Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Small Talk

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2003, 06:15 PM   #26
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Actually, after that last incident I mentioned, I went and redid my profile. I've gotten a response from just about every lady I've sent messages to so far. This should get to be fun!

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 05:45 AM   #27
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Zelgadis, if you have Starz, look for the movie Chat Room which comes on every month or so. Even though its a comedy its got many trueisms in it.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:57 AM   #28
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Well, I can only assume you're talking about people decieving others about who they really are. Hear the stories on the news about two people getting together through online dating for anonymous sex, and the guy wakes up without his penis? I could only hope that won't happen to me. Otherwise I may have to get an cybernetic attachment. =/

Old 10-28-2003, 07:42 AM   #29
Deadscale

(has to like metal & classical music, brunette, short, spanish/euro (american chicks suck) late 20s, not a total prude, likes drinking, likes movies, likes going on driving trips)
That kinda reminds me of the girl I met from NZ lol
You should see her drink! :eek:
Deadscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 05:49 AM   #30
Zelgadis

Well so I've found a girl who wants to see me more than one night before dropping me completely. I was really excited about that for a while, but oooooh boy...

Old 11-07-2003, 09:00 AM   #31
Lixivia

zelg would you say this is a positive thing? i'm kind of getting desprate ...
Old 11-07-2003, 10:07 AM   #32
Zelgadis

Well let me first start out by describing her and her present life. She's like latino and stuff, you know, the tanned skin and dark hair and eyes. She's 22 years old and lives on her own in an apartment complex tower place. She likes to read and write a lot of poetry. She doesn't have a job or a car and doesn't know how to drive at all, in fact. It may be due to her history or something with her family not doing so well financially. She was in a car accident last year and had a major head injury that lead to a mental issue that requires medication in the mornings and evenings so she doesn't start acting weird. (I know a lot of people would say that's a really bad sign to begin with) Because of this she is granted free money every week for being disabled in this way and gains access to disability discounts. That's how she lives on her own in her apartment, although it's really really small in there. She gets all of this as long as she doesn't have a job.

Well, she's nice and all. She said she's going to move to California to help out her twin sister in December, but I told her I'd date her anyway. And this is where it kind of goes goofy.

She begs me to come visit her every night. She begs me to sleep with her every night. She insists that I quit my job and move out and into her place even though I don't have my own car yet and don't have any idea of where I'd get a job after that around where she lives. I've told her that even though my family is mormon I don't quite understand religion in general (for reasons stated in the past here), so when she took me to church last Sunday (she doesn't go to church, but considers herself Christian) and I wrote "Mormon" in their sign in guest book she got really hyper mad. Whenever she gets ahold of me or is with me she tries really hard to not let me leave or let go, even when I tell her I should get going or I need to get going. I guess that's my fault because I feel it'd crush her as if I were just walking out on her. You know how I am.

I had spent over $200 in quite a short amount of time on her because she didn't have anything for food at her apartment, and what ever she did order she only ate a quarter of it before turning the food away. In fact, she decided not to eat anything on Tuesday when I said I was coming around and I told her that I didn't have much money left, and then I found myself surrounded by her two other friends who were dating together and was expected to not only buy everyone dinner, but drive them all out as well (no one but myself had a car. =/) The night ended with me paying for everyone, even though I told them I couldn't afford it, because the waitress forgot to split the bill between our two parties and that the other couple didn't understand the concept of paying a little bit with cash and the rest with a credit card. So I ended up going negative in my bank account. Luckily I had a check to deposit from work, which saved me big time. She's also looking for a place for her cat for when she leaves and was begging me to take it out of her hands. So I brought it up with my folks and they turned down the idea because we have two old cats of our own still and it wouldn't be nice to them. So I told her this and she started getting all grumpy and mad because... A. I couldn't. B. I wouldn't. C. I don't have my own apartment to take it in to. D. I told other people that she was moving to California... what's the big deal.

She seems to like saying "You presented me with a glimmer of hope and took it away right in front of me!" My responses are usually "Sorry, there's nothing I can do about it." or "Are you sure you took your medication tonight?" What's worse is she wants me to also move to California with her, and she said she loves me on the second date. I kind of stand there when she says those sorts of things with a blank face and don't answer her on that sort of subject. I've been losing a lot of sleep because she wants me to stay so late which seems to be affecting me in the office at work. Not to mention my family is getting mad at me for hanging around with her so late. I felt crummy because I was supposed to be there waiting for a call for my younger brother when he was done with work on Saturday so I could pick him up and bring him home, but instead I was talked into driving the girl up to North East Omaha to an area I hadn't been to before so I could drop her off to babysit her cousin's children. Luckily my brother got home safely.

Anyway, that's the gist of things. I've had zero personal time at home since I've met her and I'm trying to get her to slow down and give me some room. I just recieved my copy of FF11 on the date of our first time out and haven't been able to really get to know the game yet. So I just started to allow my younger brother to play it instead.

I told her after Wednesday that I was going to stay home for a couple days with my family, and she said "Okay, you should spend some time with them." I was like "Yes! Finally some time alone!" I decided to not go to class last night because I was so tired during work, so I went straight home. A few hours later I got a phone call from her and I explained my situation and how I was kind of thinking I could spend maybe an hour at her place to hang out, but I didn't because I was really tired. She started saying stuff like "You're mean! You presented me with an opportunity and then took it away right in front of me by saying you were thinking about coming to my apartment tonight! Why don't you?"

Really, if this keeps going on as it is, I'm going to tell her off. No dating relationship should be this way, especially from the very start. As I've heard from others, she is acting like we're married already and has complete ownership over me.

