Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > News, Polls, Rules and Feedback > Our Website

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
Ogmuk
Administrator

Default Forums for each class?

Would you like to see us add forums for each class? It won't suit the same purpose as class specific forums like those listed on the index page but more like a little library with links to various informative threads on these forums and class specific discussions to share your experience.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:40 AM   #2
Lamewl

Send a message via ICQ to Lamewl Send a message via Yahoo to Lamewl
Just my experience, but on my previous server boards (which got a lot more traffic than these), we had class forums...some of them were almost completely deserted, and 2-3 were fairly active.

So, on a smaller board, they probably would not get much traffic...but if some would like to use them, hey, why not?
Old 02-11-2004, 01:58 AM   #3
Qallaana

I think it would be a good idea, Because alot of the people that already come here will more then likely go to a class specific site on this board.

I for one hate surfing for an answer and then finding something and not knowing the person or if the answer is reliable.

Just my 2cp

Q
Qallaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 03:22 AM   #4
Grenoble

Send a message via AIM to Grenoble
Don't see a need, personally like having the links to the class-specific boards on the side of the main page.

Laedria Darkestar...BoomBoom Girl of Whit's End
Grenoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 07:05 AM   #5
Frekkels

Default class forums

Hail,

I don't think it is necessary, but if you set it up I'd use it. I think alot of the Shaman class posts as an example would end up with a quick reply that is simply a link to a similar post at the Shaman's Crucible though. On the other hand maybe it would get some of our servers quieter but extremely talented & knowledgable players to post, so it could be a good thing.

What is your goal for this site?

Take care,
Old 02-12-2004, 07:33 AM   #6
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

They wouldn't get much traffic at all if you ask me but they wouldn't hurt anything either so wouldn't hurt to try it.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:43 AM   #7
Stingite

Up until a couple weeks ago, I moderated the Semper Questio message boards, and we created class specific sections for our members. The success of the board really depends on what it's being used for by those members and if you have a few key players who are willing to help. The ones that did really well were bringing up camps their class were succeeding in camping, their successes, class-pride, or when one member would create an alt and ask for advice on that class specific board. Epic quest advice was put on those boards. Etc.

The best part of it was that they were all behind a password, so it felt relatively safe to ask questions to your family without fear of the flame that so naturally accompanies boards like this one where a whole community's eyes linger.

The best hopes for class specific boards on the Emarr boards would be to promote events for classes, build comradarie between members of classes on emarr, and provide advice to those that stumble in and get brave.

The worst consequence could be a number of class rants or diminuative remarks about a class that lead to a lot of administrative work for you all. Hate to see the ranger boards become a place to make fun of rangers . . . that stuff gets old and doesn't serve anyone. And in general, the administrative work for you would be the hard part . . . the rest would be left up to luck in finding helpful chatty cathys.

Providing more arenas for discussion isn't a bad thing in my eyes. Success can't really be weighed against traffic, e.g., if there's only one message in the cleric boards that talks about pacifying mobs and it makes the light click and that cleric saves your arse next time you play with them . . . the value was earned.
Stingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:34 AM   #8
Ogmuk
Administrator

Thanks for the input guys. I've created a forum and started out with one sub-forum to see how this turns out. If it's a success I'll create sub-forums for each other class.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:08 AM   #9
Ogmuk
Administrator

I've extended the test with a sub-forum for each class to make the test fair. If anyone wants to attempt a (small) logo for one or more of the sub-forum feel free to PM or email me via my profile (access by clicking on my username). I would prefer the entries to be layered because when we have a new style the background will likely not be white.

Last edited by Ogmuk; 02-15-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Ogmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:29 PM   #10
Dakat

I would say no.

There is already enough class sites out there. Adding one here, I do not think it would get used much.
Dakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:25 PM   #11
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

It doesn't seem too bad how it is now. It's kinda cool that it is only still one forum really. I was worried it was gonna take up a ton of space on the main page but it doesn't.

Thumbs up.