Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2004, 01:36 PM   #101
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Flub Man
Marriage is not a right. It is a privilege.
Is that right? So, you would be perfectly OK with the government outlawing all marriages?
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." —Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:39 PM   #102
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!
 
Flub Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Geaux Tigers
Posts: 3,327
I really don't care if they do or not. I don't view marriage as something that 2 people in love have to have. If I love someone I don't need a certificate from the state to validate it for me.
__________________
Dirty Ol' Flub <retired>
My Sports Blog

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:43 PM   #103
Vireil
Disturbing the force
 
Vireil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 2,711
The state certificate doesn't validate/invalidate your love. It establishes a contractual relationship between two individuals, which provides benefits and legal remedies etc.
__________________
Vireil
Coercer
<Recovering>
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:44 PM   #104
tetsuoshima
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 35
Default not enough..

You know, i have changed my mind on this, thanks to you all for opening my eyes to the truth of it..we should not,we must not, stop at the simple denial of marriage rites...

all homosexuals are flawed and need our help, when a person exibits homosexual actions, they will be taken to a reeducation facility and given a chance to rethink thier life-choices...when on monitored leave from these facilities they will be made to wear a pink triangle on there clothes or an armband, so that the populace can be aware of them and protect themselves.

those that can conform with what we deem normal will be allowed to rejoin society...those that will not will be kept in special towns and housing complexes, seperated from us normal people... to protect us from them spreading thier lifestyle and corrupting our children...

in time the final solution will be found for the homosexual problem...


together we can make the world a better and safer place for the chosen of God...


Tet.
tetsuoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:46 PM   #105
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!
 
Flub Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Geaux Tigers
Posts: 3,327
I can go to a lawyer and have that person draw up contracts giving my GF specific legal rights. I do not need the state to do that. There were marriages long before there were marriage licenses.
__________________
Dirty Ol' Flub <retired>
My Sports Blog

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:46 PM   #106
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Flub, marriage is deemed a right, because it is thought to be morally improper to have sexual relations with another person out of wedlock. The government can't take away that moral expression without taking away rights.

Marriage is certainly not a favor or benefit extended to the public by the government. I really don't see how you could view it as such.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." —Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:47 PM   #107
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
Hey Tet..smoke another bowl and relax son..no one wants to take away your right to be a dukey chaser..we just don't want you applying for the benfits of marriage that you don't qualify for by trying to "marry" someone of the same sex..which isn't marriage.

If you want to burgle turds go knock yourself out..just please keep you blinds shut.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:48 PM   #108
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
the final solution will be found for the homosexual problem...
Jerry Falwell already found that solution. They should all be rounded up and put in camps for their own protection.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." —Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:49 PM   #109
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
Flub, marriage is deemed a right, because it is thought to be morally improper to have sexual relations with another person out of wedlock
No, marriage is a priviledge that a man and a woman can enter into if the circumstances are right (IE not already married, one in jail, brother and sister etc). Sexual practise has nothing to do with it..only the sexual PERSUASION of the two applicants..one must be male..the other female.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:50 PM   #110
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Trith
...please keep you blinds shut.
Please take your advice to heart. I pitty your neighbors who may pass by your open bedroom window to find you humping your neoprene Tinky Winky doll.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." —Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:56 PM   #111
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Originally Posted by Homodrone
it simply isn't humanly possible that in the face of mountains of evidence against the "natural" argument you would hold onto this viewpoint.
I would like to hear your argument as for it being natural. Proof, not what studies suggest, not what error ridden reports state.

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
you are trying to identify immoral behavior with homosexuality. Your claim is that homosexuality is intrinsicly (naturally) immoral.
I am not.. I am saying it is unnatural because it acts against survival of the fittest.
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:57 PM   #112
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Tinky Winky sex virtuoso
Sexual practise has nothing to do with it..only the sexual PERSUASION of the two applicants..one must be male..the other female.
Ummm... Trith you are still taking a beating with that retard stick. The point is that marriage is not something conferred upon us by the government. You are once again confusing legal contracts with the act of matrimony.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." —Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:02 PM   #113
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
The point is that marriage is not something conferred upon us by the government
Heh..then explain why you have to apply for a state marriage liscense to get married in the first place genius.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:04 PM   #114
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
Please take your advice to heart. I pitty your neighbors who may pass by your open bedroom window to find you humping your neoprene Tinky Winky doll.
I would hope that even the densest human knows not to have sex in public, gay or otherwise...although I think once again my faith in humanity is being tested.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:06 PM   #115
Vireil
Disturbing the force
 
Vireil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 2,711
Originally Posted by Dr. Doolittle "lover" of animals
one must be male..the other female
This is where you are missing the boat. As far as the STATE is concerned, Marriage is a civil contract. The STATE cannot restrict people from entering into a civil contract based upon the gender of one or both of the parties. If the state does do so, it is GENDER DISCRIMINATION, which is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
__________________
Vireil
Coercer
<Recovering>
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:07 PM   #116
kanibaal
korpse
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 796
excuse me if this has already been posted...

50% of gay males are born like that and the rest are sucked in.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:12 PM   #117
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Trith
Heh..then explain why you have to apply for a state marriage liscense to get married in the first place genius.
The license is a registration of the contract. From a sheer legal position you can call the contract anything you like, civil union, marriage contract, civil agreement, common law agreement, etc..

But, I think you answered yourself. You apply with the state to obtain a license. The license is accepted by the state only when you have a justice or a licensed minister sign the contract with you and your partner and two witnesses. In other words, you apply to the state for a marriage contract in order to get married.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." —Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:27 PM   #118
Vireil
Disturbing the force
 
Vireil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 2,711
Originally Posted by Flub
The Attorney General of New York is there to enforce the laws of New York. He has said that same sex marriages are illegal.

Prop 22, which states: “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” Was passed March 7th. by an overwhelming vote.

And until the DoMA is challenged it is the law of the land.
The NY Attorney General has only offered his opinion on what the meaning of the statute is.

You're right about California, and on top of that proposition, California Family law explicitly states that Marriage is between a man and a woman.

The question that remains is the Constitutionality of gender discrimination and the DoMA.
__________________
Vireil
Coercer
<Recovering>
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:02 PM   #119
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
The STATE cannot restrict people from entering into a civil contract based upon the gender of one or both of the parties. If the state does do so, it is GENDER DISCRIMINATION, which is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
That is not entirely true. There are many forms of discrmination which are perfectly legal. Minority scholarships, single sex clubs, single sex grants, non-coed education, tax breaks for female owned buisnesses in many areas, military draft. These are all alive and kicking Vireil.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:39 PM   #120
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
BAM! Trith > Vireil disease.

The libs enjoy this debate because it goes against the moral fabric
of our society. Look at how well the Passion is doing.

If they can steam one person it makes their day. Why? Because they
cannot stand for people to be happy, so they must upset the balance
at any cost.

Don't let these Liberal wanabe's get under your skin. Just humor them
and laugh about how miserable they must be with their life. I do every day.

Gay marriage will not be accepted and eventually they will turn to something
even more outrageous. But they seem to be running out of issues.



Rush described liberals this way,
If a liberal is making 40k a year and his neighbor down the street is making
100k a year, the Lib will dispise the neighbor because they have a better car
and a bigger boat. BUT,
If the neighbor was making 100k a year and is being taxed at 70% and becomes
miserable and literally takes home less then the Lib making 40k a year, There ya go.
The lib can understand the pain his neighbor is going through and offers
a crying shoulder. And they can be miserable together.


Libs hate prople that are happy and content in life. It's a fact that they
love misery. they thrive on it because if your broke and miserable you will
need them even more because they tax the hell out of the rich and
offer government programs to the poor with the money.


Misery is what the Libs thrive on. Just see how they reacted to todays
Bush commercials. There was not one negative tone yet they were Offended!



If making Gay marriages legal would piss off the nation then, they are all for it.
In case you havn't noticed it has made some in America pissed off as a first
reaction. But now it becoming calmer and they can't stand it. We know
they will not win, and so do they..
Libs have their moments.




GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:54 PM   #121
Usna
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 226
And here was me thinking America was the Land of the Free. I suppose some people are Free-er than others. For fuck's sake if two guys want to get married, let them go for it. What possible detrimental effect can that have on the fabric of a society?
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:11 PM   #122
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Not (a) society, American Society.

Maybe your not old enough to understand. If you would read the debates
you might have a better understanding of the meaning.

And I know they hate teaching American history in public school. In fact,
they don't anymore because it's not PC.

Read up. There are 3 threads on this. I'm not your social science teacher.



GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:16 PM   #123
shadowedspawn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Korea
Posts: 175
/em goes and grabs another bag of popcorn..
__________________
Shadowedspawn Hatebringer
Death Knight
<Ring of Destiny>


He who laughs alone at night does so in contemplation of his own evil.

"My name and dildos both brought up without my presence.
*tear*
My life's work is complete."
- Fanon sums up his lifes greatest work.
shadowedspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:24 PM   #124
Usna
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 226
Yeah there are three threads, every one of them as full up with narrow minded, intolerant bollox as this one. Oh and while you are at it care to answer the question rather than avoiding it? Or is that a bit too taxing for your limited intellect.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:34 PM   #125
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
I did answer your question,
I'm not your social science teacher.
If your to lazy to read up on the subject,
Don't expect someone else to spoon you.

Or is that a bit too taxing for your limited intellect???




GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.