Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #26
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Brigiid
Yeah, you can really stretch it and play, "Where would I be today if only my ancestors hadn't been discriminated against?"
Wishing you were here.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #27
Everclear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 6,910
Originally Posted by Brig
Someone apologizing to me today for wrongs committed against one of my great great great grandparents 400 years ago has absolutely no bearing on my life today
Exactly. Just fix it and move the hell on. The blame game is a waste of damn time. They are wasting time and money on who did what 400 years ago instead of just making sure it isn't happening now and moving on with things that are important today. How about addressing medical care? That seems to be related to race/income, how about they tackle that issue, instead of some worthless one?
__________________
Once is an anomoly, twice is a statistic, three times is the imminent takeover of the Devil. -Kulani
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #28
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
Its mighty white of you folks to tell these low lifes to just move on and let go. Slavery might have ended, but I am happy to see we havent let go of the arrogance that came with it. Huzzah.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #29
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1
Its mighty white of you folks to tell these low lifes to just move on and let go. Slavery might have ended, but I am happy to see we havent let go of the arrogance that came with it. Huzzah.
Nice to see the ignorance of the 60s is also still with us! Hell, why don't we just get back to the quota system and be racists that way? We high and mighty crackers don't need nothin! Heck, we're all rich and never had to work a day in our lives to get what we got!
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #30
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1
Its mighty white of you folks to tell these low lifes to just move on and let go. Slavery might have ended, but I am happy to see we havent let go of the arrogance that came with it. Huzzah.
First of all, eat shit. If you don't have any shit, just let me know and I'll provide you with some; I have the time. Secondly, I will feel no guilt nor take any responsibility for actions I did not take. If you think that's arrogant, well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong. Thirdly, why must you assume everyone against this bill is white? Seems a little racist on YOUR part if you ask me.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #31
Alinusara
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 965
Precedence.

Now Virginia (The State) has assumed blame for something done by their predecessors. Original Sin is back!

Expect a lawsuit now that Virginia has assumed responsibility for this.
I'm rather disappointed in you Drysdale. From reading this you seem to be the type to never assume responsibilities for your actions if it can potentially cost you money.
Alinusara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #32
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by A
I'm rather disappointed in you Drysdale. From reading this you seem to be the type to never assume responsibilities for your actions if it can potentially cost you money.
His actions? What actions were those?

Oh wait, you mean the actions of his race? Drysdale should take responsibility for the actions of his race? Just what is your point here?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #33
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Alinusara
I'm rather disappointed in you Drysdale. From reading this you seem to be the type to never assume responsibilities for your actions if it can potentially cost you money.
Oh yes! I had me a big ole messa nigga slaves down on the plantation!

Oh, wait... My grandparents came over here in the 1910-1920's... From Italy... I guess their slaves were all Greek!

Sorry to the Greeks out there. Hope you don't resent my forefathers owning your forefathers. Espescially since you probably held MY forefathers as slaves 500 years before that...
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #34
Davek
Squawk Box
 
Davek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ini is the wind beneath my wings.
Posts: 7,987
Originally Posted by Brigiid
Yeah, you can really stretch it and play
the bagpipes in there....
__________________
Davek Bonemender ~ Guild Leader of Sunrunners ~
~ Retired with 8 years of service ~
~ Semi-unretired 2012 ~

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #35
Alinusara
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 965
His actions? What actions were those?

Oh wait, you mean the actions of his race? Drysdale should take responsibility for the actions of his race? Just what is your point here?
My point is he seems to be expecting a lawsuit just because Virginia apologized.
Alinusara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #36
zzapp the witch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,637
I remember a time when I could type the word nigger on here and have everyone and their brother jumping down my throat.

I remember when I was the only one telling korast he was a pig and a dirty cop.

What have I done to you people?

And why is it that people can only spell my name right when I'm not here?
__________________
Israel likes to say, "Never Forget," but apparently, they forgot.
zzapp the witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #37
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by A
My point is he seems to be expecting a lawsuit just because Virginia apologized.
Pardon me, but this is what Drysdale wrote:

Expect a lawsuit now that Virginia has assumed responsibility for this.

And your response:
I'm rather disappointed in you Drysdale. From reading this you seem to be the type to never assume responsibilities for your actions if it can potentially cost you money.

Your point, with this response, is that Drysdale expects a lawsuit? Huh? Of course he expects a lawsuit. That is what Drysdale wrote! He expects a lawsuit. So when you wrote this response, you were what, echoing him? Gee, your reply sure looks like a lot more than an echo. It looks to me like you claimed Drysdale never assumes responsibility for his actions if it can potentially cost him money.

Let's make this very simple. You used the words "your actions." Very simple question: which actions are those?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #38
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Apparently, If someone uses common sense and comes up with the conclusion that in a world of everyone sueing everyone to get something for NOTHING they used to own slaves?
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:22 AM   #39
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by zzapp the witch
I remember a time when I could type the word nigger on here and have everyone and their brother jumping down my throat.

I remember when I was the only one telling korast he was a pig and a dirty cop.

What have I done to you people?

And why is it that people can only spell my name right when I'm not here?
Because we wub joo!
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:23 AM   #40
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Alinusara
My point is he seems to be expecting a lawsuit just because Virginia apologized.
Your point is apparantly on the top of your head.

Of COURSE I expect a lawsuit. Virginia just handed tie reparations crowd a big ole bullet!

Now how does that have ANYTHING to do with my actions, you simp?
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:56 AM   #41
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Shardmoon
Its mighty white of you folks to tell these low lifes to just move on and let go. Slavery might have ended, but I am happy to see we havent let go of the arrogance that came with it. Huzzah.
What's arrogant about not accepting a 400 year old excuse, and expecting a person to take some responsibility for their own situation?

What exactly is the expiration on something like that?

Should we just continue to say, "Oh, my bad, your great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather was discriminated against, so I don't expect anything from you."?

Fuck that.

Originally Posted by Zzapp
I remember a time when I could type the word nigger on here and have everyone and their brother jumping down my throat.

I remember when I was the only one telling korast he was a pig and a dirty cop.

What have I done to you people?
I'm working on my Ignore skill.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #42
Davek
Squawk Box
 
Davek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ini is the wind beneath my wings.
Posts: 7,987
Originally Posted by Brigiid
I'm working on my Ignore skill.
What about a grand piano instead of the bagpipes?
__________________
Davek Bonemender ~ Guild Leader of Sunrunners ~
~ Retired with 8 years of service ~
~ Semi-unretired 2012 ~

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #43
Alinusara
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 965
Expect a lawsuit now that Virginia has assumed responsibility for this.
My mistake. I must have missed you directly saying this. Well I don't expect one.
Alinusara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.