Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2002, 12:12 PM   #1
Chiteng
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default To the unintiated


To understand what is going on takes more time than the answers are worth.
My advice is to ignore all posts by the major players.

To prove this point I will offer this example:

If I were to find a post, that proved beyond question that everything I had ever claimed on this board was true, what effect would it have?



Answer: It would irritate Raedwulf and the other guy because they hate when I am right. That is the only effect it would have. I think that statement and the ugly reality that it reveals, speaks for itself. The opinions on the board are polarized
and entrenched. To admit being wrong is something the posters cannot do.
So they would switch what they say to 'we dont care' and go right back to doing
what they enjoy doing.


No one on the board (except me of course) cares about the 'REALITY' of an event.
All they care about is the 'perceived reality' of the event.

It is for that reason that I do not try any longer to verify anything by posting links
as Ice would like, or some clever argument that would entertain Raedwulf
while he refuted it. Because the end result is the same. No one cares.
Therefore I am free from such constraints, and I can focus on the truth.
Come what may. If 'REALITY' did matter, possibly I would take more time and be less 'pompus', but it doesnt.

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:29 PM   #2
Eltherion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Its not that any of us dont care about the reality of events .. but considering the source the informaiton is coming from , how can we be sure to know that it is true..

The source ( aka you) has been known to throw rocks at cops just because you think you were in the right even though you were underage and breaking the drinking law..

The source has been known to push his morals on the rest of the people around him in regards to a game that we all play ( aka the Da`kor war you seem to have)


The source has been known to call people who do not have his same view that he does on things sheep or followers ..

The source has been known to think that a certain person has a better or more valid opionion based on what eq character type they played ( ie monk ) where what class you play in a game doesnt have anything to do with real life and has no way to validate a opionion from said person.

At least all of this is my opionion and thus doesnt really matter .. but since you posted what would people think .. I would think that you were once again on a holy crusade and dismiss all your information.



  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:29 PM   #3
Wanton Sunderforge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Do you like going out of your way to start trouble?

Just curious.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:29 PM   #4
Tuan00Dorf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

You said this is a recent thread.

It is you doing those things with impunity that I fight. Yes you have gotten
away with much but that doesnt mean you should not be fought.
The quote above refers to what you just said quoted below.

If I were to find a post, that proved beyond question that everything I had ever claimed on this board was true, what effect would it have?
The answer? It has absolutly no effect. I have no doubt that what Vendrix did to Ewle was done with impunity. I have done things myself in EQ that you would consider were done with impunity. I stand by them beacuse it was the right thing to do.

Chiteng, you are trying to prove something that some people just do not agree with the conclusion. You've proved you point that he got away with it, that does not change anything! We simple do not mind, because we know that it was the RIGHT THING that happened. He didn't kill anyone in real life, he got someone banned who verywell SHOULD have been banned. Thus, the xp loss to Ewle (as you speak of earlier) is of no consequence even.

You keep going on about what if everything you claimed on the board was actually true. Well, I'll admit that you have proved many of your points (although a lot of them were givens, like Vendrix admits he got away with it right off the bat). Proving your points mean nothing to most people simple because we believe in a different conclusin.

You believe that any person who gets away with something only beacuse of a special circumstance should be punished. You keep trying over and over to prove that they got away with it, even though it's already been proven... That changes NOTHING in my mind as well as many others.

The point? You're obsession with proving your side is a waste of time. We understand your side, but we disagree with it.

To quote your very sig

“It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.”

You, Chiteng, persectue every person who does not agree with you that impunity is sometimes the right thing to do. Sometimes things can be done that are against the law and still be considered the right thing to do, thus impunity is granted.

If you don't agree with that, that's fine. But stop trying to hammer it into everyone that your way is the right way only.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:52 PM   #5
Ice Weasel X
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Your pedantic blatherings have long since killed your point.  Continuing your "crusade" only hurts your cause further.


<blockquote>Chiteng wrote:<hr>No one on the board (except me of course) cares about the 'REALITY' of an event.
All they care about is the 'perceived reality' of the event.[/quote]Your excessive use of generalizations strips the validity of your statements. &nbsp;You claim only you care about the truth. &nbsp;You claim everyone else trains people out of spite. &nbsp;You claim women who dress nicely are using sexual appeal to torture men or for some sick self-gratifying ego-boost.


<blockquote>Chiteng wrote:<hr>Because the end result is the same. No one cares.
Therefore I am free from such constraints, and I can focus on the truth.[/quote]If you're such a "crusader for truth and justice," then you should be doing your best to prove to people that what you say is true, not just claiming it is. &nbsp;It seems to me that you don't in fact care as much about the truth as you'd like people to believe. &nbsp;You'd rather annoy people.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:59 PM   #6
Girolamo Savonarola
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Hey Chit, just cause your more entertaining when your debating an answer for yourself rather than annoying the rest of us with it...

Which is more REAL:
1) That which you believe is the truth.
2)> That which is perceived as the truth by many.
3) The fact that REALITY is the purest truth as REALITY is that which can not be influenced directly by humankind.
4) Something that is neither derivative nor dependent but exists necessarily.

Now please go twitch quietly in a corner for a few hours.

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:51 PM   #7
Toxx The Wizard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

http://kijori.tripod.com/chit.txt

I called all of my friends! Call yours! Chiteng is STILL posting!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:10 PM   #8
Raelven
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Chieteng's post cured my hair-rawn habit!


Or made it worse...
Not sure yet.
I'll get back to you in about 20 replies.
Wheeeeee!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:31 PM   #9
KunoRepo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

They kick this guy off the boards yet????

Eblan Shadowstyx
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 04:34 PM   #10
Raedwulf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Nope, it wouldn't irritate me. It'd probably give me a heart attack though, for the impossible will have happened. In any event, as 95% of what you say is merely your opinion, it is impossible to prove you correct.

And you can't prove any point by some goofy example that contains no actual evidence. You can prove that no one you should read the posts by the "major players" by some theoretical claim to being proven right on some matter of opinion? Huh? Are you really this much of a wack-job?

Here's how to prove it: Because the sky is blue, blue is the color of Kentucky Blue Grass, which is a southern state, just like whichever Carolina you live in, everything you say is right and we are all wrong. That's the only means by which you can prove anything Mushroom Boy. My logic is irrefutable.

Your stilted opinion based upon your hatred of us, doesn't demonstrate any ugly reality about us, just you.

And I've admitted to being wrong on this board before. Not often, but it's happened. Not in debate with you, for it's pretty unlikely I can be wrong in a matter of my own opinion.

I care about the "reality" of events. And I couldn't give a rat's ass about the perception of anything. I just don't believe that your conclusions are the only ones that can be drawn from the reality.

To use the false argument in the bulk of your post to justify why you will no longer verify or validate your accusations is ridiculous. You've never validated or supported a single argument you've ever made around here, Chimp, so claiming that you are now stopping is intellectually dishonest.

In reading your many, many posts, I've rarely come across any effort on your part to prove something true. All you do is scream about the unfairness of something or other matters of opinion. There's a difference between truth and opinion, Sparky. Your actual focus has always been more on people agreeing with your opinion, than the truth of events. That's the case with your recent delving into the Mitch-Bracer thing, and it's true about Vendrix-Ewle. It is the fact that you don't understand this differentiation that makes you a really annoying dope.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 06:58 PM   #11
Chiteng
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Hmm My original post was not directed at any specific event or person. All comments that assume it was are ignored.

Ice: Really? Isnt that what your doing? If you get to do that why cant I?
If that is what I am doing.

Eltherion: The postulate was that the evidence would be so overwhelming that
there would be no doubt. Your entire post concerned itself with the possibility of doubt. Therefore meaningless. They are mutually exclusive.

Tuan: Your post was two phased. Phase one: Vendrix trained Ewle. You said
nothing at all about the 'OTHER' people he admitted training. I stated in the post quoted that what he did to Ewle didnt intrest me. So you simply wasting both
our times in a rehash. If you have nothing NEW to add,
Phase two: Although you took a long time to say it, eventually you agreed with my
premise. Your rationale may be useful to YOU but isnt important to the conclusion.

and of course Raedwulf:

Under semantic logic your conclusion is essentially:
'My opinion is more valid than yours' Hey man thats great, I hope you have a good time selling that. I dont share that Opinion.

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 07:15 PM   #12
Ulujain Ebonelphette
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Chiteng...
<font color="red" size="+6">Who fucking cares?</font>
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 07:19 PM   #13
Chiteng
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I already stated that. No one cares. Just one Crusader. But he isnt a person,
just a cariciture. No one need concern themselves.

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 07:54 PM   #14
Ulujain Ebonelphette
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Yes, you've already stated obsessive crap so many times Chiteng, there ought to be an MSDS associated with you. You'd definitely rate a 4 for reactivity.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 08:30 PM   #15
Eltherion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Eltherion: The postulate was that the evidence would be so overwhelming that
there would be no doubt. Your entire post concerned itself with the possibility of doubt. Therefore meaningless. They are mutually exclusive.
Chit i disagree with you , remember the story of the chicken that kept saying the sky is falling , or the boy who cried wolf..


Personally I would not belive any evidence i saw that you brought to my attention. I would have to check the evidence before i believed it , just for the simple reason that you showed it to us and the past history of crusades you are on.


shrugs



  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:03 AM   #16
Aphroditex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

What exactly leads you to believe that "reality" is real in the first place?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 01:33 AM   #17
Kerryn Darkwater
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Chiteng, you might be surprised that sometimes I listen to what you're saying and don't immediately write it off as blathering.

I do read your post's fully and whilst your not the most virtuous of people you have said some stuff which although true was written off by others summarily. My very first ever post to you was about 3 months ago I think. In that I challenged a single point you made because I thought you had erred in an otherwise intelligent post but you got so defensive you slammed my entire post and it was there where respect began to dissipate on my part for you. Perhaps you slammed me because I was arguing with Mitch at the time but that's neither here nor there.

I argue with you, admittedly sometimes in not the best manner, when you are wrong and when you are right I also acknowledge that. Can you say that you do the same?

