Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2004, 11:53 AM   #76
Lurikeen
Freaky

/sigh..why do I feel like I'm back in grade school after every one of Lurikeen's posts.
Because you likely dropped out of grade school for being a failure there just as you are here, and like your teachers in the past I keep pointing that out to you.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:53 AM   #77
Rheaton

Viral, your 0 for 2..

S 15. Duty of town and city clerks. 1. (a) It shall be the duty of
the town or city clerk when an application for a marriage license is
made to him or her to require each of the contracting parties to sign
and verify a statement or affidavit before such clerk or one of his or
her deputies, containing the following information. From the groom:
Full name of husband, place of residence, social security number, age,
occupation, place of birth, name of father, country of birth, maiden
name of mother, country of birth, number of marriage. From the bride:
Full name of bride, place of residence, social security number, age,
occupation, place of birth, name of father, country of birth, maiden
name of mother, country of birth, number of marriage.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:54 AM   #78
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
And we have a winner...a man who is so dense he cannot even answer those 4 simple questions. It was a gimme man..yes or no..I tried to keep it simple.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:56 AM   #79
Vireil
Disturbing the force

No I'm not.... in the definition of Bride posted earlier, it contains the gender neutral "someone" about to be married. So it can be either a woman or someone. It's open to interpretation. Kind of like the various interpretations of translated scripture, funny how that works.
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #80
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]The Attorney General of New York is there to enforce the laws of New York. He has said that same sex marriages are illegal. [/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Prop 22, which states: “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” Was passed March 7th. by an overwhelming vote.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]And until the DoMA is challenged it is the law of the land. [/font]

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #81
Lurikeen
Freaky

Trith, you only reinforced what many here already know by posing those questions: you are an imbecile. Why don't you scroll back up and deal with the arguments I raised, rather than try to sidetrack the issue? Likely, it is because you can't deal with the issue of rights and you have to ask silly questions to avoid what is really being debated.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #82
Rheaton

Rheaton, the last time I checked people have specific orientations, or inclinations. You can't legislate against orientations without affecting real people.
Thank you. Yes, we can deny persons certain wants based on their sexual orientations (i.e. pedophiles, animal lovers, etc.) It does not matter if it is adult or consentual.. all that matters is that society can deny a person a right or privlege based upon sexual orientation.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
Old 03-04-2004, 12:04 PM   #83
Rheaton

Originally Posted by Viral
No I'm not.... in the definition of Bride posted earlier, it contains the gender neutral "someone" about to be married.
BAHAHAHAHAH!!! Dude, you need to work on those twist skillz bigtime! lol!!

Noun 1. bride - a woman who has recently been married
honeymooner, newlywed - someone recently married
war bride - bride of a serviceman during wartime
That 'someone' IS the bride.. the 'woman'! LOL!!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:05 PM   #84
Trith

I'm not trying to sidetrack an issue here Lurikeen, I'm just testing a basic premise: do you have a concept of right and wrong. Your refusal to answer is an admission that you understand you cannot answer without weakening your own position that gay marriage is somehow an acceptable "right" that is being withheld. There are some things that are just inherently right, and some that are inherently wrong, religious, natural, scientific..take your pick..it doesn't matter.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:08 PM   #85
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Dont be so hard on Vireil, being retarded is enough punishment
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:08 PM   #86
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Vireil
There's no stipulation as to gender requirements in the statute for people to enter into the contract.
Keep reading, Sherlock.
S 12. Marriage, how solemnized. No particular form or ceremony is
required when a marriage is solemnized as herein provided by a clergyman
or magistrate, but the parties must solemnly declare in the presence of
a clergyman or magistrate and the attending witness or witnesses that
they take each other as husband and wife.
Care to guess the definition of 'wife'?
A woman joined to a man in marriage; a female spouse

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:19 PM   #87
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Dictionary definitions are not equal to legal definitions kids. You'll see.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:23 PM   #88
Trith

yeah..cause legal definitions can be twisted to suit the needs of special interest groups so easily nowadays. Remember if you don't like the law or the constitution just go out and shit all over it, because you're special and your needs and petty desires outweigh everyone elses!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:25 PM   #89
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Trith
I'm not trying to sidetrack an issue here Lurikeen, I'm just testing a basic premise: do you have a concept of right and wrong. Your refusal to answer is an admission that you understand you cannot answer without weakening your own position that gay marriage is somehow an acceptable "right" that is being withheld.
Trith, you are so retarded that you make your fellow ass-clowns cry with laughter.

You are sidetracking the issue, since you aren't dealing with it and you are obviously asking silly questions.

Again, please defend your position that "marriage" is a "basic fundamental of society". What do mean by that? Is marriage a moral imperative? If marriage disappeared would society simply vanish?

Society seems to keep chugging along without "marriage" (Over 50% of marriages end in divorce!) and that is a point you bigots against homosexual marriages should understand.

