Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 05:32 AM   #26
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
I saw you wrote a lot but all I read was:
In other words- you cover your ears like a baby and whine if you are pretty much told the truth which you are averse to hearing.

UNLIKE you Bumbles I attempted to join the military when I was young enough and could not for Health reasons, UNLIKE you bumbles I have FRIENDS and FAMILY from world war 2 on up, UNLIKE you bumbles I support the troops and thank them everytime I meet one somewhere,
Good news for you- The Military has lowered their standards. I'm pretty sure you could get in now. They are accepting almost anyone that can walk. Why don't you give it another shot and tell us what they say. This LIE about medical excuses won't fly still.

As far as me and the military. I am an Army brat from a West Point graduate father. I grew up in the military atmosphere. I have met such notables as Omar Bradley. My father worked in the Saudi Embassy, met JFK and served in Nam etc. I was born in South Florida because my father was there during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I had an opportunity to also apply to West Point. I chose not to. It wasn't ever a question about serving or not, but it was about the politics of the military and I also could not bring myself to fight in conflicts that I disagreed with. At the time I graduated from High School (1982) we were 7 years removed from Vietnam and I disagreed with that war. And to be honest with you, I had a better future in store for me if I did not get sidetracked by the military. That is an honest answer (unlike what you will give). I did go to a recruiter and checked it out. I chose college instead.

What's funny with you Ax (and many others like you). Is how many times we hear excuses for you not joining the military. DD has given the same excuse as you. Its bullshit. At least my answer is honest. The military wasn't right for me. Who knew if I was right for it.
And if you want to give an honest answer you will say that you are afraid to sign up. Why? Because you have no history with the military, so it can't be because of understanding the lifestyle. And also you don't seem to have a problem with most if not any conflict. The only reason you REALLY won't sign up is because you are afraid to go off to a war but yet you wish to use others who go off to a war to brand your patriotism.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:36 AM   #27
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by bumbleroot

I got news for you. You don't make yourself tough by associating yourself with soldiers. You make yourself tough by getting off of your ass and putting your money where your mouth is.
How much DID you pay that goat you just sucked off?
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:47 AM   #28
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Bumbles
In other words- you cover your ears like a baby and whine if you are pretty much told the truth which you are averse to hearing.
What is it about "I am not going to dignify this stupidity with any more effort" that confuses you?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:52 AM   #29
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Beal
What is it about "I am not going to dignify this stupidity with any more effort" that confuses you?
When his goats bleats say no, it's eyes say yes...
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:53 AM   #30
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Bah! Double post.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North

Last edited by Drysdale; 02-23-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #31
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by bumbleroot
In other words- you cover your ears like a baby and whine if you are pretty much told the truth which you are averse to hearing.


Good news for you- The Military has lowered their standards. I'm pretty sure you could get in now. They are accepting almost anyone that can walk. Why don't you give it another shot and tell us what they say. This LIE about medical excuses won't fly still.

As far as me and the military. I am an Army brat from a West Point graduate father. I grew up in the military atmosphere. I have met such notables as Omar Bradley. My father worked in the Saudi Embassy, met JFK and served in Nam etc. I was born in South Florida because my father was there during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I had an opportunity to also apply to West Point. I chose not to. It wasn't ever a question about serving or not, but it was about the politics of the military and I also could not bring myself to fight in conflicts that I disagreed with. At the time I graduated from High School (1982) we were 7 years removed from Vietnam and I disagreed with that war. And to be honest with you, I had a better future in store for me if I did not get sidetracked by the military. That is an honest answer (unlike what you will give). I did go to a recruiter and checked it out. I chose college instead.

What's funny with you Ax (and many others like you). Is how many times we hear excuses for you not joining the military. DD has given the same excuse as you. Its bullshit. At least my answer is honest. The military wasn't right for me. Who knew if I was right for it.
And if you want to give an honest answer you will say that you are afraid to sign up. Why? Because you have no history with the military, so it can't be because of understanding the lifestyle. And also you don't seem to have a problem with most if not any conflict. The only reason you REALLY won't sign up is because you are afraid to go off to a war but yet you wish to use others who go off to a war to brand your patriotism.
You arent right for anything your a chicken shit, as far as my health, I'd be willing to bet Ive dont more physical labor this year than you have all your life and after haveing 4 broken necks, no circulation in my legs to speak of, a replaced Knee and a replaced hip and the other two need replacement, you see bumbles people like you would use this as an excuse, I just try get by and do the best I can, unlike you I support our troops by not going out and picketing and spitting on them but by thanking them when I see them, I know about you so called army brats, a lot of you have never been able to make friends for whatever reason, the reason you have none is because your a flaminig idiot. (figured I'd help you out with a reason).

As far as me being afraid, whatever you say dipshit, the people that know me and are my friends know better, I am however glad you feel that way about me because I have found you to be wrong on almost every subject matter you have ever posted on.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #32
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Well aren't you the pitiful little invalid then. Its obvious by your poor physical health how incapable you are of ever standing up for yourself in any type of fight. Therefore you are nothing more than a mouthpiece who has given himself the right to whine, but not the ability to fight.
You, Beal and Drysdale all whine and complain about your poor little bodies. Well, get off your ass and take care of yourself. And stop hiding behind the soldiers. They aren't sacrificing for your pleasure.

And to say that ANY ONE of us liberals protest against the troops and spit on them, is sadly mistaken. I don't protest with picket signs for personal reasons. I would lose my job to start with and the other reason I don't is out of respect for the soldiers. This is the same reasons I wouldn't burn a flag- although I don't condemn the action. And if I did protest, it sure as hell wouldn't be against the troops. They are only pawns in the war game. I would protest against Bush who is WRONG on every account. And I would protest on behalf of the soldiers whom he sends into harms way with little regard for their well-being but great regard for his personal standing. He views the soldiers the same way you do.

As far as your characterization of Army brats, you better watch what you are saying. You are showing us the TRUE contempt that you have towards the soldiers and their families. I am probably not the only Army brat on these boards and many brats are conservatives as well as many are liberals. But the beauty of it is, we all know our place as responsible citizens thanks to the efforts our fathers made and the appreciation we have towards that. That is something you will never know. And maybe that is why you see the soldiers as a symbol and as a separate entity instead of the way those who have experienced the sacrifices understand them.
And If I were to have contempt for soldiers I would have to start with my father. I don't have contempt for him, I have complete respect and honor for the sacrifices he made. So as you can see, my perspective is much truer than yours. You have contempt for the soldiers' families, yet you pretend to understand the sacrifices made by soldiers.
The problem with you Ax is that you think the life of a soldier is what you see in the movies. You are detached from the realities of it. I, on the other hand have seen the strain that combat puts on a man, and a family. You never will, and therefore you just see soldiers as symbols and you are detached from the realities a soldier faces.

As far as friends, I have plenty and I have had plenty. I don't have social issues. Unlike you, my experiences have allowed me to meet people from all walks of life and my life was greatly enriched by my experience as an Army brat. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #33
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by bumbleroot
As far as goats, I have plenty and I have had plenty. I don't have social issues. Unlike you, my experiences have allowed me to meet quadrupeds from all walks of life and my life was greatly enriched by my experience as a goat fucker. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
fixed.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #34
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Ya See DD- this is what you and your two stooge friends do. Every time you are rightly put in your place, you resort to trying to change the subject instead of responding with honesty. Shit, honesty to you is just a term of convenience to be dragged out and used when it fits your agenda.
Be honest with us all- you and your stooges are afraid to fight.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #35
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
Bumbles, I think I'd like to hear more detail on your theories. Not just this one, but really anything that strikes your fancy. I'm starting to find the process by which you arive at conclusions fascinating. I think it would be fun to learn more about how your mind works.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #36
Everclear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 6,910
Originally Posted by Bumbleroot
you and your stooges are afraid to fight.
Not me... I am just too self centered to be a pawn for some stupid politician who uses others to further thier personal agenda. No thanks. I also don't support politicians using soldiers in such a way. I have no problem defending my rights (I have no problem shooting an intruder into my home)... but the military is abused so badly in how it is used now that to equate joining the military with "serving your country" is no longer true, imo. The gesture is noble, yes... you are putting the needs of others before your own... the problem is, imo the "others" are selfish politicians... not your average citizen.
So... I support the troops, and feel for them. I did plenty for the military when I was younger, so I am happy that I have done my part.
__________________
Once is an anomoly, twice is a statistic, three times is the imminent takeover of the Devil. -Kulani
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:04 PM   #37
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by bumbleroot
Ya See DD- this is what you and your two stooge friends do. Every time you are rightly put in your place, you resort to trying to change the subject instead of responding with honesty. Shit, honesty to you is just a term of convenience to be dragged out and used when it fits your agenda.
Be honest with us all- you and your stooges are afraid to fight.
You haven't put anything in it's place except your penis into that goat.

Dude, you're sto vapidly stupid that i stopped even trying to answer you. It's like trying to teach a pig to sing.

You don't have a fucking point, you aren't honest, and you aren't worth the time to even answer this, but I'm a stubborn person with a high tolerance for fucktards like you, so I answered your goat-fucking ass. Now, go back to the petting zoo and pick up your next date. The adults are trying to have a conversation.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #38
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by AjTaliesen
Bumbles, I think I'd like to hear more detail on your theories. Not just this one, but really anything that strikes your fancy. I'm starting to find the process by which you arive at conclusions fascinating. I think it would be fun to learn more about how your mind works.
It has a mind? Are you sure? I was betting on a nerve net at best.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #39
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
Shut up Drysdale you connie puppet. You're just a pansy who CLAIMS he opposed burning children but doesn't have the guts to be a fire fighter. And how many times have you posted about the constitution? But you lack the fortitude to go out and be a lawyer, or the guts to be a cop and actually do something for the constitution. So you don't have the right to talk about that.

Oh and taxes? Ha thats a laugh. You don't have the right to an opinion on taxes. Are you an accountant? Didn't have the guts did you. Coward.

I'd call you on it, but I didn't have the courage to become an internet board monitor. Seemed like a lot of work, not to mention the monthly charges and upkeep, so I don't have the right to have an opinion on board conduct.

But if I did...boy I'd rip you a new one!
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #40
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
Seriously though, our nations military is designed by law that the top individuals must be civilian. The top ranking active military post is Chairman of the join chiefs, who answers to the Secretary of Defense (a civilian position appointed by the president and ratified by congressional approval).

Our current Secretary of Defense by the way, has not (to my knowledge) ever served in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines (he is former CIA).

On the other hand, as two time winner of the Intelligence distinguished service medal and three time recipient of the Distinguished Intelligence medal (Our CIA is apparently crap at coming up with decent names for awards) I'm not sure I would characterise him as "Cowardly."

It is designed so that the military would be under the command of civilian personel either elected by public balloting, or appointed and approved by elected representatives, so that the military could not act unilateraly and must always have a civilian order.

In other words: without civilian approval, there IS no military.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #41
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Bumbles
Ya See DD- this is what you and your two stooge friends do. Every time you are rightly put in your place, you resort to trying to change the subject instead of responding with honesty.
There is no point is responding to abject stupidity. I mean that with all sincerity: your comments are ridiculous. That's just where we have to disagree. You think you are actually making sense. I don't. I think that you have taken some stale old DNC talking points, which were at least defensible, and mutated them to the point of absurdity. If you actually believe the nonsense you are posting, I may as well try to argue with a scizophrenic.

Originally Posted by Bumbles
Be honest with us all- you and your stooges are afraid to fight.
How do I fight with stupidity? We both have our opinion on whether I am "allowed" to support military action. I know I am right. You apparently know you are right. What else do you want, Bumbles? Shall we trade insults some more? Ok.

The standard DNC approach to arguments with a Republican supporting a war is to call the Republicans "chickenhawks." This insult was designed to counter the notion that the war supporters are "hawks." The point is thus that there is nothing "brave" about supporting a war if you do not fight in it yourself. That's where the standard rhetoric ends, though. The logic makes sense up to this point: you're not necessarily brave just because you support a war. This is a particularly meaningful insult if the war supporter can be accused of dodging the draft because the DNC puppet can then imply that the supporter is in fact a coward.

This is just a manner of insulting but at least there is some logic to it...up to this point.

Now here comes the insult, fucktard:

You are attempting to carry on this standard DNC argument with what you see as standard "cons" but you are so fucking stupid that you fail to understand the talking points you have been fed. You completely misunderstood your marching orders and now you are laughably trying to claim that a man is not entitled to weigh the pros and cons of going to war unless he participates in the war. It was already nothing more than a petty insult. But through an extraordinary lack of cognative ability, you have managed to turn something that had marginal value as an insult in to something that has no redeeming value at all. The idea that you cannot support military action without joining the military and fighting is so ridiculously stupid for so many reasons that I cannot imagine a man with any capacity for independent thought could possibly come up with it.

Take, for example, the reality of living in a representative democracy. The vast majority of people in this country are not members of any branch of the armed forces. By your logic, the vast majority of voters in this country must either oppose or simply have no opinion on any and all military conflicts. Essentially the people can never support armed conflict. Ever. It would be impossible to put 51% of the voting age population on the front line. However Bumbles, apparently you are such a mental midget that you actually believe we can put 100 million people on the battlefield. Or maybe we can build 50,000 more ships, eh dumbfuck? That way we can all join the navy and legitimately have an opinion on armed conflict.

Or apply your logic to policing. By your logic, unless I join a police department, I am not allowed to support policing of any sort. I must, at best, have no opinion on the matter or I must support anarchy. After all, I am a hypocrite if I think it is a good idea to enforce our laws unless I happen to be a police officer.

