Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2004, 03:22 AM   #226
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
I posted that I believe, based on studies, that pedophilia and zoophilia are control issues not sexual issues, similiar to rape.
Yeah, and there were "studies" that "proved" blacks were sub-human too... not every study is actual science. This is not news to anyone. Consider the source.
Indeed.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 04:29 AM   #227
Vulpes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Big Wonderful Wyoming
Posts: 140
consenting adults.
How do we determine consenting adults? By definition/law. Age of consent is different in many states, so there is not even agreement as to what is adult, HOWEVER it is defined. Just as marriage is the union of man and woman, defined. As was stated before, if homosexuals want to enter into a union, call it something, but not marriage. We are using marriage as a catch-all phrase, which doesn't differentiate, but in actuality, it does differentiate.

I don't like to think of it as any form of discrimination, just because people are trying to change the definitions of words. If two people are in love, so be it. Make up a new word, legally defined, with many of the same priveliges associated with it. I know it was stated before, just reiterating.

Also, homosexuality, even if I personally dislike it, is a natural act. Sorry guys. It's been around as long as human history. Some of the hypothesis for it include needing 'uncles' that are not in the breeding pool as extra support. Also, it has been shown that anytime a population reaches carrying capacity in a given ecosystem, homosexuality increases.

So, it happens. It may/may not be a choice, point is moot. Forcing it to be incorporated into an existing set of laws, rather than changing the laws is the problem. I don't think many people think that homosexuality should be illegal, but calling it marriage doesn't work. Marriage and it's benefits have been for many years established as a man/woman. Employers/insurance figures on this.

I don't think it is the responsibility of these people to determine whether the marriage is homo/hetero, and change benefits accordingly, ie maternity leave with a female/female couple that both want to carry children. If you don't like laws, change them. It is not a mob mentality, but rather a majority vote of the people. Society will never work if every single possible 'minority' wants their vote to equal a majority. Simple.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:47 AM   #228
Kulani Autumnwood
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Pit of Despair (So. Cal.)
Posts: 554
Originally Posted by Wildane
Indeed
Oh good grief, I said consider the source. I considered the sources for the studies I read and found them to be unbiased sources with no obvious axes to grind and no agenda for thier findings. Other sources, most obviously religous ones, have an obvious axe to grind and therefore cannot be unbiased.

Originally Posted by Ulujain
The Autumnwood's spam the board two by two, hurrah, hurrah...
Oh goody are we in for another episode of "all the autumnwoods are the same people" again? Luxxor undoubtedly read the thread because I was sputtering about it's idiocy and looking for the correct spellings of words in guild last night. She happens to agree with my position, nothing more.

Originally Posted by Vulpes
Marriage and it's benefits have been for many years established as a man/woman.
Voting and it's benifits have been for many years established for white males.

Working and it's benifits have been for many years established as for men.

Just because something has been some way for many years does not mean it needs to or even should remain that way for many more years. If it did, we'd still be living in caves using flint tools and wearing skins!
Kulani Autumnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:57 AM   #229
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Originally Posted by Kulani
<shrug> I disagree. If it's not hurting anyone except the consenting participents, who the hell cares how they choose to spend thier time? Let em sodomize each other with strap on cactuses for all I care, as long as I don't have to participate isn't any of my business.

Just because I, personally, do not wish to engage in certain activities doesn't mean that I think it's "sick". I don't wish to participate in an organized religeon either, but I don't claim you that do should be locked up as mentally unbalanced and are undeserving of entering into contracts with each other.
It is rather difficult to explain what takes place in the human soul that brings one to accept or become numb to moral decline. It is early and I am half awake.. But still gonna take a risk in giving a bad example or two..

You are a female yes? You sound like a very sensable person with a level head. What I hear coming from you is more directed toward the heart of the individual and not so much the actions. Perhaps you know a few gay people who are very nice indeed, kind and caring, and upstanding. .. I think we all know someone like this, right? At risk of hellfire I am going to take a chance here.. and say that several of those Catholic priests that molested young boys, without knowing anything about their 'dark secret' or sickness, seemed to others as kind, caring, gentle, honest, loyal, loving, respectful... 'good people' in other words. If you did not know what they did or what they were (pedophiles), you would like them, right? No reason not to. Does all of their good traits go away when you find out about their sickness? Does the fact that they desire young boys change the fact of actions they demonstrated in the past that are evident to the positives (such as loving, caring, helpful, etc)? I know what they did was evil and wrong, and I do not wish to discuss that aspect, but the individual instead.

The answer is most likely "Yes". All of the good things about that person vanishes when you find out what they have done. Its voids any positives and the 'goods' are completely draped in negatives. Why? Because we do not accept what they have done..and we reject what they have done and consider it wrong for a host of reasons and therefor reject the person completely. We want them locked up and the key tossed. We do not distingush between the actions of pedophiles. We do not justify fondling on the outside of the clothes and say its ok while saying abduction and rape is worse. In other words, see it for what it is.. a person with a sick perversion. The actions do not need to be taked about.. only the perverted desires, right? Right. But no matter how sick they are, if we do not know about it, does it change the other qualities of the person?

If you worked at Wal-Mart and almost every guy that came through your lane pulled out his willy, started stroking it, looking you in the eyes and said "suck it slow, long and softly, baby"... how long would you work there? Would you be shocked? Of course you would be... Welcome to the world of the prostitute whom is numb to the sexual perversions of men.

One of the leading contributors to this 'moral decline', imo, is the porn and sex sells industry. Give me a fine looking brunette with a medium tan, real boobs, high cheekbones, white smile and big brown eyes ..wearing a g-string bikini and I am smiling What I do not need is some slut getting rammed in all three in full action video to get me off. I am more turned on by the calender girl then by the porn. Why? I feel it is because I have not allowed myself to be given over to it or to allow it to take me over. When you see enough of it, the 'shock value' of it goes away. Does that mean it becomes more 'ok'? No. It means that we have come to accept it and not see it as something negative.

My point when I asked you about "a large group of people who say they were molested but are happy with it" was to give an exmaple of this. What if, over the course of 10 to 20 years, we are presented with the 'nice side' of pedophilia? Not the brutal rapist or the baby rapers....and God.. I cant find an example of 'the nice side' to even help me discribe it...But these people being an exmaple that show its not 'all bad'. We already have sitcoms that deal with teenage sexuality. We say they need this and that it helps the children 'relate' to real life situations. What if it goes from helping a teen relate to portraying the 'fun and acceptable side of it? If we acknowledge that the 12 and ups in the 'real world' are having sex, and that it is their 'right' to, and that it is natural and safe (as long as it is protected).. then why not have more sitcoms and movies that deal directly with these ages groups and show, even increasing, more and more content and detail? My point is to get you to see how it is possible to make a population numb to the initial shock of it....and where we begin to accept it for other reasons then the true reasons.

The same applies with homsexuality. The desires that lead to action is a sickness... But we havnt been presented with that aspect of it. Our attention has been directed to the 'good qualities' of that way of life. Does it mean they are bad people? If we meet a gay person that seems sweet and nice, caring and loving, kind and friendly... does the fact that they have 5somes weekly change anything about our opinion of that person? Are the deeply perverted actions of that man, who engages in weekly gangbang 5somes, much different then the perverted actions of the man who likes to pat little boys on the butt? Sure, one is legal and what isnt.. but does that define our acceptence of moral good and moral bad? Maybe if we close our eyes and say "I dont want to see it or think about it" it will all go away.

Edit: I realize that some will come here and state that the private lives of adults is no ones business while the lives of children ARE our busines... And I agree. What I am getting at here is how we slowly come to accept certain behaviors, actions, and desires over the course of time. The slow moral decay if you will. Where we direct attention away from the negative aspect of it and reason with the perhaps false truths associated and surrounding the core negative.
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9

Last edited by Rheaton; 03-06-2004 at 06:07 AM.
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:52 AM   #230
Veo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,926
Homosexuality as already been declared morally acceptable. Whether you want to admit it or not, the majority of the population finds homosexuality acceptable.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:27 AM   #231
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Originally Posted by Veo
Homosexuality as already been declared morally acceptable. Whether you want to admit it or not, the majority of the population finds homosexuality acceptable.
Two people as a couple perhaps.. But definately not the romantic acts of such gay couples. The desire to be with the same sex in a sexual way is still very perplexing to the large majority of this nation and even moreso the world. Because you are numb to it doesnt mean that there is a 'majority' that is.

