Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > News, Polls, Rules and Feedback > Homepage > Our News

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #1
Ogmuk
Administrator

Default Private Messaging System

I'm happy with how the dedicated server has been running for the last months and so we have decided to turn on the Private Message system. I've turned it on for everyone. Those who do not wish to use it can turn it off in the User Control Panel.

The message will be stored for when the person comes online. If he or she is online when you send it, the person will receive a warning on the screen and may decide whether to read it or not.

It's also possible to receive an email when you get a new private message. Look in the User Control Panel for that.

If you want to know when somebody is online, add this person to your Buddy List by clicking on their username and the option will be listed on the following page. Our index page also has a spiffy menu that will show any of your buddies who are online at the moment you loaded the page.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:41 AM   #2
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Awesome Ogmuk! This should help solve a lot of Rants and Flames stuff that should be in private, but hopefully people will learn to use it in time so they don't have the excuse of "Well I don't know their email, and I don't want to deal with them in tells in game!"

One step closer to adding pictured signatures and user pictures?

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:02 PM   #3
Lamewl

Send a message via ICQ to Lamewl Send a message via Yahoo to Lamewl
Oh! It wasn't on? Doh, I've been putting in posts that peeps can PM me the whole time I've been here.

Too many boards, so confused...

Anyhow, /vote yes for pictures next! >^-^<
Old 02-04-2004, 06:24 AM   #4
Ogmuk
Administrator

Doesn't matter much. They could have sent you messages via email by clicking on that option in your profile before turning on this option.