Or consider another implication of your nonsense line of reasoning. If only active members of the military are qualified to decide whether or not we go to war, then only active military should be allowed to make that decision. Not the President. Not Congress. Not the people. Just the men and women of our military. Now, dear fucktard, I am not sure if you are aware but the Constitution specifically grants the authority for warmaking to the President and Congress. The Founding Fathers, as dumb as they obviously were compared to a man of your...intellectual prowess, had this crazy notion that the military should be controlled by civillians. They actually wanted Congress to declare war and the President to lead the military in to war. So when patting yourself on your back for thinking up this absolutely worthless bit of nonsense, try to keep in mind that even the idiots who done wrote our Constitution were of the opinion that our generals and admirals should not be the ones who decide when, where and how to go to war. Try to keep in mind that this country was founded on a principal that violates your newfound "logic." Try to keep in mind that your logic comes dangerously close to implying that the only legitimate form of government is a military dictatorship.

Feel free to consider the preceding several paragraphs to be one giant "go fuck yourself," Bumbles. Happy now? Shall we keep going with the absofuckinglutely ridiclous argument? Or can we move on to debating whether water runs downhill?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #42
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Not me... I am just too self centered to be a pawn for some stupid politician who uses others to further thier personal agenda. No thanks. I also don't support politicians using soldiers in such a way. I have no problem defending my rights (I have no problem shooting an intruder into my home)... but the military is abused so badly in how it is used now that to equate joining the military with "serving your country" is no longer true, imo. The gesture is noble, yes... you are putting the needs of others before your own... the problem is, imo the "others" are selfish politicians... not your average citizen.
So... I support the troops, and feel for them. I did plenty for the military when I was younger, so I am happy that I have done my part.
And I did not call you on this either EC. I didn't lump you in with those other stooges. At least you are forthcoming in your reasons. I just am sick of the lack of honest reasons for not joining. These three stooges don't want to fight because they are afraid. They have constantly glorified the use of the military, the purposes of this war and the military itself, but they do nothing but hide behind the soldiers to make themselves look tough. It is transparent and it doesn't work.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #43
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by bumbleroot
And I did not call you on this either EC. I didn't lump you in with those other stooges. At least you are forthcoming in your reasons. I just am sick of the lack of honest reasons for not joining. These three stooges don't want to fight because they are afraid. They have constantly glorified the use of the military, the purposes of this war and the military itself, but they do nothing but hide behind the soldiers to make themselves look tough. It is transparent and it doesn't work.
Why haven't YOU joined the resistance over in Iraq, if you're against the war? Put up or shut up fucker. Al Qeda needs YOU!

In fact, I'll tell you what. You go join Al Qeda, move to Iraq and begin the resistance and I'll go down to the recruiter and try my best to join the army.

Come on, bitch. Let's see you prove YOUR convictions!

Yeah, that's what I thought. Bumbles, you're the biggest tard in the universe.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #44
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Oh, Bumbletard: I've applied on more than one occasion for a number of jobs located in Iraq. I also tried to get on in Afghanistan. All the jobs were within my job field. I HAVE tried to get over there to help.

So why don't you go crawl under your rock and STFU until you have even 1/2 a fucking clue as to what other people have and haven't done.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:22 PM   #45
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
What pisses me off is my health condition that you like to make fun of "juvenal rheamatoid arthritis" affected me at the age of around 12 or 13 and in effect ended me playing sports, so therefore since I did not participate in sports I am apparently now never supposed to have a conversation about them and if I do my points are not valid because i didnt play.......... first of all BUmbles I bet your mom is going god Im glad I died so noone else realizes I didnt about him, secone of all your more than welcome to come to ND and challenge my manhood or whatever it is you think you are challenging in person, 3rd of all I have many friends and relatives whom were in the service and in many different wars from ww2 on up (maybe further back but unlike you I try to stick to people I actually know and not the fucking voices in my head that tell me I have friends).
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #46
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Ax- you're drunk. Hardly validates anything you say.
--Second My mother died in December. She has nothing to do with you so leave her out of it. She saw her husband off to war and other hot spots in the world. So her perspective was much stronger than yours. And she has earned her beliefs on soldiering.
--Third. You talk like you're a fighter but too bad you aren't.


DD- Quit your LIEING. You haven't applied anywhere. We know they would easily accept anyone willing to go. And besides we have been down this road with you before. You didn't apply then. You haven't since then.

Why haven't YOU joined the resistance over in Iraq, if you're against the war? Put up or shut up fucker. Al Qeda needs YOU!
AL QAEDA is in Afghanistan dumbass. Iraq was never about AL QAEDA and even Bush admitted as much.
Secondly, being against this war has nothing to do with being sympathetic with Al Qaeda. I am on record for my reasons being against this war from the very start of it. We have squandered our goodwill with others, greatly hurt our budget and wrecked our military. I was on record saying this was the wrong war at the wrong time for these very reasons and I have always been right. I care about my country and I don't want to see it squandered on a folly unlike you- who doesn't really care what going to war does to our country.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #47
Alinusara
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 965
I supported the war until we lost our focus in Afganistan chasing OBL and went into Iraq. That and watching Bush squander international goodwill "extraordinary rendition" anyone? I realized that Bush is catering to terrorists, and hurting the constitution and international law far more then any terrorist ever have.

That being said, I apologize Axgar. You and I are almost polar opposites in many political matters but cheapshots about your physical condition are uncalled for.

Bumbles you are wrong. Any US citizen should be allowed to voice concerns or give praises about the war effort according to their own personal belief. In fact, our 1st admendmant covers it pretty well.
Alinusara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #48
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by bumbleroot
Ax- you're drunk. Hardly validates anything you say.
--Second My mother died in December. She has nothing to do with you so leave her out of it. She saw her husband off to war and other hot spots in the world. So her perspective was much stronger than yours. And she has earned her beliefs on soldiering.
--Third. You talk like you're a fighter but too bad you aren't.


DD- Quit your LIEING. You haven't applied anywhere. We know they would easily accept anyone willing to go. And besides we have been down this road with you before. You didn't apply then. You haven't since then.


AL QAEDA is in Afghanistan dumbass. Iraq was never about AL QAEDA and even Bush admitted as much.
Secondly, being against this war has nothing to do with being sympathetic with Al Qaeda. I am on record for my reasons being against this war from the very start of it. We have squandered our goodwill with others, greatly hurt our budget and wrecked our military. I was on record saying this was the wrong war at the wrong time for these very reasons and I have always been right. I care about my country and I don't want to see it squandered on a folly unlike you- who doesn't really care what going to war does to our country.
Like I said idiot, your invited to come to ND, I may be old and all beat up but when you come (which you wont because you talk to much) you will be young and beat up.

That being said, since you and your mama are so smart go ahead and figure out a way for me to go fight in this war and ........ Ill be there, who knows maybe your mom has connections now......

I dont believe you mom is dead I dont beleive your dad was in the service (although I do believe he has and still is servicing Richard Simmons) and I don't even believe your a man, I do believe your a lieing piece of shit who has no clue about people and likes to talk shit on here to make his life seem valid......... now get out of your basement and go meet real people and quit jacking off to reruns of Larry King live.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:36 AM   #49
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
I was an Army brat growing up, and seriously contemplated joining the military after I graduated from high school. I was just 17 at the time, though, and decided to give college a try first. Then I got into public safety, and spent a few years going through police, fire, and EMS training. I was really enjoying what I was doing, and while joining the military was still a very attractive option for me, there was no real sense of urgency about it.

Then I met my (now) husband, and he really really didn't want me to join. He didn't want to move around. He didn't want me to deploy. So I chose him over the military, and I won't apologize for that.

My dad served for 22 years and saw a number of conflicts. All 3 of my brothers are currently serving, and all 3 have been to Iraq. I have 2 brothers in Iraq currently. I also have a number of friends and co-workers over there. I'm not happily sending the faceless masses off to die on foreign soil.

So you know what, Bumbles? Fuck you. I don't need your permission to form an opinion, or to support or not support the war. Nobody here does. You've got your reasons for not joining, and they aren't any more or less valid than anyone else's. I can support or not support the war without having ever served - just like you.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #50
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Alinusara
I supported the war until we lost our focus in Afganistan chasing OBL and went into Iraq. That and watching Bush squander international goodwill "extraordinary rendition" anyone? I realized that Bush is catering to terrorists, and hurting the constitution and international law far more then any terrorist ever have.

That being said, I apologize Axgar. You and I are almost polar opposites in many political matters but cheapshots about your physical condition are uncalled for.

Bumbles you are wrong. Any US citizen should be allowed to voice concerns or give praises about the war effort according to their own personal belief. In fact, our 1st admendmant covers it pretty well.

Dont worry about cheap shots about my physical condition, I give people shit I expect shit back, and quite frankly I think MOST of us could kick back have a beer and a normal and peaceful conversation in person, BUMBLES on the other hand basically called me out and if he thinks Im a chickenshit thats fine but if he ever shows up to try prove that to me....... well its to his disadvantage.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.