Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2003, 04:38 PM   #76
Hoamonduh

I apologize if i gave any wrong impressions.

Jadany, there is nothing more i wish to say.

I apologize that anyones time was wasted.
Hoamonduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #77
FurryCrew

I have a feeling is gyn was any other class other than a 65cleric is abunch of AAs he'd have a VERY hard time finding a guild....just shows how much people will put up with a person with an extremely bad rep just for a chance at lewtz
FurryCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:12 AM   #78
Keysha

I agree that Gywenth should not have started in a group if she had known that a target was being tracked; however, she didn't know. I think the only thing that she is showing is loyalty to her guild. Now, I know she did some uncool things in the past, but perhaps she's trying to make up for it. I find it sad that people have to relive things over and over and over and over, like when you have a sore tooth you just about HAVE to mess with it... kind of a gross analogy, but fitting.

Also, I don't think it's fair to come down on VoE members and officers just because they're defending a fellow guildie. All of you people would not do the same for a member of your own guild(s)? That's very sad =/

If more people on the game were able to treat others better, I probably would still play. I miss the game, which is why I still lurk here, but I couldn't handle all of the animosity again.

/hugs, y'all
Vanguards of Excellence
Keysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:38 AM   #79
Dragoonslair

Just read through these posts and wanted to add a few things...

Tav, There would be no need to find a new cleric and shammy within the 30min or fail like you said. You simply hit abandon/leave/decline whatever it is in the Alt+V. It will show in red that you failed, but WILL NOT count towards your record. Also, the adventure can only be done with the members of the original group anyways, therefore making it imposible to add more anyways without first leaving the current adventure.

Next I just want to say, anyone who joins a raiding guild is comited to raiding with them when posible period. I would agree, the best thing to do is not go on an LDoN adventure when there is a chance or raiding. But as mentioned it was a normal member of guild who tracked the mob, not an officer, and noone knew about it before hand. Vindi up, Raid called, they left, plain and simple.. and BEFORE they zoned in, which would have caused everyone to take a *real* loss. I know in my guild for example we now have it posted on the MOTD that between 6pm and midnight(or something like that) noone is to join LDoN groups, or risk being asked to leave in the middle of it if a raid is called.

There is no reason why ppl can't just join a BoT or any other *xp* zone group, where they can leave spur of the moment without hurting the guild much.

I am not too familiar with VoE policy when it comes to raiding, but Gwyn being a cleric, and Sir being a shammy, I am sure it was very important for them to attend in order for the guild to succede on the raid. Thus they felt the need to leave the adventure group that really, they DID NOT START YET, since it is not started untill you zone in. I could understand ppl flaming if they were half way through, and Boom Gwyn and Sir Say Sorry raid called we need to leave, and *poof* they gate. That would show bad form, and disrespect for the group they comited to. But like Many have said here, they did infact leave before zoning in so i fail to see what the big deal is?

I am thinking all the flames are coming because of the name Gwyn being mentioned in the first place? /shrug

Either way, hats off to ya both for suporting your guild, sucks for the group that wasted, anywhere from 2min to an hr, since they are very inconsistent when saying how long it was...

RuggerCorleone says,

We had justed zoned into Gfay when she said you guys were raiding. It wasn't even 2 minutes after we got the adventure.

Then says,

Yes I am glad that they didn't start the adventure with us before thye bailed, that doesn't change the fact that because of them, four other people wasted an hour they could have been doing something else.

Way I see it, took ya a long time to make group, finally found a cleric and shammy to fill it, and they then wasted 2min of your time, because a raid was called.... OMG not 2 minutes??

Either way, I do not know either of these ppl in game, nor am I friends with them. But seems like alot of ppl came here to rant on them, for suporting there guild, leaving before they made a group take a loss, and for 2 wasted minutes?

Soo much h8....

Dragoonslair 65th Pally <Cruentus>
Dragoonslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:20 AM   #80
Tajerie

I believe this is but the 1st of many long rants and flames concenring LDON adventures. I like to do them but foresaw a problem the second they came out. VoE has since adopted a policy of no adventures w/o all guild groups during peak raid times. The people involved were wrong to committ to the said group but were right to leave and join us on the raid. Both have been very productive and loyal members to the guild. One thing I find amusing is the orginal posters gripe about having to wait for X amount of time due to whatever reason. Who, in this game, has NOT had to wait for one thing or another? If the peeps is question had bailed during the middle of the adventure this might be a whole different discussion, but they did not, so no harm, no foul, except for the TIME wasted. Jeez, 4 pages in R&F about time wasted. /ponder

Tajerie
Proud Officer and Member of VoE
Tajerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:39 AM   #81
RuggerCorleone

Default hey retard it is a game

It is a game there is nothing that can be lost but time. Every rant in the entire forum boils down to time wasted. It is a bunch of pixels, and the only thing that can really not be replaced is the time wasted.