But thank you for helping me make my point.
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 08:18 AM   #232
Veo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,926
Because you are numb to it doesnt mean that there is a 'majority' that is
Hate to tell you, but there are many, MANY polls that find that over 50% of americans find homosexuality acceptable.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #233
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Rheaton, if I didn't know better I would guess that you are really Jimmy Swagart or Jim Baker in RL. I mean the way you preach against pornography, but then have no issue writing how you stick your dick in orifices other than a vagina. Just seems rather hypocritical.

I think maybe Vireil needs to break out the "Gospel according to Rheaton" again.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:20 AM   #234
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
but then have no issue writing how you stick your dick in orifices other than a vagina.
I never said a damn thing about sticking anything of mine into anything 'other then a vagina'. Your skinning your ignorance...again. If I made a reference to anything, chances are you took it out of context.

Just seems rather hypocritical.
Your will is weak.
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:34 PM   #235
Everclear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 6,910
Ok, here is just a little tidbit for you religious moral supremists. Leanna Payne, one of the leading religious writers on how to "Heal Homosexuality through Prayer" writes that

" There exist in humans a diabolical self and an animal self. As C.S. Lewis notes it is the diabolical self that is the far more dangerous of the two. It is the diabolical self that tries to persuade us that our beliefs, no matter how arbitrary are the right ones, and that they should be made to take place above the beliefs of others. This is a trap that makes many self-proclaimed religious counselors dangerous. Beware of these trappings. The words of denouncement and degradation are not the work of The Lord. these are the marks of the "Hellish counselor".

..."When Matthew came to me to discuss homosexuality, I had to move quickly. He had been in contact with a counselor who told him that he was homosexual and that it was wrong. Matthew was hysterical because this person had made him to believe he was going to Hell. I could see the work of Satan present in Matthew, as the Hellish Counselor's advice worked in him like a poison."

If you "religious" people took half the time to actually find out what the true feelings of the religious community were, instead of spending all of your time spouting ignorant shit, maybe conversation could get somewhere. The truth is, for the most part you are a bunch of hateful bigots, line by lining the Bible for some shreds of "religious justification" for your hateful and derogatory opinions. I consider myself a Christian, I go to Church, I am in good standing with my congregation, and I am close friends with my pastor, who married my parents. I talked to him about some of what I read on these boards, seeking his advice. (He's amazing, he knows over 20 languages, and is a true scholar, talking to this inspiring man would make almost anyone want to attend his services). How many of you have actually talked to a Church official before posting more ridicule of others? How many of you falsly claim to be speaking on the name of the Church?

My pastor told me on the subject mentioned in these boards:
I can't say that I agreewith the lifestyles that these people are living. You know many of them widely accept drug use and openly practice lascevious behaviors. Still, having counseled many young girls...not all of them like you, Court (I blushed, he's a very sweet older man), I have seen girls get into trouble that isn't any worse than these people. I suppose that it comes down to what you believe Jesus would want you to do. That is what people seem to be confused about. Personally, I believe Jesus preached love. From the time he was born, he brought a level of love to the world it had never seen before. I can't stand in front of a couple of hundred people and say that I have seen the face of God, or that I have factual evidence he exist, but I can share with them the unending bounty of love that God and Jesus have shown me. You know God told us to love our neighbors.... don't get me wrong (he laughed).. by love I am not talking about physically, I am talking spiritually here. I suppose, my view on the subject all comes down to that. Like I said, I don't know if homosexuality is a sickness, I don't know if it is natural, science comes up with proof one way, then the other. But I do know that these are God's children. These people are asking for the Church to recognize thier form of love. I can't say that I agree with the physical aspects of these "relationships", but I do think that if it really is love then it is beyond our ability to judge them.

I asked "So they should be able to get married?...but people say they are horrible and call them names?"

He said " As for the name calling and defamation, I can certainly say that is uncalled for. Jesus didn't teach by inspiring hurt and fear. God tells us about false prophets and demons coming in the name of the Church. (he laughed) I bet you thought that was all old stuff, but it still happens today. Should they be allowed legally to get married? Well, as you know our congregation has a very low divorce rate, when I marry them I stick em with glue (he laughed). But you know not everyone is that way. I can't say one way or the other, but I will leave you with this thought: If all marriages were given as much effort and thought as these people are putting into pushing for thier rights, do you think the divorce rate would be as high as it is? I'm not saying one way or the other, but it's something you, well all people might want to think about.


Just thought I would share some REAL advice that I was given. Not to say that the regular board troll babble isn't sufficient, but well. It isn't =D
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:16 PM   #236
Kulani Autumnwood
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Pit of Despair (So. Cal.)
Posts: 554
Originally Posted by Rheaton
You are a female yes? You sound like a very sensable person with a level head. What I hear coming from you is more directed toward the heart of the individual and not so much the actions. Perhaps you know a few gay people who are very nice indeed, kind and caring, and upstanding.
Not just "a few"... many. Roughly the same number proportionately speaking as there are nice upstanding heterosexuals. I also know some that are cum guzzling gutter sluts... and again, just as many proportionately speaking, heterosexuals who are the same.
.. I think we all know someone like this, right? At risk of hellfire I am going to take a chance here.. and say that several of those Catholic priests that molested young boys, without knowing anything about their 'dark secret' or sickness, seemed to others as kind, caring, gentle, honest, loyal, loving, respectful... 'good people' in other words. If you did not know what they did or what they were (pedophiles), you would like them, right? No reason not to. Does all of their good traits go away when you find out about their sickness? Does the fact that they desire young boys change the fact of actions they demonstrated in the past that are evident to the positives (such as loving, caring, helpful, etc)? I know what they did was evil and wrong, and I do not wish to discuss that aspect, but the individual instead.
See, the problem with your analogy there is that it is not really the same situation. Most pedophiles identify themselves as heterosexual -- and the ones that do seek adult/proper relationships most of the time it is with the opposite gender. Does this mean we should assume that all heterosexuals are pedophiles? No more than we should assume all homosexuals are pedophiles... they're two separate issues.

Yes, I would assume your priest there was a bad person and was doing good acts to give forth the illusion of being good. And I will admit to an unlikely chance that homosexuals as a group could be doing that same illusion... but statistically it is less likely for 100,000 to be doing it than it is for it to be a single man to be doing it.
The answer is most likely "Yes". All of the good things about that person vanishes when you find out what they have done. Its voids any positives and the 'goods' are completely draped in negatives. Why? Because we do not accept what they have done..and we reject what they have done and consider it wrong for a host of reasons and therefor reject the person completely. We want them locked up and the key tossed. We do not distingush between the actions of pedophiles. We do not justify fondling on the outside of the clothes and say its ok while saying abduction and rape is worse. In other words, see it for what it is.. a person with a sick perversion. The actions do not need to be taked about.. only the perverted desires, right? Right. But no matter how sick they are, if we do not know about it, does it change the other qualities of the person?
It is, to a certain extent, situational. Not speaking of pedophilia here, speaking of other immoral acts. We would all agree that stealing is not moral behaivor... but I suspect we'd look the other way if it was to feed a starving child. Likewise, the punishment would be much less for a murder commited in defense of a child, despite a society wide abhorrence for murder. Is that to say that I think there are "lesser degrees" of pedophilia? No.

As to your good deeds... I read in a book once (fiction book) the statement that "A good deed in the name of a power of evil is still done for the light, and an evil deed done in the name of a power of good is still most evil and a soul will be condemned to darkness for it." This statement makes alot of sense to me... and similiarly, an evil person can still do a good deed... but he's still an evil person. The deed doesn't change, and it doesn't suddenly disappear.

This isn't to say either that a pedophile can be a good person simply because he did good deeds aside from the pedophilia -- he is still evil, all the good deeds in the world cannot change that.

Now, these thoughts would work for homosexuality also... if it was evil. But in order to BE evil there needs to be harm done to someone or something. Homosexuality harms nobody. It is not inherently harmful to you to see a practice you disagree with or even one that disgusts you. Again, eating raw fish disgusts me... but I'm not harmed by someone else eating it.

If you worked at Wal-Mart and almost every guy that came through your lane pulled out his willy, started stroking it, looking you in the eyes and said "suck it slow, long and softly, baby"... how long would you work there? Would you be shocked? Of course you would be... Welcome to the world of the prostitute whom is numb to the sexual perversions of men.
Three issues here... the first is sexual harassment... pressing unwanted and inappropriate attentions on another person. The second is prostitution, which has no place in this thread... although I will comment that when people are willing to pay more for sex than any other form of unskilled labor it's not surprising that some people would be willing to sell themselves. The third issue is the inherent perversion of men you allude too. This might have been a poor word choice on your part, but I do not believe that all men are inherently perverse any more than that all women are inherently sinful or morally weak.
The same applies with homsexuality. The desires that lead to action is a sickness... But we havnt been presented with that aspect of it. Our attention has been directed to the 'good qualities' of that way of life.
What "good side"? I haven't been presented with a good side... all I see, day in and day out, are a bunch of religeous fanatics and homophobes insulting, belittleing, beating, raping, murdering and demonizing a class of people who are exactly like any other people. They want the same things as anyone else... they want to grow old with thier mate, raise a family, hold a job, and even walk down the street without worrying if this time some mental adolescent with more muscles than brains is going to beat them to a pulp for being out in public. They want to go to work without worrying about how thier going to pay for thier stay at home partners medical needs without the ability to include them on thier insurance policy like all the married (and a good portion of the UNMARRIED) heterosexuals they work with can. They want to be able to adopt children like any other infertile couple.

Not saying thats what they all want...but not all heterosexuals want that either.
Does it mean they are bad people? If we meet a gay person that seems sweet and nice, caring and loving, kind and friendly... does the fact that they have 5somes weekly change anything about our opinion of that person? Are the deeply perverted actions of that man, who engages in weekly gangbang 5somes, much different then the perverted actions of the man who likes to pat little boys on the butt?
There you go again... assuming that because some homosexuals have 5somes, that ALL homosexuals have 5somes. Newsflash, heterosexuals do that too. Do I assume that you engage in sex with 5 women at once just because another heterosexual does so? Because a heterosexual group of 5 teenage boys raped a 13 year old girl, am I to assume that all teenage boys are rapists? Because one 16 year old slept with every boy on the football team and got knocked up am I to assume that all the other 16 year olds did the same thing? Am I to assume because one woman's husband cheated on her that you're cheating on your wife or my husband is cheating on me? How about that all devout christians are murderers because one person claiming to be a devout christian murdered a homosexual because "they're the spawn of satan they're dirty and unclean and evil, god told me so!"

Of course not. All teenage girls aren't sluts, all teenage boys aren't rapists, all husbands don't cheat on thier wives... no more than all homosexuals engage in promiscuous sexual activities... and yet you find yourself fully justified in assuming they do because some do.

Everclear, your pastor is a very wise man.
Kulani Autumnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #237
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Rheaton
I never said a damn thing about sticking anything of mine into anything 'other then a vagina'. Your skinning your ignorance...again. If I made a reference to anything, chances are you took it out of context.

Oh, preacher Rheaton has forgotten this ....

..:: Quoting The Book of Rheaton ::..
I for one feel that a 15 or 16 year old girl is fully capable of having a full relationship with an adult.
..:: End Quote ::..

..:: Quoting The Book of Rheaton ::..
'ass fuck' and stick your dirty little yogurt slinger in her mouth
..:: End Quote ::..

..:: Quoting The Book of Rheaton ::..
your wife and your daughter giving me wood nighty...

..:: End Quote ::..
..:: Quoting The Book of Rheaton ::..
a woman given herself a buzz with a toy over clothing
..:: End Quote ::..

