Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Raiders' Get-Together

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2004, 08:51 AM   #1
Fawnii

Default Vox/naggy

I would like to host a VOX or NAGGY raid tonight. Traditional 46-52 level req. I have never done one of these raids, so if anyone has experience doing so please let me know. I will be attending the raid on my 46 beastlord alt, named Cohdo N'Pohdo.

As of yet which dragon to go down is undetermined, as I do not know which is up. I am fairly certain VOX is up, so that will be first target.

If anyone is a Veteran vox/naggy raid leader, any info you can post here would be great. Or if you have an alt in the correct level ranges, feel free to join us. I will be researching this raid heavily, so I expect this to go off at about 7-8pm est.

The only reserved loot is the white dragon scale, needed for the bard epic.

Since I am not sure how many are needed to pull this off I am shooting for the full 72. I do realize this is an old world mob, but I would rather shoot for 72 and get 50, than shoot for 50 and get 18. ya know what i mean .

Here are links for the dragon loot.

Lord Naggy:
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3283

Lady Vox:
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=2620

Hopefully a good turnout will show up, and we can cream both dragons.

Keep checking here for additional INFO to come, or send me a tell in game.
Fawnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:46 AM   #2
Fawnii

*UPDATE*

It seems only 18 people will be needed for this raid.

Reserved loot is White Dragon scale from vox
CoF from naggy.

Everything else will be rolled FFA/NBG based on items.

IE if a shield drops and a bard can use it along with warr/pally/sk...bards wont be rolling as other classes have more need.

Each item will be case by case
Old 03-26-2004, 03:35 PM   #3
TyriaEM

Send a message via AIM to TyriaEM Send a message via MSN to TyriaEM
I wish you luck on your raids. I tried to host a Vox raid last night. Didn't go quite so well =(

Was also on a Naggy raid last Friday that wasn't successful. The only reason being was that we couldn't get the Fabled Magus and Naggy to seperate. Tried 8 times several different way. Fabled Magus is very nasty and was hitting an average of 1800 damage per hit.

Hopefully you'll be lucky and some 60+'s will be camping magus so you won't have to worry about it
Old 03-26-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
Fawnii

well vox raid didnt go off, not enough people showed. Maybe I will try and host another in a week or two.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:47 AM   #5
Faeani

Just my opinion but it will probably be hard getting people to aide you with Naggy IF you reserving a CoF, I know IF Faeani (or any of my melee types were that level I would have to pass...

just my 2cp worth though

Faeani

Level 58 Shadowknight.
Ruled by HATE, guided by FEAR
Faeani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:43 AM   #6
Ebino

Just my opinion but it will probably be hard getting people to aide you with Naggy IF you reserving a CoF
Yeah, I raised my eyebrows at that as well.
Ebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:43 AM   #7
Fawnii

chances of doing naggy were slim to none, the main target was vox. In any way, neither raid went off. Not a big deal, gunna PL some guildies to raid level and start farming anyhoo
Old 03-30-2004, 09:41 AM   #8
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
If you're thinking of farming old world dragons for old world loot, have you considered the Kunark dragons?

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:04 PM   #9
Solshot

in regards to the fable and splitting him an naggy, u can petition it to GM and they will despawn him, they have done it for me as we took naggy with 10ppl np(not that it matters) but petition and they should despawn him for you.
Solshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:45 PM   #10
Fawnii

Originally Posted by Zelgadis
If you're thinking of farming old world dragons for old world loot, have you considered the Kunark dragons?

To be honest I started playing as Kunark came out, played for quite some time ( I was a VERY slow leveler)...(seriously, I mean SLOW. I didnt even hve a char past 40 after over a year of playing.) I then took a break for about 8 months. Came back right about as LoY was just rumors.

So any info you have on Kunark dragons would be great. Only one I know of is Gore, just bard kite her/drain mana, then melee to death. Don't know about any others.

Thanks for any info in advance,

Huntress Fawnii
Old 03-31-2004, 04:41 PM   #11
Aerrow

Default Well...

Well, i would say that i am pretty experienced vox/naggy raid leader hehe, but its not my opinion that counts. I only wish i could be there to help out. I spent like 8 months killing those two trying for the white dragon scale. Never got it though =P. I remeber killing vox with 6 people =) aaaaa those were the days =P. well... I guess i can post some advice for future raids though.

Rule #1 (most important IMO) : HAVE A PALLY/SK tank, they keep agro so much better than warriors do. If the warrior has good procing weaps and a maxxed out taunt then go with the warrior otherwize USE A PALLY. THEY GOT LAY HANDS to kick in when your newb clerics fizzle out on the heals .

#2 If you dont have a good monk to pull the lairs, or more than one enchie to mez them when you rush him, then find one or have a druid kite them around. The druid method never works unless you got a good druid. Rangers are good at it to (tangle weed is the key)

#3. 2 clerics on tank at all times and a back up healer just in case. Make sure that the clerics have an autotarget button for the second assist if the first should fall (witch is sad to see with all the awesome armor we have now a days).

#4 Casters start chaining their nukes at 60-50 % depending on how you feel about your raid force. One mage and enchanter must go in to tash, mass debuff and malo then run out =).

#5. When you rush your dragon, send in the MT, and cleric and druid/shammy (perferably the shaman), at 95% health MT calls assist (have the raid practice their assists and make them practice once or twice so that you see a entire screen off "i am assisting %T's)

#6 All melee goes to the back end and rogues get the tail =). Casters stay outside the lair till nuke assist is called (always keep a rezer of some sort with the casters in case things go bad for the melee ) casters stay on the front side of the dragon where the tank is.

#7 All cleric will and much bind at the entrence to the zone!! The raid leader is also required to have a coffin or two incase the clerics all get traped in the lair.

#8. As soon as the assist is called for your spacific group (casters/melee) ever one automaticly uses their resistance dicapline!!!! Have a mage summoning resist gear for all the non twinkaged peeps.

#9 BUFFS make and break a raid. this is the line of buffs that i like to have when i do dragons. CRAP BUFFS ALWAY COME FIRST.

resist fire/resist poisen/see invis/lev/dmf (good crap buff)/
Virtue/temp ON EVERY ONE
HASTE melees
Clarity
circle of summer (drood thang)
Resist magic (enchie thang)
Focus of Anything =)
anything else is great but not vital =)

#10 PETS, all pets must and will attack at 90% HEALTH. Dont ask why just DO IT... DO IT

#11 Reserving stuff is CRAPOLA especially the COF!!!!! Thats why vox/naggy raids have died out...

#12 The loot dont get delt out UNTILL EVERY ONE IS REZZED... bad things happen that way.. /shiver

#13 anything else you might want to add that makes any sence is good =)>

O YA AND DONT BE AFRAID TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND KEEP THE VOX CHANNEL CLEAR AT ALL TIMES. HIGH LEVEL BUFFAGE IS GUD ITS GUUD

that is all =)

Life sucks, get a rez...
Got SoW?
Here is the link to my Ghetto Rangah Web Site =).
Link
Aerrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:19 PM   #12
TyriaEM

Send a message via AIM to TyriaEM Send a message via MSN to TyriaEM
Good rules Aerrow. Will definately put every one of those into practice when I lead another raid. =) Thanks!
Old 04-01-2004, 05:05 AM   #13
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I'm not a dragon killer expert, but I do have common knowledge on the Kunark dragons.

Gorenaire, yeah, the cleric cold based Vox clone in Dreadlands. Her AE breath attack also slows melee, making for one long fight. Luckily the dragons on Kunark only have 32k HP O.o

Sevirillous (sp)... He's a shaman poison based dragon in Emerald Jungle who also drops the green scale for the warrior epic. People commonly scout him out by sending a druid in and casting sense summoned for his shaman pet.

Talendor is a fire based, uh... plain out Nagafen clone in Skyfire. Never heard anything different about him, so have fun with it.

All dragons drop Naggy/Vox loot plus some different.. "enhanced" loot. I haven't heard word about any of them lately, though, but that may be due to the fact that they've become so easy with the latest expansions (especially starting with Luclin) that when they're spotted they're killed soon enough. But if you find Gorenaire, Talendor, or Sevirillous up in Kunark those are more options for you to check out for old dragon loot.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:44 AM   #14
Aerrow

thought you forgot wooshie then i remebered that WL is not on kunark... doh.

Life sucks, get a rez...
Got SoW?
Link
Old 04-09-2004, 09:46 AM   #15
Minette

Default Crap buffs

How many crap buffs do you need to have? Just one? two? 3-4? Just wondering, since I've never been on a Vox/Nagafen Raid. I imagine it depends on how often do you get dispelled during the fight.

Minette
Minette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:27 AM   #16
Aerrow

Default Good question

On my raids i try to always make sure that every one has at least 3-4 crap buffs. Usually vox casts despell 1-2 times a fight, so 4 crap buffs is what i try to aim for.

I have an order in which i like to buff. It is as follows.

1st, Crap buffs: Dead man floating (if we have necro's), Sow/Soe, Ranger attack buffs (thats 2 group ones), resist fire/poisen, any buffs you can cast only on your self that are important.

2nd, Mana regen buffs. Kei, kitty crack, what ever mind buffs you want =). They are not as important because they dont have an imeadiate effect during the battle.

3rd, All the shaman buffs possible

4th, Enchanter Group resist magic, and Druid Circle of Summer (group cold resist).

5th. Haste =)

6th, MGB virtue (cleric luvin)

Anything else is great =)
5th, Haste/Damage Sheids/Runes(for the tanks)

Life sucks, get a rez...
Got SoW?
Link