WWII..what's wrong with it working here? Those who ignore that past are doomed to repeat it, and I think Bush is reminding us of that, and that if the nation elects Kerry, we would be doomed to a repeat.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:30 AM   #11
Lurikeen
Freaky

I really could care less about what ads are run, the content of the ads, and why. Both the Republicans and the Democrats will be running smear campaigns. I wish they would just stick to the issues.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:29 AM   #12
Alauradana

Dear God--I agree with Luri on his last post.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #13
Inmountains

Thank you Chuk, I couldn't say it any better myself. Innocent civilians being killed by a terrorist attack are NOT military men and women killed in battle. Even Fireman were fighting fire, not a war. Many people have forgotten the feeling they felt on 9/11/2001, time tends to do that. Bush is trying to remind the American public that these things have not only happened, but could happen again, and we need to be vigilant and prevent it.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #14
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
The vibe I'm getting here is that the Republicans think Bush is the only defense against the evil terrorists, that without him humanity is doomed.

Puh-lease. What is he, a superhero? No, this whole thing is a play directed and written by Bush's poltical advisors. As long as people are afraid of the terrorists, and you can portray Bush as the sole barrier between them and us, you win.

But of course, that leaves the fear element, playing right into the hands of the terrorists.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:11 AM   #15
Lurikeen
Freaky

Ares, Bush is a superhero because he has his own action figure.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #16
Caelie123

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
I really could care less about what ads are run, the content of the ads, and why. Both the Republicans and the Democrats will be running smear campaigns. I wish they would just stick to the issues.
Thank you Lurikeen for seeing the light For many Americans, what happened on 9/11 is a very real issue. I'm glad Bush is sticking to the issues.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:19 AM   #17
Caelie123

Originally Posted by AresProphet
The vibe I'm getting here is that the Republicans think Bush is the only defense against the evil terrorists, that without him humanity is doomed.

Puh-lease. What is he, a superhero? No, this whole thing is a play directed and written by Bush's poltical advisors. As long as people are afraid of the terrorists, and you can portray Bush as the sole barrier between them and us, you win.

But of course, that leaves the fear element, playing right into the hands of the terrorists.
There's alot of merit to your post AresProphet. At this time with the Bush Administration in office, I am not afraid of terrorists. If Kerry wins, then the terrorists win. That's when the element of fear will kick in for many Americans. Kerry could give 2 shits about the safety of this country.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:30 AM   #18
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Caelie
If Kerry wins, then the terrorists win.
OMFG!! ROFLMFAO!!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #19
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet

Holy motherfucker of shit...

Caelie, you've outdone everyone on this board combined.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #20
Caelie123

He who laughs last, laughs the loudest Remember that!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:45 AM   #21
Lurikeen
Freaky

Yeah, but she who is retarded now (you) remains retarded forever.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:46 AM   #22
bumbleroot

How so? You assume for some reasons of Republican spin that a man who had the balls to stand up to gunfire has no balls to take necessary action. I guarantee you that even Dennis Kucinich would have gone after the terrorists for 9/11. I can also guarantee you that we may have actually gone after them instead of the Taliban who may or may not have been the reason for 9/11.
Let's not forget that Bush is not willing to discuss the 9/11 stuff with investigators for more than one hour and he is the first American president to allow a full scale attack on American soil. So if he has done that good of a job protecting us, how come we have so many dead people because of it?

If Bush was really standing up for America he would have gone after Saudi Arabia and Pakistan as well instead of Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and we needed to resolve that issue first before any elective wars.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #23
Inmountains

For all of you keep blaming Bush for 9/11, remember this, ALL of the airline terrorist took flight training, and freely moved in and out of the United States under CLINTONl, and that over 95 percent of the planning for the 9/11 attack was done while Clinton was getting a blow job under his desk.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:11 PM   #24
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

he is the first American president to allow a full scale attack on American soil.
LOL!!! OMG!!! And I thought Caelie had the line of the thread. You want to show proof he ALLOWED it to happen? Or, like always, you get that from out off your ass. Granted I bet your head enjoyed the sunshine. But damn boy, do you have to show your ignorance everytime you spill forth on to this forum?

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:20 PM   #25
Lurikeen
Freaky

In all fairness, nobody knew that terrorists like al Qaeda were capable of striking America as they did on 9/11. Neither the Clinton or Bush administrations could have even made a fairly good guess, I think.

Having pointed that out, what Bush did post 9/11 in trying to ferret out OBL from hiding was a good show of strength, but then he lost focus on terrorism and went after Iraq.

I know some of you will argue that Bush is capable of doing doing two things at once, so he really has never been "distracted" from his efforts on the war against terror. Such an explanation misses the point I am making. The point is not being able to do more that one thing at a time. The point is where to focus limited military and financial resources in fighting the war on terror. Bush has wasted military resources, and billions of dollars, in going after Iraq (he could have waited until after OBL was captured to go after Iraq). America would have been best served had our troops and money been poured into Afghanistan and into real national security, like securing our borders.

After we had captured OBL, then Bush could have begun to focus on military solutions with regard to "rogue states" supporting terrorism.