Yes, please do keep preaching your sexual morality, brother Rheaton! You are such a sterling example of purity and spirituality.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 01:30 AM   #238
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Hate to tell you, but there are many, MANY polls that find that over 50% of americans find homosexuality acceptable.
Produce one.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:51 AM   #239
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Originally Posted by The Dipshit
..:: Quoting The Book of Rheaton ::..
I for one feel that a 15 or 16 year old girl is fully capable of having a full relationship with an adult.
..:: End Quote ::..
Again, taken out of context, right? Right. The point was being made of how the system is being attacked by the liberal left and that rules and laws that apply now do not seem to matter to those who have wants. Is it not true? Would you agree that many 16 year olds are developed physically enough to bare children? If your only moral restraint is that the law says she has to be 18, you have a very weak moral foundation and one that can be easily destroyed. If the "age of consent" is the only thing stopping people, wouldnt it stand to reason that it will soon come under attack like the current marriage laws?

..:: Quoting The Book of Rheaton ::..
'ass fuck' and stick your dirty little yogurt slinger in her mouth
..:: End Quote ::..
This is your thing, Lurik. These are the things you enjoying doing to your wife or whomever. Since these are your obsessions and addictions, you make the perfect example of what Ive posted above. Thank you for pointing that out and reminding the rest of us.

..:: Quoting The Book of Rheaton ::..
your wife and your daughter giving me wood nighty...
This was a counter jab for the jab you took at my wife. If anyone wishes to read more into, thats their deal.


..:: Quoting The Book of Rheaton ::..
a woman given herself a buzz with a toy over clothing
..:: End Quote ::..
I am not certain what I was talking about here... but im glad it turned you on .. Im sure it had to do with the discussion of nudity and porn where you do not have to have nudity in order to have porn and I was making a point by using that statement.

You would suck at law.. your ability to discredit someone is weak.
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9

Last edited by Rheaton; 03-07-2004 at 07:14 AM.
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 08:18 AM   #240
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by Usna
I must say in some ways this thread heartens me. My own country is full of latent racists and homophobes and it fucking shames me that we think of ourselves as developed and enlightened. Now I see that even with the myopic attidues of my fellow countrymen we are still well ahead of the leaders of the free world.
When I think of developed and enlightened, technology comes to mind, not condoning and encouraging homosexuality. America is developed and enlightened, just maybe not in the way you think it ought to be.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:54 AM   #241
Kulani Autumnwood
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Pit of Despair (So. Cal.)
Posts: 554
Yeah, enlightened nations ALWAYS call a minority of thier members evil, or sick, or twisted, or devient, or perverts.

In an enlightened nation, there are always members who feel a need to hide, to lie about themselves, so as to avoid persecution, insults, beatings, raping, and death.

And of course, enlightened nations always have second class citizens who are deemed "unfit" by the majority to participate in all facets of the society.

I guess my definition of enlightened is a little different than yours.
Kulani Autumnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #242
tetsuoshima
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 35
Default hmm

lets see what i can get from this thread...

according to some, the Amish got it right by NOT sliding down the slippery slope....

Chuk should not type when angry..

there is a pastor out there that i would not mind talking to..

rheaton has not, or possibly has never gotten a blow job, and judging by his use of vulgar language and discriptions of sexual acts, wants one real bad.

btw, for someone who gets off on a simple pin-up model, you sure sure type like a pent-up porn monkey.

for some reason Zolspaz has dropped all the GOD BLESS AMERICA whatnot in the end of his inane tyrades for a more hip and streamlined " Z.."

maybe one of the fab 5 gave him some advice, you know..little queer-eye for a kentucky-redneck-wacko-godfreak-lunatic guy.


Tet.
tetsuoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:11 AM   #243
Veo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,926
A conservative's list of why gay marriages should be illegal:

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses,
polyester, and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid becasue they
produce children. Infertile couples and old people
can't legally get married because the world needs more
children.

3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children,
since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay
marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears' 58-hour
just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time
and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks
can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the
courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not
courts, have historically protected the rights of the
minorities.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a
theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are
imposed on the entire counrty. That's why we have only
one religion in America.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in
the same way that hanging around tall people will make
you tall.

9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all
kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry
their pets because a dog has legal standing and can
sign a marriage contract.

10. Children can never succeed without a male and a
female role model at home. That's why single parents
are forbidden to raise children.

11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of
society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a
long time, and we could never adapt to new social
norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars, computers,
or longer lifespans.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits
as marriage with a different name are better, because
a "separate but equal" institution is always
constitutional. Seperate schools for African-Americans
worked just as well as seperate marriages for gays and
lesbians will.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:07 AM   #244
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Veo, your entire post is comparing apples and oranges.

1. Homosexuality is not synthetic, much like eyeglasses, polyester and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they are not illegal.

3. So, I'm guessing your parents are retarded...

4. Already argued this point more than once; your fault if you missed it.

5. Where is it said marriage has not changed? The only thing that hasn't changed is that marriage still should require a bride and a groom.

6. More retardation. I abide by whatever is decided by our duly elected officials.

7. Oh yeah, because non-religious people couldn't POSSIBLY have anything against homosexual marriage

8. There is no "pituitary gland" for sexual preferrence. I don't see where anyone is saying that it will encourage people to be gay.

9. Legalizing gay marriage condones sexually deviant behavior.

10. Children do succeed coming from single parents, but never underestimate the value of having both a father and a mother.

11. More apples and oranges. Since when are materialistic items considered social norms? Oh, and there are plenty of people who hate computers; I see them every day.

12. Ah, there goes that "comparing sexual preferrence to race" card you guys just love throwing around so much. Big difference, though: black people are born black.

Never have I seen someone pull so much ludicrous tripeout of their ass.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:49 AM   #245
Bleemus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Newportnews Virginia
Posts: 47
Send a message via Yahoo to Bleemus
Default Gay Perspective

"Is there going to be news and weather on this new Gay Channel?"

"we dont know yet sir..."

"cus I dont think we need news and weather from a gay perspective, I mean a gay man dont want to know if its going to rain or not he just wants to hear the 7 day forecast on rathers hes going to get is *BEEP* sucked or not"
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:21 AM   #246
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Rheatard
You would suck at law.. your ability to discredit someone is weak.
I am certain you have been discredited, but not from anything I have written preacher boy. Everytime you post you assure everyone that you aren't the shinning example of Christian morality you want everyone to believe you are.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." óMonty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:00 AM   #247
cnjmorris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 925
Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay
marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears' 58-hour
just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
So I guess if we are going to use celebs in defense of our positions we can assume that being gay is just a fad that wears out like last years fashion right? Just ask Ellen about her ex who started being gay when she met ellen, then stopped being gay and got married.
__________________

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:45 AM   #248
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
Never have I seen someone pull so much ludicrous tripeout of their ass.
I see it every day when I watch Democratic party fund raisers on CSPAN.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:07 AM   #249
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Bowels of Hell, A.K.A. New Jersey
Posts: 9,564
Chuk should not type when angry..
Heh believe it or not i dont even care about this issue let alone get angry over it, the world wont change for better or worse if gays got married, so its not a concern of mine. I do care about the subversion going on in society where little by little piece by piece morals are being tossed out the window and apathy to the extremes are being forcefed onto americans. Letting gays marry wont hurt anyone but it gives the green light to more sickos out there to promote their perverted agendas. If i honestly thought the issue would die with letting gays marry id say sure go ahead, but i know it wont and i dont know where it will end if they are given an inch. In 10 - 20 years i dont want to see elementary school children studying maplethorpe as a required course in gay history.
__________________
Chukzombi Astrocreep
Magister (re-united)
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:13 AM   #250
Vireil
Disturbing the force
 
Vireil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 2,711
Default /CHEER Seattle

Seattle is stepping up in this now...

Originally Posted by CNN
SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- Seattle's mayor jumped into the roiling debate over gay marriage, vowing to recognize the marriages of gay city employees who tie the knot elsewhere and pushing for a measure to extend protections for gay married couples throughout the city.
Story


Chuk, have you even bothered to look at any of Mapplethorpe's work beyond the homoerotic stuff, or is that all you need to see?
__________________
Vireil
Coercer
<Recovering>
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.