Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Tinbwen

Default Bazaar Prices...

...are retarded. Is there anyone out there that actually pays 150k+ for a spell that's not really worth it that you'll probably upgrade in a month or two? Maybe it's just buyers frustration, but you have to admit that most of the prices are outlandish. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this...surely not though.

*prepares to be bombarded by rebuttals*

-Tinbwen
Tinbwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
Caeelar

Send a message via Yahoo to Caeelar
With an expansion this close, I'd certainly not bother with buying spells at this point haha. Lots easier to just wait for the next expansion . Gear on the other hand.. well, your going to need the new gear to hunt the better zones in the new expansion I suspect .
Caeelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Crystilla
Administrator

Hehe, try pure priest spells sometimes I always get a chuckle cause folks can gripe or pick their favorite buffers cause that person has group rank 2, but turn around (the same person) and put up a group rank 2 at the 150k/500k/750k pricing for cleric spells.
- Seen that happen a couple of times earlier in this expansion.

Some spells just are way out of whack.
Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
Tinbwen

well, i was mainly thinking about mage spells, specifically the pet item spells. I know muzzle of Mowcha is good but I honestly don't think that it's worth 200k. Hopefully something will come out with the new expansion that causes the price to drop. It's not just spells though look at the prices of the stuff from BB and Guk...every time I see something in the bazaar for like 800k i just laugh.

-Tinbwen
Old 08-29-2008, 06:47 AM   #5
Hoamonduh

Hey Tinbwen, good to see ya!

I have to agree that some prices are WAY out of line, but by the same token, if you don't want to pay that price, perhaps farming the item is the best answer. Supply & demand dictate price. I know some items are super hard to farm unless you have a raid force at your disposal, but patience often triumphs over price... Eventually everything hits the clearance rack.... Remember how liquid earth & slugworms were super expensive? Now I can hardly give them away.

What I find really funny is when I look at my trader for the first time in a few days & see that someone has taken the time to compose an essay of a tell that berates me for pricing a single obscure item way out of todays market value when, in fact, I havent looked at my traders prices in the last few months. I mean hell, the most recent tell was one regarding fine sooty runic parchment (or something along those lines). IIRC some of those components were rather valuable not too too long ago (when I originally priced it).

I had to laugh when I read the amount of time & anger this person poured into their seething diatribe about what a piece of trash I am for pricing that item so far out of line with todays standards & that I would have better luck selling fire in hell. For fuck sake, if the guy had sent a tell saying "hey, current rate on the item is around X plat, if you lower your price to this amount I will gladly buy it from you" I would likely have taken them up on it & even facilitated finding a time to meet for exchange so they would have exclusive rights at said price.

I remember sending a tell to someone asking for a price reduction (politely) and appraently they were sick of getting nasty tells about pricing. Their afk message was something like: "Don't like my prices? Go shop at K-Mart, this is Nieman Marcus BITCH!" I figured I wouldnt hear back. Got a tell a few minutes later thanking me for a polite request & had a deal made at my requested rate moments later.

The Duchess: Diamonds are of most value They say, that have pass'd through most jewellers hands.

Ferdinand: Whores, by that rule, are precious.

-The Duchess of Malfi Act 1, Scene 3 - John Webster 1614

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
Hoamonduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
Crystilla
Administrator

Tin,

I tossed a bunch of SoF rank 2 mage spells up on the guild/personal trader (nothing over 1k, most 500 plat) last night. Saw one person (waves at the oldtimer) purchase a bunch but think there should be others there.

Got a lot of wizard, necro ones up atm, and other than a couple everything should be 1k or lower priced. Will be adding Sk and some other classes in the near future as well.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:44 AM   #7
WsaberMT

Hehe i bought a bunch of cheap mage spells other day,Wonder if it was from PE's trader
Old 08-30-2008, 06:07 AM   #8
Crystilla
Administrator

Yup
Old 09-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #9
keularye

WSABR come to afica, we have lots of mage spells here
Old 09-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
WsaberMT

F africa i'll stay in the gulf thanks !!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
WsaberMT

bazaar prices suck