There are some things that are just inherently right, and some that are inherently wrong, religious, natural, scientific..take your pick..it doesn't matter.
How is homosexuality "inherently" wrong? There you go trying to raise the argument that being homosexual is not natural. Otherwise, what else could you possibly mean by "inherent"? (As an aside, if you truly believe homosexuality is intrinsicly wrong, do you mean that homosexuality is part of the essential nature of some people? That is what "inherent" means, btw.)
Old 03-04-2004, 12:29 PM   #90
Rheaton

"No no no... I shall direct the topic here as I see fit.. thank you very much"

heheh
Old 03-04-2004, 12:34 PM   #91
Jelceie

"How is homosexuality "inherently" wrong?" - Luri

In the same way necrophilia, dandrophilia, pedophilia, and polygamy could be considered "inherently" wrong.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident" - U.S. Constitution.
Who deliver a kick which could shatter bones
Into the crotch of Indiana Jones
Who fell over on the ground, writhing in pain
As Batman changed back into Bruce Wayne
But Chuck saw through his clever disguise
And he crushed Batman's head in between his thighs"
Lemon Demon - USoUD
Jelceie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:36 PM   #92
Trith

How is homosexuality "inherently" wrong
By being unnatural, and absolutely 100%, abnormal. Any other questions sparky?
Old 03-04-2004, 12:41 PM   #93
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Congrats Trith!!! Using the "unnatural" argument earns you the Asshat of the Day Award (trademarked here, to be used liberally in the future). Seriously, go in a corner and punch yourself in the nuts for using such a pathetic argument- we've gone over this a thousand times. Abnormal- yes. Unnatural- not even close.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:43 PM   #94
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Originally Posted by Jelceie
In the same way necrophilia, dandrophilia, pedophilia, and polygamy could be considered "inherently" wrong.
With the exception of polygamy, your case doesn't stand since they don't involve consenting adults. Polygamy has other issues associated with it, but it's too far off topic to get into that here. Let's stick to the law and equal protection under the constitution.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:53 PM   #95
Trith

I saw two dogs fucking in the vacant lot next to my office last week. One was a male..the other was a female.

It's unnatural captain obvious..get over yourself.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:55 PM   #96
Vireil
Disturbing the force

New York and Oregon are among 12 states without laws explicitly defining marriage as between a man and a woman.
full story
Old 03-04-2004, 12:58 PM   #97
Vireil
Disturbing the force

One was a male..the other was a female.
The only way you would know that for sure is if you were there.

What is this board coming to? We've got self admitted pedophiles and now bestiality fetishists.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:58 PM   #98
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

You're not this stupid Trith. You couldn't be- it simply isn't humanly possible that in the face of mountains of evidence against the "natural" argument you would hold onto this viewpoint. Please- tell me you're not this stupid and you just want to get a rise out of me (omgz possible unnatural gay innuendoz!1!!). Otherwise you will have dropped to Rheaton's level regarding religious slop and Zolmaz' level of general intelligence in the same day. So sad
Old 03-04-2004, 01:13 PM   #99
Lurikeen
Freaky

By being unnatural, and absolutely 100%, abnormal. Any other questions sparky?
We have been through this before, but I will rehearse the fallacies you are making once more, with faith that it might sink into your dense skull and reach that single brain cell.

You are trying to identify immoral behavior with homosexuality. Your claim is that homosexuality is intrinsicly (naturally) immoral.

The problem is by what measure have you (and others) determined that homosexuality is not natural? And, since when are those things which are "natural" morally good or bad?

Tackling the answer to the last question first.... That which is moral relates to principles of right and wrong for certain behaviors. It is a fallacy to think that such moral principles exist in nature in and of themselves. For instance, a full grown lion chasing down a young calf and killing it is not immoral. A volcano erupting and destroying a city killing perhaps millions is not immoral. Natural occurences, or natural properties, are neither moral or immoral.

If homosexuality is intrinsic to some humans, it is no more immoral than a volcano erupting and destroying thousands. In terms you might be able to understand, there are no moral principles involved with nature. Thus, your premise that homosexuality is "unnatural" is false.

Now on to the first question I raised earlier.... By what measure have you determined that homosexuality is not natural? Observation of other species of animals certainly didn't tell you that. The idea that having sex is simply an act of procreation is false (since most of us can have sex just for sheer pleasure). If you are going to point to the "norms" of society, then you are necessarily measuring what is "natural" behavior against a majority, which is clearly faulty reasoning. (Not everyone shares the same features in nature. Your claim would be tauntamont to the claim that having red hair is unnatural because the majority don't have red hair.)

The only measure you could possibly be using are contrived rules. Likely those based upon Christian principles of what counts as "natural" behaviors. Some of those rules, at one time, permitted others to own humans as property, and beat their wives without penalty, for example. When these sort of contrived rules are found to be immoral, they are stricken from society. You are proping up such a contrivance and it is running up against civil rights.

So, once again we are back to the issue of rights. You want to viloate the rights of a minority based upon a social contrivance that is wrong.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:31 PM   #100
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

What right's are being violated? Marriage is not a right. It is a privilege.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote