Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Small Talk

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2002, 09:55 PM   #1
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Default What was... your name again...?

Here's an interesting question and situation for you all.

Back in high school I wasn't too bright on remembering anyone's names at all. In fact it kind of started at around Middle School. I guess I stuck out well enough that everyone could remember my name, though everyone else seemed too alike for me to remember.

Well, up to today. Still have no clue who anyone's name was back in high school, which was like a year and a half ago now since I graduated. Now I'm going to college and in my last quarter classes this girl came up to me like "Hey, how are you doing? Hows your art stuff coming along?" and I'm thinking "Must... remember... name..." and quickly say "Uh, yeah, I'm doing good with all that." Can't really think of much to converse with her about, and don't know what she's doing standing around at the other end of the hallway talking to me for. But eventually she kind of goes away.

Now I'm in another quarter of classes, and I've found that she's in my Tuesday class. At break time half way through class she walks out to go find a drink, and I go out as well. Slowly kind of walking her way, and she stands up from the broken fountain and sees me like "Hey, how are you doing? I heard your name called, but I didn't think it was really you!" and I was like "Oh, yeah, well... I get around..." thinking "Must... remember... name..."

So my situation is... I want to ask this girl whats up since school and if she's doing anything, but I'm not going to go up to her like "Hey woman, I don't remember your name but you seem to remember mine, so lets go out and do something together." Guess I should pay attention to roll call, huh? =P

Ah well, whatever happens, it'll be something new in my life to say the least. Not too afraid of posting this sort of stuff on these boards, either. There's enough for shits and giggles.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 10:09 PM   #2
Igota
Supporter

Role call is money for refreshing the memmory on a girl's name. but if you are going to ask her out, just do it quick. It only gets harder if you wait 'cause you will blow it up in your head to be some huge thing. Rejection happens a lot, nothing to be affraid or ashamed of in the slightest, not going for it on the other hand is something to be a ashamed of.

A strategy that I use a lot is just go talk to her for a bit, keep it light and funny, and then take off when it is going good; say "I would love to continue this some time, jot down your number and i'l call ya" or something of the sort.

She is into you and will do it, and the bonus is that most people will put their name at the top of the paper. Thus solving your problem.

You are living, for the next 4 years of your life, in the easiest place to meet girls on the planet, and there are a ton of um. Have fun with it and good luck.

Last edited by Igota; 12-09-2002 at 10:14 PM.
Igota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:18 AM   #3
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Default names suck

I am the absolute WORST at remembering names.. some ways to figure out her name in college

1) walk by her desk and look at her papers/binder/anything that may have her name on it. then write it down.

2) ask the TA (if there is one) or teacher "hey.. I was wondering if you could help me out.. I want to ask this girl out.. but don't know her name.. you got any clue.. or could you call on her and ask it today" then write it down.

3) ask someone else in your class.. someone you trust not to say anything to her then write it down.

4) make up a fake survey and say it's for your sociology class.. include a line for name, date of birth, sex (general info) and ask some sociological questions.. it's already written down for you this way.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:00 AM   #4
darue_ivywood

Mulva?

darue_ivywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 11:03 AM   #5
Ojuillean

Dolores!

Old 12-10-2002, 07:29 PM   #6
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Well I talked to the girl tonight during my class break. She didn't sit in the spot she sat in the first day, and I thought she had dropped out, but she was there... kind of back in the deeper corner of my eye. I caught her as she walked out the door for break and we started talking a bit. She asked if I was still doing my arts stuff and taking art classes, and sighed in disbelief when I told her I wasn't. But I gave her my website address.. but she said "Oh sorry, we don't have internet yet. But we're supposed to be getting a good computer for it for christmas!" But in the end, between walking to and from the class and bathroom, I couldn't seem to inch towards asking her stuff like "Hey, if you're not doing anything want to do something together some time?"

Luckily I've talked to my guild rangers and they seem to have a good know how on what my next steps should be. I have a week to prepare, and if I don't do it next Tuesday I'll have to wait three weeks before I get to talk with her again. =P That is, unless she drops the class before then. She had told me she doesn't like computers and all. Maybe I could make her feel more easy with it.

Lol, well that's kind of what happened today. Kind of agreeing with people that its about time I go out and really charm a lady. ><

Old 12-10-2002, 08:07 PM   #7
Nuldar
Administrator

Step 1. Send Igota a plane ticket.

Step 2. Hand him a quart of tequilla as soon as he gets off the plane.

Step 3. Turn him loose on campus.

You'll get a minimum of twenty names in the first hour.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:26 PM   #8
Igota
Supporter

Those are the three greatest steps in the history of mankind. I love you Nuldar.

But on a serious note, just a couple quick pieces of advice if you don't mind.

First off, when you go for the number you don't necesaraly have to have a date in mind, just go for the number. And if you do ask her out in person it makes everything a lot easier and more enjoyable for you both if you pick somthing fun and somthing that does not have a heavy date conotation. It is a hell of a lot more fun for a first date when the pressure is off (i.e. no dinner or movie).

Also, I would not ever say anything like, "Hey, if you're not doing anything want to do something together some time?" Kind of makes you sound like you are at her beck and call, and are not confidant. Have somthing specific and light hearted in mind when you ask her out, maybe give her a few options to keep it open, but don't just leave it THAT open.

A golden rule of procrastination with girls is this: When you put off approaching a girl, chatting it up and eventually asking for her number, it only makes it all harder. So just fucking do it. Also, the longer you see her after class but don't go do anything, the deeper in the friend zone you appear to go, which makes it harder to get back in the panty zone (which I know is where you wanna be).

Another golden rule for us guys is this: If you are getting the impression that a girl likes you, she does, they are FAR more subtle then we are, and if we pick up on it she is trying DAMN hard to get the point accross.

What's the worst that can happen? she says no, and now you know so you can just be friends and move on to the next one. She digs you, just do it.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:25 PM   #9
rayndor1.0

Send a message via AIM to rayndor1.0
I seem to have misplaced my phone number, can i have yours?

And if you cant remember her name, introduce her to a friend. Say, this is my friend <friend's name>. Shell introduce herself and youll be in her pants faster than Igota gets turned down.
rayndor1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 05:30 AM   #10
Zelgadis

I got her name figured out, I think. Now if I could only remember it for more than 10 minutes without forgetting it for another three hours. Next time I remember it I'll have to write it down on paper.

Old 12-11-2002, 06:28 AM   #11
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
I got her name figured out, I think.
Don't think. Know. If your wrong it may create an odd silence. Nobody likes and odd silence.
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 09:15 AM   #12
Gurglespit

Default igota

Yup igota made the best point you can make when it comes to asking a girl out... confidnece is key. The more you beat around the bush, the weaker you look and the less likely she will continue to be interested in you.

Remember her name.. nothing is worse than saying "Hey Cheyrl! how ya doing??" when you are talking to Beth.. trust me I know
Old 12-11-2002, 10:05 AM   #13
Zelgadis

Yeah, I've had a couple occassions where that's happened to me.

Me - "Hey, I have something to tell you about that guy they call Fred."

Them - "...err... don't you mean..."

I have the girl's name written down in my wallet so I don't forget it again, though. Luckily I work with an endless list of names during my job, and one of the names I came across today kicked my memory back into gear.

Old 12-11-2002, 01:54 PM   #14
The Earth Keeper

Send a message via ICQ to The Earth Keeper Send a message via AIM to The Earth Keeper Send a message via MSN to The Earth Keeper Send a message via Yahoo to The Earth Keeper
NUMBER ONE

YEAR BOOK

Even if you dont have one I am sure someone has one.

NUMBER TWO

Pay attention to roll call next week make sure to sit near her so you can make sure it is her that responds.

NUMBER THREE

Steal her purse school Id drivers license something will ahve her name on it.

NUMBER FOUR

Pay someone to ask her name. This takes some thinking ahead as you dont pay them to walk up and say " This jackass doesnt have the balls to admit he doesnt remember your name " . I used to do to my poor friends before they learned not to ask me to do that kind of crap.
The Earth Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 06:48 PM   #15
Igota
Supporter

Hehehe, you can always play 20 questions to try and figure out the name too, like ask her how she spells her name, of couse that can MEGA backfire if it is something simple like "liz". It only really works on girls with foriegn names or just tricky ones, and I can usually remember if it is an odd name or not.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:18 AM   #16
Lixivia

omg just ask her what her name is, she probably figured it out already, we're smarter than you think

lol
Old 12-12-2002, 08:59 AM   #17
Gurglespit

Originally posted by Lixivia
omg just ask her what her name is, she probably figured it out already, we're smarter than you think

lol
bah! don't listen to THEM!
Old 12-12-2002, 09:59 AM   #18
Zelgadis

My plan is to buy an address book thing, write a bunch of fake addresses and names and phone numbers on them down to like the middle of a page, and then go up to her and ask her for her information and phone number. That way would be a sure win.

And I don't think she does suspect a thing of me not knowing exactly what her name is right now, because who ever knew me in high school knew me as a shy quiet guy who isolated himself from the crowd and not being that responsive half the time.

Old 12-12-2002, 10:31 AM   #19
Igota
Supporter

who ever knew me in high school knew me as a shy quiet guy who isolated himself from the crowd and not being that responsive half the time.
GAHHH!!!!!! Change it now!!!!

You are god's gift to women, learn it, live it, love it.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:41 AM   #20
Zelgadis

Actually the reason I didn't really make any actions at women was because I didn't know if they were dating or were not dating someone already. I've met lots of nice ladies since High School, but they were mostly already pimped out by Rubenn. O.o Suppose I'm willing to chance it this time around, though.

Old 12-12-2002, 10:58 AM   #21
Igota
Supporter

Bah, sometimes it is esier to take a girl out of a relationship then get one that is single. If she does not have a ring on her fingure she is open season (if she has a real relationship you don't stand a chance anyway).

And don't take that line of, "Sorry, I have a boyfriend" when you ask for a number, a ton of the hotter women get asked out so much that they have shit like that up as an auto response and when you don't buy it it sets you appart from the other contenders. If she really does refer to my first point
Old 12-12-2002, 11:58 AM   #22
Ojuillean

Zelg......dude..........................you're putting wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much thought into this.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:28 PM   #23
rayndor1.0

Send a message via AIM to rayndor1.0
Actually the reason I didn't really make any actions at women was because I didn't know if they were dating or were not dating someone already
My philiosophy is pretty simple when it comes to woman. Just tell yourself its mind over matter. If she doesnt mind, then he don't matter!
rayndor1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 04:27 PM   #24
Nuldar
Administrator

Originally posted by Igota
Bah, sometimes it is esier to take a girl out of a relationship then get one that is single. If she does not have a ring on her fingure she is open season (if she has a real relationship you don't stand a chance anyway).

I could be that boyfriend. Being the small wimpish person that I am, I would have to send Vendrix to have a "talk" with you. Watcha gonna do then?!
Old 12-12-2002, 05:05 PM   #25
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Watcha gonna do then?!
Bust him in half.

Seriously though. If I had a girlfriend, and she was willing to consider other options in regards to men, I'd dump her in a heartbeat. Why would I want someone to be around me when they are looking for someone "better"?
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote