Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > News, Polls, Rules and Feedback > Our Website

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2004, 07:25 AM   #1
Valleycrest
Defrocked Irish priest

Default Sigs?

I may have missed the explanation, I'm sure it's a perfectly good explanation; however, I've been wondering why we are no longer allowed to have sigs on the site. Some people had some very inventive signatures and it would be nice to see some of them again. Just curious if it's even a consideration. Thanks.

EDIT...I mean the picture ones of course.
Valleycrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 05:50 PM   #2
Lamewl

Send a message via ICQ to Lamewl Send a message via Yahoo to Lamewl
Me too...I looked around for an explanation when I first came to the boards a bit, but was unable to find one (I'm sure there is one, I just could not find it).

Giving the boards a new theme and graphics is great, but IMO the best way to give the boards a facelift is by allowing peeps to express their creativity (we have some great artists on this server, too) in graphical sigs.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:17 PM   #3
Ogmuk
Administrator

Allowing signatures brings a lot of extra moderation for us to do. First we have to set rules because we want to limit the size of the signatures and after that we could be spending hours every day editing out people's signatures who are too large (who 'didn't knew' because they didn't read the rules), suspending or banning repeating violators, removing broken links from signatures, etcetera. Another reason I'm waiting with this is because if the next layout will be dark all the signatures based on this light layout will require an update and we know how many slackers there will be

Last edited by Ogmuk; 02-19-2004 at 08:31 AM.
Ogmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:09 AM   #4
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic

Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
Default My sig take

I like my signature as much as the next guy, but Oggy is right...the moderating time re: them is a major pain in the ass.

Inappropriate signatures...inappropriate avatars (one of these notably caused me and Ogmuk a couple of days to prune in the old Ezboard days, I imagine it'd be easier here though)

I also have a real problem with people that respond heavily in threads with their gigantic stupid signature in each one repeatedly. It gets really old.

Originally Posted by Shardmoon
Its true, Cao has a huge epenis. And not just long, but thick. That fucker looks like a pringles can when she waves it around.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:04 AM   #5
Lamewl

Send a message via ICQ to Lamewl Send a message via Yahoo to Lamewl
On every larger board I have been a member of in the past, there have been volunteer moderators to take care of sig issues, so that the admins did not have to worry about it. I am sure there would be plenty of volunteers willing to donate their time so that we can have sigs on this board. In general, the decision of a mod was final, and if someone did not heed a request to remove or fix a sig, that person was suspended or banned. Having a sig was a privelege not a right, etc. etc.

Yes, it is annoying to have several large sigs in one thread, or broken links in sigs, but then again I find some posts annoying for a great many other reasons. If we were to remove everything that people generally find annoying I think we would have to prohibit quite a few peeps from ever posting here again. :P

I still am of the opinion that the good outweighs the bad in allowing sigs and pictures, and that it need not mean more work for the admins (except, perhaps, in selecting a few moderators and getting them set up--and then in the long run it would likely be less work for the admins, since they would have help). There are some boards that I visit for the sole reason of looking at all the beautiful sigs, and I know I'm not alone.

But it is not, of course, my board, just my two pieces of catnip!
Old 02-21-2004, 07:35 PM   #6
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

/agree Lamewl

Bring back the sigs. Someone would be sure to step up and help. It gave our resident artists something to do and just made the board feel more like home.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:39 PM   #7
Sueno

Send a message via ICQ to Sueno Send a message via AIM to Sueno Send a message via Yahoo to Sueno
I also agree. I've noticed that since the boards have become more streamlined and business like I've lost desire to come and read and take part. It's just not as pleasant as it used to be. Even the stupid posters often had funny or interesting sigs.

Vote Yes on community creativity.
Death to all who oppose Barbarians!

Magelo
Sueno is offline   Reply With Quote