If you were more willing to accept the times you are at fault others will be more willing to accept the times when you are right. It's a two way circle that you broke a while back but you can start that circle again.

It's your call now Chiteng. You can if you wish completely invalidate my post with your reply but in doing so you'll only affirm my point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 02:35 AM   #18
Misty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Aphroditex, a middle-ages philosopher named Rene Descartes asked exactly the same question, and shut himself inside an oven. He could not doubt that he doubted, subsequently he came out with the one liner: 'I think, therefore I am.'

Historic note:
Nearly 2 years ago, a group of Lost Legion friends invited a young druid to join them in an exploratory raid into the new Kunark dungeon, Kaesora, which none had seen inside before.

Snoww, Brannigan, Ironskin, Aphroditex, a guild woodelf Ranger (somebody had else left) and a ruggedly handsome, quiet spoken half-elf guy from Mystic Blue/Sundered Heart. He agreed.

Nobody remembers who he was now but when the final train home came, and the undead ran like a river through your ranks, it was he who regained concentration twice, and continued his casting, the while full well knowing that their lives hung on 9 secs it took to cast that major long ass'd spell what he wove, and wraught. The effort cost him, never did he roam the wild hills and dark woods of his beloved home again. A tree grew where he lay drained of all his vital life force, I think it was sawed up and made into the EK bridge.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 03:31 AM   #19
Aoladari Raveynfyre
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

You said.
My advice is to ignore all posts by the major players.
I stopped reading right there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 04:20 AM   #20
Feldynn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

There can be, only one!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 04:27 AM   #21
Vendrix
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

<font color=fff00>If I were to find a post, that proved beyond question that everything I had ever claimed on this board was true, what effect would it have?</font>

You will never find it!

Centuries ago, a clandestine group of individuals was formed for the express purpose of squelching the truth, Chiteng. For sake of ease, we’ll refer to them as “the Man.” Members of the Man such as [names removed to maintain secrecy] have long made it their task to remove any credibility from the words of people like you through covert operations and subterfuge.

They’ve had you under strict surveillance for quite some time now. Your phones are tapped, your keystrokes are logged and your every move is monitored. Remember that cavity you had filled last November, ahhh… the wonders of micro-technology.

The truth may very well be out there, but it’s been kept far beyond your grasp for years and there it will stay. One day your mental capacity to endure will weaken, you will lose the willpower to go on and your crusade will die. When that happens, my job will be complete… for I am the Man.

p.s. ead
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 05:10 AM   #22
Daveena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

blah blah blah

Other than getting a post from Vendrix...

blah blah blah

new post, same old shiit


Daveena Silentstryder
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 06:01 AM   #23
Maeri
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

How is this...
> My original post was not directed at any specific event or person
consistant with this
> It would irritate Raedwulf and the other guy because they hate when I am right

Oh, sure, you can claim that you were simply mentioning them rather than directing your comments at them.



OK, now to your main point.
> If I were to find a post, that proved beyond question that everything
> I had ever claimed on this board was true, what effect would it have?

Your hypotesis is flawed.

I'll quote Ice:

>You claim everyone else trains people out of spite.

I'm sorry, but I've never trained anyone out of spite. If you were to prove without a doubt that every OTHER person trains people out of spite, I'd be incredibly disappointed. I have a great many friends in this game who I don't believe would to this, and it would be incredibly disheartening to be proved wrong.

> You claim women who dress nicely are using sexual appeal to torture men
> or for some sick self-gratifying ego-boost.

If this claim, and most of your other misogynistic drivel were proved true umm... sorry.. it's just really hard to try to imagine a world which is as twisted as imaginary the one you've created for yourself... well.. I guess I'd be really wondering how the human species were to proporgate for another generation.







  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 06:30 AM   #24
Guildon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Chiteng, you concept of 'reality' as you like to call it is a mosiac of personal interpretations. It is shaped by the views of everyone involved. That is why for every event there will never be an exact retelling of said event because each individual will remember the details differently.

The reason that no one cares as you say it is due to the fact that people do not like to be continually bashed over the head with the same question nor do they want to hear someone saying this is the truth. Aside from true empiricism which is normally a quantitve symbolism nothing can be shown to be "true" because you cannot isolate said events in a vaccuum free from bias, limited, erroneous interpretation, and the the possible variables that can effect the retelling/explanation of an event/story. Your primary failure lies within the simple phrase "to err is human". Everyone looks at something with completely different viewpoints hence the word perspective.

Man has been searching for "truth" since his origin.Yet he will never find truth? Why? It's a crusade for a non-tangible ideal of nothing. Truth of what? God, man's existance, what exactly are you looking for?

It is intellectually dishonest to suggest that you know the truth, because that is a physcial impossbility because no such thing exists because no paramaters have been set. Even if there were parameters you could set enough of them to state the "truth" (Empirical date notwithstanding).




  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 07:09 AM   #25
Chiteng
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Guildon/Maeri


Well I know that the events I have witnessed do not jibe with the 'stated'
realities. So things continue.

Lets see you find nothing 'I' have written in the thread to flame so you copy
Ice and then flame me for something Ice said.

Well I dont interpet things the way 'Ice' does. Your words meaningless.

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.