Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2004, 03:29 AM   #26
Usna

"But remember that if you do,
it is a correct interpretation of the last 12 hours of Jesus' life."

Says who? The four Gospel accounts actually in the bible differ in their stories, not to mention the other Gospels (at least another 8 if I am not mistaken) left out of the bible which contradict the existing 4 even more. There is one written by Mary Magdalene apparently which alludes to her being married to Jesus and carrying his child. Thus the whole survival of the Merovingian line. So which of the potential twelve (if any) is the correct interpretation? Lemme guess it was Colonel Mustard, in the billiard room with the lead pipe.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:05 AM   #27
Ulujain

Lemme guess it was Colonel Mustard, in the billiard room with the lead pipe.
Naturally. Where else would he be?
Old 02-27-2004, 04:17 AM   #28
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Yes. Aramaic. Ancient language I think. They really wanted to get the feel.
According to my roommate, the Jews spoke in Hebrew and the Romans spoke in Latin.

Personally, I can't wait to see it. Might just go after work today. Will hold any critiques until after I've actually seen it.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:19 AM   #29
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Says who?
According to the news, a lot of religious leaders who've seen it. People who have done more research on the subject than you or me, I'm sure.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:05 AM   #30
Inmountains

Saying that "The Passion of the Christ" is Anti-Jew is like saying "Schindler's List" is Anti-German. The Jewish leaders wanted Jesus Christ dead, just like the German Nazi's wanted the Jews dead. DUH!!! Depicting history is not pro or anti anything, it portrays facts. People need to get over their stupid sensitivity. I guess "Braveheart" is Anti-English as well. Oh wait, the English did slaughter countless Scotts, along with dozens of other races. HISTORY

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it!!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:10 AM   #31
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Remember Inmountains, history nowadays is a very fluid and rewritable thing. Don't like? Just join the libs and you can make history whatever you want it to be! I'm thinking about joining the Dems so I can change my race, sex, and religion and see if I can get some money back on my student loans..
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:18 AM   #32
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

If only that were true Trith: we could have filled in your parents on the wonders of contraception
Old 02-27-2004, 08:42 AM   #33
Inmountains

You are correct Trith, one of the opening lines in "Braveheart" is, "History is written by those who have hanged hero's"

Horma, I would flame you but I have more valuable things to do with my time like watch the grass grow and count the pixels on my screen.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 09:09 AM   #34
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Trith
Just join the libs and you can make history whatever you want it to be!
Yeah, I like how you ignore the recent debate over the Reagan mini-series and how the Conservatives wanted to edit out of the movie anything that would picture Ronnie in a bad light.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:22 AM   #35
Trith

No, we simply wanted to prevent the editing in of "artisitic liscense". All of the things that you guys said "well..this may have happened..was never confirmed..but we like to think it went this way". That's not a biography..that's a soap opera. What was presented as a "historical biography" was about as accurate historically as Bill Clinton's recollection of Whitewater.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:47 AM   #36
Khael

Inmountains, you idiot, you've just observed a literary practice called "baiting," apparently for the first time. I was bored at work and trying to get a fun-to-try-and-decipher post out of Misty (if you need an example, look up pretty much anything Misty's posted prior to this thread!). Next time shut up and lemme see if I can catch anything more interesting than you :P
Old 02-29-2004, 07:47 AM   #37
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Please flame me Inmountains- you are, after all, one of this board's most exceptional flamers, and I really need the validation your attention provides...

Oh, and just so we're on the same page, history=whatever the cons say it is. Apparently anyway
Old 02-29-2004, 08:35 AM   #38
Evelle

I wonder what the people who go to see this would think of the BJBP.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:16 AM   #39
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Anyone else having trouble deciphering Khael's post?
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 12:48 PM   #40
Ulujain

No, I'm just wondering what he's doing here.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:00 PM   #41
Ulujain

Originally Posted by Inshortbuses
Saying that "The Passion of the Christ" is Anti-Jew is like saying "Schindler's List" is Anti-German. The Jewish leaders wanted Jesus Christ dead, just like the German Nazi's wanted the Jews dead. DUH!!! Depicting history is not pro or anti anything, it portrays facts.
Facts based on what? The four Gospels? No secular archeologist or scholar has ever taken their account to be a truthful and accurate depiction of the times. Hell, two of them (Luke and Mark) weren't even written in Jesus' alleged lifetime and are partial re-writes of the other two. The four of them cannot agree on several crucial "facts".