I have nothing more to say about this. To me this was a very useful post because I have several names written down that I know not to do adventures with because I can't count on them staying.
RuggerCorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 07:03 AM   #82
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic

Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
Originally Posted by Keysha
Also, I don't think it's fair to come down on VoE members and officers just because they're defending a fellow guildie. All of you people would not do the same for a member of your own guild(s)? That's very sad =
I'm not coming down on VoE because they're defending a guildmember, I was responding to Jorfe's wide brush painting all of us that are suspicious of Gwyenth as "bandwagon" haters, because it's cool to hate him.

I can be a real bitch on these boards, and I have had strong disagreements here with quite a few people, but I'll tell you what. In game, short of someone actually going on repeatedly trying to piss me off, I'm exceedingly nice. I wouldn't dream of training anyone deliberately, and I'll take a death before I train someone on accident. If I can help someone out, I'll do that too, if I have the time.

My experiences with Gwyenth are that he is a terrible member of the community. Back when he played Elsinor I watched him try to get groups by intimating that he was some sort of sex object/beauty queen (back before Luclin graphics, so let me tell you, he wasn't), I've watched him change gear so that he could roll on something that he didn't need. I've been on the receiving end of his rude diatribes, and quite frankly, I'll never give him the benefit of the doubt, because he doesn't deserve it.

He might be the epitome of perfection to VoE, but he treats the rest of the server like they're stepping stones to whatever loot/experience etc that he thinks he deserves. He deserves nothing. For gods sake, he rolled up a cleric because his reputation was so crappy as Elsinor that no one would have him, and back then, wizards weren't part of the holy trio.

I have and do refuse to group with a limited number of people. He's on that list. If he joined a group I was part of, I would leave, as I have done with the other people on that very short list. No experience/loot is worth putting up with him. He's a shame to VoE. If they want to put up with him, more power to them, but they should not expect the rest of the server that he's slighted to just let bygones be bygones.

Fortunately, I don't need to deal with him. I have enough clerics that are my friends that I can get a buff or a rez almost at a moment's notice if I have a need.

So, Jorfe and Hoam and whoever else posted here, you can post til you can't breathe about how wonderful he is, and what an asset to your guild he is, but do not expect those of us that have experienced his rude, nasty lootwhore self to like him. I don't hold anything against VoE, but Gwyenth doesn't deserve any respect from anyone else, so don't expect him to get any.

Originally Posted by Shardmoon
Its true, Cao has a huge epenis. And not just long, but thick. That fucker looks like a pringles can when she waves it around.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 07:50 AM   #83
TavianX

Caoilfhionn
Gwyenth doesn't deserve any respect from anyone else, so don't expect him to get any.
Noone ever deserves respect, they earn it. Gywenth may not have earned your respect, which I can understand from what you have stated, however some folks, like myself have no issues with Gywenth. I used to, but that has changed over the past couple of months with some of the selfless acts Gywenth has done.

Kreep/Tav
TavianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:25 AM   #84
darue_ivywood

Jeez, 4 pages in R&F about time wasted. /ponder

um..EverQuest IS a time waste. (explain how it isnt, and, well, ...hmm cant be done)

There is nothing EQ can bring 90% of the people that play other than wasted time. A filler of a void..much like television.

then there are the 10% or so who develop relationships that carry into Real Life, but for the most part I think your statement should read ..

Jeez, 4 years in R&F about time wasted. /ponder
darue_ivywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:51 AM   #85
TavianX

There is nothing EQ can bring 90% of the people that play other than wasted time. A filler of a void..much like television.

I feel so.....empty.

/grumble

Oh wait..just hungry. /yells "DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER PLEASE!"

Kreep/Tav
TavianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:08 AM   #86
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic

Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
Originally Posted by TavianX
Caoilfhionn

Noone ever deserves respect, they earn it. Gywenth may not have earned your respect, which I can understand from what you have stated, however some folks, like myself have no issues with Gywenth. I used to, but that has changed over the past couple of months with some of the selfless acts Gywenth has done.

Kreep/Tav
I can understand that, and that's cool. My point being that I'm not on a bandwagon hating Elsinor/Gyw....having been on the receiving end of some of the nastiest tells I've ever received in this game, not to mention a host of other of his antics (and I've been playing for over 4 years), I naturally view him thru jaded eyes.

I've seen him burn too many people, so I have concern for his guild, and even for you, because he's just a viper in the grass waiting to strike.

Anyway, I'm not on a bandwagon disliking him because it's "cool", and I think it's exceedingly rude of VoE to make such a statement. In that case, my opinion of VoE *does* go down, because they can't give others the same respect they want. I'll respect their opinion that he's an okay player and an okay guy, but in return, they should respect mine that he's a waste of air.

Originally Posted by Shardmoon
Its true, Cao has a huge epenis. And not just long, but thick. That fucker looks like a pringles can when she waves it around.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:18 AM   #87
Kanjien

This whole rant is why I choose not to be in pickup groups at all...because there are many people who will join a group...and prove that they care nothing for anyone in the group at all.
I do not know the person everyone here seems to hate so much...and I have never had a bad experience with VoE...but if I were one of the people who does join pickup groups...I would think more than twice about joining a group with either party in it.
In my opinion...you should never enter into the group if you think there may even be a chance you will be called away...fine you are loyal to your guild...but you were exceedingly rude to those who had counted on you in the group...and I would venture to say that the guild could afford to do without your help for that 90 minutes much more than the group you joined could have.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:02 PM   #88
Jorfe

I have only known Gywenth for the past few months, never knew Gywenth as Elsinor. Has anyone stopped to think that maybe this person has changed? I know sometimes he can be a little out there but whenever he's done raids, he's thought of guild first since he's been in this guild. What I'm against is people bringing out stuff that happened before and not trying to get over those things. It is so easy to come to this snake pit and spew venom about people because there are really no consequences.

The statements I made are blanket statements but they are true. Think about the people you know in EQ and why it makes them feel so powerful to post here and why it makes them feel so powerful to have an uber character. I was a 24/7 player and was letting things around me pass me by, then I took a look and realized that all this really didn't mean much, it is just a game. This is where I'm coming from and I'll stand by my statements. I won't come here and spew venom about people, and there are a few that I think should be "hunted down and hung as trophies" but they may be horrible in my eyes, but wonderful to other people.

There were two VoE members involved and only one of them was flamed here as if people were taking the opportunity to see this person's name and jump on it to flame them. This is what I view as wrong and it is petty.

As for myself I never group unless I know I'm going to have ample time to do the group for a few hours, and I rarely play this game unless it is during guild raid times these days, so I rarely group anymore. That same night someone asked me to join them for MM and I said I couldn't commit. There was an error in judgement on the part of both VoE members involved but I didn't think it was worth a whole rant. This will be happening a lot because that's the nature of LDoN, with people from all different guilds, not just VoE. Just have to cut your loses and try again until you can find someone that can commit. Best thing to do is ask the people you are grouping with if there's anything that will prevent them from finishing an adventure and get their word that they will finish it, even before you enter.

We usually raid in the evenings and people should know there's a good chance that there will be a raid called during that time, unless stated in the GMOTD that it is an experience night.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:37 PM   #89
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe this person has changed?
No.

blah blah blah blah blah-dee-blah-derp to diddly derp
I'm not sure I understood this part of your post.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:48 PM   #90
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
That translates to:

Stop trying to figure this shit out and go grab an alcoholic beverage of your choice.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:33 AM   #91
gojirra monk

If you are in a guild that requires you to leave whatever you are doing at a moment's notice, you need to make a hotkey like this:

Hi. I am (insert name of guild here)'s bitch. My guild values raid loot over decency, so if something pops, you guys are fucked. If you turn around and I'm not here any more, you may be upset, but you have been warned.

Use that hotkey whenever you join or get invited to a non-guild group, raid or event.
gojirra monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:42 AM   #92
Dragoonslair

No, if you are in a guild that requires you to join raids, and you joined knowing this... then don't join LDoN groups during raid time. Don't join LDon Groups when u see 18+ppl on with needed classes to raid a target(clerics,slowers,cc,dps) But more importantly, alot of these ppl are in guild groups anyways... I know my groups are normally 50%+ guild, if not all guild, or unless it is real early before most log on.

But as we approach raid times we do xp camps we can leave in a seconds notice, or just screw around killin time.

No need for ur bitch ass hotkey, since if they really value there guild, and want to raid with them they will not be in an LDoN group when there is the slighest chance of a raid...

Thanx for the thought though!

Dragoonslair 65th Pally <Cruentus>
Dragoonslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:31 PM   #93
arnoldofgaul
Banned User

Well from some who was/is associated with voe. I deguilded myself yesterday, I've done this before and come back,but probabley won't this time. I can say beyond a reasonable doubt that I CAN'T STAND IT. It being sulia/gywenth. I had to post something. She met her guild reasonablity which was good. I don't know for certain if she met her responsiblity to her group, but I doubt it. I doubt that this hasn't happened to someone before in a group. The fact that it was gywenth is the reason this was posted. VOE doesn't have the most rigorous standards for accepting people. They/we don't kick people out without a really good reason. They/we are still a really great guild, I don't doubt at all that every guild has it's assholes in it. Sulia/Gywenth is voe's so be it. Like it or not, it has something to offer.
arnoldofgaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 09:32 PM   #94
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
If you are in a guild that requires you to leave whatever you are doing at a moment's notice, you need to make a hotkey like this:

Hi. I am (insert name of guild here)'s bitch. My guild values raid loot over decency, so if something pops, you guys are fucked. If you turn around and I'm not here any more, you may be upset, but you have been warned.

Use that hotkey whenever you join or get invited to a non-guild group, raid or event.
Here's a better idea.. if you don't have the common sense to not get yourself buried in a LDoN/exp/raid group when there's a good chance your guild is going to call you up...

Do. Not. Join. A. Raiding. Guild.

Period. (If you hadn't picked up on that part already)

It's pretty fuckin' simple, imho.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote