Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #1
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Default 44,000 pounds of WMD stockpile found!

well no, Libya just declared they had them

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/africa....ap/index.html
Libya declares mustard gas stockpiles

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) -- Libya acknowledged stockpiling 44,000 pounds of mustard gas and disclosed the location of a production plant in a declaration submitted Friday to the world's chemical weapons watchdog.

Libyan Col. Mohamed Abu Al Huda handed over 14 file cartons disclosing Libya's chemical weapons programs to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, said general director Rogelio Pfirter.

The Hague-based OPCW oversees compliance with the 1993 international treaty banning chemical weapons, which Libya joined last month.

Libya also declared thousands of tons of precursors that could be used to make sarin nerve gas, and two storage facilities, Pfirter said. The production and storage facilities were near Tripoli and in the south of the country, Pfirter said.

The declaration was a major step in Libya's eliminating its weapons of mass destruction, which it unexpectedly promised in December, hoping to end its international isolation and restore relations with the United States.

In addition to cooperating with the OPCW, Libya is also working with inspectors from the United Nations' International Atomic Energy Agency to eliminate its nuclear weapons programs.

On Thursday, the White House lifted the ban on Americans traveling to Libya and said it would expand the U.S. diplomatic presence in Tripoli. It also said U.S. companies that were in Libya before the sanctions can begin negotiating their return, pending the end of sanctions.

Pfirter said the documents handed over by Libya "will allow us to certify that everything declared there will be destroyed and will never be used for any other purpose."

He added that he believed Libya's declaration was complete and comprehensive.

In the past week, Libya made the first concrete move to eliminate its stockpiles when it destroyed 3,300 bombs specifically intended to carry chemical payloads.

With international inspectors monitoring the weeklong operation, bulldozers crushed the shell casings to complete the process, which ended Wednesday, the OPCW said.

Pfirter praised Libya's cooperation with the OPCW since it ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention in January and became a full member of the treaty a month later.

"Not only have they joined the convention, they have been consistent in complying with it in a dynamic form. They have made an enormous effort," Pfirter said.

He said the Libyan development program and the production of potential weapons ended in the early 1990s, and the mustard gas had not been weaponized. "They were tested but not used," he said.

More than 160 countries are members of the treaty, including the world's largest possessors of chemical weapons, the United States and Russia. Only a handful of large countries, including Angola, North Korea, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Somalia, and Syria, have yet to join.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
Rheaton

Awesome deal. Take all of Saddam's WMD, stockpile them in your own country, then when the heat gets too hot, disclose them as your own. Nice plan... Btw, why else would Lybia suddenly want to make a disclosure? Were they scared? Oh, they now wanna be friends with America.. good.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:54 PM   #3
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Rheaton- you're suggesting that these WMDs are Iraq's???

Where do you come up with this shit?
Old 03-05-2004, 01:01 PM   #4
Inmountains

Hormashit, you probably think it is ok for Libya, or any country, to have 44,000 pounds of mustard gas. Whether it came from Libya, Iraq or Cuba, it's wrong and against UN Policy you idiot.

Keep working on your road to enlightenment, some day you may even be out of diapers.

Let's hypothesize for a moment. Let's say there is undisputed evidence that all that mustard gas came from Iraq. Would you Liberals then say Bush was right? Of course not. No matter what Bush does, to you imbecile's, it is wrong, because it is Bush. See how shallow and stupid that is?!? Oh, of course you don't, your too stupid to see that. That sort of reasoning is way over your heads. Here is the mantra of the left, "If it is Bush, it is wrong!" Here is the mantra of the right, "Don't give a shit who is in office, I am in control of my own destiny"!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:06 PM   #5
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Rheaton- you're suggesting that these WMDs are Iraq's???

Where do you come up with this shit?

God told him.
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:09 PM   #6
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Fuckwit
Hormashit, you probably think it is ok for Libya, or any country, to have 44,000 pounds of mustard gas. Whether it came from Libya, Iraq or Cuba, it's wrong and against UN Policy you idiot.
So when will you be protesting America's stockpiles of WMD, numbnuts?
Old 03-05-2004, 01:19 PM   #7
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Inmountains- I'm sorry when did I say it was ok for any country to have 44k tons of mustard gas? Please, quote me. But you won't, because you can't, so go somewhere private and eat a bowl of cock.

The reason I objected to Rheaton's statements is that they are completely unsupported by any publicly available information. If it proves to be true then I will give Rheaton credit as a psychic, but not as an informed individual, since there is absolutely no evidence available that even implies this let alone proves it.

Please die- I get no pleasure out of taking virtual shits on you and your horrifically low intellect and I think you would be far better off as life insurance money for your children to spend on deprogramming sessions so they don't turn out to be a knuckle-dragging retard like their father.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:19 PM   #8
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
So it's alright for us to have them, but nobody else?

Why?
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:53 PM   #9
Ulujain

Curious to know that as well AresProphet. Why it is a no-no for Iran to have nuclear weapons, but the US is the only country that has ever used them in anger.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:55 PM   #10
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

We are not stockpiling mustard gas, there is this thing called um the geneva convention and um becuase of it you now have to follow certain rules of war.

We have nukes but are decommisioning them as we speak. we have a military to protect us from all the fuckos out there who are jealous of the USA's freedom.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:06 PM   #11
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Why? Because we can. And nobody on this planet can
take them away from us.
Next.

We have all forms of bio weapons for testing and developing
antidotes for treatment of said chemicals. If anything
for the day when some ala-babbling idiot
decides to end it all by taking others
with them. Thats why they
must be found and desrtoyed.

Someone will always have the means to produce these weapons
and we must be ready. Good enough?

I would swear that some of these questions are from 4th graders.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:10 PM   #12
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Ulujain,
Curious to know that as well AresProphet. Why it is a no-no for Iran to have nuclear weapons, but the US is the only country that has ever used them in anger.
LMFAO. You obviosly were sleeping through class. anger.
whatever you say. Not self defence! no way, thats to easy.
Fuckin punks.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:13 PM   #13
Lurikeen
Freaky

Chuk, we may not be stockpiling, but the Army has 4 years to destroy our current stockpile. So we still have them around and available for use.

Army's plan for mustard gas resisted by Oregon
Friday, March 29, 2002

By BRAD CAIN
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SALEM, Ore. -- After getting a briefing from a top U.S. Army official, Gov. John Kitzhaber said yesterday he is not ready to embrace the Army's proposal to speed up the destruction of deadly mustard gas stockpiles at the Umatilla Chemical Depot.

Kitzhaber met with Assistant Secretary of the Army Mario Fiori for 30 minutes to hear details of the proposal that the 2,440 tons of mustard gas stored at Umatilla be neutralized with water instead of burned in a massive incinerator.

Kitzhaber described the meeting as cordial but said it didn't ease his concerns about the large amount of water that would be needed and about the "eleventh-hour" nature of the Army's proposal that caught Umatilla County residents by surprise.

The Umatilla Chemical Depot has completed construction of an incinerator to burn the chemical weapons and will begin testing it with dummy rockets in May. The Army stores nearly 4,000 tons of chemical weapons, including mustard, sarin and VX, in concrete bunkers.

The Army must destroy the weapons by 2008 under an international treaty. It is scheduled to begin incineration next February.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...ustard29.shtml
Old 03-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #14
Rheaton

Hey folks, I am just guessing here. Why would it be a suprise if Libya didnt help Saddam hide some weapons? Not only right before the U.S. came in, but years before as well..? Then the U.S. / U.N. start ge3tting close to the discovery and WHAM... they suddenly want to disclose all their WMD..... right.

Hey, if you toons can have your theories, I can have mine as well

Mark this thread.. When the WMD from Libya undergo a full inspection, and it 'gives the appearence' that they 'may' have been manufactured in IRaq... better believe they were.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:29 PM   #15
Ulujain

Originally Posted by Zoljizz
LMFAO. You obviosly were sleeping through class. anger.
whatever you say. Not self defence! no way, thats to easy.
Fuckin punks.
To fire something in anger is a euphemism meaning it was used in wartime or in active service. Showing your armchair expertise again, Zolmaz.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #16
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Why can't we just shoot the crap to mars?
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:33 PM   #17
Ulujain

What did Mars ever do to you?
Old 03-05-2004, 02:34 PM   #18
Lurikeen
Freaky

Rheaton, why not just claim that Libya was actually helping the US stockpile our WMD in Libya so that we could hide it from the UN? Such a claim is about as nonsensical as yours.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:35 PM   #19
Nuzum

44,000 pounds of mustard gas that equates to 75,904,000 ounces of mustard gas, lets hypothesis that you use 2 ounces of mustard gas per sandwich you would then be able to make 9,488,000 sandwiches,

WOW think about that you could take sally struthers and feed all of them poor little african bastard children for years on this crap.

WAY to go libia, solving the worlds hunger problems one step at a time.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:55 PM   #20
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Ulujizz,
To fire something in anger is a euphemism meaning it was used in wartime or in active service. Showing your armchair expertise again, Zolmaz.
What? Oh sure spin the word into your own personal meaning.
Now redefine the word Marriage for us.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zoljizz Zo'splunko
Old 03-05-2004, 06:34 PM   #21
Dalian Windbuilde

Send a message via AIM to Dalian Windbuilde
(Hormadrune)
Please die- I get no pleasure out of taking virtual shits on you and your horrifically low intellect and I think you would be far better off as life insurance money for your children to spend on deprogramming sessions so they don't turn out to be a knuckle-dragging retard like their father.
Was reading the boards today and came across this. Just FYI, Inmountains is my RL dad. I play a 65 druid, have a 4.0 GPA in school, and life is great for me. As you have stated before, my dad has informed you a little of his real life and just to refresh your memory: He has Bachelor and MCSE degree and makes a really decent income. I wouldn't call that a reatrded life, but that is just me. So if you would even think of calling anyone in my family "knuckle-dragging retards" then you need to "go in a corner and suck a bowl of cock". Or to put bluntly, "please die."
See how gay you sound? It's one thing when you can "converse/argue" with my dad, but when you bring me and my siblings into it, then you need to get your head out of your ass, as your tears are probably lubricating your shit, which you probably enjoy anyways. So, if you can't understand what I am saying, then read my fuckin' words, "Leave my siblings and myself out of rude comments like that please!"

/flame off (continue conversing with my dad)
Old 03-05-2004, 06:45 PM   #22
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Dalian > Hormasexual

KICK HIS ASS Dal!
Punch him in the nose on a cold morning.
*CHEERS*

Good kids Inmountains. *Salute*

See that libs? Thats called family trust. Something you hate.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:30 PM   #23
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
You and your family kicks ass Dalian.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:02 PM   #24
Nuzum

I used to respect inmountains till I found out he was an MCSE.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:43 PM   #25
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Nazsnot,
I used to respect inmountains till I found out he was an MCSE.
Isnt that a good thing Nazum?
Something wrong with people providing for their family?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.