Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Trait Knowledge > Cleric

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2004, 05:26 AM   #1
Yoor

Default Cleric Items

What are some high utility, droppable (buyable) cleric items for a 61-65 cleric? I played in an era where +manna/+hp items were the rage since we were always capped on other stats (~2 years ago).

1) Now... clerics can melee... does that mean we need to find a haste item?
2) Our caps are much higher... recap wis or is there a diminishing return?
3) How and where do FT items fit into the equation?

I'm doing homework on my own, but I wonder what others think as well.

Thanks,

Yoor / Moor
Yoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:35 AM   #2
Drujjanger

Originally Posted by Yoor
What are some high utility, droppable (buyable) cleric items for a 61-65 cleric? I played in an era where +manna/+hp items were the rage since we were always capped on other stats (~2 years ago).

1) Now... clerics can melee... does that mean we need to find a haste item?
2) Our caps are much higher... recap wis or is there a diminishing return?
3) How and where do FT items fit into the equation?
Haste is not really needed, as you get a high level Yaulp spell at 65 which gives you haste + dex (to help your summoned hammer proc). I'd go for WIS/HP/MANA/AC/RESIST gear, STA and DEX perhaps would also be somewhat useful.

Flowing Thought is always a good thing, your goal should be to eventually max it out at FT 15. Easier said than done... Do the Earring of the Solstice quest, it's FT1, and work towards getting a couple of ornate bracer molds, each of those give FT2.

Hope this helps.

"When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home." Cliff Burton (Metallica - To Live is to Die)
Drujjanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:51 AM   #3
Edyukated

all depends if you would rather be a melee cleric or a Raiding cleric

find that out and you'll find out which gear is best suited for you
55 Agnostic Minstrel
"If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?"
Edyukated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:15 AM   #4
Garoan
At your cervix

Originally Posted by Edyukated
all depends if you would rather be a melee cleric or a Raiding cleric
Melee cleric = Paladin...

Work on your Mana pool (ie Wis and + mana) and your mana regen, FT and the Mental Clarity AAs, Get an Improved Healing 4, and Mana Preservation 4 item, then HP, and Resists. Also, buy a horse or drogmor. In outdoor zones you can cast and mem spells while on horse and you are considered to be standing by mobs, but you get sitting mana regen.

Check out Ornate XXX Molds for good droppable gear, assuming you have a large budget. Wristplates of Vengeful Fury, Vambraces of Vengeful Fury, and Boots of Vengeful Fury are a good start, from Ornate Molds, but will run you a couple hundred k plat total, at least.

Sometimes I think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Last edited by Garoan; 02-19-2004 at 07:22 AM.
Garoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:31 AM   #5
Edyukated

Originally Posted by Garoan
Melee cleric = Paladin...
Thats true a melee cleric is just a paladin who cant hold aggro... errr i mean taunt we can hold aggro pretty well lol
55 Agnostic Minstrel
Old 02-19-2004, 09:38 AM   #6
Mendeus
Un-registered User

Send a message via AIM to Mendeus Send a message via Yahoo to Mendeus
1. Not worth getting a haste item.
2. Re-cap wis. It is worth it.
3. Max your FT. Earring of Solstice (sp?) is easy enough to get. The only ornate gear I would reccommend are the bracers (each FT2) and arm plates (Improved Healing 4). Then probably go for LDoN armor for the rest and trick them out with FT and mana augs.

IMO thats the easiest way to get decently equiped. Unless you're going to join a raiding guild or something.
Mendeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:05 AM   #7
Rubenn Zar'shek

LMAO, cleric melee? The dps from a cleric meleeing mobs is so insignificant yer better off just maxing FT and wis.

You're worth more to a group with mana then standing around missing stuff with a hammer.

Rubenn Zar'shek
Archon of Affliction
Rubenn Zar'shek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:34 AM   #8
Yoor

Originally Posted by Rubenn Zar'shek
LMAO, cleric melee? The dps from a cleric meleeing mobs is so insignificant yer better off just maxing FT and wis.

You're worth more to a group with mana then standing around missing stuff with a hammer.

Rubenn Zar'shek
Archon of Affliction
I wasn't anticipating Rogue-esqu damage -- I was thinking more along the lines of bash interrupts and periodically breaking the sit/heal/sit/heal cycle.

Also, I hear our high level Yalup has a manna boost in it -- something about clerics being able to regen manna standing & fighting.
Yoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:37 AM   #9
Drujjanger

Originally Posted by Yoor
Also, I hear our high level Yalup has a manna boost in it -- something about clerics being able to regen manna standing & fighting.
It is effective enough to use Yaulp and do some melee combat, really depends on the mobs that you are fighting. For example, a 65 cleric going on a Kael Drakkal raid, should be fighting, nuking, healing, stunning. It's just too easy once you are an Archon

I doubt in the higher end zones you'll be doing much aside from being in a CH rotation, with the occasional elixir or quick heals.

"When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home." Cliff Burton (Metallica - To Live is to Die)
Drujjanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:02 AM   #10
Rubenn Zar'shek

Yep, there is mana regen in yaulp. It's kind of fun sometimes, but won't make the difference between day or night

Clerics still need duel wield IMO =p. Would make us worth while when doubling up in exp groups =p

Rubenn Zar'shek
Archon of Affliction
Rubenn Zar'shek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:14 AM   #11
Starborn

If you can get your hands on a furious hammer of zek and aug it with ykhesa proc and keep yaulp6 going you should be fine with mana regen as well as adding a decent amt of DPS..... if you would rather just sit on your ass and toss a Ch every now and then with a nuke for giggles, you can do that too
Starborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #12
Finbarr

Yo Starb....How's married life?!
Finbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 12:04 PM   #13
Festivus

I melee with summoned hammer all the time. Having played a bard most of my EQ career I can't see sitting on my ass during a fight. Yaulp + hammer does enough dmage to keep me happy, yeah, I am not making much of a difference but I am not bored. The alternative to melee is the portable spit and a ton of baking supplies.

Get a Mana Preservation IV item, max out FT (yeah, thats easy), up your wis cap, RC1, Div Arb, blah blah as said above.

My problem right now is I have too many wisdom items and not enough mana items. Oh, and no MP4 item, oh and need a lot more flowing thought items (gunna kill the guy who set the drop rate on glowing bile in great divide)

no images!
Festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #14
Etumaru

Some of the best items you will find come from LDoN NRo camp. Armor carries all the stats you will need ac/mana/wisodm/resists. There are plenty of augs out there as well. The only drawback is the time you have to invest in collecting enough points. 15 hard adventures will earn you one piece of armor.

Grouping in BoT will not only yield high AA's you can also find some ornate molds dropping. The ones worth it have been noted since the bracers have FTII. For the big upgrades though you should try to attend some pickup towers raids (the debil!). I received Cap of the Drowned Souls from a tower raid and it has FTII.

Anyone that states FT is easy to get to 15 either is in a high end raiding guild or has tons of plat. I have seen some insane pieces of gear coming out of GoD now as well.

Your wisdom will cap itself. All higher end gear has both widsom and mana. Concentrate more on AC and Mana. When mobs hits for 1k you will need that extra AC.

I melee on normal adventures so I don't fall asleep on my keyboard. It can be really fun with the right buffs. I can stun,makr and yaulp ... making me a happy camper for the hour. You will not need a haste item really because of yaulp (also stacks with shammy haste).

There, think I answered them all

Etumaru Soulyfter
65 Exarch of EMarr
Proud Cleric Advocate of Sanctuary of Marr
Etumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #15
Festivus

My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I said FT 15 was easy to get.

no images!
Festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 02:41 PM   #16
Starborn

Hey Fin,

We actually broke it off, I bought her out of the house... 35k... no vasaline after 4 months of ownership (ouch, much h8 for California real estate). Going to go to the Vegas FF, not actually going to FF but people from guild are going to hook up there, should come have a beer with everyone.

PS Fest - that little trick with glowing in the dark I never found to work.

Teer (aka Starborn the crumbled fire elemental on the plane of Hate/Fear, INNY Shouts "STARBORN")
Starborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 05:15 AM   #17
Edyukated

the only time a cleric should even think about being a wannabe cleric is on a prepop raid or in an LDON normal adv. other than i would stick to what your good for.

this coming from the cleric who tried to get a couple hits in on RZ
55 Agnostic Minstrel
Old 02-23-2004, 04:02 AM   #18
Fenlayen

Bahh I melee all the time
Fenlayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 06:43 AM   #19
Fawnii

with yaulp 6 a cleric loses almost no mana regen while meleeing. And the proc rate on the summoned hammer is insane. My wifes cleric melees a bunch and it always gives me a kick.
Fawnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 07:00 AM   #20
Edyukated

every melee clerics goal should be at getting a FHoZ<Furios Hammer of Zek>
From Vallon Zek

P.S. Every MeleeClerics wet dream is the Hammer of Holy Vengeance that drops in PoTime, im sure some of the timed clerics have it and i have SOOO much h8 for them right now
55 Agnostic Minstrel
Old 02-23-2004, 08:08 AM   #21
Fenlayen

/cry you hate me and I've never met you

Normal take people awhile to hate me
Fenlayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:21 PM   #22
Thordanis

I hate you Fen!

Nerf Fens Hammer!!

Duke Thordanis
Divine Grace
Thordanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:56 PM   #23
Edyukated

ok so if clerics could get a 41% haste and then stack their yaulp 6 with it would that be a 70% hasted cleric or 71?
55 Agnostic Minstrel
Old 04-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #24
Koop

Replaced my neck item on Saturday with:
Gorget of Superiority
Haste: 41%
Slot: NECK
AC: +25 Str: +8 Dex: +8 Sta: +8 Cha: +8 Wis: +8 Int: +8 Agi: +8 Fire Resist: +8 Disease Resist: +8 Cold Resist: +8 Magic Resist: +8 Poison Resist: +8 HP: +80 Mana: +80
Classes: Ranger Shaman Druid Cleric Paladin Shadowknight Bard Rogue Warrior Berserker
Races: All Races
Slot 1: Type 7

Did two LDoNs Sunday with it... and noticed a slight difference from my Sea-horse hide belt but, regarding the discussion of mana, I am only FT9 but lately I have found that I am doing better fighting and Yaulping (with C3 or C5) rather than sitting.

I hope to add an FT6 shield soon to give me FT15 (the FT7 BP would be sweet) but if your guild kills Emperor in SSRA (Shawl of Awakenings) or Weapon Master Vtiink Vzaan in Ferubi (Aegis of Discordant Matter) these items have Koadic's Heightened Focus and can boost via spell effect an additional 5 mana per tick which stacks with C5... thus if you are FT15 you can get to what some will refer to as FT20 (though it is really FT15 + 5).

If you get tired of burning too much mana from LDoN - Pulls Gone Wild, try SE'ing the MA when mob is at 30%, when mob is 25%, run ahead and Pacification mobs then use Mark of Kings to pull with... works really well for me and the MA can typically get agro instantly.

You are not just a healer,
Battle Clerics Rock!
Koop
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:55 AM   #25
Vaalken

Go Go Battle Clerics!!!!!!!!!!
RETIRED
Vaalken is offline   Reply With Quote