There is more fact contained in Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham than there is in the four Gospels combined.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:26 PM   #42
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I just saw the movie. I'd have to say it was the best movie I have ever seen...and that includes the LOTR series.

The part where Judas is being tormented by those kids was pretty creepy.

My wife was pretty much turned off by the torture. I believe Jesus was tortured more than the film depicted. The Bible says that he was beaten so bad that he was unrecognizable.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 07:19 PM   #43
Rheaton

I too just saw it. ..and I must say.. If Jesus only went through half of what this movie shows... we have no idea the sacrifice made for us.

Im really beside myself right now.. thats all I can say.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 07:23 PM   #44
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
I think the movie does a great job. Just like the Lord of the Rings, it makes a very visual portrayal of a fictional story. Touching.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 07:49 PM   #45
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

$117,538,000 and counting..
Seems to me that hollyweird is fuming over these numbers.
They were presented with the film and refused it. To bad.

I have yet to see the movie. Maybe next week.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:25 PM   #46
Thugok

I must say, as much as I may or may not like Misty, the posts in this thread are by far the most intelligible and well informed of all. I applaud Misty for his posts and I wish more people would keep an open mind about the entire story and not be so quick to flame it.
(retired)

Look at my frosty underoos!
Thugok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:54 PM   #47
Martigan
Supporter

I just read your post Misty...I must have missed it the first read through. Here are my thoughts regarding your post form what I know or was taught.

---------------------------------
...before he came afoul of the Rabbinical/Pharisee/Scribe bureaucracy.

>> I think the main thing that turned the Pharisees against Him was when he went into the temple courtyard and overturned the tables and drove the thieves out. Here is why he did that...

>>Back when there were animal sacrifices, a family was required to bring a spotless lamb or a dove (if you could not afford a lamb). Of course there were religious folks at the temple that inspected your offering, and if they determined it was not adequate...they would sell you an offering that was "good enough." Of course it was at a premium. That is why Jesus called them thieves.

He is said (in the bible) to be descended from the house of David, there's a claim to the blood of the Kings of Israel in his family tree however distant.

>>Both Mary and Joseph were descendants of David.

Perhaps the significance of his actual birth was scorned by establishment, he was born in a stable.

>>Of course who would ever think of a king being born in a lowly manger in a barn.

Maybe Judas just wanted a martyr, but his secret plot backfired in a twisted way inside the Temple over something incorporating the Divine Right of Kings and scripture in its arguement. Certainly Christ was set up but Judas isn't the only dude with motives. That's the gist of it.

>>Some suggest that Judas was expecting Jesus to set up His kingdom now...and did what he did to hurry things along. Others suggest that Judas was upset that Jesus wasn't going to do what he expected, and did what he did out of spite. Others say he did it for the money...he did pilfer the funds, and was in charge of the money box.

For any of you that like historical facts, and want to read any of the Bible...read Luke, and Acts (acts of the apostles). Luke wrote both of these books. He was a physician and a historian. He makes sure to point out some interesting stuff...especially in the book of Acts. Archaeologists in that area have the Bible as one of their reference books...and Luke is popular among them.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:57 PM   #48
Martigan
Supporter

Seriously I stopped counting how many times he went sprawling on the ground after about 30.
I saw the movie and I'd say he fell down about 10 times.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:01 AM   #49
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Thanks Martigan.

Mel I think is Catholic, I'd say the protagonist fell precisely 14 times as taught in the Stations of the Cross (I think 14) representing every time The Christ fell. It's hardly realistic to suppose a human being beaten close to death and who is likely dying is going to be rock steady with a whopping Cross on their back. You can take it for granted he was a very big man.

Last edited by Misty; 03-01-2004 at 02:07 AM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 05:05 AM   #50
Trith

it makes a very visual portrayal of a fictional story. Touching.
That's ok, just means more salvation for me. Besides Heaven is supposed to be a perfect place..and I can see why now..because the asshats won't be there. Sign me up!