Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #1
Deadscale

Default Damn Football Players =p

Just saw this one the msn homepage:

Authorities are investigating reported sexual assaults

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

BELLMORE, N.Y. -- A Long Island school board has unanimously voted to end a high school football team's season amid allegations that some players were sexually assaulted by older teammates at a training camp in Pennsylvania last month.

The Bellmore-Merrick school board decided at a Wednesday night closed-door meeting to cancel all of the Mepham High School football team's games. The decision affects both the varsity and junior varsity squads. Their first game was to have been Saturday against H. Frank Carey High School in Franklin Square.

Thomas Caramore, the district's superintendent, was not immediately available for comment Thursday morning, but a receptionist in his office said, "The season is canceled."

Authorities are investigating accusations that players were sexually abused during a hazing rite while the team was at Camp Wayne for Girls in Preston Park, Pa.

Newsday reported that three varsity players allegedly sodomized three junior varsity players with a broomstick, pine cones and golf balls while other players watched. One of the students was injured so badly that he required surgery, the newspaper said.

The board found that "a significant majority" of the team's players violated the district's code of conduct "which requires that all students are expected to promptly report criminal, serious, or dangerous violations to school officials," according to a statement read by Charles Reinhardt, the president of the school board.

No arrests have been made, and prosecutors and school officials have not commented on the specifics of the allegations.

------------

What's up with that =P
Glad I just did track and cross-country =o
Old 09-18-2003, 10:49 AM   #2
darkforest

Unfortunately that stuff seems to be semi common to various degrees.I don't know if the coaches condone it or just turn a blind eye but there definately needs to be harsher penalties for some of the stuff they do.

Here is a list of some other ones dating back some (unfortunately my sons future high school is listed there averill park) http://hazing.hanknuwer.com/hsh2002.html
Old 09-18-2003, 11:17 AM   #3
Aishen L`Fey
Princess Kooky

Send a message via AIM to Aishen L`Fey
Hazing is a cycle of violence, just like any other form of violence. Violence tends to perpetuate itself with today's victims becoming tomorrow's predators. That's really what hazing is- suffering abuse and outright humiliation (aka "the right of passage") that grants you to opportunity to inflict the same abuse that was done to you onto someone else in the future. It's almost a textbook example of violence.

I'm sure if parents, coaches, other authority figures, and students themselves would realize the fact that hazers are nothing more than violent predators (even if they prey for a few moments during a hazing, they're predators for those few moments), there would be a lot fewer hazing incidents. If you ask hazers if what they're doing is violent, they'd deny hazing's violent, and that's the problem. No criminal believes what they're doing is really a crime.

Until people understand that humiliation and physical abuse all constitute as violence, and that people who committ those offenses are violent predators, hazing will stick around. Unfortunately, it's still "no big deal" and they're "only having fun," which means we have a long way to go before kids finally realize that just because it's tradition don't mean it ain't jacked.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:18 PM   #4
ShardmoonVer.1

You gotta be seriously fucked up to sodomize a guy with a pine cone. That was way over the line. Golf balls... broom sticks... ok. Thats just football. A pine cone though... is wrong.

Imagine how many laps the coach is gonna make those guys run before he lets them play another game for the East Side Assjammers.

Shardmoon
aka Kiebler
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:20 PM   #5
Grammaw

Send a message via AIM to Grammaw Send a message via Yahoo to Grammaw
I thought that is how you figured out who was going to play Tight End.
Grammaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:22 PM   #6
Auron

At the same time overawareness is stupid too. Some parent complained that varsity members would make all the freshman in that lunch period get up and sing the school fight song on friday's before games and the school stopped it. Beyond that i laughed at it taking place at a camp for girls but thats just me not taking it seriously enough i guess.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:50 PM   #7
Kalvarin

Bahahahahahahahahahh Grammaw..

and yah, Aishen speaks the truth (at least for now )
Kalvarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:25 PM   #8
Irulan Dunedancer

Whee, glad I was in band. Having Sousaphones (with cases) tossed at your head (closest thing we had to "hazing" was making all the freshmen guys be on loading crew) beats the heck out of this.
46 Ranger (semi-retired)
"Don't say I'm out of touch/ With this rampant chaos - your reality/ I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge/ The nightmare I built my own world to escape"
Irulan Dunedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:30 PM   #9
Deadscale

Ahaha, I did band too ><

But being on the loading crew was an actual priviledge =P Or so everyone thought because we got out of class early for away games.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:09 PM   #10
Aamrie

We just had 5 football players booted off the local team here for having sex with a 12 year old and filming it using equipment they had stolen from another high school..

And they dont see that they did anything wrong..go figure

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:21 PM   #11
Irulan Dunedancer

*shrug* All of our football games started at 7 pm, so loading crew had to be back up at school at 4:30 (as opposed to 5 for the rest of the band).
46 Ranger (semi-retired)
"Don't say I'm out of touch/ With this rampant chaos - your reality/ I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge/ The nightmare I built my own world to escape"
Irulan Dunedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:18 PM   #12
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

I'm kinda happy I was such an antisocial little prick in high school now...yea I got lots of cafeteria food thrown at me but my anal virginity is still intact.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:23 PM   #13
Kurupt

Eww, I always knew those football players were kinda gay wearing all that spandex and what not

I played soccer, it's more better
Old 09-18-2003, 10:52 PM   #14
Tpearla

More better? hehe
Hazing happens a lot more than people realize. It's sad really, but nothing is going to stop it. Most of the hazing that occurs now is done actually at the school, and usually the coach, teacher, or instructor know about it. They just turn a blind eye to it because it is tradition. But imagine if there was a big stink about it and all the faculty tried to stop it.. Yeah, they might stop it from happening at the school, but then the hazing would be done away from school grounds, and then it would be even more violent because there wouldn't be the "what if we get caught" syndrome. Most hazings aren't too bad because it's in the "back room of the band building" or something. But if they are done in the parking lot across the street from the freshman's house at night, it could be a lot worse. I've been through a few hazings myself, and I didn't enjoy it... but when I think back on it, I'm glad it was at least somewhat "contained".

I'm NOT saying I condone it, I'm just saying that although there are some cases where it goes too far, be glad they are few and far between. Just goes to show that Humankind will never stop the violence. The universe is chaotic... learn to deal with it best you can

I know somebody who actually lost a testical during a band hazing...
Tpearla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 01:17 AM   #15
Fenlayen

...I know somebody who actually lost a testical during a band hazing...

ermm how ? you cant just leave us with no details
Fenlayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:54 AM   #16
Frekkels

Hail,
Originally Posted by Shardmoon
You gotta be seriously fucked up to sodomize a guy with a pine cone. That was way over the line. Golf balls... broom sticks... ok. Thats just football. A pine cone though... is wrong.
Let me see if I have this straight...Being sodomized with a golf ball or broomstick is okay? You are one sick puppy.

Where I went to high school isn't too far from Bellmore.

Those boys should be charged with rape, the onlookers who didn't report it (or stop it) should also be criminally charged. Those poor JV boys. What a lousy memory about high school sports to have to keep for a lifetime. Sad sad example of peer pressure & initiation rites gone horribly wrong.

Take care,
Old 09-19-2003, 05:57 AM   #17
Deref

/agree Frekkels
Coercer (Packed in mothballs... sorta)
Deref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 06:13 AM   #18
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Pine Cones are kinda sexy..

/shrug
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 06:33 AM   #19
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

Let me see if I have this straight...Being sodomized with a golf ball or broomstick is okay? You are one sick puppy.
Let me see if I have this straight...you are as devoid of a sense of humor as you appear to be?
Old 09-19-2003, 06:39 AM   #20
Frekkels

Hail,
Let me see if I have this straight...you are as devoid of a sense of humor as you appear to be?
When it comes to jokes about the rape of minors, yes, you are right. My sense of humor in such cases is pretty much nil.

I do have a sense of humor, it just doesn't center around that style of joke.
A link to a link to something I find humorous.

Take care,
Old 09-19-2003, 07:16 AM   #21
ShardmoonVer.1

This problem is more wide spread than reported. It appears they may have hazed Frekkels and forgot to remove that stick out of his/her ass. In the words of the great military leader Sgt. Hulka. "Lighten up, Francis".

Shardmoon
aka Kiebler
Old 09-19-2003, 07:41 AM   #22
Munkie X

I played football and I never had to go through any ass punding to play. I can't imagine I would want to be around people who thought a good idea of initiation was sticking objects up peoples asses..

Now their football season is cancelled and the guys got pinecones shoved up their asses for nothing. The best thing that can come out of this is some guys go to jail and some others get some interesting nick names. In my school football players had a celebrity status, these guys though got nothing but shame. Maybe they should start a Powderpuff team.

This is one sick society.
Munkie X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 08:00 AM   #23
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Why would you want to join a team that thinks its cool to shove stuff up your ass? That report also doesnt mention if they were forced to have stuff put up there. id guess the kid who got hurt didnt want to tell but since he was seriously injured had no choice.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:06 AM   #24
ShardmoonVer.1

Quitters never win. Then again, niether do guys with pine cones jammed up their poopchutes.

And you are right Chuk, these kids would have just sucked it up to gain the acceptance of their team mates. The only thing that gave them away was the piney freshness that filled the room when ever they farted.

Shardmoon
aka Kiebler
Old 09-19-2003, 08:15 AM   #25
Kurupt

The only thing that gave them away was the piney freshness that filled the room when ever they farted.
Haha, the sweet smell of a mountain breeze....