Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2003, 09:11 PM   #26
Greell

aye in the u.s. and they were, the magazine (newspaper) was my home phone. though the ones to my cell phone were automated tellemarketers. And i've recieved two calls about it.

i figured something wasn't right about it. It really ticked me off because the last thing i want is people calling me up trying to sell me crap on my personal phone.

~Greell~
Greell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:17 PM   #27
Tpearla

I've gotten plenty of calls from telemarketers on my cell phone as well.. Although it may be illegal (I don't know), they still do it.

What really pissed me off is when my significant other checks my phone records and there is an unusual number on it because of it Just kidding
Tpearla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:24 PM   #28
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
As stated first thing in the morning by the guys that do the morning show on my radio station...

Some telemarketing company must have slipped a suitcase full of cash while having dinner with the judge.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:10 AM   #29
Guena Furryfoot

Thank the maker I have a cell phone and cancelled my home phone when I got cable

At least this ruling has a chance to be overturned in a higher court and it's backed by Congress *shrug*

Guena Furryfoot
Druid of Karana
Raid Officer of United Partisan's Service
Proudly in alliance with Vahkar en'Meisa and Vivix Protectorate
Guena Furryfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:28 PM   #30
Alauradana

Here is the whole thing I dont' understand...how do the telemarketers think that it is THEIR RIGHT to call you on YOUR phone, when YOU pay the frickken bill? That is my phone line--I would like someone to explain that one. If they paid my bill, they I can understand their right to call but they dont'. They aren't entitled and we have too many idiot politicians (judges too) who misconstrue every law to get crap like this on the table.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:41 PM   #31
darue_ivywood

how do the telemarketers think that it is THEIR RIGHT to call you on YOUR phone

uhh...could it be the freedom of america?

could it be the same right that you have to posting on this or any other message board?

Oh wait...we should get government regulation for that....and while were at it, I think they should start regulating the songs you listen to on the radio, the movies you see on TV, the sites you visit on the internet...

More Government Regulation for ALL...and while were at it, the god damn government should be watching your fucking kids too..little bastards always gettin in trouble..never the parents fault.

and after all is said and done, the first person to whine about the government having to much control over their personal freedoms, should be lined up and shot.

Promote Dictatorship!!

A 'do-not-call-list' is nice....but, after hearing the arguements against such a list, I would have to agree. More governmental regulation is NOT needed, nor should it go to the ones that whine the most. Think of the precedent this will set for the future. Not a very good one if you like the freedom your given now.

Turn off your damn ringers and screen your calls.

The best solution always starts with the individual.
darue_ivywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:46 PM   #32
darue_ivywood

gah..hit reply to fast...

for the cell phone thing...

yes, THAT is illegal becuase you are charged by the minute used.

Explain politely to the caller that they have reached you on a cell phone and to never call it again..., if this continues, DEMAND to speak to a manager of said company and explain that unless they want to pay for the minutes used, to erase this number and never call it again or be prosecuted for harrassment as well as a having to pay for YOUR usage charges.

And yes, that does work, As I have had a couple heated conversations over the very same thing and my cell phone. Now, I havent recieved a single telemarketer call on my cell for the last year and a half.
darue_ivywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:15 PM   #33
Meagan

Maybe I'm just lucky but I only get a telemarketer call once every 3 months maybe and for some odd reason, it's always to buy phone services. Hi you're calling me on my phone, can't you see I already have phone services? :P I just politely tell them no thank you and hang up. I don't see what the big deal is. Yes it is slightly annoying, but otherwise it's not too hard to click the off button on my phone. I guess it might be an issue if I was getting multiple calls a day. If they called my cell phone though I'd go off on them because of my limited weekday minutes. In terms of getting the calls to do surveys or take polls I kind of enjoy those . Now spam email.....that's a real problem! I don't check my email for a few days and I have 500 unread messages of crap! Blocking and unsubscribing from lists only seems to add you to more lists! Die spammers!
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=166821
Meagan is offline   Reply With Quote