Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #226
AjTaliesen

Originally Posted by Lurikeen View Post
Once we start down the road of higher criticism there is nothing that saves the authority of the Bible as God's revealed word.
The bible was assembled by men (divinely inspired or not) as a tool to help others gain better understanding, not as a cage to prohibit it. The minute questioning and seeking becomes abhorrent to a belief, that belief has already lost its meaning. If Jesus had no other point it was that blind adherence to the letter of scripture was inherently inferior to the more personal pursuit of a pure life.

A mistake that has done more damage to Christianity and worldwide faith than any evil act by any man in history: that those who often point at the bible as the end all of wisdom somehow seem to overlook the words of it's most prominent character.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #227
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by AjTaliesen View Post
The bible was assembled by men (divinely inspired or not) as a tool to help others gain better understanding, not as a cage to prohibit it. The minute questioning and seeking becomes abhorrent to a belief, that belief has already lost its meaning. If Jesus had no other point it was that blind adherence to the letter of scripture was inherently inferior to the more personal pursuit of a pure life.

A mistake that has done more damage to Christianity and worldwide faith than any evil act by any man in history: that those who often point at the bible as the end all of wisdom somehow seem to overlook the words of it's most prominent character.
Perhaps my point wasn't clear, since there is a misunderstanding. I didn't write that we should dump reason into the bin. Rather, a magisterial use of reason over the authority of the scriptures has no place in the life of faith. If our reason stands above the revealed word of God, then what good does it do for us to bother with the scriptures? You know, we are obviously smarter than God. If you want a good book of values to live by, then read Gautama. If you want to know God then read the scriptures and let Him talk to you through them. Yes, come to know God through His word, but don't judge His word with your reason.

Man... I can see the flames coming now.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #228
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
if you are going to post things that contradict each other asshat heretic them post the whole book not one verse............. i can post all kinds of shit and make it mean what i want it to mean....... the bible doesnt contradict itself whatever it just confused those who think they are to smart to learn. (YOU)
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #229
Axgar

And thats why I say its full of shit. Being a good person IS what matters. I shouldn't have to also suck some godly figures cock.

LOL yea well you will be reminded of this statement later on and when you are disposed of......... beggint wont help no more.

you mentioned being in self induced slavery....... SHOWS your ingelligence of what God expects, we all have freee will right now.... when the word "ends" then we will all be free and equall and able to do ANYTHING we want in spirit form (and if we are able to do that its not because we were told we had to but because we CHOSE to), GOD will force us to do nothing.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #230
Shylodog
Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
And thats why I say its full of shit. Being a good person IS what matters. I shouldn't have to also suck some godly figures cock.

LOL yea well you will be reminded of this statement later on and when you are disposed of......... beggint wont help no more.

you mentioned being in self induced slavery....... SHOWS your ingelligence of what God expects, we all have freee will right now.... when the word "ends" then we will all be free and equall and able to do ANYTHING we want in spirit form (and if we are able to do that its not because we were told we had to but because we CHOSE to), GOD will force us to do nothing.
Reading Axgar's post made me think of Bill Maher's movie "Religulous", where Bill's in The Holy Land Experience and one of the interviewee's states that she can't wait for the second coming because she'll be riding her white unicorn.

Were you drunk again, Ax, when you wrote this? Not to be the spelling nazi, but it's attrocious, even for you.

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
Originally Posted by Drysdale
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #231
Heretic

Originally Posted by axgar
if you are going to post things that contradict each other asshat heretic them post the whole book not one verse............. i can post all kinds of shit and make it mean what i want it to mean....... the bible doesnt contradict itself whatever it just confused those who think they are to smart to learn. (YOU)
The bible DOES contradict itself and I just posted it. No comments on the obvious or are you covering your eyes?

Originally Posted by axgar
when the word "ends" then we will all be free and equall and able to do ANYTHING we want in spirit form
Including rape, murder, and homo sex?
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #232
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
The bible DOES contradict itself and I just posted it. No comments on the obvious or are you covering your eyes?
No it doesn't and I gave you the answer as to why it doesn't in the instance you provided, moron.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #233
Axgar

Originally Posted by Heretic View Post

Including rape, murder, and homo sex?
Just how stupid are you? you arent going to be in heaven if you believe in these things and want to continue them, so that wont be an issue....... your stupidity is unbelieveable.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 AM   #234
Axgar

Originally Posted by Shylodog View Post
Reading Axgar's post made me think of Bill Maher's movie "Religulous", where Bill's in The Holy Land Experience and one of the interviewee's states that she can't wait for the second coming because she'll be riding her white unicorn.

Were you drunk again, Ax, when you wrote this? Not to be the spelling nazi, but it's attrocious, even for you.
LOL sure seems that way but no I am trying to get used to typing on this laptop and I really do not like it yet.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #235
Heretic

Originally Posted by lurikeen
No it doesn't and I gave you the answer as to why it doesn't in the instance you provided, moron.
and its a BS answer. How unclear are the words 'face to face' to you? The text is clear to the meaning.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote