Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > News, Polls, Rules and Feedback > Homepage > Our Polls

View Poll Results: Do you want separate WTB/WTS sub-forums for the bazaars?
Yes! 46 68.66%
No, because... 21 31.34%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2004, 06:41 AM   #1
Ogmuk
Administrator

Default Separate WTB/WTS sub-forums for bazaar?

You may discuss the topic below. If the majority wants separate forums for Want To Buy and Want To Sell, we will likely make them.

Last edited by Ogmuk; 02-03-2004 at 06:47 AM.
Ogmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:07 AM   #2
Iannyen

I like the idea of not having to sift through all the WTB stuff when looking for something I want, and vice versa.

Additionally, I think that the >1k items could be merged with the <1k items with little to no trouble.

/my2cents..

*edit:
Oh, and whats up with leaving crafted items out of the >1k Item bazaar to begin with? /boggle.
Iannyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:13 AM   #3
Ogmuk
Administrator

People began to complain about those needing components for their crafting and other people who were trying to sell stuff for tradeskills, hence this special forum.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
Frekkels

Hail,

We have so many forums already, but I voted yes in spite of this.
The Auction forum (>1kpp) sees alot of views (& new posts). There are plenty of non-salesmen who make silly titles like "Windblade" or "high-end stuff" that you have to click through just to find out whether they are buying or selling one - which is just annoying. Wading through someone's bargain basement WTS list just to read about the 2 high end items they WTB, etc.

Tradeskill item requests are normally long-standing & recurrent (like Rikon's post). These threads generally will stay on the front page of the Tradeskiller forum without requiring a daily bump, but they would quickly get buried in the Items forum. The Items section sees lots of short term (posted and rapidly sold) threads that push other things to the bottom. My 2cp is that I'd like Ogmuk to keep the Tradeskiller section as-is for now.

With inflation being what it is, it might be time to just ditch the <1kpp Bargain Basement section though, as very few new threads have been popping up there (6 active threads in the last 2 months - and scant activity in those).

I recommend removing the bargain basement and modifying the existing Items Bazaar into WTB & WTS sub-forums.

Take care,
Old 02-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #5
Ogmuk
Administrator

Thanks for the useful feedback, Frekkels. I haven't played the game in years so it's hard for me to judge which bazaars are useful and which aren't. What about the spells and gems bazaars? Should we keep those separate so the 'normal' bazaar doesn't get flooded with these?
Old 02-03-2004, 12:31 PM   #6
Syrina Emarr

Personally I like the seperate spell and gems. I agree with the >1k and <1k items being merged.. nearly everything is over 1 k these days or they dont' bother to sell it here much.. When they do as long as we were NOT having to click ever thing open to find out if its someone wanting to buy rather than sell I think it would work out fine.
Dejah's stuff

Last edited by Syrina Emarr; 02-03-2004 at 12:32 PM. Reason: left out the word Not...
Syrina Emarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:40 PM   #7
Frekkels

Originally Posted by Ogmuk
What about the spells and gems bazaars? Should we keep those separate so the 'normal' bazaar doesn't get flooded with these?
The 'shiny things' forum has had only 10 threads active in the last 2 months. The last thread on the first page dates all the way back to August. Out of all those threads on the first page, none of them have had more than a single reply. I think Shiny Things could be deleted without any big fuss. Many people already 'mis-post' their Armor MQ's (which if you want to be anal ought to be in Shiny Things) in the Item bazaar because the higher end stuff (BP chainings, etc) still go for big bucks (10's of kpp or more) so they put them in Items because that's where most of the traffic is & that's where the higher ticket items go.

I think the Spells Forum should probably remain as-is. *Possibly* break that down into a WTB/WTS sub-forums as well (for convenience really), but that might be overdoing it. I'm not up on board admin stuff as to extra costs for sub-forums or any other ramifications sub-forums might have for your mods or yourself as an admin. As a comparison to Shiny Things, the last thread on the front page of the Spells forum is only one month old (where the last thread on P.1 of R&F last saw activity ~2 weeks ago as another comparison). Several of the recent Spell threads have moderate activity (4-5 different people replying) on them, and many of the unreplied are WTB threads that are still open (valid) requests.

The economy has changed immensely over the last few years. Higher end (63-65) spells are still in great demand for those not in upper tier guilds because the majority of the player base has limited access to Spectral Parchments & Glyphed Runed Words (which are used to get 63-65 spells).

The upper 50's and rare 60 spells are also still in high (though not tremendous) demand because there are less players farming them. Velious dragons (that often drop those spells) that were once killed w/in an hour of spawning now frequently remain up for days at a time. Same with many Luclin mobs. Their loot tables aren't worth wasting time over for the more powerful guilds when there is excellent PoP loot to get instead.

Despite being a long time retired player, I think you are doing an awesome job as E. Marr's board host. Keep up the great work!

Take care,
Old 02-03-2004, 01:03 PM   #8
Ogmuk
Administrator

Thanks for the great info there, Frekkels. I'll keep that in mind when working on the bazaars.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM   #9
Felessan

/agree Frekkels completely...

The bargain basement, is taking up space...no real activity and could be removed with no real hardship.

I too find it annoying surfing through the WTS/WTB Spam. Two seperate forums would be very nice.

My opinion, anyway.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:34 PM   #10
Sustained

I voted no, because I honestly do not think there is enough traffic in any of those forums to need another.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:58 AM   #11
Belthil

I voted no for two reasons. First, the extra forums aren't really needed... it's not like the posts are scrolling off the first page of the forums in a matter of minutes.

Secondly, I often find myself doing both shopping and selling at the same time. I'll post something up for sale, and at the same time scan the forum for anything I might need. With the forums separated, you'll have much less of that, and thus less sales of 'spur of the moment' type items.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:31 AM   #12
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
I agree with Frekkels.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:31 AM   #13
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic

Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
I just glanced over Frekkels points, I'm sure he covered what I'm about to say.

I voted No, because there are too many forums already. However...if the sales area was reduced to just wtb/wts areas, I'd vote yes.

Originally Posted by Shardmoon
Its true, Cao has a huge epenis. And not just long, but thick. That fucker looks like a pringles can when she waves it around.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote