Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2004, 09:13 AM   #26
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
but that does not mean that the law is not subject to challenge on constitutional grounds.
That's right..just like the challenges we are preparing against the states that are doing it.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:16 AM   #27
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

When is getting married a right? And why should my state that does not allow same sex marriage be forced to recognize another a marriage that is 1) illegally obtained 2) not valid by my states laws.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:22 AM   #28
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Flub Man
When is getting married a right?
When? The moment you honestly ask yourself whether or not government should be able to tell us who can and can't get married.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:24 AM   #29
Veo

When? The moment you honestly ask yourself whether or not government should be able to tell us who can and can't get married.
Apparently the answer would be only when you agree with the thick-skulled conservatives...
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:29 AM   #30
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Originally Posted by Really REAL Axis of Evil Member Brother Flub
And why should my state that does not allow same sex marriage be forced to recognize another a marriage that is 1) illegally obtained 2) not valid by my states laws.
1) The debate is still open on the legality of how the marriages were obtained.
2) Do you honestly want states to stop recognizing the laws of other states? In Oregon and Alaska there's no state sales tax. Legal residents of those states aren't required to pay state sales tax in any other state regardless of the taxes in that state. Should something like this change too? If so, what's next? There's a very slippery slope lined with banana peels waiting to get stepped on here.
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:36 AM   #31
Trith

Do you honestly want states to stop recognizing the laws of other states
Yes, namely California.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:44 AM   #32
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

The reason why we have state senate is becuase each state doesnt always recognize the other states. If everyone was in agreement then we would not need a state senate.

The law is the law, if you dont like the law lobby to have it changed like every other special interest group. If we stop abiding the law becuase we just dont feel like it then our civilization breaks down. You dont bully city offices to give into demands just becuase you really really really want something.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:49 AM   #33
Davek
Squawk Box

People who perform gay acts dont need to be married, you dont need to marry some dudes hairy ass to be accepted in society. whats next? gay boy scouts? gay churches? gay education in school? gay history month?
Word replacement is a fun game...let's play...

People who perform straight acts dont need to be married, you dont need to marry some chicks hairy snatch to be accepted in society.

whats next? straight boy scouts? straight churches? straight education in school? straight history month?

Oh wait, those pretty much already exist...well except for the history month...but then why take a month when it's pretty much everyday as it is.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:51 AM   #34
Veo

Question....

If the government legalized same-sex marriages, with all the rights and priveleges of a hetero, even having the marriage recognized by other states, but allowed the various religious institutions to determine whether they would or would not perform the ceremony and recognize the marriage, would that make you conservatives happy?
Old 03-04-2004, 09:52 AM   #35
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

You're right that is a fun game, lets keep playing.

People who perform pedophile acts dont need to be married, you dont need to marry some young boys tookus to be accepted in society.

whats next? pedophile boy scouts? pedophile churches? pedophile education in school? pedophile history month?
wuuuwuu~~~
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:56 AM   #36
Veo

People who perform conservative acts dont need to be married, you dont need to marry some young boy's tookus to be accepted in society.

whats next? conservative boy scouts? conservative churches? conservative education in school? conservative history month?
Old 03-04-2004, 09:58 AM   #37
Trith

If the government legalized same-sex marriages, with all the rights and priveleges of a hetero, even having the marriage recognized by other states, but allowed the various religious institutions to determine whether they would or would not perform the ceremony and recognize the marriage, would that make you conservatives happy?
Nope not all all. It's still unacceptable. No same sex marriages. It's not a question of religion, it's a question of the basic fundamental human understandings of society, boundries, and right vs. wrong. I could care less about the church's involvement here at all, what I won't have is government telling me I have to recognize two men as husband and husband or two women as wife and wife in a farce "marriage".
Old 03-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #38
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Ghie
There is no law requiring people to have a license to become married
Marriage laws for the state of New York

"In order to get married, you need to apply and receive a marriage license. This is the document in your state that allows you to officially tie the knot under the law."

And to get your license...

"The application for a license must be signed by both the bride and groom in the presence of the town or city clerk."

Next thing you know, people will want the right to marry their sheep.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:01 AM   #39
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Trith
it's a question of the basic fundamental human understandings of society
Could you explain where marriage is part of a "basic fundamental" of society? Please feel free to use documention to support your statements.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:01 AM   #40
Trith

Next thing you know, people will want the right to marry their sheep
Probably already have it in the Peoples Republic of California.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:02 AM   #41
ShardmoonVer.1

As an answer to Veo....... sure... I would be all for it... if they called it something other than marriage.

The question is, is the union between 2 people that love each other the point, or is it about forcing people to compromise their personal beliefs regarding homosexuality?

So whats it gonna be? A compromise or a holy war? You get what you want (legal recognition of gay unions).
Old 03-04-2004, 10:04 AM   #42
Trith

Could you explain where marriage is part of a "basic fundamental" of society? Please feel free to use documention to support your statements.
Anyone who asks for "documentation" to understand the basic fundamentals of society, cohesion, laws, and right vs wrong is a pure out fucking idiot Lurikeen. I won't play head games with you on this one..you either know the difference between right and wrong, or you never got everything you needed to learn from kindergarten in the first place.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #43
Lurikeen
Freaky

Trith, thanks for letting me know that you are pulling shit out of the air and stuffing it up your ass; in other words, you know jack shit about what you are writing about with regard to "the basic fundamentals of society".

Of course, you could always entertain all of us by trying to explain just what the hell you mean by "basic fundamentals of society".
Old 03-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #44
Veo

As an answer to Veo....... sure... I would be all for it... if they called it something other than marriage.

The question is, is the union between 2 people that love each other the point, or is it about forcing people to compromise their personal beliefs regarding homosexuality?

So whats it gonna be? A compromise or a holy war? You get what you want (legal recognition of gay unions).
The problem is with people like Trith, who won't compromise. Of course, there are liberals who won't compromise as well.

But liberals would probably settle for my proposed situation. But people like Trith still won't give that inch.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:11 AM   #45
Rheaton

Originally Posted by Wildane
Next thing you know, people will want the right to marry their sheep.
This has been my point all along. If we take away the people's ability to draw a distinction; if we put in place arguments that have no boundries, then we have established a free-for-all in law where there are no restraints and no boundries.

When liberals tell us "Hey, who are YOU to say what is right and what is wrong?" or if we 'allow' just this one instance, man and man - woman and woman, what is not seen is that our right to define as a nation and majority has been taken away from us. And here is the scarry thing about it... they just dont give a fuck about any long-term ill effects of this situation.. all that matters is that they get their way today. .. we will worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Then comes tomorrow and we have brothers wanting to marry sisters. We have first cousins wishing to get married.. Now thanks to the 'logical' and morally void arguements we accepted in the cases of gay marriage, we have no 'turtles all the way down' to stand on.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:11 AM   #46
Abrucx

What's right or wrong is a subjective thing. Some things are agreed on by a lot of people, but some aren't.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #47
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Originally Posted by Humbert Humbert
we have no 'turtles all the way down' to stand on.
That is correct. There are already no turtles all the way down to stand on.
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:20 AM   #48
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

You people bring amorality and illogical thought to a whole new level- When does the neo-con Christian right-wing conduct their mass-suicide like all good cults of fruitcakes?

I want to dress festively.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:24 AM   #49
Rheaton

What's right or wrong is a subjective thing. Some things are agreed on by a lot of people, but some aren't.
It isnt subjective to the larger majority..thats the point. When most everyone is opposed to gay marriage, it isnt a 'subjective' thing. If you have a few muderers out there thinking they are doing good, their judgement of right and wrong is not subjective.

We as a majority should be able to establish what we agree is right and what is wrong. .. but thats not the case here. What the left wishes to do is make it subjective so that arguement is out of the way...and there isnt anything else to argue over. ..they win, get their way, and move on to the next 'subjective' issue.

It is the majority's ideals of right and wrong that are reflected in our law books... but suddenly now we are answering to a 'higher plane of thinking' where we may not address issues as right and wrong.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:25 AM   #50
Veo

*nm*