Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #251
Everclear

Letting gays marry wont hurt anyone but it gives the green light to more sickos out there to promote their perverted agendas

Nice job here. I suppose we should cut off the hands of innocent people, because thieves out there might steal. Or maybe we should castrate men, to scare possible rapist out there. Or maybe we should DECLARE WAR to PREVENT PEOPLE FROM THINKING ABOUT DECLARING WAR ON US.... OMG THEY MIGHT EVEN HAVE WMD!

-idiot
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:08 AM   #252
Veo

Hell, we should stop heterosexuals from reproducing in general, because the planet might become overpopulated.

License to fuck, patent pending.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:20 AM   #253
Nuzum

with the rate china and india are populating the earth will become a cess pool, china and india are years behind every other country in basic services (roads, waterways, power, etc.)

I can't wait to see what happens when they get to the same level as us and start polluting like a motherfucker.

kyoto agreement my ass.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #254
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Or maybe we should castrate men, to scare possible rapist out there.
Why do I have a feeling you would actually like this?
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:57 AM   #255
Ghie
G-Sharp

Location: Bounce around the country but have a tether in Nebraska
This issue is pretty much a perfect example of the differences between the democratic and republican mindsets:

A Republican looks at the world and thinks that everyone should think like they do, in fact they may believe they already do. They cannot even imagine how anyone can think differently without being wrong. Republicans support low taxes because their egocentric mindset allows for enough greed to drive them to make so much money that their taxes are significant.

Democrats understand that we are a nation of many people, not just ourselves. They realize that they may not always agree with everyone else but everyone else should have a fair say. Democrats tend to be less selfish and thus are not so driven by income to seek the high paying jobs in life and frequently fall below the taxable income levels so they don't really care about tax cuts.

The average republican is not gay and therefore assumes that anyone who is gay is wrong. Lacking any evidence besides their opinions, they fall back on morality, though morality is, when not religious, a matter of public opinion.

The average democrat is not gay but understands that not everyone is like they are and they should not be judgemental of people who are different. Though they may find the sexual acts of homosexuals repulsive, they realize that they will never have to take part or even witness them. They don't try to impose their personal tastes on everyone around them, though.

Honestly, most men do think homosexual sex is disgusting. But I think fat people having sex is disgusting too. But, I don't try to illegalize fat people's private lives. Come to think of it, ugly people having sex is a bit of a turn off too...

If it is already illegal, then no; gay people should not get married until they can change the laws.

But in places like california where the laws are clearly unconstitutional or where there are no laws prohibiting gay marriage, it is legal and should be respected as such.

It would make a bit of a mess to illegalize gay marriage now. There are now half a dozen places to go in the country to get married if you are gay where there is no legal opposition. The only way to stop it is to pass a law making it illegal or a constitutional amendment...

However, in the USA, we cannot make a law that is 'ex post facto' or after the fact. Any marriages performed prior to an anti-gay marriage law passing in a place where they are currently legal by default, cannot invalidate existing marriages.

If homosexuality were completely legal and recognized it would disappear from public view. No longer would we hear 'We're here, we're queer...' There are currently a dozen or so TV shows with gay regular characters and at least three where the primary characters are gay. This is only true because the issue is hot and controversial. It will be like any other minority on TV A few years after total legal acceptance the only place to find gay television will be on a gay tv channel or fox.

The united states has never backtracked on civil rights or issues of expanding what is considered moral, though usually we are pretty slow to become open minded on anything. (We are among the most morally tight assed democracies in the world).
Ghie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:46 PM   #256
Caelie123

LOL....Great spin job in support of the liberals Ghie. We could certainly change that 1st paragraph to say the Democrats look at the world and thinks that everyone should think like they do, in fact they may believe they already do. They cannot even imagine how anyone can think differently without being wrong. Democrats support high taxes because their egocentric mindset actually hate rich people which drives them to wishing the tax rate on the rich was so high it would force them into bankruptcy, then the tax's of the rich could support all the loosers in America.

I like my spin better
Old 03-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #257
Jelceie

"However, in the USA, we cannot make a law that is 'ex post facto' or after the fact. Any marriages performed prior to an anti-gay marriage law passing in a place where they are currently legal by default, cannot invalidate existing marriages."

The courts could declare the acts unconstitutional.
Who deliver a kick which could shatter bones
Into the crotch of Indiana Jones
Who fell over on the ground, writhing in pain
As Batman changed back into Bruce Wayne
But Chuck saw through his clever disguise
And he crushed Batman's head in between his thighs"
Lemon Demon - USoUD
Jelceie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:08 PM   #258
ShardmoonVer.1

That was an impressive generalization there, Ghie. Obviously written from a Democrats point of view, but still very impressive.

Republicans believe every one should think like they do? Nah, I think most are more than happy to live and let live. I would agree that they are resistant to being told what is and what isnt acceptable to them on a personal level. Live and let live doesnt mean support.

The second generalization is so general I am not sure how to even address it. Are you saying that Republicans are moral? Are you saying they try and impose their morality on others? If so, I would have to agree with you. Any time a social issue is brought into the political arena, morality comes into question. Its sort of the whole point of the democratic process.

I am impressed that you could call some thing disgusting and in the same paragraph defend it. Thats shows a very open mind indeed. It sums up a point of view nicely. Anything goes unless it effects you personally. I sort of wish I had that kind of social detatchment
Old 03-09-2004, 08:59 AM   #259
Vulpes

They realize that they may not always agree with everyone else but everyone else should have a fair say.
I agree with that. Everyone should have a fair say, which means MAJORITY RULES. Right? Because if my say=your say, and there is more of me than you, then that is correct? The problem lies in the fact that so many minority fringe groups want their say=majority say. Much like civil rights, when the MAJORITY of Americans feel that civil rights are morally right, then things will change. Forcing comformation to minority view points is not giving everyone a fair say at all.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote