Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Mitch the Blond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: UK, fuck canada
Posts: 261
Default Poor Chiteng was right all along..

Just came across this nice little post of that fucking idiot Chukzombi bragging about how him and Koryo and the guild exploited the crap out of anything that moved. Ironic really after all the shit Chiteng took for calling them hackers.

enjoy:

-------------------------------------------------
Posted by Chukzombi on FoH forums

I was able to get to one to 65 without sploiting my exp, i played a shaman and was able to solo or exp equally. i always got a group so never had the need to do anything non kosher. admittedly i did the shortcuts like West Karanas and SG but all i sploited was a few minutes of boring running time. I remember running to the highkeep safe spot a bunch of times back in the day too. that was mostly due to trying to get out of the zone after a day of exping. as a shaman in black banded i couldnt solo a bunch even con gobbos.

Guild raids were a different matter though, my GM Koryo and co leader Hothgar(Magister) were the baddest motherfuckers when it came to the ins and outs of EQ mechanics. Kor(monk) and Hoth(sk) would make some incredible epic raid pulls and make everything elementary simple for our small guild of idiots ( i say that with love).

Kunark and Velious were pretty much straight up, but when we were stuck with the shit sandwich of constant keying in Luclin and broken encounters we had to do something to counteract. thats when the uber sploits some may have heard of were born. For VT we had 2 or 3 CoH mages permacamped at different locations, we would make a long fucking VT clear into a 2-3 hour affair. zone in, get coh to goo1. kill goo1 then kor would flux into the celing pull the boss(es?) above. later when we outgrew all but the top loot we would just coh to aten for an easy kill. those constant patches helped us clean up. We used to move seru outside of his building, same deal with The giant leech in The deep. we were finally able to have fun with a horrible expansion. i think people started to notice how much loot we were aquirring and a GM came in one day while we were fluxing in VT and gave the guild a warning. that day or soon afterwards they leashed the fuck out all the bosses afterwards. oh well.

Later i got into pop beta through my GM friend Valtron , i invited koryo too. and we had access to the devs private boards. during PoP we could do the same crazy shit in Luclin but this time we were covering our asses by reporting the sploits to the Devs on the message board. added bonus it also fucked our competition from having a chance at easy loot. my all time favorite was when Koryo sploited RZ to the zoneline of potactics for a retardely easy fight. we reported that too and they leashed everything again. we discovered fighting in the pit straight up was even easier than sploiting when we would have a bunch of charmed adds committing massive rape on the other adds(we had an overabundance of 2 boxed necros bards and enchies).
only screenies i have on hand of the tactics sproit. also one of me in PoP beta next to RZ standing on the balcony hanging over Plane of war.

-edit forgot to add this awesome stroke of luck. for a very short time during early luclin, ancient spells were dropping trash mobs in Old Seb. we got ancient aegolism and had our cleric loot it. almost nobody across all servers had the spell at the time. The spell stacked with other aego and it fucking imbalanced the game, but we never told anyone. it helped us so much so we were able to destroy a ton of things and even had our SK (hothy) maintank Tunare. ancient aego made us.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Link:

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/mmorp...rumors-74.html

You always were a dumb fuck Chuck.

Mitch
__________________
'I Love the ignore feature, it silences all those morons'
Mitch the Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Ice Weasel X
Banned User
 
Ice Weasel X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,801
Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
How does this hurt him? It's not like they're active on EQ and will get penalized by anyone.
__________________
SMS Text Responder - Convenience and Safety for any Android phone, ad-free.
If you have any questions that aren't answered by the app description, feel free to ask. I have no financial stake in it, but I am the primary tester.
Ice Weasel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Ini
Indestructible
 
Ini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Davek is still my hero!
Posts: 4,005
Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Originally Posted by Mitch the Blond View Post
Just came across this nice little post of that fucking idiot Chukzombi bragging about how him and Koryo and the guild exploited the crap out of anything that moved. Ironic really after all the shit Chiteng took for calling them hackers.

enjoy:

-------------------------------------------------
Posted by Chukzombi on FoH forums

I was able to get to one to 65 without sploiting my exp, i played a shaman and was able to solo or exp equally. i always got a group so never had the need to do anything non kosher. admittedly i did the shortcuts like West Karanas and SG but all i sploited was a few minutes of boring running time. I remember running to the highkeep safe spot a bunch of times back in the day too. that was mostly due to trying to get out of the zone after a day of exping. as a shaman in black banded i couldnt solo a bunch even con gobbos.

Guild raids were a different matter though, my GM Koryo and co leader Hothgar(Magister) were the baddest motherfuckers when it came to the ins and outs of EQ mechanics. Kor(monk) and Hoth(sk) would make some incredible epic raid pulls and make everything elementary simple for our small guild of idiots ( i say that with love).

Kunark and Velious were pretty much straight up, but when we were stuck with the shit sandwich of constant keying in Luclin and broken encounters we had to do something to counteract. thats when the uber sploits some may have heard of were born. For VT we had 2 or 3 CoH mages permacamped at different locations, we would make a long fucking VT clear into a 2-3 hour affair. zone in, get coh to goo1. kill goo1 then kor would flux into the celing pull the boss(es?) above. later when we outgrew all but the top loot we would just coh to aten for an easy kill. those constant patches helped us clean up. We used to move seru outside of his building, same deal with The giant leech in The deep. we were finally able to have fun with a horrible expansion. i think people started to notice how much loot we were aquirring and a GM came in one day while we were fluxing in VT and gave the guild a warning. that day or soon afterwards they leashed the fuck out all the bosses afterwards. oh well.

Later i got into pop beta through my GM friend Valtron , i invited koryo too. and we had access to the devs private boards. during PoP we could do the same crazy shit in Luclin but this time we were covering our asses by reporting the sploits to the Devs on the message board. added bonus it also fucked our competition from having a chance at easy loot. my all time favorite was when Koryo sploited RZ to the zoneline of potactics for a retardely easy fight. we reported that too and they leashed everything again. we discovered fighting in the pit straight up was even easier than sploiting when we would have a bunch of charmed adds committing massive rape on the other adds(we had an overabundance of 2 boxed necros bards and enchies).
only screenies i have on hand of the tactics sproit. also one of me in PoP beta next to RZ standing on the balcony hanging over Plane of war.

-edit forgot to add this awesome stroke of luck. for a very short time during early luclin, ancient spells were dropping trash mobs in Old Seb. we got ancient aegolism and had our cleric loot it. almost nobody across all servers had the spell at the time. The spell stacked with other aego and it fucking imbalanced the game, but we never told anyone. it helped us so much so we were able to destroy a ton of things and even had our SK (hothy) maintank Tunare. ancient aego made us.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Link:

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/mmorp...rumors-74.html

You always were a dumb fuck Chuck.

Mitch
/yawn
__________________
Pafuna Economics 101

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:44 AM   #4
Misty
Do Not Disturb
 
Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,075
Grabbing a drop of Ancient Aego scroll or two from trash in OS isn't rly a sploit. That's a loot table mess up or just a passed-up zone that had storyline arch in keeping with 'Ancient'. If you have knowledge of Ancient spells that you discovered yourself why would you tell the competition, and screw your guild?

Trash mobs in Karnors drop some nice monk stuff and for a while when that expansion (Kunark) was new, the drops got fixed (or removed I forget) eventually. But I don't remember any gossip from the day that these items were removed from players who looted 'em. Would have heard about it if it happened. Monks really picked up a notch in the Kunark expansion.

I think Kunark is my favorite expansion (not so much the Iksar tho) with Velious second. LDoN wasn't bad but its popularity just dried up way sudden (like overnight). I personally never saw the raiding content in LDoN and never got all the LDoN spells either. eventually the server pop moved away as fast as I could catch up with progression (like 14 or 15 expansions isn't it, now?).
__________________
Originally Posted by Drysdale
"Fair enough. I don't agree with anyone all the time."
Originally Posted by Davek
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
Personally I think what was described on the FOH forums is pretty low-grade exploiting. Frankly that word seems to be overkill really. If the revelations were that Magister MQ'd their way to everything they ever accomplished that would be noteworthy, this is fairly shrugworthy.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Arnwolf Magnuson
Iron Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 233
Chuk's full of it

Chiteng was a Magister Fanboi

And Da`Kor ruled them all...

My work is done here.
Arnwolf Magnuson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:15 AM   #7
Dwark
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Good old Mitch, good to see you still can't let anything go and are hanging on to ancient shit.

It's good to see that Chuk got to you so bad over the years that you are still burning up inside.

Dumb Bitch.
__________________
A Gypsy stole Dwarkarn's password.
Dwark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
Flemick Brellson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 170
oh wow. he called you a beetch.

hormadrune!

i call you a common garden variety rat bastard!
Flemick Brellson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:04 AM   #9
ealan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 11
Wow! It's literally been 4 years since I took a peek at an EQ1 forum and I just came by out of curioisty to see if the board lived on. How odd to find this thread! It's almost like no time has passed at all

/wave Arn ... Hope you and Warren have been well!
ealan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:44 AM   #10
Dinuven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36
Kor(monk) and Hoth(sk) would make some incredible epic raid pulls and make everything elementary simple for our small guild of idiots ( i say that with love).
This is totally wrong and I take offense to this. No uber guilds during most of Velious were "small"...
__________________
Emarr
Maestro
Magister
Well... used to be these things anyway :P
Dinuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:55 AM   #11
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
Originally Posted by Flemick Brellson View Post
oh wow. he called you a beetch.

hormadrune!

i call you a common garden variety rat bastard!
Flemick!

I'm an uncommon rat bastard
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:14 AM   #12
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,629
A R.O.U.S. bastard at the least.
__________________
Fafner Wabbitslayer, Retired Shaman of Reviction, Erollisi Marr/Morell Thule
"This story shall the good man teach his son;...
From this day to the ending of the world,"
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #13
Camien Ta`Mire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reidsville, GA
Posts: 874
Send a message via AIM to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via MSN to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via Yahoo to Camien Ta`Mire
Dwark! Flemick! Horma!

Yeah, thanks to Mitch this is a blast to the past, memories of the old ezboard flames
Camien Ta`Mire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:16 AM   #14
Vendrix
I Kick Ass For The Lord!
 
Vendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 211
Chuk was and will most likely always be a hemorrhoid the size of Cleveland who, I'm sorry to say, I once put my seal of approval on. I think it was of out mercy more than anything else. See, if you kick the same dog every day who continues to look at you with puppy eyes, eventually you toss it a piece of jerky.

Oh, and the CoH to Aten was something that all the top guilds on every server were doing (often more than one guild per server had a CoH mule parked there). On server restarts it was often a race of which guild could CoH a group there faster. It wasn't an exploit and it certainly wasn't worthy of a, "look how smart I am because I did what everyone else did!" post. But that's Chuk -- he's a true celebration of mediocrity.

So, that said...

Hello to all the old timers who still read these boards, stop into irc.frws.com (stratics) #da`kor sometime and say "howdy!" oh, and sorry to all you guys that didn't get jerky, you're probably still douche bags.

/wave
__________________
Vendrix
Da`Kor
Vendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #15
Stinkfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42
dang'it when were we giving out jerky?!
__________________
Da`kor
Stinkfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:54 AM   #16
Jazzmyne Wyld
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
Holy %$#! Mitch is still crying about Magister wtfpwnage! Get over it already =D
Jazzmyne Wyld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #17
Mitch the Blond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: UK, fuck canada
Posts: 261
Default .

Nice to see you Ven!

Just for the record i've never had an issue with DK, pretty cool people overall, it was Chit who had the crusade

As far as Magi owning..?? they were a pale poor bastard imitation of DK

As for the rest of you faggots it makes my heart warm that you're still here wasting bandwidth after all this time, less time for you fuckers to breed.

Mitch

ps. Dwark, sorry to hear about your family troubles, i never realised, i should have been easier on you.
__________________
'I Love the ignore feature, it silences all those morons'
Mitch the Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #18
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Originally Posted by Mitch the Blond View Post
Nice to see you Ven!

Just for the record i've never had an issue with DK, pretty cool people overall, it was Chit who had the crusade

As far as Magi owning..?? they were a pale poor bastard imitation of DK

As for the rest of you faggots it makes my heart warm that you're still here wasting bandwidth after all this time, less time for you fuckers to breed.

Mitch

ps. Dwark, sorry to hear about your family troubles, i never realised, i should have been easier on you.
Thanks for the validation Mitch =)

However, my beef with Da Kor was not that the guild as a whole cheated, but that I knew Oggie hated cheaters,
and he still accepted them as members. In addition they allowed asshats like Vendrix and Chuck in.
Out of expediency. They needed a cleric? They allowed Remdar in. etc etc etc.

Cheaters destroyed the fun of competition, it is as simple as that.
Who cares how good you are, if asshat Chuk can exploit the same or better eq?
There is no status to be gained in such an environment.
Even you Mitch, I dont know any other player who could haggle like you could.
And you got some badass eq doing it. Alot easier than a 24 hour raid.
I think that was Chuk REAL beef w you. You could buy and sell him. Even w him cheating.

I have never flamed Oggie or Naru, it is not my nature. Oggie taught me a few things.
As for Varixx and Chuk .... anyone who knows them, knows what they are.

But I would never belong to any guild that demanded I kiss some members ass.
That was the problem with my last guild. Good people corrupted by the need for specific classes.
But I never bent =) and I guess that is my legacy =) If I said I would do something, I did it.

The new MMORGS are moving away from forced teamwork. We shall see what DC Online is like.
__________________
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
Bralan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 27
Funny how the words of a retard can potentially tarnish a reputation. I doubt Mitch and Chiteng are surprised by Chuk's writings, but they surprise me. I was and still am a long time DK member and was also part of Magister's creation. I don't think I will ever have the pleasure of raiding with such good people again. I was pulling right alongside Hoth and Koryo a lot of those days and can honestly say we never exploited a damned thing. It's a shame that Chuk would make us look like retards who cheated to win. We kicked that game's ass legit in both guilds. Period.

I am glad I got directed here though. I always got along great with both Mitch and Chiteng. Glad to know you 2 are still kicking and I hope all is well with yas =)

Bralan/Scaletale
Bralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #20
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Originally Posted by Bralan View Post
Funny how the words of a retard can potentially tarnish a reputation. I doubt Mitch and Chiteng are surprised by Chuk's writings, but they surprise me. I was and still am a long time DK member and was also part of Magister's creation. I don't think I will ever have the pleasure of raiding with such good people again. I was pulling right alongside Hoth and Koryo a lot of those days and can honestly say we never exploited a damned thing. It's a shame that Chuk would make us look like retards who cheated to win. We kicked that game's ass legit in both guilds. Period.

I am glad I got directed here though. I always got along great with both Mitch and Chiteng. Glad to know you 2 are still kicking and I hope all is well with yas =)

Bralan/Scaletale
Chuck didnt make DK look like that. DK wasnt all cheaters. in fact I will assume most of them were NOT cheaters.
But the people running the guild knew that they had cheaters in the ranks. Ogmuk is no fool.
But he tolerated them. That is something I could never do.
All Chuk did was confirm he was an asshole, which most of you already knew.
And I have always known Varixx was equally obnoxious.

So relax.
__________________
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #21
Vendrix
I Kick Ass For The Lord!
 
Vendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by Chiteng View Post
And I have always known Varixx was equally obnoxious.
I find that comment very insulting. I am far more obnoxious than Chuk.
__________________
Vendrix
Da`Kor
Vendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #22
Zhaolin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 95
Send a message via AIM to Zhaolin
Originally Posted by Mitch the Blond View Post
As far as Magi owning..?? they were a pale poor bastard imitation of DK
Yet Magister remained the "Top" guild on the server. What does that make the folks that weren't in Magister? Ouch!


Good post, Bral.


Z
__________________
Zhaolin Shaojenn
Magister - Da`Kor
Commander of the Black Helicopters
Zhaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #23
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
Not that they need it, but I can honestly say I never saw any cheating or blatant exploiting during my time in Magister (as Kiebler) or my time with Dakor in WoW. Most them were rather nice people who just played the game too much (like me, except the nice person part).
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:11 AM   #24
Mitch the Blond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: UK, fuck canada
Posts: 261
Default !

Originally Posted by Vendrix View Post
I find that comment very insulting. I am far more obnoxious than Chuk.
No Hi !

Damn you Ven !!

Hope all is well with you and yours

You too Bralan

Mitch
__________________
'I Love the ignore feature, it silences all those morons'
Mitch the Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:18 AM   #25
Mitch the Blond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: UK, fuck canada
Posts: 261
Default .

Incidentally, it seems the only person missing from this thread of oldtimers is Chuk himself

Weird that.....

Mitch
__________________
'I Love the ignore feature, it silences all those morons'
Mitch the Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.