Old 11-07-2003, 10:12 AM   #33
Zelgadis

In short terms, yes, I must have found one of the freaks that everyone talks about from Personals sites. Let's see if she can't fix herself up first, though.

Old 11-07-2003, 10:40 AM   #34
Sarkam Warbringer

Send a message via AIM to Sarkam Warbringer
Step away Zelgadis, she's a psycho.
Sarkam Warbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:16 AM   #35
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

She likes to read and write a lot of poetry.
Ding Ding Ding Sylvia Plath Psycho Alert!!!!!!

Before you know it she'll be laying down on railroad tracks.

I used to date insane women because the sex was generally great. However when they wake up in the night screaming that they are being raped by ghosts you start to lose sleep....precious sleep.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:26 AM   #36
Nuldar
Administrator

Second that.

I third it, got beat to second.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:31 PM   #37
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

What's worse is she wants me to also move to California with her, and she said she loves me on the second date.
Run away while you still can with your ween intact.
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:27 PM   #38
Ulujain

I fourth that one; been there, done that.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:06 PM   #39
Nikaila

Send a message via AIM to Nikaila
Dump her and marry me, Zelg ><

Honestly, from the way you talk about her to me all the time, she seems to be using you for sex and for your car/money. I'd get rid of her unless you don't mind paying for her and her friends. =/

Got Sig?
Nikaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:30 PM   #40
Lixivia

Step away Zelgadis, she's a psycho
rofl, thats exactly what i was thinking, think i will hold on those personal ads ...
Old 11-08-2003, 09:10 AM   #41
Zelgadis

Well, I knew that this would be how you all would respond. Let me add that my parents are so concerned that my mother has been offering to answer all the phone calls for me in the event that she calls up so I can have more time without being bothered. Ironlute says she adds to the motion, too, as well as a few other ladies I've chatted with closely before. Either tonight or tomorrow I'm going to bring her stuff back and take my stuff and give her the good bye. Not sure about tonight because on Saturday all the cars are usually taken!

It's really turned out to be a fun thread.

Think I'll stop trying after this one. Romance just isn't for everyone after all. At least not at a younger age!

Old 11-12-2003, 08:12 AM   #42
Lixivia

so i was bored the other night and started looking at the personals that are online (pretty much out of curiosity from this thread), and much to my suprise, most of the guys on it were not bad looking at all. but shit zelg, that is expensive, its like 15-25$ a month (depending on the site you go to) to be able to email people back and forth, which i think is rediculous.

yeah it is free to put up your own, but if someone really wanted a date bad enough to pay that much monthly just looking for one, i think i would be scared.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:16 AM   #43
Zelgadis

Yeah, it is really stupid. What I would end up doing was I'd send out ice breakers to ninety million ladies and wait for a response. When I started getting responses I'd sign up for a month (paying for a year just wasn't worth the idea contrary to my subscription beliefs) and start emailing them. I've only subscribed twice, and I've cancelled the subscription after a couple weeks. There's money down the drain...

But sadly, someone's got to start emailing. Once an email is sent, the two people can chat freely through email regardless of subscription, it seems. I was unsubscribed one time and got an email and I could reply just like any other time.

I had just taken down my profile the other week, and yesterday I remembered that... even though you've deleted all your profiles, that doesn't mean you aren't subscribed to the service anymore! >< It was another close call.

There's a lot of good looking ladies out there on the personals sites, too, but 80% of them said like... "Looking for a funny super hyper active out going guy who can hold a conversation for ten hours straight, loves to go out all day and do stuff like camping, field trips, and other activities, loves sports, and doesn't mind if I'm the daughter of some grand sargeant general supreme master overlord bent on controlling the universe."

Old 11-12-2003, 06:56 PM   #44
Slayne

Send a message via AIM to Slayne
Supreme overlord bent on ruling the universe? I'd date her.

/is single
http://www.geocities.com/suicidalslayne/blah/
Send all resumes..err....I mean, pictures to my email and we can start chatting right off
Email in sig!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:42 PM   #45
Azraelwrath

Blah this thread is a personal dating ad center. And its free
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:26 AM   #46
Nediacuddles

The biggest problem with finding a girl (or guy) online has to be the distance thing. Dont put your heart on the line for someone that doesnt live within 30 min of you.

All the love in the world cant bring two people who live 3000 miles apart together if niether can move to be with the other.

EDIT: Should really make that "All the love in the world, and coorespondance of hot nude webcam vid's cant bring two people...etc"
Nediacuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:42 AM   #47
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Should really make that "All the love in the world, and coorespondance of hot nude webcam vid's cant bring two people...etc"
Um... what site do YOU visit? Just... you know... out of curiosity...
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 09:43 AM   #48
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Exactly, long distance relationships fail for the most part. Of course there are exceptons to the rule and i know a few of them. The odds are not in your favor though. Better off with nice girls right where you live, maybe not in your home town or the next town but maybe the next town over, keep trying. There are so many girls out there its like silly to say you wont hook up with at least one of them.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:51 AM   #49
Zelgadis

I had told her that I was talking about things about dating and concerns and stuff with friends and folks I've known for a long time over the Internet and she got really mad. She was like "So you decided to break up with me because of what a bunch of people over the Internet who you've never met before said? That's a big knife in my back! They just want you to stay single, because they think single people are more attractive!" I thought "Does she really think that everyone I talk to about dating and stuff are all girls?" I told her that I didn't bring it up to her because of what people told me to do, but what I eventually deducted to doing on my own terms. I'm not a puppet after all.

Old 11-14-2003, 12:32 PM   #50
Nediacuddles

AresProphet, ive had the best luck at FFWA.org, and paladins in Icewell Keep. No, those are correct

EDIT: Good paladins dont send nude vids anyway
Nediacuddles is offline   Reply With Quote